• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Yes, Krystal is a good omen I think. If Krystal got in as an AT , an irrelevant Rare-created but fan favorite whose support is much smaller than K. Rool, they're going all out with representing fan favorite characters in some way. And yet K. Rool and Dixie are missing. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Yeah, edited what I meant to express myself more clearly.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Said it once, and now again, I won't expect a K.Rool reveal before we get to know about a next DKC game.

Ridley had stronger demand overal and showing him first makes sense. Yet K.Rool just needs that extra something that's gonna make his inclusion more logical. And that Retro "secret project" might just be the thing.

I'd hold out judgement for now. Sure the demand has been heard, wether it'll be answered is a second thing. But the odds SEEM TO BE in our favor this exact time.

We might actually need to learn to be like the Ridley fanbase. Be more loud and obnoxious and upfront about wanting our Obese Kremling Overlord in Smash. It seems to help this time.

Also keep in mind that it'd be suicide if Sakurai isn't gonna include DLC for this game. It was hugely succesful last time, and likely will be this time as well.

Let's just be optimistic, but let's keep the support going as well. How is that Kremling Kampain running for example? Would be wise to have such things yet again.

Same here. I'd also be happy if he got in regardless of being a Bowser semi-clone. And honestly... it IS a possibility that K.Rool would be based a lot of Bowser.

The old Melee Koopa Klaw for example fits K.Rool extremely well. A Down B has always been a ground stomping move or something involving his weight in fan movesets. And Neutral B could even be outrightly stolen / borrowed from Bowser Jr.

For normals, honestly most of Bowser's moveset seem to fit K.Rool.

I wouldn't even be upset honestly.
I actually think its completely likely that they wait until they announce K. Rool alongside the next DK. They can announce it any time. Based on Davide Soliani's comments, there's a new DK IP team that's been around for years and they're probably working on something right now. I think that's a 2019 title and it will get announced this year.

My belief has always been that Ridley is the only character who could be revealed at E3 that would not diminish K. Rool's chances - if anything, increase them.

K. Rool's chances are better than ever, especially with the onslaught of Assist Trophies.
So my opinion was roughly the same, BUT--

I was assuming several reveals at E3, so I didn't necessarily think Ridley would be a good sign, but he'd be one of the few ways I'd be optimistic about K. Rool later. With Ridley the only newcomer reveal at E3 and third-parties looking less likely in general, plus a few big DK stages missing and even the Pirate Ship, I think K. Rool's odds are incredibly good.

I do think at this point K. Rool will probably be revealed alongside the 2019 Donkey Kong game. I think Donkey Kong and Metroid Prime 4 are the big holiday titles next year.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
But if that's true, what is the point of withholding those 2 newcomers? Unless you don't count Echoes as total new characters, which it seems to be cause they treat Daisy as a new character.

Good to see you back tho homey!
Ayyyye what's good playa. I think one of them will be a smash ballot character that will be shown once voted. idk if the other character will be shown along side the ballot char. But it's all wishful thinking and speculation on my part really

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It may be now or never for K. Rool. At least until he returns with a major role in the DK series. I already sort of felt that way with the character in regards to this Smash game, but now I firmly believe it.

Ridley's inclusion really shows that Sakurai is not only paying close attention to requests and desires from the fanbase, as does the fact that every single past Smash veteran returned, but that he's really going above and beyond to satisfy the fans this time. Trying to get every single character back and working must've been hell to accomplish, and we already know that, by the end of the last Smash game's development, Sakurai was convinced that Ridley simply couldn't be implemented in a way that stayed true to the character. Yet in the very next game, Ridley finally showed up as a playable character anyway. If all that can be done, then surely another fairly iconic and beloved Nintendo villain who's greatest roadblock is a longtime lack of relevance can get in as well. No doubting Sakurai has heard the desires for K. Rool, as well.

The unfortunate thing is now we just have no telling how many newcomers really remain and who they could be, for sure. Ridley's inclusion helps K. Rool's odds if anything, I'm standing by that, but it also obviously doesn't guarantee a darn thing, either.

Hard to say it the official website means much of anything. Some people have pointed out that the "66 Fighters!" could simply be a design sort of thing, as Smash 4's website did something similar (I recall that myself once people started to bring it up). We have no way of knowing for sure, though. This is a new game in the series, and it's a whole new animal. Whether there really is only one more newcomer or not, I'd advise everyone to remain cautious. Future DLC aside, there likely still won't be many more initial newcomers beyond one, anyway.

I only really expect 1 or 2 more characters I just hope King K Rool gets in
Heeeey, Moon Monkey! I haven't seen you around here in a long time. How ya been?

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
People need to stop focusing on the 66 characters. They've already announced 66 characters (Pokemon Trainer as one, Echo fighters as 3, that adds to 66). There's a decent amount of people who think that this is the whole roster (minus 1 or 2 characters) and that makes no sense at all. There's no way they're only gonna release only 2 new characters in 6 whole months. While I'm very happy to see every character back the truth is that a lot of people will only buy the game if there's enough new, never-before-seen content, regardless of how much work has been put into the concept.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
I personally expect no more than 7 more newcomers on top of the ones already revealed, making the total newcomer count an even 10, which seems like a lot for what Sakurai said, but is still a lot less than we got in previous entries. This would also mean at least one new character would be revealed each month up until the release, which I'd be more than okay with.

Going by the Smash Ballot pie chart I shared earlier and what Sakurai personally likes, these are my best guesses in no real order:
1. King K Rool
2. Dixie Kong (likely revealed along with K. Rool)
3. Paper Mario
4. Waddle Dee
5. Geno
6. Elma or Rex/Pyra
7. some guest character like Simon Belmont or Jibanyan

Of course, this is just for the base game. I don't doubt that we'll get DLC afterwards. There's already so much crammed into a single cartridge, so if there's any ideas they couldn't fit in (like an ARMS rep or whatever XBC character they didn't choose), those will likely be downloadable.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
My guess is eight newcomers and 5 echos leading is to 79. Imo K Rool is the likeliest newcomer. Likeliest char rn is Dark Samus surprisingly for me lol.

He will have his finest hour.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ayyyye what's good playa. I think one of them will be a smash ballot character that will be shown once voted. idk if the other character will be shown along side the ballot char. But it's all wishful thinking and speculation on my part really
Am good my man! How's life been going for you?

Actually ordered the Switch a week before E3 and am glad I did.

K.Rool as a DLC character would make a lot of sense yes, but he could easily make the base roster since relevancy is probably not much of a issue right now. Despite that, the SNES Mini did well so that is also a thing that could increase the chances of King K.Rool? However, not a new DKC title in sight, and with Tropical Freeze Switch released not too long ago, there's not too much chance of a new DKC game revealed this year. Hopefully am wrong though!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Heeeey, Moon Monkey! I haven't seen you around here in a long time. How ya been?
I'm here and I'm @#$!ing excited

Am good my man! How's life been going for you?

Actually ordered the Switch a week before E3 and am glad I did.

K.Rool as a DLC character would make a lot of sense yes, but he could easily make the base roster since relevancy is probably not much of a issue right now. Despite that, the SNES Mini did well so that is also a thing that could increase the chances of King K.Rool? However, not a new DKC title in sight, and with Tropical Freeze Switch released not too long ago, there's not too much chance of a new DKC game revealed this year. Hopefully am wrong though!
Pretty dope, been working and binge watching shows really lmfao
Good call hmu when you finally get it
One could hope for DKC love

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I actually think its completely likely that they wait until they announce K. Rool alongside the next DK. They can announce it any time. Based on Davide Soliani's comments, there's a new DK IP team that's been around for years and they're probably working on something right now. I think that's a 2019 title and it will get announced this year.

So my opinion was roughly the same, BUT--

I was assuming several reveals at E3, so I didn't necessarily think Ridley would be a good sign, but he'd be one of the few ways I'd be optimistic about K. Rool later. With Ridley the only newcomer reveal at E3 and third-parties looking less likely in general, plus a few big DK stages missing and even the Pirate Ship, I think K. Rool's odds are incredibly good.

I do think at this point K. Rool will probably be revealed alongside the 2019 Donkey Kong game. I think Donkey Kong and Metroid Prime 4 are the big holiday titles next year.
Davide Soliani mentioned something about a new DK team?

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
I'm very interested too.

K.Rool performance in ballot probably caught them by surprise.
They said they'd use those datas not only for Smash, but also for other games.
So i hope they understood fans want the Krems back in DKC games.

l loved DKC Returns, but I could not help thinking : where are the krems ?
After DKC Tropical Freeze reveal, I thought he same: those ennemies are an improvement, but still they did not get the message.
I don't think I'm the only one, I'm ok for a breaht of fresh air for 2 games, but a third with no krems would irritate me, it is time.

Btw if K.Rool comes back in a new DKC, what look do you think / want he will have ?
Classic King ? or a whole new look like he gets in every new DKC ?
I'd like a new one, the studio in charge would them give him a specific thematic, and bring it to the krew too ( DKC2 had Kaptain and the whole Pirate thematic for the ennemies and locations).
It would be a good way for the devs to to go for the classic options with krems, but still leave their own mark on the serie with some creativity.
Though we had Classic King, Kaptain, mad scientist, boxer, I don't know what could be next...

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
K rool used to be my 2nd .let wanted villain after Ridley and now he actually he is still my 2nd most wanted. Pug ganon has become my most wanted. I think k rool is more likely

EdwardSponge

Smash Apprentice
As this game is supposedly going to have fewer newcomers than usual i wouldn't think that K Rool is one of their priorities at the moment but the lack of K Rool assist trophy gives off the impression to me that he is definitely DLC potential.

Don't get me wrong he definitely has a chance for vanilla. I'm going nuts trying to find the smallest hint of his inclusion as if I was an Illuminati conspiracy theorist.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Don't get me wrong he definitely has a chance for vanilla. I'm going nuts trying to find the smallest hint of his inclusion as if I was an Illuminati conspiracy theorist.
I feel that The End that was in the direct before Sakurai went into Ultimate might be a place to start, but that's just my thinking. :p

Last edited:

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Nairo can hold my casket when K. Rool is announced.

I SUSPECT that echo characters will be replacing custom moves this go around especially since they stopped caring about them once DLC came out. That said, if it is the case I think we'll be getting at the very least a satisfying iteration of K. Rool.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
K. Rool is the only remaining character I find very likely to be included.

Popularity seems big this time around, and the questionable timing surrounding some other candidates makes their inclusion a shakier prospect imo.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I hope we Kutthroats finally get our wishes answered. I was team Mewtwo, Ridley, and King K Rool going into Smash 4. I was so disappointed when I didn't get any of the three in the base game and pleased to see Mewtwo show up as DLC. Once again disappointed when King K. Rool didn't get announced as DLC or the winner of the Smash ballot (I was equally excited and disappointed by Bayonetta in that moment, though I love her now)

And then here comes Smash Ultimate, and Mewtwo not only stays, but Ridley makes it in as well?! That means my holy trinity of Smash characters is almost complete and I'm entirely too hopeful about King K. Rool's inclusion in this game. It just can't be the Ultimate Smash without him to me.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Davide Soliani mentioned something about a new DK team?
Yeah. We were all over that news in the K. Rool Discord. Let me see if I can find it--

Blah. I can't find it right now. Too much stuff came out about E3. There is an interview between Davide Soliani and GameXplain where he mentioned he's been working with the new DK IP team, and he specifically says "its a new team".

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Yeah. We were all over that news in the K. Rool Discord. Let me see if I can find it--

Blah. I can't find it right now. Too much stuff came out about E3. There is an interview between Davide Soliani and GameXplain where he mentioned he's been working with the new DK IP team, and he specifically says "its a new team".
That's awesome!!!!! I'll have to check that out! Thanks for the info!

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
It would be a good way for the devs to to go for the classic options with krems, but still leave their own mark on the serie with some creativity.
Though we had Classic King, Kaptain, mad scientist, boxer, I don't know what could be next...
I can't exactly recall where I saw that idea, but someone suggested that the next DKC (if the Krems come back that is) could be thematically built around a heist between DK and K. Rool with a Western theme.

Anyways, I definitely think that K. Rool has a fair shot this time around. I wasn't confident about him at all during the Sm4sh days but now that Ultimate is clearly gearing towards fan-service, there's hope. Would be amazing because he's my second most-wanted newcomer. Now if only Rayman could get in as well, I would be even more satisfied than I already am about the game.

Last edited:

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman

If you're messing with us, I'm walking the plank.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I plan on making an in-depth analysis explaining my reasons for predicting K. Rool for my prediction roster, it might be finished by the end of tomorrow. Last time, I tried looking deeply with researching the inclusion of Diddy in Brawl, K. Rool's creator at Playtonic, tried to find connections with the new Donkey Kong IP team the team behind the Rabbids DKC DLC mentioned in a Gamexplain interview, and looked into Paon and Miyamoto to see if they would be able to help out realizing K. Rool in Smash. I found nothing concrete. I do hope that I find some interesting discoveries upon researching K. Rool again.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Gathered my thoughts a little and want to share a little of how I think things stand, and why you all should get hyped, regarding DK in Smash.

The fears about getting virtually nothing new beyond what we've seen so far are overblown, in my opinion. This fanbase has a storied track record of taking Sakurai's cautionary statements and going full-on doomsday...like when he said "Brawl's roster was pushing the limit of feasibility" and people thought there might not be -any- newcomers in Wii U, or when they instinctively thought the characters Sal Romano leaked were the only newcomers for similar reasons. We're coming off a pattern of consistent jumps in newcomer counts, from 14 new guys in Brawl to 21 in Wii U, DLC included. Clearly Sakurai would prefer people not get their hopes up for -that- level of an increase again, but that doesn't mean it's literally just 2 or 3 newcomers left. 6, 7, or 8 not counting clones is probably more within range of what's realizable here.

As to who those newcomers will be, I lost count of the number of times Sakurai specifically framed a design choice as "back by popular demand" or "because of the fan outcry." Fan support is a weird concept among speculators, in that they usually take it either to two extremes...dismissing anything that comes off as remotely popular online as something only "the vocal minority" cares about (whereas their ideas, framed as coming from "the silent majority," are the obvious alternatives), or getting into a circular pattern of hype to the point where the mere possibility of the thing you personally want happening NOT happening is ludicrous. But here, the desire to cater to fan wants 100 percent played a factor with Ridley's inclusion and the return of all veterans, and even appears to be affecting the revamps to some veterans (how many times have users demanded Ganondorf's sword or Wario's shoulder bash?). This alone does not guarantee someone like K. Rool, but holy hell does it give him a more persuasive case as likelihood goes. It certainly makes the idea that they'll look at support for him specifically and go with Echo Funky because "DK Rep" that much more laughable.

It's that apparent approach that makes me more comfortable looking at how DK as a series has been handled in what we've seen of Ultimate. Otherwise, I'd say it's like Wii U, where there are nods to the franchise lore (DK's roll, his bug-eyes, Kritters) but nothing more. All rising action and no climax, is the G-rated way of putting it. Here, there's more of the same. A few examples:

We have our very first Donkey Kong Country 3 remix in Smash, and outside of Squitter's trophy listing DKC3 as a game of origin (by necessity more than anything), the series' only reference to DKC3 period. People have said it's Bonus Room Blitz from DKC1, not Dixie Beat from DKC3, which is partly true because the latter is a remix of the former, but if you listen closely to the instrumentals, you can hear this as a remix of a remix, if you will. That's fantastic news for anyone interested in any of the following: Dixie, a Baron K. Roolenstein costume, a helicopter pack recovery, a Kiddy Kong trophy, Brash the Bear being secretly responsible for the events of Subspace Emissary 2.

Here are the three tracks for a comparison:

DK's moveset has even more changes to be more faithful, and from across the series. His F-Throw carrying animation now resembles that from the Retro games, when he picks up a barrel or enemy with one arm. His Final Smash also appears to be a hybrid, taking the punching and flame effects from Jungle Beat (an "irrelevant" game no less) and the hit frequency of him beating up a boss in Retro's games.

Oh, and to say nothing of how absolutely beautiful Kongo Falls looks, they brought back the Klaptraps and gave them a new model, rather than reusing the ones from Melee or the GameCube Mario spinoffs. These guys were actually pretty faithful back to Melee; just like in DKC, the red ones jump at you on Kongo Falls, and the blue ones just swim through the water on Jungle Japes. Here's a potato-quality image from the tournament stream:

Anyhow, it really confused me when a few people in NYC saw my K. Rool shirt and said 'sorry' to me, as though Ridley being in the game disconfirmed K. Rool by default. This wasn't our feared scenario of Ridley plus five advertisements, with K. Rool nowhere to be seen. That would have been really bad news, but we got something totally different. Maybe Rool still won't be in, and they want to have him being in a new game as a needless barrier to Smash entry, but here's what I envision right now. They announce a new DK game by a non-Retro "DK team," referenced as having existed for years in this interview with Davide Soliani, sometime later this year (if they can announce Odyssey not at E3, a DK game truly could drop at any time). They show Kremlings and K. Rool as returning there, and then cut right into a Smash trailer where his reveal happens. Very realistically he gets shown off, and then Dixie turns up too as a cherry on top. Diddy indeed had his tail jab replaced, and he only ever had that move and a ledge attack as far as tail moves "Dixie couldn't do" anyway. She might not get the technical "echo" classification (Dr. Mario and Pichu don't either) but like them, she can still be a last-minute inclusion, maybe differing just in her recovery and/or dash attack, even if she has the potential to be fully unique (hi, Melee Ganondorf).

Let's wrap this wall of text up. If Ridley's handling is any indication, and we have a little luck on our side, our years of support will culminate with one hell of a brilliant and faithful reveal. Or an AT, but that's a bridge we cross when we get to it. All it'll take is keeping up good spirits a few months longer.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I bet I know who the "new DK team" is...

I'm putting my money on Monster Games, they ported DKCR to the 3DS and helped with the development of Tropical Freeze.. seem's like a logical move to hand off DK to that studio since they would be familiar with the IP. Other than them i can't think of anyone else who could be handling it....

It would blow my mind if they partnered with Playtonic.... having the OG devs working on a new DK game would be the greatest announcement ever for the DK franchise.....

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
This is the Ultimate Smash Bros. We have a lot of things that are tailored towards fan demand. Among others mentioned by BKupa666 BKupa666 like Ganondorf using his sword, Wario, etc, we got RIDLEY. For over a decade, Sakurai had repeatedly shot Ridley down because in his words, shrinking Ridley down wouldn't make him Ridley anymore. Come E3 2018, Ridley looks absolutely disgusting and I love it. His size isn't what makes Ridley Ridley, it's his intelligence as evidenced by his ***hole smirk twirling Mario's hat, and his brutal viciousness. He literally MURDERED Mega Man and Mario in cold blood in a matter of seconds.

We also got every character ever including third-party characters like Snake. This Smash is really pure fan-service. Everything I mentioned above is what the fans wanted and Sakurai gave back to his fiercely dedicated and loyal fanbase. Lots of balance changes, air-dodging, Ganon/Wario updates, Ridley, every character ever, almost EVERY SINGLE STAGE IN SMASH HISTORY...

Honestly, there has never been a better time for K. Rool to be in Smash. He may not have made an appearance in years but hey, look at Krystal. She's pretty much in the same boat in terms of relevance (although, she was never as important to her series as K. Rool was to DK) and out of the blue, she's an Assist Trophy. Where did that come from? Krystal has a following in the US but it's mostly in Japan. She may not have been big enough to make the roster but if there's anyone, ANYONE, that will make it, it's King K. Rool.

King K. Rool decimates Ridley in almost every Smash fan poll that has been created and despite not appearing in a title in 10 years (not including SSB4 trophies or Odyssey reference), his popularity increased each and every year. The fans never forgot him and the fans are single-handedly what's going to bring the King back into the spotlight this year.

This is the Ultimate Super Smash Bros. game, and there is no better way to confirm that title by bringing in the #1 most wanted newcomer worldwide in King K. Rool.

Prepare yourself, ladies and gentlemen. The Gangplank Galleon is ready to sail the seas for the first time in a decade! Next stop?

SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE!

I will bet my head of hair we get a K. Rool reveal in a Direct next month or in August. Come back to me soon.

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
Man, what a reveal. It took me some days to process my thoughts. All characters, Snakes return and Ridley's well deserved inclusion had me at my most excited since Brawl. In my eyes, only one fighter remains to make this complete.

I feel very good and optimistic about K. Rool's chances, even with there not being as many newcomers and Simon Belmont possibly taking a spot. Nothing's sure but the track record for this game's newcomers so far tell me Sakurai is less motivated by marketing like last game and more appealing to the fans which K. Rool has in spades. I still believe that the Smash Ballot and his universal appeal in the east and west are what could convince the devs to finally realize him as a fighter, especially with a very unique and unusually flashy Mii costume they could base his appearance on, not to mention the usual internet chatter making his name synonymous with Smash Bros. Heck, it also helps the DK series has never been more alive than it has been now with the recent games.

On the plus side, the other thing that caught my interest are the idea of Echo Fighters. I think EF's are going to be an easy way for Sakurai to squeeze in more fighters since they don't have their own number. Not to step on the toes of any Dixie fan, I could go for Dixie echoing Diddy and K. Rool getting in as a whole new character, whatever it takes to get both in this time around. As far as unrelated bread crumb trails go, Knuckles is spotted possibly suggesting he's an assist trophy and Shadow isn't seen in the assist trophy reel to my knowledge. Really gets the noggin joggin.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Admittedly premature but I don't care, the opportunity was too perfect:

Here's the blank template in case anyone wants to have fun with it:

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Everyone clamoring for Dixie, I think Funky is more relevant.
I like Funky but Funky is playable in one game. Dixie is one of the stars of the original trilogy. She starred in more OG DKCs than DK himself. Funky is a meme character in comparison to her. It's not hard to see why she's more supported.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Man, what a reveal. It took me some days to process my thoughts. All characters, Snakes return and Ridley's well deserved inclusion had me at my most excited since Brawl. In my eyes, only one fighter remains to make this complete.

I feel very good and optimistic about K. Rool's chances, even with there not being as many newcomers and Simon Belmont possibly taking a spot. Nothing's sure but the track record for this game's newcomers so far tell me Sakurai is less motivated by marketing like last game and more appealing to the fans which K. Rool has in spades. I still believe that the Smash Ballot and his universal appeal in the east and west are what could convince the devs to finally realize him as a fighter, especially with a very unique and unusually flashy Mii costume they could base his appearance on, not to mention the usual internet chatter making his name synonymous with Smash Bros. Heck, it also helps the DK series has never been more alive than it has been now with the recent games.

On the plus side, the other thing that caught my interest are the idea of Echo Fighters. I think EF's are going to be an easy way for Sakurai to squeeze in more fighters since they don't have their own number. Not to step on the toes of any Dixie fan, I could go for Dixie echoing Diddy and K. Rool getting in as a whole new character, whatever it takes to get both in this time around. As far as unrelated bread crumb trails go, Knuckles is spotted possibly suggesting he's an assist trophy and Shadow isn't seen in the assist trophy reel to my knowledge. Really gets the noggin joggin.
Knuckles is 100% an AT he popped out during one of the streams, he digs into the ground and pops out hitting enemies and punches enemies as well.

Which reminds me, notice a lot of characters who received Mii costumes last time around have become more prominent in Smash Ultimate

Knuckles is an AT
Protoman is in Megamans Final Smash
Toad becoming more involved in Peach and now Daisy's moveset
Inkling's are playable

These are just things from the current build... there's still some notable characters we have yet to see

K. Rool
Geno
Lloyd
Monster Hunter
Tails
Haihachi

I didn't mention characters like Varidi, Dunban, or Ashley because they had appeared in Smash 4 outside of their Mii outfits already. Though it is notable that Ashley didn't show up as an AT this time

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Funky is TOO relevant. Keep in mind when Sakurai made the project plan, which is somewhere in 2016. The only way I can see Funky being in is as a DK clone. Now that Ridley has been added which people have wanted since Melee, K.Rool is the next in line. Dunno when it'll happen, but it definitely is happening.

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan

These gifs made me fall in love with DK's new Final Smash.

On a serious note, I think that there would be around 6-8 newcomers (not counting echo fighters). King K. Rool is prime to be one of those newcomers, along with possibly Dixie Kong. Any other newcomers would be icing on the cake for me. As for Echo characters, the best case scenario would be that we get King K. Rool and Dixie as unique characters and Funky as an echo character to DK, having his final smash being related to surfing or his plane. Other Echo characters I can see are Shadow and Dark Samus, who are oddly absent from the E3 build.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I’m here to reaffirm my support for the King! Ridley’s been in the back of my head for over ten years, and now that he’s finally playable, I can now wholeheartedly declare King K. Rool to be my new most wanted newcomer. Here’s hoping to that we get him soon, Kutthroats.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
So, any sightings of Chunky as an AT this time around?

Here's the blank template in case anyone wants to have fun with it:

I love the new DK Gatling Gun Final Smash. Too good.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Chunky is the sasquatch of ATs........ so many have claimed too see him... yet the mainstream media can't find proof....

Finally he's for you..... he's the most elusive of the DK Crew......

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I think Skull Kid, Geno, and Ashley are some of the frontrunners in the "Mii Costume but not yet spotted as Assist Trophy" category.

After the King, of course.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I think King K. Rool is one of the most likely newcomers at this point

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Dark Samus is a guaranteed echo character because she originated in Metroid Prime 2 Echoes.
Yeah, that one seems almost certain, considering we haven't seen the AT and Samus had that *one* color replaced. Man, it'd be icing on the cake to get two Metroid villains in the same Smash game. Give her Phazon-based specials and normals and I'm completely down.

I'm kind of feeling Ashley too, along with obviously, the King himself, as full newcomers. Isn't Ashley like, incredibly popular in Japan? If there's ever a time to add her, and a new WarioWare rep in general, it's now. Her AT is also MIA.

Back to our big green boi, it's really interesting watching him actually become new Ridley. So much support has shifted over to him, and the Japan support, something he always had over Ridley, has only gotten stronger. Come on ballot, come on Mii costume, don't let us down. Missing Pirate Ship and most DK stages also has me suspicious.

FIGHT ON KUTTHROATS! TO THE LAST! THIS COULD BE OUR MOMENT!

Last edited:
Top Bottom