• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

D

Deleted member

I would prefer if K.Rool didn't have a family as well.

The idea of K.Rool having a family just rubs me the wrong way.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Uh, well, if you think about it, even Hitler had a girlfriend. I actually like the idea of a problematic family, like he was forced to marry this crocodile beauty because the traditions of his kind mandate an heir to the throne, and now their relation is all messed up, he despises her(except when she does that special thing :dkmelee:) and she despises him, they costantly insult each other and he is always watching his back from her. Their son would most likely think that both his parents are awful and psychos, and grow up like your average dude from the ghetto. I would certainly despise the concept of an happy family like that of Bowser, but I'd say that for K. Rook a disastered family that he would've rather not have if not for the fact that he needs(but doesn't want) an heir fits quite right.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I would prefer if K.Rool didn't have a family as well.

The idea of K.Rool having a family just rubs me the wrong way.
Isn't K Lumsy K Rool's younger brother in DK64? SMWiki suggests it is at least the case in the Japanese game.

TallT

Smash Apprentice
Time for some questions:

1.What is your favorite thing from K.Rool?
2.What pose do you think King K.Rool's render is gonna have?
3.If you had to give K.Rool a new place to live, what it would be?
4.Do you have any fond memories of this thread? if so, what are they?
5.Do you think K.Rool is gonna be competitively viable?
6.Has K.Rool always been your most wanted character? or there has been any other character you wanted more that has been confirmed/discomfirmed?
7.What would be your reaction to K.Rool?
8.What will you do after K.Rool is released? will you still support other characters? or are you gonna quit speculation?
9.Do you hate me?
  1. I love his personality.
  2. I really don't know, but I would like to see him take a pose that depicts him as menacing with a tad bit of crazy.
  3. On the Smash roster (not as a costume):awesome:
  4. When the ballot was first announced. It was fun to see so many other people come to the thread and say they voted K. Rool and read what they put in their ballot entry.
  5. Hmm.............
  6. No first was Sonic back in Brawl and then came Ridley who was sadly shot down by Sakurai, but K. Rool is now my most wanted.
  7. First get down on my knees and thank God; second run around my house screaming.
  8. Most likely quit speculation. I have had enough of it to last a life time.
  9. YES, WITH A PASSION!! No

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
With his fairly intimidating nature and generally well-though-out plans, as well as poking good-natured fun at various video game final boss tropes via his various personas, he's a memorable bad guy, and is my favourite Nintendo villain (as opposed to my overall favourite Nintendo character, Dedede, who is merely frequently and wrongly mistaken for one :laugh:).

I couldn't guess. Maybe something reminscent of his DKC2 ones, where he's threatening you with his blunderbuss?

A kremling kowboy frontier town! :grin: Krooked sheriff/dastardly desperado was always the next persona that I wanted to see him tackle.

Just finding it and the Kremling Kampaign, first of all! Before that, I'd been beginning to think that maybe nobody else out there really remembered or cared all that much about K. Rool, which was thankfully incorrect.

That aside, getting to reconnect with the DKC TV series, the King K. Lone movesets, and seeing the continual determination to aid K. Rool in reclaiming his throne both in the DK series and in Smash, are big highlights.

I think that this depends on the skill and ingenuity of the player!

6.Has K.Rool always been your most wanted character? or there has been any other character you wanted more that has been confirmed/discomfirmed?
No, but all of my other most-wanteds (Dedede and Diddy Kong, mainly) have been in for a while.

I wouldn't know unless or until the time came.

8.What will you do after K.Rool is released? will you still support other characters? or are you gonna quit speculation?
I would like to see Bandana Waddle Dee, Dixie Kong, Mr. Stevenson, and some other "retro" picks who I'd hoped to see long before now. My support will go to them.

9.Do you hate me?
No - you're cool! :)

This point is very good. It's clear that any minions that display a sense of independent thought get ousted: Snide got booted because K. Rool thought he was up to something, Kasplat gets fed to the mutant Klaptrap, even Klubba seems to be stationed faaaar awaaaay from K. Rool's headquarters due to his unscrupulous nature.
And Rattly defected to become an Animal Buddy, too. ;)

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
With his fairly intimidating nature and generally well-though-out plans, as well as poking good-natured fun at various video game final boss tropes via his various personas, he's a memorable bad guy, and is my favourite Nintendo villain (as opposed to my overall favourite Nintendo character, Dedede, who is merely frequently and wrongly mistaken for one :laugh:).

I couldn't guess. Maybe something reminscent of his DKC2 ones, where he's threatening you with his blunderbuss?

A kremling kowboy frontier town! :grin: Krooked sheriff/dastardly desperado was always the next persona that I wanted to see him tackle.

Just finding it and the Kremling Kampaign, first of all! Before that, I'd been beginning to think that maybe nobody else out there really remembered or cared all that much about K. Rool, which was thankfully incorrect.

That aside, getting to reconnect with the DKC TV series, the King K. Lone movesets, and seeing the continual determination to aid K. Rool in reclaiming his throne both in the DK series and in Smash, were big highlights.

I think that this depends on the skill and ingenuity of the player!

No, but all of my other most-wanteds (Dedede and Diddy Kong, mainly) have been in for a while.

I wouldn't know unless or until the time came.

I would like to see Bandana Waddle Dee, Dixie Kong, Mr. Stevenson, and some other "retro" picks who I'd hoped to see long before now. My support will go to them.

No - you're cool! :)

And Rattly defected to become an Animal Buddy, too. ;)
rattly is my favorite animal buddy btw ^w^

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Time for some questions:

9.Do you hate me?
1.) Probably his design, seeing as I have no real connection to the character through the series. Rare or PAON, I like the way he looks either way.
2.) preferably something like this:

We should probably be more worried that he'll get in in general before we worry about what his render will look like, tho

3.) The Florida Everglades..? Seems like he'd like it. Plus maybe he'd take over Florida, and as a Flordian resident, I'd be perfectly okay with that.

4.) When the Ballot was first announced. I wasn't there for it, but seeing that explosion of hype brought a smile to my face.

5.) Nope. Not even for a second.

6.) No. Even now, the Ice Climbers are more important to me than K. Rool.

7.) This:

8.) Go to the obligatory "K. Rool: I Was Wrong" thread and apologize for being a non-believer.

9.) Probably

Last edited:

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
K. Rool hopes are still very high, but the main issue that I've seen isn't pessimism. It's mostly the feeling of not knowing Sakurai's intentions that, I believe, got a lot of people on edge (and they still do). He hasn't commented on the issue yet so that either means that he's just neglecting to respond to an avalanche of K. Rool Tweets and Miiverse posts (which I kind of doubt) or it means that he has something planned for the character.

If anything, this debacle has attracted new Kutthroats and I think that's a good thing. However, the only thing standing in our way is Sakurai and if K. Rool doesn't win (or even come close to winning) as a Nintendo rep, then I'm going to write off the ballot as a publicity stunt used to keep interest for them to make the characters that THEY want.

D

Deleted member

Thanks for the answers guys, it's nice to see that you people took the time.

Now.........huh.

There's really nothing else to talk about isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yellowood Lovely

Smash Cadet
K. Rool hopes are still very high, but the main issue that I've seen isn't pessimism. It's mostly the feeling of not knowing Sakurai's intentions that, I believe, got a lot of people on edge (and they still do). He hasn't commented on the issue yet so that either means that he's just neglecting to respond to an avalanche of K. Rool Tweets and Miiverse posts (which I kind of doubt) or it means that he has something planned for the character.

If anything, this debacle has attracted new Kutthroats and I think that's a good thing. However, the only thing standing in our way is Sakurai and if K. Rool doesn't win (or even come close to winning) as a Nintendo rep, then I'm going to write off the ballot as a publicity stunt used to keep interest for them to make the characters that THEY want.
Gosh. Yeah considering how much K.Rool was wanted, throwing him in with Chrom & K K Slider seemed really odd. I mean that was the nail in the coffin for Chrom hopefuls (ignoring everything already said against Chrom's chance) but K. Rool, from an outsiders POV, seemed like a really original idea that made sense. Still, don't you think it'd be strange for the Mii costume to NOT be sakurai saying "oh cool idea but no he's not going to be playable"?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Do they think characters like Lanky Kong can win still but "K. Rool is already doomed anyways so why bother"?.
When people think Lanky is more likely than King K. Rool

Lanky Kong hasn't been in anything since Barrel Blast and has appeared like 3 ****ing times in the DK series. Why the **** would Sakurai choose him over King K. Rool, Dixie, Cranky, and Funky who have all appeared more and are all way more important.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
When people think Lanky is more likely than King K. Rool

Lanky Kong hasn't been in anything since Barrel Blast and has appeared like 3 ****ing times in the DK series. Why the **** would Sakurai choose him over King K. Rool, Dixie, Cranky, and Funky who have all appeared more and are all way more important.
Because it's RANDOOOOM and Sakurai likes being utterly ridiculous for certain things (Ridley). :p

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
It was a joke. I thought the BOLD and emote would have hinted at that.

I don't honestly think Lanky's any more likely than even Cranky. Because let's be honest, everyone knows Chunky's the most likely DK representative for Smash. :p
I know it was a joke lol.
exists. That should speak for itself
What? What are you talking about? Nothing like that exists.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Time for some questions:

9.Do you hate me?
I love question time.

1. He's a villain. Not super evil like Ganondorf, but not going go-karting every week like Bowser. He's like a villain from 90s cartoons. True, we need the Ganondorfs and the Bowsers, but we need the K.Rools as well.
  2. The poses on his trophies are great. I hope they pick one where he's got both feet on the ground though; I hate amiibos with the supports. At least the new ones all got clear stands.
  3. I think he'd fit pretty well in the Mushroom Kingdom. Hyrule would eat him alive...well, at least the gritty one would. He could probably fit in the toon Hyrule...
  4. I love seeing the initations for everyone. We've got a great community here.
  5. Who cares? I don't play competitively. Besides, I mostly play Link, Zelda, the Dorf, the Zard, and Ike, so I think I'm at the bottom of the tier list anyway.
  6. Ridley FTW. Actually, K.Rool was always #3 behind Wolf, but the latest costume mess bumped K.Rool up to #2. Like I said, I've played half of DK64 and that's it. I still recognize the Rool's importance, and I loved him in that game.
  7. I'd actually get mad - the eShop would be too clogged to let me download him, lol. It'd be wonderful, and I'd be right on SmashBoards partying with the rest of you.
  8. I'm still supporting Ridley until he gets in. Imagine that after the ballot, Sakurai releases a few characters and then comes on in a direct to tell us that they have one more update before they close the doors, and then shows K.Rool and Ridley as the final DLC characters. I'd be so happy, and it'd be great to see this site after an announcement like that. Imagine all these detractors getting a one-two punch...
  9. Kutthroats stick together!

Pakky

Smash Hero
Here's a dark question.

What Smash decision would make you go "That's a load of bull"?

For me it would be if Sakurai gave us an excuse as to why King K Rool couldn't be in the game.

Here's a dark question.

For me it would be if Sakurai gave us an excuse as to why King K Rool couldn't be in the game.
Not including any of my Top 3 characters. I mean, all three are popular, unique and viable, none of them getting in would be a huge disappointment.

EDIT: Also, not adding a DK character as DLC.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I love question time.

1. He's a villain. Not super evil like Ganondorf, but not going go-karting every week like Bowser. He's like a villain from 90s cartoons. True, we need the Ganondorfs and the Bowsers, but we need the K.Rools as well.
  2. The poses on his trophies are great. I hope they pick one where he's got both feet on the ground though; I hate amiibos with the supports. At least the new ones all got clear stands.
  3. I think he'd fit pretty well in the Mushroom Kingdom. Hyrule would eat him alive...well, at least the gritty one would. He could probably fit in the toon Hyrule...
  4. I love seeing the initations for everyone. We've got a great community here.
  5. Who cares? I don't play competitively. Besides, I mostly play Link, Zelda, the Dorf, the Zard, and Ike, so I think I'm at the bottom of the tier list anyway.
  6. Ridley FTW. Actually, K.Rool was always #3 behind Wolf, but the latest costume mess bumped K.Rool up to #2. Like I said, I've played half of DK64 and that's it. I still recognize the Rool's importance, and I loved him in that game.
  7. I'd actually get mad - the eShop would be too clogged to let me download him, lol. It'd be wonderful, and I'd be right on SmashBoards partying with the rest of you.
  8. I'm still supporting Ridley until he gets in. Imagine that after the ballot, Sakurai releases a few characters and then comes on in a direct to tell us that they have one more update before they close the doors, and then shows K.Rool and Ridley as the final DLC characters. I'd be so happy, and it'd be great to see this site after an announcement like that. Imagine all these detractors getting a one-two punch...
  9. Kutthroats stick together!
They wouldnt be smashboards anymore if that happend it would blow up!

D

Deleted member

Here's a dark question.

1.Takamaru's exclusion.
2.Wolf's exlcusion.
3.Smash Tour.

Those were the ones that made go "that's bullocks" back in the Pre-release era.
Don't get me wrong, I respect Sakurai even if he makes questionable descisions sometimes.

Hovewer, i don't agree with every choice he does.

Nowadays: K.Rool, Dixie Kong, Wolf and Isaac's exclusion would make me upset.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
my number one (mewtwo) made it in... k. rool is number two. after that, any new character will just be icing on this delicious cake :D

also. dont dis lankey. lankeys still awesome. who cares if he isnt as prevailent? he would probably be my 4th choice for new dk reps.... after the obvious k. rool, dixie, and crankey :p
dk64 could use a little more representation. outside a song and 2 of diddys moves.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Here's a dark question.

When Sakurai said he couldn't make Ridley a fighter when he could make the Laughing Dog from Duck Hunt a fighter. Something about not staying true to the character yet Ridley's physical character changes in every game but the ferocity stays the same, and yet we have Samus fighting outside of her Varia Suit and Ganondorf pretending to be an F-Zero racer and characters using moves they can't learn in their base games (Several of Ness's moves and Robin with Nosferatu to have examples). That entire statement was a blatant contradiction. I don't recall Pac-man summoning sprites of other games or Duck Hunt Dog being able to call shooters from an entirely separate game in Duck Hunt.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Sakurai's reasoning of Ridley not being playable.

"He wouldn't feel like Ridley anymore."
*cough cough Ganondorf*
Or Zero Suit Samus for that matter. I don't recall any game she spends any amount of time out of her power suit except in a certain piece of trash known as Other M, and even then she wouldn't consider fighting outside of her power suit.

And obviously, yes, Falcondorf. And I think he's forever damned to walk the earth as a Captain Falcon wannabe.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
There are more characters then just Ganondorf and ZSS that don't necessarily ''play'' or ''act'' like their source material. :4rob: was a toy in real life, who, to many children's disappointment, did not have jets that could let it fly or lasers that shot out of its eyes. Captain Falcon, who only drives a futuristic car in his game, has crazy flaming punches and kicks (although it's arguable that his speed in Smash reflects the speed of F-Zero).

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Here's a dark question.

When Kid Icarus got 3 characters compared to DK's 2 and Metroid's "2 except not really"

And then there was Dr. Mario's return. At least Lucina and Dark Pit have there own personalities

Smash 3DS' entire existence

Or Zero Suit Samus for that matter..
Or Wario

And as memetastic as he is, Falcon is grossly out of character in Smash

Or Marth. In the original games, he was immature by being fairly childish. In Smash, his taunts make him just a cocky s.o.b.

Last edited:

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
Here's a dark question.

The whole "Ridley wouldn't be Ridley if he was smaller in scale" ruffled my feathers a bit. I am holding hope for DLC though as Sakurai has stated that it is fan service from here on out! What would irritate me though is if K.Rool remains a costume, Ridley remains nothing more than a horribly animated(at least in his mouth) stage hazard , and if all of the other characters are B list characters who nobody really wanted or needed!

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
Last edited:
Top Bottom