• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

D

Deleted member

That's only for Street Fighter.
IT WAS A TUESDAY
"You must defeat Sheng Dong to stand a chance"
"Go home and be a Kutthroat"

Quotes from the upcoming killer app Donkey Kong Fighter V Ultra Hyper Edition & Knuckes. Pre-ordered edition includes Beard costume for DK.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Does Nintendo announce Directs a few days beforehand or is it a surprise?
It varies. Most often they announce it the day before, sometimes the night before. One time they even released a "Mini" Direct with no warning, though there was a Japanese only Direct that came a couple days prior. And it was right before E3, so that's not likely to happen.

D

Deleted member

So guys, i think it's time for more questions, for old time sake:

1-Has there ever been a moment in which you wanted to give up on supporting K.Rool?
2-Are you going to make a "I was wrong" thread on the K.Rool subforums?
3-What is your favorite and least favorite Kremling?
4-Is K.Rool your favorite Nintendo Villain? or even your favorite Nintendo character?
5-Was there anyone who convinced you about supporting K.Rool? or did you started supporting K.Rool on your own?
6-If K.Rool makes it into Smash, do you think he would become a mainstay for the rest of the series?
7-Do you hate me?
8-Some of you may know this, but once Smash 4 speculation ends, i will leave these boards. When that happens, will you guys miss me? or you will be happy that someone as worthless and pathetic as me is finally gone?

1. Give up support? No. Give up hope? Yes.
2. Why the Hell would I?
3. Don't really have favorites or least favorites.
4. No on both accounts. When it comes to villains, Bowser's got him beat in my eyes. Favorite Nintendo character in general, even Bowser's beat out by the WAA Bros.
5. I've supported K. Rool on my own accord.
6. Tough to say. I mean really tough to say.
7. Have you given me a reason to hate you? If not, I probably don't.
8. I don't really know you that much, so it honestly won't really bother me. Not that I would be happy to see you leave, just that I don't really care either way.

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
That aside, I've been playing Shovel Knight, and damn, this is a really great game. Starting to not be opposed to the choice, and actually a fan.
Realtalk? Plague of Shadows made me want Plague Knight even more than Shovel Knight. Never gonna happen in that order, but I can dream.

Croc fact of the day: the reason crocodilians' eyes shine at night when hit with a light source is crystals in the tapetum lucidum, a layer in their eyes just behind the retina. The biological eyedea (hue) is that whatever small amount of light is present in the environment can be reflected back out to aid vision. Many nocturnal vertebrates have tapetum lucidums, including cats, raccoons, and any more. It does make for some great pictures, though.

Edit: fact should be complete now. Accidentally hit post early, heh.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Realtalk? Plague of Shadows made me want Plague Knight even more than Shovel Knight. Never gonna happen in that order, but I can dream.

Croc fact of the day: the reason crocodilians' eyes shine at night when hit with a light source is crystals in the tapetum lucidum, a layer in their eyes just behind the retina. The biological eyedea (hue) is that whatever small amount of light is present in the environment can be reflected b
Plague is more complex character in gameplay and personality. 100% agreeing.

And those croc facts of the day are still as awesome.:)

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I forget who asked about why I have grown to prefer K. Rool over Bowser, but it's basically because of the Villain Decay he experienced during the last few years. K. Rool's diversity in boss fights and mannerisms stands out all the more when every single time, Bowser has some combination of bridge fighting and growing huge for a chase level. All the while, he shows no more personality than a doornail, which is disappointing when he's positively brimming with it in the RPGs. I love the character, hence my username being inspired by the guy, but EAD insisting that "Bowser will always kidnap Peach in Mario games" has made him just dull to me now. If he started taking up different roles or even having better plots, this would change.

Now I'm imagining K. Rool having a glowing bloodshot eye in the middle of some nighttime boss fight.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
I guess i'm out of the loop- what makes people think there will be a direct then?
Honestly, I can't give you a source. I've just read this rumor here and on r/smashbros.

Edit: Found the source:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Well... This news should interest you Kutthroats. A reliable dataminer on twitter says that a Splatoon update will happen on the 16th of October, and that a direct will happen two days before that. Do with that what you will.

Last edited:

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
...I haven't posted any remixes in ages, have I? Well, here's one from the best classic DKC and one from the best modern DKC.

Actually, while I'm here, lemme take a survey: what's your favorite Donkey Kong game? Anything from the DK arcade game to Diddy Kong Racing to DK jungle beat (though I personally despised every bit of that one) is fair game (rimshot). Tropical Freeze is my personal all-time favorite, finally displacing longtime uncontested champ Diddy's Kong Quest.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I forget who asked about why I have grown to prefer K. Rool over Bowser, but it's basically because of the Villain Decay he experienced during the last few years. K. Rool's diversity in boss fights and mannerisms stands out all the more when every single time, Bowser has some combination of bridge fighting and growing huge for a chase level. All the while, he shows no more personality than a doornail, which is disappointing when he's positively brimming with it in the RPGs. I love the character, hence my username being inspired by the guy, but EAD insisting that "Bowser will always kidnap Peach in Mario games" has made him just dull to me now. If he started taking up different roles or even having better plots, this would change.

Now I'm imagining K. Rool having a glowing bloodshot eye in the middle of some nighttime boss fight.
Better idea, mid-game 3D boss-fight, in the silhouetted style from DKCTF, with K.Rool's Eye, Crown and Cape being illuminated

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

Unfortantley it's true though you do have to give him credit for kidnapping the sprites instead of Peach in Super Mario 3-D World as well as you vs Cat him in the final battle on the tower. I agree though, I never cared much for him in the RPG's except for maybe Super Mario RPG and Bowser's Inside Story, still love the big guy though.

That'd be perfect for his final showdown, it'd be like ok the kremlings are back but where's their leader K. Rool? Well, you find out right then once you get to the last world.

That is amazing!

Has a Jungle Book/I Wanna Be Like You vibe to it when it kicks in.
I got more of a George Of The Jungle cartoon vibe from it which I agree is still pretty good.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
If King K. Rool really is married. Then I wonder what his wife looks like?

Burruni

Smash Hero
If King K. Rool really is married. Then I wonder what his wife looks like?
> Insert image of Argonian Female who doesn't have mammary glands that could produce enough milk to start a personal FroYo store here <

Edit: I tried. Google image search didn't give me a good picture.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
(Quickie idea I came up with after watching Freakazoid episodes)

"They called me mad! Insane! BOWSER CLONE! They barred me from the newest Donkey Kong Country games until I had no choice but to flee to Smash Bros. to appear again. Well who's crazy now? Hmmmm? WHO'S MAD NOW? HMMMMMMMMMM?"

(Also, no comment on the weird crocodile lady with boobs).

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord

I was the one who asked, thanks for answering but don't forget who asks you stuff next time plz

I can see where you're coming from, though I don't have this problem since I consider Bowser in the main games and Bowser in spin-offs like Paper Mario to be separate canon forms. I love the latter more but I'm starting to like main series Bowser even better these days because he's been a joy in recent titles. In Super Mario 3D World not only did he kidnap something other than Peach, but he's fought much more differently there than in any other Mario games, with his 2 badass car fights and his multiplying cat fight at the end of the game. He's a great boss in both of the Super Mario Galaxy games, too. I can only hope Nintendo starts a trend of Bowser not kidnapping Peach and doing something different, though. I liked it in 3D World and I want it to keep going.

I understand the whole "either he's chasing you, he's big, or both" being his schtick can be tiresome at least, though I still find it fun.

Incidentally, I beat Donkey Kong 64 tonight, 101%. It was a nightmare going to full completion (F*CK YOU BEAVER BOTHER) but I did it and beat King Krusha K. Rool. He was freaking hard, especially at Tiny's and Chunky's segments--the former was hard because the toes shifted way too quick for me and kept losing too much health, and the latter because I didn't know I had to use Chunky's Primate Punch and kept regular punching, and losing countless times as a result until I figured it out. I powered through, though, because the nature of the whole fight was hilarious and creative. It's not too often you goad the final boss into charging at you with his face covered with troll-y trombone music before he slips on a giant banana peel.

I hope Bowser gets more creative and interesting boss fights like King Krusha.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Croc fact of the day: the reason crocodilians' eyes shine at night when hit with a light source is crystals in the tapetum lucidum, a layer in their eyes just behind the retina. The biological eyedea (hue) is that whatever small amount of light is present in the environment can be reflected back out to aid vision. Many nocturnal vertebrates have tapetum lucidums, including cats, raccoons, and any more. It does make for some great pictures, though.

Edit: fact should be complete now. Accidentally hit post early, heh.
I feel this should definitely be included in K. Rool's future's design. In a boss fight, particularly.

:231:

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
...I haven't posted any remixes in ages, have I? Well, here's one from the best classic DKC and one from the best modern DKC.

Actually, while I'm here, lemme take a survey: what's your favorite Donkey Kong game? Anything from the DK arcade game to Diddy Kong Racing to DK jungle beat (though I personally despised every bit of that one) is fair game (rimshot). Tropical Freeze is my personal all-time favorite, finally displacing longtime uncontested champ Diddy's Kong Quest.
Hmm, it's gotta be either Tropical Freeze or DKC 1.

Tom the Scrublord

Smash Cadet
Here's a final draft of a 'DLC likelihood' tier list. Considered the input on the list yesterday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List assumptions (i.e. not necessarily true):

- Ice Climbers, the unaltered veteran character, are a technical impossibility.
- Snake complications are insurmountable.
- There exists the possibility of character DLC unrelated to the fighter ballot.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S) A relevant veteran who places well in ballot polls.

A) King K. Rool historically #1 or #2 most requested newcomer behind Ridley. Inkling places well in ballot polls, is a popular new IP, and tbh if not in smash 4 will be in smash 5.

B) Isaac historically top 5 most requested newcomer. Isaac holds the same character potential as K. Rool, however the King seems to place slightly higher in polls. Bandana Dee garners a good amount of support internationally.

C) Dixie Kong is another top 5 most requested character historically but is typically next in line to K. Rool. Krystal is in the Dixie Kong boat, behind Wolf. Krystal could be in over Wolf, but it'd be an upset.

D) Shovel Knight or Shantae the obligatory indie characters. Cult popularity in some regions, indifference in others. Some don't like the idea of indie reps 'taking first party spots'. Chorus Men don't hold presence in ballot polls but were rumored to be in early stages of Smash 4 development. Paper Mario has many supporters and character potential, however some people don't like the idea of a third Mario. Impa gained an edge on Groose as the Zelda newcomer with the release of Hyrule Warriors, but still doesn't hold much star power. Nintendo's been pushing Chibi-Robo with an amiibo and advertisement, but would be an upset to other characters. Wonder Red had strong support at the release of Wonderful 101, but died down in popularity.

E) Third party tier. While not lacking support, Nintendo has less incentive to include these characters. Consider them Nintendo's stepchildren.
Now this. Is perfect

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
> Insert image of Argonian Female who doesn't have mammary glands that could produce enough milk to start a personal FroYo store here <

Edit: I tried. Google image search didn't give me a good picture.
I've seen some Skyrim mods that would make ya weep...

Also, FalKoopa FalKoopa and other mods. Would I be infringing on the rules if I were to post a link to my Redbubble K. Rool poster/product?
(I bought the poster to test it out and commemorate my "achievement" and it looks lovely. Very nice size (418mm x 548mm) and good quality. I wanted to be sure it was decent before I announced anything. No pictures yet. Want to get it framed.)

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Here's a final draft of a 'DLC likelihood' tier list. Considered the input on the list yesterday.

- There exists the possibility of character DLC unrelated to the fighter ballot.

A) King K. Rool historically #1 or #2 most requested newcomer behind Ridley. Inkling places well in ballot polls, is a popular new IP, and tbh if not in smash 4 will be in smash 5.

B) Isaac historically top 5 most requested newcomer. Isaac holds the same character potential as K. Rool, however the King seems to place slightly higher in polls. Bandana Dee garners a good amount of support internationally.

C) Dixie Kong is another top 5 most requested character historically but is typically next in line to K. Rool. Krystal is in the Dixie Kong boat, behind Wolf. Krystal could be in over Wolf, but it'd be an upset.

D) Shovel Knight or Shantae the obligatory indie characters. Cult popularity in some regions, indifference in others. Some don't like the idea of indie reps 'taking first party spots'. Chorus Men don't hold presence in ballot polls but were rumored to be in early stages of Smash 4 development. Paper Mario has many supporters and character potential, however some people don't like the idea of a third Mario. Impa gained an edge on Groose as the Zelda newcomer with the release of Hyrule Warriors, but still doesn't hold much star power. Nintendo's been pushing Chibi-Robo with an amiibo and advertisement, but would be an upset to other characters. Wonder Red had strong support at the release of Wonderful 101, but died down in popularity.

E) Third party tier. While not lacking support, Nintendo has less incentive to include these characters. Consider them Nintendo's stepchildren.
(Sorry for doublepost)

BINGO

thats the list thats the perfect teir list

Last edited:

I'd personally add Captain Toad to E or D and move Banjo to F, but otherwise it's perfect.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Miyamoto's edict that the Mario cast are "just actors playing roles" doesn't help this, either - that's when the situation with Bowser started going downhill, if you ask me. :c

My favourite remains Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest. A close second is Donkey Kong Land.

Last edited:

Arklos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arklos
3DS FC
5455-9619-1086
Probably Tropical Freeze, if only because I could play as Cranky, If it had the Kremlings instead of the Snowmads it would've been perfect. Close second would be DKC 3, with 2 and 1 close behind that.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace

Kinda wish we had a First party female from an older unrepresented franchise, or heck essentially un-repped franchise, though admittedly only to 2 I can think of sadly don't have the strongest fan bases though I support both Captain Syrup(who of course being from WarioLand series is essentially from a nearly complete un-repped series) and Sami from advance wars

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
To be fair, it's more dependent on the amount of votes. In this case, the indies managed to get more votes, surprisingly
Firstly, I sincerely doubt that Shantae or Shovel Knight will get more votes than Rayman.
Secondly, even if they did, there's still no precedant of Sakurai adding peasant third party characters in Smash.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I'm incredibly certain that King K. Rool, Wolf, and Snake have quite a lot of votes going for them. That being said, I still expect Shovel Knight and Inklings crash into Smash at one point or another.

Last edited:
Miyamoto's edict that the Mario cast are "just actors playing roles" doesn't help this, either - that's when the situation with Bowser started going downhill, if you ask me. :c
Agreed. Bowser becomes better in each Mario & Luigi game, while in main series and Paper Mario he has been going downhill, which is disappointing, as he is my favorite Mario character and Nintendo villain.

Then again, several Mario sub-series (mainly 2D platformers, Paper Mario and Mario Party) are also going downhill.....

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I'm incredibly certain that King K. Rool, Wolf, and Snake have quite a lot of votes going for them. That being said, I still expect Shovel Knight and Inklings crash into Smash at one point or another.
Inklings yes, they are essentially confirmed as Smash 5 newcomers, Shovel Knight however is definitely not on the same level, he has some fan support and one game that's considered good. Let him exist for more than a year, and have successful sequels and let Yacht Club establish an actual relationship with Nintendo before even calling him likely

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Inklings yes, they are essentially confirmed as Smash 5 newcomers, Shovel Knight however is definitely not on the same level, he has some fan support and one game that's considered good. Let him exist for more than a year, and have successful sequels and let Yacht Club establish an actual relationship with Nintendo before even calling him likely
Well isn't an amiibo an actual relationship? Plus Plague of Shadow is pretty much its own game (and it's good). But yeah, they definitly aren't on the same level. (and Plague Knight is the better knight)

Last edited:
Top Bottom