• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hey, in case anyone is looking for a new avatar of everyone's favorite "fat, ugly, horribly designed" kroc...

Grunt, who's made a number of lovely Kampaign videos, offers a great suggestion on DK Vine.

"No K. Lothing K. Rool should have been a cameo in Mario Strikers as a streaker running across the field being chased by security."
I don't know how to properly respond to this.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
The movie page is still down. What are you up to Nintendo? I'm gonna keep my eye on that page like a croc watching a tasty water buffalo.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Hey, in case anyone is looking for a new avatar of everyone's favorite "fat, ugly, horribly designed" kroc...

Grunt, who's made a number of lovely Kampaign videos, offers a great suggestion on DK Vine.

"No K. Lothing K. Rool should have been a cameo in Mario Strikers as a streaker running across the field being chased by security."
It's funny seeing everyone react to him being "naked."

When he barely wore any sort of clothing to begin with. :dr^_^:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Since the ballot is still up or so I thought. I was gonna throw in another (last minute) vote for our King. I was going to put this in my vote.

"K. Rool is one of the most notable characters that has yet to be playable in Super Smash Bros. He has a wide variety of moves that could set him apart from the rest of the roster. K. Rool has different kostumes that he could use. His Blunderbuss, Krown, and helicopter pack would make key assets to his moveset. The Donkey Kong series lack in representation and K. Rool along with Dixie would help fix that very nicely. "

KrocTheVote

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord

Good point.
It's weird, because I don't mind looking at Gorilla Grodd from Justice League, because he also wears practically nothing, I guess it's just that K.Rool just looks so different without his trademark style that it's jarring to see

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Good point.
It's weird, because I don't mind looking at Gorilla Grodd from Justice League, because he also wears practically nothing, I guess it's just that K.Rool just looks so different without his trademark style that it's jarring to see
Gorilla Grodd wears fur. Does that count?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Well, if the King makes the kut I wanna kongratulate everyone who worked extremely hard for the kampaign to blow up like it did. Like I say after a really good match online, Well Done you guys. Well Done indeed.

i think they found the real life k rool.

now thats one big gator just like k rool,looks like hes missing an arm though(hes 18 feet)

someone should superglue a crown onto a krocodiles head and then release it into the wild,imagine peoples reaction to seeing a king krocodile walking around.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039

BKupa666 BKupa666 - No! No no no! You'll get the "K. Rool is too naked to be a valid choice for Smash" crowd in here! :laugh:

I am disturbed...

Petition for K.Rool to keep properly dressed at all times.
What's the matter, can't handle the sexiness of our King...?

He can pose whatever or whenever he wants. :troll:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman

Most of it is in jest. But there is something striking about seeing a character that usually wears accessories (at the very least) without them. It's like seeing a Ninja Turtle without their mask, or like seeing Donald Duck without his shirt. You know they don't really have anything to hide, but there's still something vulnerable about it being missing.

Heck, I have a hard time drawing the dragon in my avatar without his helmet and scarf because he just looks so totally different without them. It completely throws off his color balance and shows off his head and neck in ways I don't normally draw.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Just for the sake of everyone's sanity, you seriously would not want to imagine my girlfriend's reaction to this. *shudders*

BrickGenesis

Smash Rookie
Anyone have a prediction for when we are going to get any news or at least acknowledgement of the ballot?

Last edited:

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Ah, naked K. Rool. Something to look at.

...oh, okay. Yeah. Four months since a character. No Nintendo Directs for just as long. Naked K. Rool was bound to happen.

..his torso looks like a lime.

I need to just go away for a while.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
It's literally him without a crown, cape, and wrist bangles and he just looks so WEIRD.

It's like if Mario shaved his mustache off, the universe would implode on itself.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
It's literally him without a crown, cape, and wrist bangles and he just looks so WEIRD.

It's like if Mario shaved his mustache off, the universe would implode on itself.
same thing goes for:
Wario with lips
Dudley without boxing gloves
Shadow the Hedgehog's modern voice actor
Marth speaking English

It's just this uncanny weirdness and it's hard to explain.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/jp/

Japanese Ballot is now closed.

※募集は終了しました。たくさんのご応募ありがとうございました。
(* It has been closed. Thank you very much for your participation.)

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/jp/

Japanese Ballot is now closed.

※募集は終了しました。たくさんのご応募ありがとうございました。
(* It has been closed. Thank you very much for your participation.)
It's kinda sad that we don't have a longer write-up to close the ballot, but at least I'm glad they explicitly thank the fans.
Now I suppose it's only a matter of time until the ballot is closed in other languages and countries. I really hope we hear something from Sakurai or Nintendo soon; I think there's a strong chance that the ballot will be acknowledged in the upcoming Famitsu column.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Strange, the ballot from where I live is STILL OPEN.

Oh well, one extra vote for a King doesn't hurt... :troll:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Where is the Valley of Repose exactly...?
Detroit is too easy/obvious...
None place, really. I just liked using that name as a reference only (And because I love the Pikmin series). :4olimar:

In reality, I live in Tijuana but prefered to use 'Valley' in its place. Also, in a way, I could called it that too, hehe.

About time, now it should only be a matter of time before it ends elsewhere.

Somewhere that has accessebility to Energizer batteries and celebrate Christmas.
And has many caves where you can get tons of treasures and find many strange creatures. :dazwa:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Japanese Ballot site has a Yeah Thank You message now. Some closure at last.

:231:

Sidboylol

Smash Cadet
Thank you, Smash Bros site. It's about time that they closed it. Now we have to wait and see the results.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
THE US BALLOT IS CLOSED.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So, here's a list of rumored characters;

Shovel Knight
Bandana Dee
Shantae

I originally thought that the final character would be Wolf, but something made me think different, in the files is a directory for a new stage, this stage is called "Tiki Buzz", now when researching what this could be, I found one result, Tiki Buzz is directly related to the enemy found in DKCR, so with that being the case, it's possible that the King may be on his way. Thoughts?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Posted this in the Dixie thread. On the eve of the ballot's results being known, I think this is important to consider going forward.

I dream of a day when monkeys and krocodiles can live in peace.

C'mon, this backbiting and name-calling is insane. What's the point in debating which character would be more "unique" when they both have great potential and their own merits for being considered?

K. Rool has potential because every boss fight with him is totally different and he never tries to use the same tricks or weapons twice. He has a krown, claws, teeth, his gold-plated gut, a blunderbuss that fires kannonballs and toxic gas, he can turn invisible and change his size, he has a pet Klaptrap that eats his enemies, he's a king, a pirate, a mad scientist and a boxer.

Dixie has potential because she developed from "female Diddy with floaty hair" to a very distinctive and creative character over the course of many games, most recently being revived from dormancy because she's very popular with fans and presents great gameplay options. She has prehensile hair, a bubblegum gun, a guitar, a rocket barrel, she can float and fly, you can even justify her borrowing moves from Tiny and having her shrink in size, fire feathers, climb up trees and even call in her Animal Buddies to help out.

Yes, K. Rool can be a Bowser or Dedede clone. Yes, Dixie can be a Diddy clone. But what's the chance of that happening?

They will probably share physical attributes of other characters. That is inevitable if K. Rool is going to be a heavy projectile character and Dixie is going to be a speedy, floaty character. That doesn't mean they're destined to be clones or there's nothing to vindicate them being their own creations. I'd say that Sakurai would have to go out of his way to make the characters clones, because beyond both characters getting it in the vein of Melee Ganondorf, I don't think Sakurai would consider two popular ballot characters without discerning what makes them so interesting and making them the best characters they can be.

I don't know why people feel the need to sell the other fanbase's character short, especially when we're both DKC fans who want to see the series get the love we believe it deserves in Smash. Both fanbases have proved themselves guilty of this in the past. Even so, it's just a vocal minority that makes it seem that way - the vast majority of both fanbases, in my experience, have proven to be very nice and considerate people.

I consider myself more of a K. Rool fan than a Dixie fan, but I'd be happy if either of them got in; I'd be even happier if both made it in. We don't need to debase ourselves in this manner, especially when we've both done our best up to this point to be considerate towards each-other and support our favourite characters without malice or vitriol.

Think about it, guys. This isn't what our fanbases want to be, is it?

Top Bottom