• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
HMMM

It must be

A real-life K. Rool suit

:231:
I'm now imagining BKupa running around his house with it on, smashing jars and making krocodile noises, and it is honestly the funniest thing I have conceived of in recent history.

Incidentally, BKupa666 BKupa666 , you need to record a cover of "Finest Hour" if K. Rool is konfirmed. This is not negotiable.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I received a fortune cookie last night that told me "You will soon receive something you have always desired." Hmm, I can only imagine what that might be. . .
What a coincidence, I got one with something similar: "Prepare for many pleasures ahead"

Sir_Killz

Smash Cadet
Currently on twitter favoriting ever single tweet asking about the smash ballot. I NEED SOME INFORMATION OR UPDATES!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Gangplank Galleon is one of the most famous DKC tunes and K. Rool's de facto theme. A trailer that uses a Jungle Beat song instead would be immensely disappointing. It's one of those things that makes so much sense you can't NOT do it.

(The difference is nobody cares about Roy's theme.)
Beyond what @AncientTobacco said about no K. Rool trailer being disappointing, I would take pleasure in the idea of K. Rool being tied to something from Jungle Beat. The Japanese developers in charge of Jungle Beat so transparently loathed Rare's DK characters, judging by their "not fresh enough" comment, so forcing them to see their immaculate work "tarnished" by K. Rool would be fun. I got the same petty pleasure playing as Diddy on Rumble Falls back when Brawl came out.

Not that Retro "hates" the Kremlings at all, but it would also be kind of fun to play as K. Rool on Jungle Hijinx, since it would mark the end of "no crocodiles" being in any of Returns' levels, heh.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I was having Chinese earlier, as well. And I also got a vague message in my fortune cookie....

Had some soup for dinner and then this happened.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hey, in case anyone is looking for a new avatar of everyone's favorite "fat, ugly, horribly designed" kroc...

Grunt, who's made a number of lovely Kampaign videos, offers a great suggestion on DK Vine.

"No K. Lothing K. Rool should have been a cameo in Mario Strikers as a streaker running across the field being chased by security."

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit surprised the ballot hasn't been taken down yet. I wonder what's going on? Ah well, I guess all of us will just have to be patient. :p

On the topic of K. Rool, though, what would his potential alts be? I'm a pretty big fan of his Kaptain outfit myself, so I'm personally hoping for that if he gets in.
Many seem to think that, if he gets any costumes at all, it will be his King, and Captain alts, with 7 King colors. I personally would like to see 5 King colors, default dark green included, with 3 skins left over for his Captain, Baron, and Krusha alter egos. Best case scenario would be 8 costumes for K. rool.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
This is a very peculiar situation we found ourselves in, Kutthroats. The anchor mechanism is jammed and we've reached the shoreline. We're... just floating like a little canoe at the beach amongst others now. And I've noticed the Australian site's movie list is still up too.

Hopefully we'll get something soon, so let's just take a banana and coconut smoothie while we wait for the lifeguards to let us come ashore... Before we konquer them!

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Well, here we go again, mateys! Will King K. Rool be able to escape from those who have been kondemning him for so long and wreak havoc alongside Nintendo's all-stars??

Or will he fall into the klutches of K. Lumsy once more?

Let's find out!

Man, I miss posting in this thread.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Hey, in case anyone is looking for a new avatar of everyone's favorite "fat, ugly, horribly designed" kroc...

Grunt, who's made a number of lovely Kampaign videos, offers a great suggestion on DK Vine.

"No K. Lothing K. Rool should have been a cameo in Mario Strikers as a streaker running across the field being chased by security."

I am disturbed...

Petition for K.Rool to keep properly dressed at all times.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

Oh my, majesty.. you're distracting everyone that way. :p

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
Croc fact of the day: until fairly recently, horned crocodiles (called Voay) patrolled the swamps, rivers, and lagoons of madagascar. Upon extinction, they were almost immediately replaced by Nile crocodiles, who had previously avoided the island due to the already filled ecological niche. Here's a skull of voay robustus:

Those two horns kind of remind me of another croc with a penchant for odd headgear....

Scorpob

Smash Cadet
NNID
Scorpob
3DS FC
5284-2304-0408
I know I haven't posted here very often, I've mostly lurked these past few months, posting once in a while, but I'd like to thank everyone here for being such a nice and welcoming kommunity. I've always supported K. Rool, ever since brawl speculation I've always held my hopes up for the king's smash debut.

With the ballot coming to a close, I can realistically see K. Rool becoming a possiblity, thanks to the kutthroats' efforts in supporting the character, and through thick and thin, ups and downs such as the mii costume, mostly people kept their kool and stuck through it to the very end. If K. Rool, for some baffling reason doesn't make it into this game, then it's almost a lock that he will return for the next DKC game, as the main villian, where he belongs. K. Rool went from not being recognized since a mario sports game, to being one of the most requested first party newcomers and having Retro Studios following the Kampaign on twitter.

I'd like to give a personal thank you to Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin for being the first one welcoming me with the "One of Us" video, BKupa666 BKupa666 for being our kaptain on this glorious voyage. And to every kutthroat who reads this, thank you. Every one of you played a part in bringing this character back from not being recongized for nearly 7 years, and now he has a mii costume to show for it at least. But, our King, I'm fairly certain will make his smash debut in the next coming months. I'm positive he's one of, if not THE most requested first party newcomer.

Thanks you for allowing me to have a presence in this thread, it's been one heck of a ride. Here's to our king getting into smash, where he should have been long ago.

EDIT: Changed avatar. :troll:

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman

The emperor has no clothes! The emperor has no clothes!

Bananija

Count of Trickery

He as no clothes, he as no grace.
This kroc as an "ugly face":troll:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

This is...something.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

I was rocking that avatar before it was cool. :shades: Then took it down for being too sexy for people to handle. :p

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

absolutely disgusting.gif

It's like I always find reasons to use this gif every other time I enter this thread. :laugh:

Honestly though that's disturbing. No Klothing Rool will haunt the nightmares of detractors if KKR is confirmed.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529

Thats...

Thats absolutely....

BEAUTIFUL! but after all those years of seeing him dressed in goofy kostumes, it is odd seeing him without anything on :p

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'm going to pretend I didn't see what I just saw.

Anyway, think we'll get an update tomorrow?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

Disturbé

Laniv

Smash Champion

Mercy, he looks bald without that krown.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
#Kroctober is in full swing, I think many of you could easily guess next week's persona (WIP) ? You have no idea how badass this image.
WIP2.png

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Optimistic: Two alts for King, Kaptain, Baron and Krusha.
Pessimistic: Eight alts for King.
Inbetween: Four for King and Kaptain.
You forgot:

VERY optimistic - 8 different costumes (Viking based on Frederik and a Tiki variation, and perhaps ones based on Klump and Krusha for kicks).

#Kroctober is in full swing, I think many of you could easily guess next week's persona (WIP) ? You have no idea how badass this image.
View attachment 76564
Looks like Western to me! :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom