• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Did this happen with Toad when the Mario Amiibos were announced? It could just be an error since most amiibo do work with Smash.

I won't be upset if he gets in, but still. K. Rool first, Nintendo, geeze.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Did this happen with Toad when the Mario Amiibos were announced? It could just be an error since most amiibo do work with Smash.

I won't be upset if he gets in, but still. K. Rool first, Nintendo, geeze.
The Chibi-Robo amiibo had this exact issue like litterally only a day or two ago and they fixed it.
People, chill your coconuts.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
WHAT THE?!?!?!?!

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/games/detail/HPp-wrUaZHOKvK_GzCJ9eDkIom6x_TEA

LOOK WHOS AFTER FALCO?!?!?

They'res something wrong here.
I'm not too concerned about it. Like some people have pointed out, it's just a silly error that popped up on the amiibo website. Regardless, I still don't believe its Shovel Knight's time yet anyway; i'd wait till Smash 5 before they add him in. By then, I would agree he deserves a spot in the game (Shantae should be the indie rep for this Smash anyway, in all honesty). But enough of that stuff.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
This is Nintendo of America's Amiibo site. It's frequently riddled with random errors like this, such as claiming that the Amiibo Cards wouldn't work with Amiibo Tap, or that the Anniversary Mario Amiibo was only compatible with Super Mario Maker.
I'm not too concerned about it. Like some people have pointed out, it's just a silly error that popped up on the amiibo website. Regardless, I still don't believe its Shovel Knight's time yet anyway; i'd wait till Smash 5 before they add him in. By then, I would agree he deserves a spot in the game (Shantae should be the indie rep for this Smash anyway, in all honesty). But enough of that stuff.
Error it is

It makes sense

Looks like the link won't work.
It works for me, I'm able to click into it and there is a description about Shovel Knight.

This might be a silly question, but what is the big deal with SK and the amiibo and how is it an error?

My DKC order:

1. DKC2
2. DKC TF
3. DKC3
4. DKC
5. Returns

DKC2 and TF are both amazing, but I have to give the points to the original, we all know how fantastic it is.

DKC3 is my sentimental favourite, there are some things wrong with the game, but I love the Overworld, the trading aspect of the game, the quirky levels and the Lost World. It mixed things up a bit even though there are some flaws.

DKC and Returns aren't bad, theyre both great but I feel that DKC2 and TF were vast improvements.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
On a different note, Mewtwo comes before Falco? Jeez, why do they hate Falco so much? He's so late to this party.

Burruni

Smash Hero
It works for me, I'm able to click into it and there is a description about Shovel Knight.

This might be a silly question, but what is the big deal with SK and the amiibo and how is it an error?
"ERMAGERD, THE SMASH BROS PAGE ON NINTENDO'S WEBSITE SAYS SHOVEL KNIGHT'S AMIIBO WORKS WITH IT. SHOVEL KNIGHT CUNFURMD."

Meanwhile a number of other, non-compatable, amiibos are present and not even all the released amiibos for fighters are present.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

My DKC order:

1. DKC2
2. DKC TF
3. DKC3
4. DKC
5. Returns

DKC2 and TF are both amazing, but I have to give the points to the original, we all know how fantastic it is.

DKC3 is my sentimental favourite, there are some things wrong with the game, but I love the Overworld, the trading aspect of the game, the quirky levels and the Lost World. It mixed things up a bit even though there are some flaws.

DKC and Returns aren't bad, theyre both great but I feel that DKC2 and TF were vast improvements.
The only thing DKC2 improved on to me were the bosses, other then that I still prefer the original more. I do agree about TF though, thought it was better than DKCR.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
"ERMAGERD, THE SMASH BROS PAGE ON NINTENDO'S WEBSITE SAYS SHOVEL KNIGHT'S AMIIBO WORKS WITH IT. SHOVEL KNIGHT CUNFURMD."

Meanwhile a number of other, non-compatable, amiibos are present and not even all the released amiibos for fighters are present.
Actually, the only non-compatible Amiibo shown there is the Shovel Knight one. I'm using a Super Mario Series Luigi, a Pink Yarn Yoshi, and an Anniversary Mario with Smash right now - as long as a game supports a character, any Amiibo of that character will work, regardless of series. Feel free to collect and use eclectic ones with abandon! ;)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Also, in regards to the west, Mario Tennis is due for a major info dump since we haven't heard about it from E3, which makes me think it's possible it could be tied into a ballot character because one of the biggest things they have to show off is a bunch of new Roster members, K.Rool perhaps? Also more info on Amiibo crossing as well
Not only Mario Tennis but Amiibo Festival have barely gotten any info, and both are releasing in November.

...oh, yeah, you said that, I just totally missed it. Speaking of Amiibo I can also see next year's Amiibo lines get announced, with possibly the Smash Amiibo and maybe a Zelda line in time for Hyrule Warriors Legends (the Pokemon one will launch with Pokken Tournament).

Its an error because only the US site shows him as compatible for Smash, and the compatibility listings are messed up for numerous Amiibo, not just Shovel Knight. I recall some sort of flight simulator game listed Zero Suit Samus even though she wasn't compatible (some Amiibo unlock patterns on planes in that game).

Actually, the only non-compatible Amiibo shown there is the Shovel Knight one. I'm using a Super Mario Series Luigi, a Pink Yarn Yoshi, and an Anniversary Mario with Smash right now - as long as a game supports a character, any Amiibo of that character will work, regardless of series. Feel free to collect and use eclectic ones with abandon! ;)
May be true, but there are other errors in the compatibility listings, plus SK is only listed for Smash on the NA/US site.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I ACTUALLY didn't know that.
Thanks for the knowledge.

D

Deleted member

Putting my thoughts on the video on a spoiler tag for personal reasons.

Sorry to say this, but i dind't enjoy the video at all.

Im getting real sick of all these goddamn "dark" and "disturbing" theories that people just adore to make.

Seriously, some people need to stop making these things. I apologize in advance if i sound rude, but i really hate these stupid theories.

At least it's not the overused "X CHARACTER IS IN A COMMA/HALLUCINATION 1111!!!!11" stuff, but still.

Last edited by a moderator:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I mean you guys stop and think for just a moment, out of 4 dlc characters so far, we've had no first party newcomers in general, and only one newcomer period. With the period of time that has passed we're due in for a few, and which do you think would fulfill fan service, characters with ton of fan support that have been overlooked in the past due to a perceived lack of demand and relevancy, or heck, third party period, let alone non-icons(most of which are already in game). Do you really think DLC would pass us by without several first party characters? Sakurai makes interesting choices, but I doubt he would pass on any first party characters. So don't worry about our king!

D

Deleted member

For all of you out there watching this thread, i have a question for you:
¿Do you think that Smash 4 DLC will end this year?

¿Do you think there's a chance that the DLC might last until 2016?

¿If so, how much it would last in your eyes?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I ACTUALLY didn't know that.
Thanks for the knowledge.
No problem! :grin: It's actually one of my favorite things about Nintendo's implementation of this type of product (and I was very thankful for it when I wanted to add Luigi to my collection, since I think that the Smash version looks ridiculous :laugh:).

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm still in the camp that we shouldn't count SK or Shantae out. We joked that Rool would never be a Mii costume, and look what happened. I've learned from the vanilla speculation period that nothing is impossible.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
We joked that Rool would never be a Mii costume, and look what happened.
I don't recall ever seeing that, so I'm genuinely curious as to when this occurred.

All I remember is people saying how K. Rool had it in the bag and we could relax, which some of us suggested was perhaps a bit complacent, about three days before King K. Ostume showed up.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
I'm still in the camp that we shouldn't count SK or Shantae out. We joked that Rool would never be a Mii costume, and look what happened. I've learned from the vanilla speculation period that nothing is impossible.
^ THIS. Also, guys, remember that we come from a time where Chrom was regarded as 'SHO-IN', or that the 'Chorus Boys WILL be in the game, so obvious...'.

AND MY FAVORITE: 'Dark Pit appeared on the last moments of Palutena's trailer and we didn't see any gameplay, he's decomfirmed...! Crisis Averted, LOL...!'

And if you add what I like to call what adds to all of this action-reaction-speculation process, the element of surprise, or more like the SAKURAI EFFECT. A dose of that can be fatal to theories-hypotetics-absolutes of discussions. I mean, does this face look like Merciful? and all of that jazz... :yeahboi:

:bowser:

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Shantae at least has history and a relationship with Nintendo, and actually has a small fanbase in Japan already, with one of her games releasing there in a month or so, and has been around long enough that the well traveled Sakurai could have had played any of her 3 games the first of which came back in 2002. She would make sense as an Indie rep, but I still question the validity of an indie rep happening.
But yeah wait and see, though chances are extremely high that the next character is going to be a first party newcomer at least

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I made a random little pencil sketch of my two top picks, K. Rool and Bandana Waddle Dee, and I figured I'd share it.

I'm not going to do anything else with it, it just popped into my head and I wanted to draw it. I haven't properly drawn K. Rool in many a year, so at least that's something. :p

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
Chibi Robo being in Smash is what I see as Nintendo's last ditch effort (plus ziplash) to bring back his series. (If le leak is true.)
Can you elaborate? I actually have no idea who that is. What makes them a reliable source, if I may ask?
He's basically a Splatoon Data miner who has predicted and shown several important pieces of information relating to splatoon, including unreleased content. You may ask, why does this splatoon hacker relate to smash? Well, in all honesty, nothing. I just find him to be a very reliable source in telling us information early. Sorry for lack of clarification.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Chibi Robi being in Smash is what I see as Nintendo's last ditch effort (plus ziplash) to bring back his series. (If le leak is true.)

He's basically a Splatoon Data miner who has predicted and shown several important pieces of information relating to splatoon, including unreleased content. You may ask, why does this splatoon hacker relate to smash? Well, in all honesty, nothing. I just find him to be a very reliable source in telling us information early. Sorry for lack of clarification.
In Smash? lolwut? What has anything been stated about Chibi Robo in Smash?

As for the Splatoon hacker being related to Smash, its indirectly in a way, since part of that was a rumored Nintendo Direct. And a Nintendo Direct at this point would announce a new character.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
In Smash? lolwut? What has anything been stated about Chibi Robo in Smash?

As for the Splatoon hacker being related to Smash, its indirectly in a way, since part of that was a rumored Nintendo Direct. And a Nintendo Direct at this point would announce a new character.
On the amiibo website, it puts the Chibi Robo amiibo as a being compatible with SSB4.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
On the amiibo website, it puts the Chibi Robo amiibo as a being compatible with SSB4.
Yeah, numerous listings on the compatibility is incorrect. It said that Zero Suit Samus was compatible with Ducktales Remastered.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
the more i hear about shovel face, the more depressed i get. Seriously Nintendo at least make him one of the ballot winners. Its torture for the people that have been fighting for him for years... :/

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
the more i hear about shovel face, the more depressed i get. Seriously Nintendo at least make him one of the ballot winners. Its torture for the people that have been fighting for him for years... :/
The way you posted makes it seem like people have been fighting for Shovel Knight for years... :p

Yeah, numerous listings on the compatibility is incorrect. It said that Zero Suit Samus was compatible with Ducktales Remastered.
That would have been interesting, I'll admit.

:231:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
You know, all these charts are nice and all. But you can't ever escape having some bias and attempting to predi...

...is that... Ray MKII?... ok, I'll let you go by sport. Keep up the good work.
P.S. Even I can admit Banjo-Kazooie is G-tier.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So... how would you react to K. Rool being in Mario Tennis?
If K. Rool gets into Smash I'd really like to see him in both Mario Tennis and M&S Olympics, too. Hell, if he's in Mario Tennis I'll buy the game. (M&S Olympics I'm already buying anyway.)

Top Bottom