• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
No way are they going to pick the Paon K. Rool. Paon K. Rool is from games much less people have played than Rare's DK games. If K. Rool gets in, it's because of the Rare games. He'll look like he did in those games as we already saw with the Mii costume.

Here's something I always thought about that I think some people disagree with:

A lot of people describe K. Rool as "insane" but I don't see it that way. People for example associate his multiple personas with his "insanity" but I don't think that's right either. In my view, K. Rool deliberately chose to wear different outfits in those appearances because he's just like that. Cranky's comments that they are disguises certainly suggests that instead of them being full-fledged different personalities. I think K. Rool is more of a Count Olaf character in that respect. He can definitely "help" it, it's his choice to do so.

I think instead of calling him insane, I'd call him "unstable". But I never thought he was "not all there" like some people suggest.

Last edited:

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
K.Rool just made it to 3rd most wanted newcomers on the ResetEra pool:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...tendo-switch-st3-on-path-to-e3.44544/page-207

This is a surprising tie between K.Rool and Waluigi, which is kind of disappointing since I don't consider Waluigi in the same league of popularity and importance imo.
I thought K.Rool would be N°1 or 2, but hey it is still top 3.
At least we know K.Rool is probably more popular in Japan.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I can easily see why it was tied with Waluigi.

K. Rool is important for Smash Hardcores, and DK Fans.
Waluigi is a world escalating meme. Of course people heavily will vote Waluigi.

Now ... What does make me curious is in fact who might be placed one and two.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Ehh we forgetting how much we literally still don't know about the new game and its look?

It'll prob be really close to Smash 4 art but even if they brushed the textures a tiny bit to make it its own thing, I can see either K. Rool fit in no problem.

AnothenBlue

Smash Cadet
I think his latest designs are more likely to be used than the old one. They could always make their own, but most of the time, they stick to the newer designs.
It's not like a large group of people would be unhappy with either design considering that there aren't many major differences between them unlike, say, "Classic" and "Modern" Sonic. But I do have to say that I'd rather have the old one be used just because I don't want to see any bare Kremling butts in my family-friendly Smash.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
With Sakurai being so into the mood of making each character feel like their own, I'm sure that if K. Rool makes it, then he will be using his "King" attire from DKC1, and perhaps if fan demand is a thing, the "Kaptain" as an alt, but I do not think that the most recent one from Sluggers will be used.

Also. In each Trophy in Smash for K. Rool it has always been the "King" attire, so, why would he change now that he becomes playable?

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
With Sakurai being so into the mood of making each character feel like their own, I'm sure that if K. Rool makes it, then he will be using his "King" attire from DKC1, and perhaps if fan demand is a thing, the "Kaptain" as an alt, but I do not think that the most recent one from Sluggers will be used.

Also. In each Trophy in Smash for K. Rool it has always been the "King" attire, so, why would he change now that he becomes playable?
I agree with this. I feel like the King attire is what defines KING K Rool. That dorsn‘t Mean that he won‘t be able to use some cannonball shenanigans, though.

Also, Bill Trinnen claimed in his recent interview that not all will be shown during e3 and that they‘ll save some surprises for later in the year.

Don‘t loose hope if our maniacal monarch won‘t be revealed next Tuesday, folks!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
K.Rool just made it to 3rd most wanted newcomers on the ResetEra pool:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...tendo-switch-st3-on-path-to-e3.44544/page-207

This is a surprising tie between K.Rool and Waluigi, which is kind of disappointing since I don't consider Waluigi in the same league of popularity and importance imo.
I thought K.Rool would be N°1 or 2, but hey it is still top 3.
At least we know K.Rool is probably more popular in Japan.
Waluigi's support has really grown over the years, and moreso since the pool of Mario characters not in Smash has dwindled. I consider K. Rool in good company there.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
King K. Rool just got number 1 on Sourcegaming's smash megapoll
image.jpg

Last edited:

MetroLSD

Smash Apprentice
I feel K.rool is the most requested first-party character(behind the Inklings of course) it would be a huge missed opportunity to not reveal him at E3.

AnothenBlue

Smash Cadet
That would actually be a very cool way to announce K. Rool. Y'know, with the fake out thing.
Like the Smash segment is over (or at least it looks like it's over) and for some reasons credits start rolling, then random Kremlings' names start appearing instead of actual names before the fake kredits vanish and K. Rool appears!

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I meant to be cheeky like if he isn't revealed at E3, we think it's over but during a Direct or something, BAM! K. Rool revealed!
Oh wait now I get what you ment

You were talking about this weren't you

1:30-1:55

The fake out yea that would probably how they would do it on revealing king k rool

By the way it just accured to me if relevance is a factor why did :4duckhunt::4rob::4gaw: get in then they never had a new game they got in by historical Nintendo characters not relevant

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
King K. Rool is my most wanted character (he used to be number two, but luckily Mega Man already got in). I've been telling myself that he did well in the official poll and is being saved for Smash 5, hence the Mii costume in Smash 4, but Sakurai seems so uninterested in Donkey Kong stuff that I'm really not holding my breath.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
With Ridley looking likely I don't think K. Rool will be at e3 but I think he will be in and get his trailer in a month or two alongside Dixie Kong.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Getting two DK characters in one game sounds too good to be true. If we get K. Rool, I'll completely stop expecting Dixie and vice versa.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
I feel K.rool is the most requested first-party character(behind the Inklings of course) it would be a huge missed opportunity to not reveal him at E3.
As much as I hope K. Rool is at e3 (as I absolutely think he's hype enough), I think its very possible we end up getting a dual reveal with him and Dixie over the summer, like how Lucina/Robin were. Plus with everything surrounding these recent rumors, I'm not holding my breath for an e3 reveal. Here's to hoping I'm wrong though.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Getting two DK characters in one game sounds too good to be true. If we get K. Rool, I'll completely stop expecting Dixie and vice versa.
I think we could. Dixie could be a semi-clone and in Brawl both Pokemon and Kirby got 2 newcomers (Pokemon actually kind of got 4).

MetroLSD

Smash Apprentice
I'm calling it now, ether K.Rool or Ridley will be announce this Tuesday, maybe both but definitely at least one of them will be revealed, both of them are arguably the most wanted first-party Nintendo characters in Smash and it would be a huge missed opportunely for Nintendo to not showcase at least one of them at E3 if their going to be in the game

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
King K. Rool is my most wanted character (he used to be number two, but luckily Mega Man already got in). I've been telling myself that he did well in the official poll and is being saved for Smash 5, hence the Mii costume in Smash 4, but Sakurai seems so uninterested in Donkey Kong stuff that I'm really not holding my breath.
If Smash 5 doe snot have any new DKC rep, Sakurai officially hates the serie.
Those games put to shame the Japanese devs, so they prefer to hate them rather than respecting them, that is easier than being humble and admitting that west devs can make a good job, if not better, than yours.

After all it makes sense to reveal Ridley at E3, he is more populart in the West.
They are maybe keeping K.Rool for later.

Last edited:

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
If they don't reveal him at E3, it's not over yet. We still got the whole summer for a reveal. But in regards to Smash 5, it's now or never.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
This is how I have been feeling. If the king isn't in this one, he will never be put in while Sakurai has the dev reins..

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
K. Rool is an E3 caliber reveal but that doesn't mean E3 is his only chance. He's popular enough with Smash fans that he could be the final reveal before release. He could even be a secret character ala Duck Hunt Duo.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
No K Rool in Mario vs Rabbids Donkey Kong DLC featured at ubisoft. Really unfortunate, was hoping for an appearance from him but it appears that Rabbid Kong is the antagonist.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This time tomorrow, the Kremling King some of us have waited over a decade to see in action might finally make his appearance.

Or it could be yet another goose egg for Donkey Kong and Smash.

Enjoy this in counting down the hours until we find out which scenario comes to pass:

D

Deleted member

All i can say is.........................let's hope is at our side.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
As much as I hope K. Rool is at e3 (as I absolutely think he's hype enough), I think its very possible we end up getting a dual reveal with him and Dixie over the summer, like how Lucina/Robin were. Plus with everything surrounding these recent rumors, I'm not holding my breath for an e3 reveal. Here's to hoping I'm wrong though.
I think this is super realistic. I can easily see this happening. Although I really want to see at least one of K. Rool or Dixie at E3 tomorrow.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Hopefully the King shows up tomorrow and if not then, hopefully later in the year. Either way I still feel good about his chances.. If Ridley is in this Smash I feel like there's even more of a chance for K. Rool. If he can beat the odds and get in surely the King of Kremlings can do the same.. maybe the theme of this Smash game will be "give it to them so they stop asking"

The title of the new game will be revealed as

SUPER SMASH BROS. "Here now leave me alone"

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hopefully the King shows up tomorrow and if not then, hopefully later in the year. Either way I still feel good about his chances.. If Ridley is in this Smash I feel like there's even more of a chance for K. Rool. If he can beat the odds and get in surely the King of Kremlings can do the same.. maybe the theme of this Smash game will be "give it to them so they stop asking"

The title of the new game will be revealed as

SUPER SMASH BROS. "Here now leave me alone"
If I got Ridley and K. Rool in the same Smash I probably wouldn’t ask him for anything ever again.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If I got Ridley and K. Rool in the same Smash I probably wouldn’t ask him for anything ever again.
If he's right about Ridley and get king k rool on the same day

Pretty gosh darn close to not having to ask for any Moreno character sincethese two are enlarged the last ones

Top Bottom