• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
this is the final day for the ballot and i really hope king k.rool gets in and he should have his alternate costumes in with him Kaptain K.Rool,Baron K.Roolenstein,pilot K.Rool,pharaoh K.Rool,and King Krusha K.Rool(Boxer Alt) lets stay strong King K.Rool supporters this is the last push since didn't become playable for Melee,Brawl but his Retro Mii Costume got in and to me thats exactly what he is going to really look like unless sakurai wants to use the paon design better

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well fellow Cuthroats, we've made it this far, let's hope we get our finest hour!

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
its been an honor to be a kutthroat, we stood our ground through good times and bad times and remember even if we lose the battle and k rool does not make it into smash,dont get sad because if you take a moment to look around you would realize that we have accomplished so many things along the way.

k rool got trademarked
k rool is the most wanted newcomer
k rool is now a retro character like duck hunt and game and watch
k rool got a mii costume
k rool won almost every poll that was thrown at him,if he wasnt number 1 he was in the top 5 always.
k rool's name is on more lips that ever before,once forsaken now he is well known
k rool got smashified
big names like retro studios followed us on twitter
k rools creators support us
a k rool picture won the miiverse photo contest
all of k rool's games that feature him as the main villian are now on the eshop,and the descriptions always mention his name specifically.

and you can bet that k rool will be in the next donkey kong game and its all thanks to you guys because if it wasnt for us none of this would of happened. so the battle could be lost(which we dont know yet) but the war is already won... we brought back k rool.

not to mention all the "kool" fanart and conversations we had along the way.

dont forget the kutthroat pledge "we are kutthroats we dont give up,we take a beating but we always get right back up,we go down with our ship or our island...even if everything fails we will always come back fighting." this is the way of the kutthroat.

stay strong kutthroats because...

this may be a reality sooner than you think :)
a big thank you to everyone who voted for the king and a big hello for all the new people joining us, have a nice "kroctober" kutthroats
Don't forget one of the main things either, we finally got Nintendo to put back all the original Donkey Kong Country games back on the nintendo e-shop as well as DK64 and all the other DK games with K. Rool in them. :)

Pakky

Smash Hero
Stay sturdy boys. However when we come out on top I want a speech from our captain, as well as a match with him if its allowed.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
"when you realize that the ballot didnt close midnight on the 2nd and we were posting like it was going to close within the hour, but its still open for another 24 hours"

k rools not in the waiting room because he made it in :)
Shovel knight could get out of they're too you know.

But we don't know if hes going to get a spot but i would not be suprised if are king gets a spot

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I'm not going to lie, I don't like any of you. Your attitudes are pathetic, you don't show the initiative and devotion to the cause that I think is necessary, and most of you are also supporting characters other than the King which is just counter intuitive and lame.
...That was kinda mean...

InsaneHippo

Smash Cadet
I'm not going to lie, I don't like any of you. Your attitudes are pathetic, you don't show the initiative and devotion to the cause that I think is necessary, and most of you are also supporting characters other than the King which is just counter intuitive and lame.
i dont know man...constantly voting, constantly getting other people to support the cause, making lots of fan art, making so many king k rool miiverse images to gain attention that one was eventually picked as a winner, having a campaign strong enough that even retro studios and their ceo are part of it...yeah youre probably right, thats pathetic and lacking initiative and devotion.

and youre totally right about supporting other characters being counter-intuitive...i mean we're only allowed to want one character, right? man some people need to stop being so greedy.

Last edited:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
"when you realize that the ballot didnt close midnight on the 2nd and we were posting like it was going to close within the hour, but its still open for another 24 hours"

k rools not in the waiting room because he made it in :)
well its actually over when you think about it. Fan polls can do nothing now. We gotta sit and wait

T-Hell

Smash Lord
seems like GameXplain and BitBlock are on our side! (and pretty confident that K. Rool will be added in the game).

or at least they changed their minds through the time (I don't really remember if someone there was against K. Rool).
The Xplain guys are a bit bandwagoners, they will change their opinion depending on the situation.

Also, I don't understand the hype for Shovel Knight all of a sudden. Sure, he would make for an original character, but he makes little sense.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
So the ballot's ending at the end of today, not this morning? Well that's a relief, I have more time to think up an appropriate ending speech. :p
I guess for now all I'll say is that it's been a helluva wild ride.
I don't understand the hype for Shovel Knight all of a sudden. Sure, he would make for an original character, but he makes little sense.
I think his moveset potential and the groundbreaking nature of his addition (him being an indie character) is a big factor, though the Smashified art of him was a massive hype generator as well from what I understand. Plus his game was easily one of the best of last year. That said, I'm a Shovel Knight fan and even I admit that he really doesn't deserve Smash until he has a few more smash hit games (heh) under his belt and becomes a more well-known character to the general public. As an example, my mother knows next to nothing about video games yet was easily able to recognize K. Rool, but had no idea who Shovel Knight is. He's just not a big enough name.
I would be over the moon for a Shovel Knight Mii costume though. That's all he really deserves at this point, if anything.

Last edited:

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Huh, that killed the mood fast.:confused:

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
And was mostly unfounded. I seriously am trying to understand what he's talking about.
Basically that we should conform to the stereotype that "All K Rool supporters are big bullies that hate every other character!"
At least that's the vibe I get from it.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Smash Bros suffers from confirmation bias so badly it's not even funny. This is where the Shovel Knight support comes from. There was a leak that concluded that Shovel Knight was coming to Smash, so all of a sudden he's this super likely character. They're completely forgetting that the precedant of 3rd Party characters in Smash Bros rules out Shovel Knight. He's essentially a nobody in the world of gaming. So is Shantae. So is Bayonetta. Their games may be good, (I've yet to play SK but Shantae and Bayonetta are good games), but it takes more than 1 or 2 good games for a guest character to get in Smash Bros. It takes an entire franchise of notable games, commercial success, critical praise and a lasting legacy. SK, Shantae and Bayonetta lack all of those things.

It goes beyond 3rd Party characters too. Some of the most requested characters like Isaac or Sceptile lack any kind of real popularity in the real world. Why are they above characters like Toad or Blaziken? Toad and Blaziken (just examples, I actually personally hate Blaziken) are FAR more popular in the real world than Sceptile and Isaac are.

I think this is one of the things I like about K. Rool and his supporters the best. He's justifiable and warrented in Smash, and has been since at least Brawl. I don't feel like his supporters are bandwagoning because of the confirmation bias that plagues so many choices in the Smash community. His support doesn't hinge on a ridiculous fan-made rule, it's mostly made up of people who genuinely love the character and the franchise he hails from.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Smash Bros suffers from confirmation bias so badly it's not even funny. This is where the Shovel Knight support comes from. There was a leak that concluded that Shovel Knight was coming to Smash, so all of a sudden he's this super likely character. They're completely forgetting that the precedant of 3rd Party characters in Smash Bros rules out Shovel Knight. He's essentially a nobody in the world of gaming. So is Shantae. So is Bayonetta. Their games may be good, (I've yet to play SK but Shantae and Bayonetta are good games), but it takes more than 1 or 2 good games for a guest character to get in Smash Bros. It takes an entire franchise of notable games, commercial success, critical praise and a lasting legacy. SK, Shantae and Bayonetta lack all of those things.

It goes beyond 3rd Party characters too. Some of the most requested characters like Isaac or Sceptile lack any kind of real popularity in the real world. Why are they above characters like Toad or Blaziken? Toad and Blaziken (just examples, I actually personally hate Blaziken) are FAR more popular in the real world than Sceptile and Isaac are.

I think this is one of the things I like about K. Rool and his supporters the best. He's justifiable and warrented in Smash, and has been since at least Brawl. I don't feel like his supporters are bandwagoning because of the confirmation bias that plagues so many choices in the Smash community. His support doesn't hinge on a ridiculous fan-made rule, it's mostly made up of people who genuinely love the character and the franchise he hails from.
Gonna go out on a limb here and say it's because they are more popular picks for Smash and Isaac fans existed for some time now. There other reasons like how most think Toad is deconfirmed due to being apart of Peach's special. You're whole point falls apart because you claim Isaac's support hinges on fan-based rule and you speak as if you know what makes a fan, a real fan. Isaac does have real fans, just not as much as the King. I'm all for the King getting into Smash and I do believe he's got a very organic and dedicated supporters, but to make a baseless claim like this isn't how K. Rool fans should be known for. We're better than that.

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Smash Bros suffers from confirmation bias so badly it's not even funny. This is where the Shovel Knight support comes from. There was a leak that concluded that Shovel Knight was coming to Smash, so all of a sudden he's this super likely character.
I'm not sure about this. Why does being likely make someone suddenly want to support them? I didn't suddenly support the Chorus Kids simply because they were in the Gemastu Leak and they were a "shoo-in". People have to at least like them to vote for them or support them.

I feel like the support is due to the increased CHANCE of being in. If Phoenix Wright (a pretty solid choice for a 3rd party) got hinting from Capcom, we would see a similar number of support (if not bigger).

A lot of characters are forgotten or not even conceived to even have a shot by most people. The increased exposure brings these characters back into people's heads.

The internet loves indie games and Shovel Knight is a pretty popular one. Why wouldn't they vote for him if they thought of him in a Smash related manner? It doesn't have to make sense, (see Goku) but people can still genuinely like him.

I think you're mistaking predictions with actual support. Then again I may be applying logic to those who don't use it, idk :drshrug:

Last edited:

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Late here again nya!
It's a new day nya! The wait is nearly over nya! I swear I'm gonya cry in joy once he's revealed nya! Best of lucks to all of you nya! K. Rool forever nya!! He's all we'll ever need nya.

Nyao all I have to do is wait with you all nya... slowly, untill any news nya :nifty:

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Just remember to watch yourself out there guys. Once the Ballot closes Smash Boards will be flooded with aggressive speculators as to who got in.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

CJ's K Rool segment here is really good.
Another reason to get K Rool in is having CJ sing the DKC TV show songs.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I just figured the guy talking about how we're not dedicated to the character or whatever was being facetious, heh. We were the first character thread to take to Twitter to get our character revived, almost a year before the Smash ballot even existed. Every other group you see on there copied our lead, partly because they saw it was working (both in getting votes and in getting developer attention).

The thing with predictions is, if a character is put in a "leak," real or fake, people start deeming that character a shoo-in, and if a character gets that label, people start supporting them by default, because heaven forbid a character get into Smash that doesn't instantly become beloved. The clearest example of this is probably Chorus Kids, but you could argue it even extends up to Palutena (who benefited both from this w/ Gematsu and that picture of her with Mario, and also being a shoo-in based on Sakurai's Uprising development).

This ties back to K. Rool in that we've been in virtually zero legitimate-sounding leaks or new games, and yet are still standing strong. Everything we've gotten, support-wise, we've earned through sheer persistence. And that's a wonderful thing to see recognized throughout the web.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Gonna go out on a limb here and say it's because they are more popular picks for Smash and Isaac fans existed for some time now. There other reasons like how most think Toad is deconfirmed due to being apart of Peach's special. You're whole point falls apart because you claim Isaac's support hinges on fan-based rule and you speak as if you know what makes a fan, a real fan. Isaac does have real fans, just not as much as the King. I'm all for the King getting into Smash and I do believe he's got a very organic and dedicated supporters, but to make a baseless claim like this isn't how K. Rool fans should be known for. We're better than that.
I was merely using Isaac as an example. But sure, he has real fans. But his game series is also dead because of a lack of dedication from his fans. That's not a baseless claim. It's a fact.

A major part of Isaac's current support hinges on the fact that his Assist Trophy is gone. Just like Sceptile because of "starter triangle".

I'm not sure about this. Why does being likely make someone suddenly want to support them? I didn't suddenly support the Chorus Kids simply because they were in the Gemastu Leak and they were a "shoo-in". People have to at least like them to vote for them or support them.

I feel like the support is due to the increased CHANCE of being in. If Phoenix Wright (a pretty solid choice for a 3rd party) got hinting from Capcom, we would see a similar number of support (if not bigger).

A lot of characters are forgotten or not even conceived to even have a shot by most people. The increased exposure brings these characters back into people's heads.

The internet loves indie games and Shovel Knight is a pretty popular one. Why wouldn't they vote for him if they thought of him in a Smash related manner? It doesn't have to make sense, (see Goku) but people can still genuinely like him.

I think you're mistaking predictions with actual support. Then again I may be applying logic to those who don't use it, idk :drshrug:
I've actually seen a butt load of support for the Chorus Kids since the Gematsu leaks.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Let's not look too deeply into a picture of Sakurai standing with a game developer.
For all we know they're Hailing HYDRA.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Shantae for Wii U is one of the better games I've played in the past few years.

She still shouldn't be in Smash, but she's not as bad a choice as Shovel Knight. She at least has some form of a lasting legacy.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
****. Looks like we're back to two slots. If their whoring ended up causing this, I wish Playtonic had done something similar.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Don't panic, people. It's not as though Sakurai, an industry veteran, could only have met a fellow game developer because he's putting his character in Smash. He does travel to the U.S. for E3 sometimes.

What's more, Shantae's creators were desperately begging fans through Kickstarter email to vote for Shantae just days ago. That's not the behavior of a company who's character is in the game. In my opinion, Yacht Club being all obnoxiously coy on Twitter is way more of a red flag. They haven't begged for the character in a long time.

Still no reason to worry about K. Rool. Even if one of the indies defy the odds and usurp a spot, they effectively rule out the other's chances. We're still good.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Would be great (IMO) but I'm not getting my hopes up. Likely just a picture between two developers and that's it.

Top Bottom