• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I voted for King K.Rool, Dixie Kong, Krystal, and Ridley.

If there was an option for 3 newcomers and 1 vet it would've been King K.Rool, Dixie Kong, Wolf, and Krystal.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I wonder how much Snake and Wolf are helping each other out? People who put down 2 vets because they want Wolf are by and large putting Snake to fill the end Vet spot and vice-versa. It'd be interesting to see how the results changed if "1 vet, 3 new is an option".

Welshy91

Smash Ace
King K. Rool (love him)
Isaac (earned it after that ordeal with Abraham)
Banjo-Kazooie (Rare bias)
Ridley (Reptile bias)

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Finally a decent poll and not some reddit tomfoolery.
As much as I like Wolf like almost anyone else. If you really give me the choice. Not counting how much easier would be to bring veterans back. I voted 4 newcomers. Because https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxBvgCyERkw . Otherwise, would vote Wolf and Ice climber(s).

As for which newcomers I picked in said poll that was presented to us:

1. King K. Rool (Seriously, we are all here after all. Also the character with the most amount of ways to write his name: K. Rool, King K. Rool, Kaptain K. Rool, Baron K. Roolstein or krool for the lazy. Lets hope this doesn't cause dispersed votes in the ballot).
2. Krystal (I dunno, I just like her... DESIGN WISE).
3. Shantae (loved her games and design. Gets the award of "Raised the most awareness during ballot time").
4. Banjo-Kazooie (I mean, I feel like Im obliged sometimes. And while I think its mostly impossible. If it happens... sure, I would love to play with myself with him).

But seriously. If we got K. Rool, you can replace my other top 3 with almost anyone else from the top choices, veteran or newcomer. Im very ok with Isaac, Bandana Dee, Shovel Knight, Inkling, Paper Mario, Daisy, Bomberman, Rayman, Delphox and some others I forgot.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
Just voted for K.rool yet again.. Let's keep the party rolling.. I would buy the **** out of a K.Rool amiibo too, just saiyan!

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Just Super Saiyan! :p

I think we'd all buy the **** out of a K.Rool amiibo and name it "BestCharacter". :p
Speak for yourself. I'd be calling mine Kingsley; the most obvious choice for what "K." really stands for.

Say it a few times. King Kingsley Rool. You'll come around.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Just Super Saiyan! :p

I think we'd all buy the **** out of a K.Rool amiibo and name it "BestCharacter". :p
Actually, mine would be "King K. R.", to go with my existing DK series Amiibos, "Diddy K." and "Donkey K.". :p (He'd also be given a blue alt, to match them further.)

Speak for yourself. I'd be calling mine Kingsley; the most obvious choice for what "K." really stands for.

Say it a few times. King Kingsley Rool. You'll come around.
I always thought it'd be hilarious if it was something remarkably ordinary like Kenneth or Keith, myself.

Though, considering that he's in charge of the Kremlings, and the "ling" part denotes underlings, perhaps it's just Krem? :laugh:

EDIT: Actually, has anyone asked any of the ex-Rare guys responsible for him about this? :laugh: We did get confirmation about his armour that way, after all!

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I always thought it'd be hilarious if it was something remarkably ordinary like Kenneth or Keith, myself.

Though, considering that he's in charge of the Kremlings, and the "ling" part denotes underlings, perhaps it's just Krem? :laugh:

EDIT: Actually, has anyone asked any of the ex-Rare guys responsible for him about this? :laugh: We did get confirmation about his armour that way, after all!
Why ruin the mystery of it all?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well... Although the recent poll we got from Push is nice, I kinda wish we had something to talk about. All this speculating into the unknown (as in, we aren't sure if our speculating will get into the game) is unfortunately starting to feel a bit dry. I do hope something pops up from Sakurai relatively soon. A whole month's worth of waiting may be too much for a lot of people.

Last edited:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
It's likely that they didn't think about that when designing him, so they would answer something like "nobody but him knows" or just come up with a random name.:p

If his name turned out to be Kenneth i would laugh hard, since Kenneth is the birth name of an infamous youtuber in my country.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Since the "leak" was a thing, I kinda want to mention that I wish there was a ridley based mode in smash wii u. I mean if we can't have him as a normal fighter, why don't you let one person be ridley (or more) and have them fight the rest with selected stages so it doesn't disturb the game's balance. It would be better than Smash Tour.

On the poll, these were my choices:

1. King K. Rool (Why not?)
2. Banjo-Kazooie (I love the game and the duo, it would be a dream come true [if you didn't get that reference than just look up the history of the game])
3. Rayman (Already trophy and would have fun moveset)
4. Cranky Kong (Big DK fan, he could have a moveset referencing the old arcade games)
5̶.̶ ̶M̶y̶ ̶D̶r̶a̶g̶o̶n̶ ̶B̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶X̶e̶n̶o̶v̶e̶r̶s̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶ ̶c̶r̶e̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶(̶C̶u̶z̶ ̶j̶o̶k̶e̶s̶)̶

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
5̶.̶ ̶M̶y̶ ̶D̶r̶a̶g̶o̶n̶ ̶B̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶X̶e̶n̶o̶v̶e̶r̶s̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶ ̶c̶r̶e̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶(̶C̶u̶z̶ ̶j̶o̶k̶e̶s̶)̶
Bruh that doesn't even compare to my Original Sonic Fanfiction character: Shadonic the Hedgewolf. (Original character, do not steal).

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Bruh that doesn't even compare to my Original Sonic Fanfiction character: Shadonic the Hedgewolf. (Original character, do not steal).
It's too awesome not to be in. Sakurai, y u no put in Shadonic in Sm4sh?! We need more sonic reps!!!!

Anyway, who do you guys think they will announce first. I hope its K. Rool and not a veteran. Veterans like Wolf will be awesome to see return, but they don't generate as much hype as newcomers.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Why ruin the mystery of it all?
You're right, of course. I'm just a super-curious fan of such trivia. :laugh:

It's likely that they didn't think about that when designing him, so they would answer something like "nobody but him knows" or just come up with a random name.:p
Yeah, I know. :laugh: I mean, goodness, we know for a fact that his remark about his wife was a throwaway comment - if his non-existent spouse is that, what hope is there for his full name?

so did we get anything? i feel announcement is among us.
Not as far as I know.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
4 Newcomers (Mainly because I feel like Wolf is a lock to come back as DLC, I can't really say the same for Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Snake, although it would be amazing if they all came back)

1. King K. Rool (The obvious choice and highly deserving to be playable.)
2. Ridley (Your BS won't stop me Sakurai, either make him playable or come up with a sensible reason for why he isn't playable, not to mention he is also highly deserving to be playable.)
3. Isaac (Keep hearing his name, and he sounds like he'll be more interesting than Robin as a magic user.)
4. Dixie Kong (She deserves to be in as well.)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
so did we get anything? i feel announcement is among us.
I feel that we'll get an announcement soon. I do think it'll be announced before the ballot actually ends, so probably within the next few weeks we'll get the first ballot character announcement.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
And to put this time into significance, is this the slowest months of dlc/smash content we've had since mewtwo? Because right now, it sure feels like it's been FOREVER since anything character related has gone down.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
And to put this time into significance, is this the slowest months of dlc/smash content we've had since mewtwo? Because right now, it sure feels like it's been FOREVER since anything character related has gone down.
Well might be a leak soon.

Because the maintence is almost ready to activate

No mini video mentioned by sakurai

So data diggers will probably check for any spoilers.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I've voted in PushDustIn's poll - and I'll admit that there are only three newcomers that are super-vacuum-locked into place as my Top three:
King K. Rool
Isaac
Inklings. For the fourth place, I decided to say Sylux.

D

Deleted member

I've voted in PushDustIn's poll - and I'll admit that there are only three newcomers that are super-vacuum-locked into place as my Top three:
King K. Rool
Isaac
Inklings. For the fourth place, I decided to say Sylux.
What about the 4th one?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Well the New 3DS (small one) is coming out in Murica (YESH!).
Congratulations, you lot. :grin: I moved up to one of those myself when they launched here back in February, and they really are a lovely bit of kit, especially if you add a better battery - 14 hours of gameplay, or 12 hours' gameplay plus five days of standby, yes! :grin: (Though it does mean that you can't use the backplates, only the lid ones.)

What about the 4th one?
@ Strider_Bond00J Strider_Bond00J said it right there - Sylux. ;)

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So that they can release something in time for when the ballot actually ends. I think they're going to want to promote it with a big character reveal, then tease at the last few characters to come.
Are you sure they won't wait until the ballot ends before making those characters?

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Hahah. I can only imagine at October 3rd: "We have received all the votes from the ballot and we are closing it officially. We will start counting them so expect the results by the end of 2015 and the release of the first ballot character by Spring 2016. Thank you!".

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Are you sure they won't wait until the ballot ends before making those characters?
I doubt that they've been sitting on their hands this whole time. Sakurai said it himself that he can't keep the dev team around for ever, and we haven't seen anything significant content since tournies and stages (I don't consider mii costumes significant), and we seen the stages when Royucas were released. If PushDustIn's theories are true and the stages, tournies, and Royucas (Roy, Ryu, Lucas if you're confused) was the last of the pre-ballot that means they'd be sitting on their hands doing no work if they waited until after October to start working on characters.

Plus, the majority of votes will be in at the beginning of the ballot, so I imagine most major voting has finished and we wont' see any huge swings in support near the end. But yeah, like @ Banjo-Kazooie Banjo-Kazooie states, it would not be pretty if they made us wait this long with no Smash news at all just to tell us they will be counting the votes AFTER October 3rd.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I expect September to be nothing but dissapointment and pure boredom. But that's just me.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I expect September to be nothing but dissapointment and pure boredom. But that's just me.
Oh I'm sure it will be Leak-tember. I predict scores of fake leaks and Nintendo articles falling for each and every one of them, something for us all to chew on, get hopes up over and get disappointed after, or laugh off completely as October approaches.

I won't get my raise on my paychecks until October anyway, so in more ways than one, September is going to suck hard for me.

Top Bottom