• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
We should definitely tweet in mass again when you complete the picture of K. Rool taking a selfie with the Smash girls. Something on the lines of "Make it a reality! @SoraSakurai, @NintendoAmerica".
Ho, boy... that would be something. ;)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
We should definitely tweet in mass again when you complete the picture of K. Rool taking a selfie with the Smash girls. Something on the lines of "Make it a reality! @SoraSakurai, @NintendoAmerica".
That would be nothing short of hilarious - artwork like that truly is a universal language. :laugh:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
So guys, i think it's time for more questions, for old time sake:

1-Has there ever been a moment in which you wanted to give up on supporting K.Rool?
2-Are you going to make a "I was wrong" thread on the K.Rool subforums?
3-What is your favorite and least favorite Kremling?
4-Is K.Rool your favorite Nintendo Villain? or even your favorite Nintendo character?
5-Was there anyone who convinced you about supporting K.Rool? or did you started supporting K.Rool on your own?
6-If K.Rool makes it into Smash, do you think he would become a mainstay for the rest of the series?
7-Do you hate me?
8-Some of you may know this, but once Smash 4 speculation ends, i will leave these boards. When that happens, will you guys miss me? or you will be happy that someone as worthless and pathetic as me is finally gone?
1. Nurp (that means No)
2. Nurp
3. I like them all really
4. He's a close second after Bowser.
5. Pretty much on my own
6. I would think/hope so being how he's a true nintendo all star
7. Yup, shame on you lol jk.
8. Does somebody need a nice kremling hug?

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Someone might've posted this a long time ago but I thought I'd post it again just because of how amusing I think it is. :)

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
I'm a bit late to say this, but thanks to everyone who told me what was going on about why there were so many guests. There were alot who responded, so I'm sorry I didn't get the names down.

Ignore this
Sorry, I can't.;)

No, it's Nintendo's fault since Smash basically dictates how many games are going to be handled

K.Rool's lack of presence in Brawl was the reason he wasn't in Returns/Tropical Freeze and why Diddy is forever glued to his peanut popguns and rocketbarrel. It's also why many idiots view the DK franchise as C-tier despite being Nintendo's second oldest franchise, its oldest continuing franchise, and its fourth highest selling franchise.

A good number of Fire Emblem Awakening Xenologue characters did have a major presence in Smash (Roy, Ike, Lyn) Despite most of their games being lackluster to he series' target audiences

Kid Icarus's revival is totally because of Brawl. And it's probably more popular than it would have been if Smash's creator wasn't the director of it

Shiek was going to be in Twilight Princess probably due to Melee making the spoiler "It was His Sled"

It's also why Nintendo "fans" complain about the lack of IPs Nintendo have despite Nintendo having 30+ of them

And there's the glaring implication that Nintendo is basically forcing Sakurai to keep making Smash Bros.

Face it, the fans HAVE to be rabid so their favorite franchise won't fall off the radar.
Great explanation, you hit many valid points.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, I read pages 1181-1186 and I got to say, I am ashamed in this thread. It was easily the most depressing and lowest point I have ever seen this thread in. You guys were so off topic it wasn't even funny, like the discussion of killing Sakurai and Ridley. Eve some of the people I respect alot like BKupa666 BKupa666 were acting weird and rude. This was what I expect from 4chan or gamefaqs, not the kutthroats.

If you guys want to have K. Rool in smash, then you have to act like you normally do. K. Rool's future rests in our hands, and we are not letting it die.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'm a bit late to say this, but thanks to everyone who told me what was going on about why there were so many guests. There were alot who responded, so I'm sorry I didn't get the names down.

Sorry, I can't.;)

Great explanation, you hit many valid points.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, I read pages 1181-1186 and I got to say, I am ashamed in this thread. It was easily the most depressing and lowest point I have ever seen this thread in. You guys were so off topic it wasn't even funny, like the discussion of killing Sakurai and Ridley. Eve some of the people I respect alot like BKupa666 BKupa666 were acting weird and rude. This was what I expect from 4chan or gamefaqs, not the kutthroats.

If you guys want to have K. Rool in smash, then you have to act like you normally do. K. Rool's future rests in our hands, and we are not letting it die.
They did make some good points though.

Anyway what's happened already is in the past let's just continue supporting K. Rool.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman

I can't attest for what happened back in those pages (I couldn't make head for foot but it's probably for the best, when things get chaotic I keep my head down so low I may as well not even be there) but at the end of the day all I can say is;
A: We're only human (Especially in regard to BKupa666's potential behaviour*. He's a very decent guy who I respect immensely.),
and B: The Kutthroats are not a hive-mind. A few bad apples isn't going to spoil the batch.

*I wasn't paying to attention what was said or wasn't said. Feathers got ruffled, that's all I know for sure.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I can't attest for what happened back in those pages (I couldn't make head for foot but it's probably for the best, when things get chaotic I keep my head down so low I may as well not even be there) but at the end of the day all I can say is;
A: We're only human (Especially in regard to BKupa666's potential behaviour*. He's a very decent guy who I respect immensely.),
and B: The Kutthroats are not a hive-mind. A few bad apples isn't going to spoil the batch.

*I wasn't paying to attention what was said or wasn't said. Feathers got ruffled, that's all I know for sure.
Better to be ruffled then plucked.

Last edited:

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
"Overall site activity and activity on my boards." Basically, I focused too much effort on too few threads. I can regain mod powers back if I begin contributing more.
Yesterday at 4:47 PM

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, basically, he's not been doing a whole lot recently and has mostly been in this thread. If K. Rool is confirmed he can probably become a mod again, since then he'd have at least an entire subforum to moderate. Not a biggie, though, he's done a fine job around here.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

1-Has there ever been a moment in which you wanted to give up on supporting K.Rool?
4-Is K.Rool your favorite Nintendo Villain? or even your favorite Nintendo character?
5-Was there anyone who convinced you about supporting K.Rool? or did you started supporting K.Rool on your own?
6-If K.Rool makes it into Smash, do you think he would become a mainstay for the rest of the series?
7-Do you hate me?
8-Some of you may know this, but once Smash 4 speculation ends, i will leave these boards. When that happens, will you guys miss me? or you will be happy that someone as worthless and pathetic as me is finally gone?
A bit late here, but I might as well do this anyway:

1-There might of been several moments, but that's about it, really. We've had a huge kampaign for the King, so I never really doubted the support for him.
2-Not anytime soon. :p
3-Eh, I'd have to say Krook. They have pirate hooks for claws! Also, I don't really have a least favorite Kremling; each one has a distinct personality that makes me not hate any of them.
4-In a way, I'd say King Dedede is my favorite video game villain (mainly an anti-hero, but he is technically the villain of the first few games), with Bowser being a close second, but K. Rool would be my third favorite villain. :3
5-I started supporting him on my own after seeing this thread and some game-play of him. He's a perfect candidate for this game. It must happen, Sakurai!
6-I believe he will. He's had such an impact on the DKC series, one of the best platformers of all time. If he got in and wasn't in the next game, I would be so bewildered.
7-Of course not. :p
8-It will be sad that you will be departing. Regardless, we won't forget you, so don't worry.

Last edited:

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
BKupa666 BKupa666 I'm sorry to hear about how you are not a mod. I sounded negative about you earlier, but that is only because I respect you alot. I don't want to get off topic here, but I really hope that you become a moderator again soon.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman

A. The ballot is over and done with. Whatever happens in this little corner of the internet isn't going to make mujch, if any different on K. Rools 's chances at this rate. Twitter and the like seem like the more important venues for getting Nintendo's attention, and we all know what a nuthouse that place can be.
B. Nobody endorses killing Sakurai. Nobody sane, anyway People were talking about the propensity of lunatics to make death threats when things don't go their way, not supporting it. Heck, I'm fed up with the guy, personally, but that's still going too far.
C. What's wrong with Ridley? He and K. Rool go way back.
D. A lot of the discussion was about the ballot and character chances in general, which, seeing as how K. Rool is on those lists, seems perfectly on topic to me.
E. Like Bellboy said, we're not perfect, and just because there are some krazies in our ranks doesn't mean we're skum now. There have always been krazies.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
BKupa666 BKupa666 I'm sorry to hear about how you are not a mod. I sounded negative about you earlier, but that is only because I respect you alot. I don't want to get off topic here, but I really hope that you become a moderator again soon.
Yeah, sorry I acted a little short the other day as well. I am really not a fan of when people dangle information or continually mention that they are "in-the-know" like, as one GameFAQs poster put it, schoolchildren taunting "I know something that yooooou don't!" I will keep more of a lid on my distaste, though, so as to not help derail anything in here in these coming weeks.

My demodding did not have anything to do with this, though. A few others got demodded as well; in a relatively calm period where there's no news, the need to keep as many people onboard as mods goes down. It's not a huge deal; if I stick around, I'll make the effort to get the role back, and if not, then this would have had to happen eventually anyway.

Of course, I'm still going to be vigilant in this thread; just because I can't hand out warnings and infractions myself anymore doesn't mean I won't instantly report anyone talking about "killing Sakurai over Ridley" (what the hell? didn't notice that, but that is NOT okay). We're here to focus on our King up until we can't do so anymore.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
You know, guys... I theorize we'll get Smash news AFTER that Yokai-Watch event ends on Sunday, and since Monday/Tuesday ARE primary update days, it seems very plausible for this true. If we include that rumor, then the chances are even better. At best, I'd assume Nintendo will tease an upcoming direct or drop a model hint of the next character.

Last edited:

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
You know, guys... I theorize we'll get Smash news AFTER that Yokai-Watch event ends on Sunday, and since Monday/Tuesday ARE primary update days, it seems very plausible for this true. If we include that rumor, then the chances are even better. At best, I'd assume Nintendo will tease an upcoming direct or drop a model hint of the next character.
A bit too optimistic, you'll probably be looking at around 1-2 months before we'll get any updates.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yo-Kai watch event? What's happening?

That aside, I've been playing Shovel Knight, and damn, this is a really great game. Starting to not be opposed to the choice, and actually a fan.

(Though they open dangerous floodgates if they ever actually add an Indie character. Although that said, we already got a trophy, and Nintendo liked a close relationship with its Indie devs.)

Certainly not over the likes of K. Rool or Wolf, though.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
A bit too optimistic, you'll probably be looking at around 1-2 months before we'll get any updates.
I gotta say; that's a bit too extreme. 1-2 Months would be too much for us after having waited at least 4+ months as of now. Still, like the guy above me, it really depends on how you define "any".

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, the rumor was a Direct on the 14th. Maybe there was actually evidence of it being the case.

I don't think its optimistic at all. We're going to get info soon, and they definitely won't wait THAT long. They've been putting out updates still every 1-1.5 months, and they'll keep doing it. They can't keep doing it without releasing characters for very long, though, they need something to hype up the additional content, and there's evidence characters have been in development a lot longer.

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice

7-Do you hate me?

1) Nope

2) Wrong about what? I’m never wrong. NEVER!

3) Klump and Krusha (and by extension Kannon and Kruncha since I believe they’re the same Kremlings). Cartoon aside, they are cool looking and goofy as well as make for funny right hand men for King. I don’t have a least favorite Kremling, they’re also so cool and varied.

4) He’s actually one of my all-time favorite villains right up there with the likes of Bowser. It didn’t take until he was gone for a really long time for me to miss him and seeing him ignored made me realize just how much he brought to the table compared to everyone else.

5) Nope. Wanted him like crazy when the Snomads were revealed in 2013. I remember making miiverse posts, blog posts and digging around the net for any type of info on the croc and, well, here I am now.

6) Without a doubt I suppose, then again it’s Nintendo we’re dealing with.

7) Nope

8) I’ll miss the people I come to know here. But I want off this hype train soon once K. Rool’s gets in.

Top Bottom