• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Wanted to tell ye something: if K.Rool somehow will not be playable in 4 even as a DLC character (nothing is 100% safe with Sakurai), im preparing contingency plan for ye all.
What exactly it is? Well, a Brawl/PM mod (i've done enough research on him for that) with custom model by Fhanel (same guy who made the model used on BKupa666's profile pic) with few things added or changed to make him more accurate to DKC design (for example, a tail). Model itself is ~70% done at this point and its been requested like 1-2 days ago, so, it should be ready soon. This won't be same as K.Rool in Smash 4, but better than nothing. Posting this here because, well, this is the best place for it and im still supporting K.Rool and stuff. Still confused why K.Rool isn't in the game since release.
First I need to thank you for all your hard work on the Ridley mod.

And thank you for working on a K. Rool mod as well. Sounds like Project M might be the game for me if K. Rool doesn't make it in Smash 4.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
What hinders the leak's credibility is the fact that, as has been pointed out, there's room in the data for a new stage beyond Pirate Ship.
It did say final returning stage, right? Maybe the rest are new stages? :)

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
It did say final returning stage, right? Maybe the rest are new stages? :)
I hope so, a Gangplank Galleon ship would be sooo much better imo. If they ever do a k. rool reveal trailer, it should have toon link and the other fighters fighting on the wind waker ship when suddenly a bigger ship comes up next to them (gg) and that's when k. rool makes his move to join the others in battle, maybe they could have a canon ball hit the the smaller ship too.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I would be totally fine with K. Rool, Wolf, and Bomberman. Sure I'd be sad for Isaac and B.Dee fans, but for me, that trio works pretty well for me.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I would be totally fine with K. Rool, Wolf, and Bomberman. Sure I'd be sad for Isaac and B.Dee fans, but for me, that trio works pretty well for me.
As long as K. Rool makes it in I'll be happy. Wolf and Bomberman would really be more like bonuses for me.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Tama still coming off ultra cocky. If Shovel Knight ain't in this is going to absolutely kill his cred.

Going to get a few last friends to get in votes, then will call it a day. Feels weird to think that I'll no longer have to worry about advocating for K. Rool votes anymore starting tomorrow.

Anyhow, where that 4chan post is concerned, I don't really buy it. I was thinking that it's interesting someone "leaked" Pirate Ship, given the presence of a Zelda DLC stage already and that stages had never recycled music before this update (all but one or two of Pirate Ship's songs being on existing stages). Then, I realized that you have all these random old stage fanatics screaming "PIRATE SHIP! FOUNTAIN OF DREAMS! POKE FLOATS! SAFFRON CITY!" with no regard for music at all. This guy might have just been one of them.

I'd love it to be true, but aside from the interesting three spot coincidence, I don't think Pirate Ship is a smoking gun.
Honestly as popular as Pirate Ship was, I didn't see many people predict it to actually return at all. This leak for now is something to bare in mind, and nothing more.

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
the entire Bomberman thing fits in too well with Nintendo using the IP in a future project. I cannot find the related news to it, but i was a thing mentioned a few weeks ago.

If that's the case and K.Rool, Wolf and Bomberman are the new inclusions, consider me overly satisfied!
Nintendo recently bought IP rights from Konami; it was a certain board game called "Momotaro Dentetsu".
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/08/nintendo_is_licensing_hudson_soft_ip_from_konami
this pretty much confirms Nintendo still have some spare relationship with Konami and is ignoring (or even avoiding to deal with) the Kojima vs. Konami situation.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I really hope that if K. Rool does ever get added that they'd give him costumes, not palettes. It's such an important part of his character to dress up. Give me:

King K. Rool (Default)
Kaptain K. Rool
Baron K. Roolenstein
King Krusha K. Rool
(Aztec) King K. Rool
(Pilot) King K. Rool
Tikis inspired King K. Rool costume
Snowmads inspired King K. Rool costume

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I really hope that if K. Rool does ever get added that they'd give him costumes, not palettes. It's such an important part of his character to dress up. Give me:

King K. Rool (Default)
Kaptain K. Rool
Baron K. Roolenstein
King Krusha K. Rool
(Aztec) King K. Rool
(Pilot) King K. Rool
Tikis inspired King K. Rool costume
Snowmads inspired King K. Rool costume
If this happened, I'd scream so much the cops would pull up outside my door with a stretcher and ambulance.

That said, being realistic, I think the most we can expect is King and Kaptain.

If you're reading this, Sakurai, I'd be quite happy to be proven wrong~ ;3

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Kutthroats, I tip my hat to us at this final hour. I, admittedly, never voted for K. Rool and joined the party a tad late. That was, in large part, due to my ignorance at the time of how prime of a choice he was until after the ballot began.

Here's hoping that soon we will see an unveiling of the king, ready to take a new throne.

Best of luck, everyone. And remember to be civil weither it be in victory of neglect.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Man, I feel like after all this, I'm going to be super disappointed if he doesn't get in. It's been a long road.

D

Deleted member

I can't believe that the Ballot is ending tomorrow.

It's been a crazy ride for sure.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If the old 2005 Japanese survey is any indication, this ballot and its results will be used to determine who's popular for the next decade. Even if we don't win, we've made about as noticeable a mark as we could have. No way do we get absolutely nothing from this, either in Smash or in a DK game in general.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I've just made my final 2 votes, both to the karacters I've wanted since pre-release (K. Rool and Rayman). I will be kamping this weekend, so when I return I will be anxious to see if any fallout happens regarding Smash. But, judging by these past couple months, we may not get anything. Whatever happens, I'm prepared for it. It's been a long ride for us Kutthroats, starting with the games announcement, fake leaks, real leaks, DLC announcements, the Ballot, more fake leaks, another real leak, the Kostume, and now the final Kountdown. Here's to hoping the best for us and K. Rool (and good luck to your other wanted characters! :) ).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So, what does everyone make of the fact that the three placeholder stages are named "Tiki Buzz"? Hinting at a new DKC stage, perhaps? Or just a throwaway joke name based on a throwaway joke enemy?

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
So, what does everyone make of the fact that the three placeholder stages are named "Tiki Buzz"? Hinting at a new DKC stage, perhaps? Or just a throwaway joke name based on a throwaway joke enemy?
Probabaly the latter. Maybe they just named it something random cause they knew dataminers would find it.

Well, I think a new DK stage is fairly likely. Hopefully The Flying Krock, as Gangplank Galleon doesn't look likely at this point.

EDIT: But I don't think the placeholder name hints anything.

Last edited:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
i feel like k rool is coming to smash guys. Think about it! the costume, the trademark, the photo studio, the pirate ship. Everything has k rool all over it! I think we are all going to be very happy with the results :)

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
It's making me think that we'd get a DKC as well, especially if K. Rool would be one of the characters that would fill the list. Since K. Rool and Wolf are suspected to get stages with them, I wouldn't be surprised if the third stage was something related to the third character or a returning one. If the third stage would belong to the third character who is from a new series and/or a new stage from an already existing franchise, there may be some credibility of Pirate Ship being the last returning stage.

Of course, I could be wrong about Pirate Ship being the last returning stage. I'd love Fountain of Dreams or a 3DS stage to be in the Wii U version.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
i feel like k rool is coming to smash guys. Think about it! the costume, the trademark, the photo studio, the pirate ship. Everything has k rool all over it! I think we are all going to be very happy with the results :)
I am confused, what does the Pirate Ship have to do with King K. Rool? Do you believe that that will be his "home" stage?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
... Why do Speedwagon and BluePikmin have Dora icons?

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
Croc fact of the day #realtalk: being able to tell a crocodile from an alligator from a gharial involves a lot of genetic muck. However, an easy, more interesting way to figure out what kind of critter you're looking at is by checking its dentition. Let's start with overall head shapes: gharials are known for their freaky-lookin' I shaped snouts, true crocodiles normally have rather V shaped snouts, and alligators (and caimans, who are included in the family Alligatoridae, but are technically not true alligators due to minor skull differences) have blunt, U shaped snouts. Next we have the teeth. Alligators and caimans, partly due to their wide heads, almost always only have their upper teeth showing when their mouths are closed. Crocodiles have mostly upper teeth showing, but there's always one (usually in the neighborhood of the 4th tooth) lower tooth that is clearly visible when the beast's mouth is shut. Finally, we have the gharials, who were quite sick of all this dental inequality, and as a result have a roughly equal number of upper and lower teeth showing with their mouths closed, in a pattern not unlike that of a zipper. Now, to be fair, Australian freshwater crocodiles idolized gharials growing up, so they follow the same zipper tooth pattern. This is purely a result of convergent evolution, wherein two animals who are only sort of related evolve similar traits because they do practically the same exact thing as their counterpart in an environment far removed from the other. In this case, both are pretty staunch fish-eaters, and the zipper tooth model is most effective for catching the wriggly little things. Speaking of wriggly little things, my go-to example of convergent evolution is the green tree python of Papua New Guinea (& surrounding islands [& Knuckles]) and the Emerald tree boa of the Amazon river delta. Here, take a look:

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'd be legit surprised if King K. Rool doesn't make it. If he doesn't make it, all I'll be able to ask is....WHY.......NOT?!?!?!?!?!

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I've gotta wonder what the weekend will hold. I really want to see some new content this weekend, but I somehow doubt they'd blast an update at us on a Saturday or Sunday. I could be very wrong, however; the Royucas update was done on a Saturday, after all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom