• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Time for some questions:

1.What is your favorite thing from K.Rool?
2.What pose do you think King K.Rool's render is gonna have?
3.If you had to give K.Rool a new place to live, what it would be?
4.Do you have any fond memories of this thread? if so, what are they?
5.Do you think K.Rool is gonna be competitively viable?
6.Has K.Rool always been your most wanted character? or there has been any other character you wanted more that has been confirmed/discomfirmed?
7.What would be your reaction to K.Rool?
8.What will you do after K.Rool is released? will you still support other characters? or are you gonna quit speculation?
9.Do you hate me?
1. Probably his personality. He's menacing while humorous at the same time, and gets really creative in all his boss fights. The only other Nintendo villains that come close to personality are probably Dedede and Bowser in the Mario RPG games.
2.No clue. But Mewtwo's CSS render is very similar to his older trophy, so I wouldn't be too surprised if his render is similar to his in game trophy.
3. In the Smash Bros roster, obviously :).
4. I've only participated in the thread for a few days, but I've lurked here and there in the past year. My most vivid memories were after the ESRB leak, after the Ballot was announced, after the kostume reveal, and since officially joining Smash Boards.
5. I'm not sure, but it certainly would be nice to see that.
6. During pre-release, :4bowserjr: was my most wanted, K. Rool was my second. When :rosalina: was confirmed, I took it as a deconfirmation for :4bowserjr: , so from there on out I went full support for K. Rool (and the 3rd party characters I was wishing for, :4pacman: and Rayman).
7. The Hype Train would blast into space at full speed and I would have a rave party on the sun.
8. Speculating the past few years on multiple sites has been fun, so I will kontinue if he gets konfirmed. I will also support other characters I want to see.
9. Nope :).

D

Deleted member

Time to answer my own questions:
1.The fact that he changes personas all the time (from King to Pirate to Sciencetist),
2.Something like his Smashified render.
3.A dystopian underground city called Kremlingtropolis
4.The reaction to the Kremlings in Smash Run and the announcement of the Ballot. (honorary mention goes to the Robin's reveal, since it "killed" the leak)
5.Not sure.
6.Mewtwo and Little Mac (who are now in the game) were my most wanted character during the base game speculation, Honorable mention goes to Waluigi and Takamaru, who i also wanted in the game, but were neglected to NPC status. I should mention that Simon Belmont is my most wanted character, but i barely talk about him due to the fact of how unlikely he is.
7.I will lose my mind.
8.I still have Isaac, Wolf and Paper Mario left.
9.Not really (altough i hate when i do stupid things)

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Time for some questions:

6.Has K.Rool always been your most wanted character? or there has been any other character you wanted more that has been confirmed/discomfirmed?
8.What will you do after K.Rool is released? will you still support other characters? or are you gonna quit speculation?
9.Do you hate me?
1. His personas
2. I hope so much it ain't an "Evil Dance"-pose his Brawl and Smash 4 trophies have.
Something menacing please
3. Mass-Producing Factory to off-set DK's Treehouse
4. Mii Kostume reveal, The 3DS release.
5. Depends if Sakurai finally understands all heavies suck
6. Nope, always had another character above it
7. Something like the Pac-Man reveal:
"They did it? Cool!"

Though this one might be more enthusiastic since it was 1 AM when I looked at the site and Pac-Man's render came up.

8. I've never really campaigned for characters.
I'll just hang around with the other support groups I like
9. Totally

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
When the King gets confirmed, do you think they're going to pronounce his name like K. Rool or do the show style of Kuh-Rool?
I kind of like Kuh Rool as it's closer to 'Cruel'.

Time for some questions:

9.Do you hate me?
1. His mannerisms, especially in the cartoon.
2. No idea.
3. Make the Gangplank Galleon his base of operations.
4. The reaction to Kremlings in Smash Run, the pre-E3 2013 times in general, the K. Rool promotional images BKupa used to post.
5. I don't care.
6. My number 1 is Isaac, and I used to be a Lyn supporter back in the day.
7. Watch the reveal trailer on repeat till I go blind.
8. I still have Isaac to care about.
9. Of course. Nah. Why would I?

:231:

Last edited:

Pepperoni_Lives

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Piggins91
Time for some questions:

9.Do you hate me?
1. His portrayal in the cartoon
2. I don't know, but it's gonna look amazing!
3. The USS Gangplank (if his ship was in space)
4. When I joined the Kremlings and talking with all you awesome folks.
5. Doesn't matter to me.
6. YES.
7. I would explode with happiness.
8. Get on the Smash 5 hype train!
9. You're awesome! And so are the rest of the Kremlings on this thread!

dkkrang95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
strongkong95
Time for some questions:

9.Do you hate me?
1. His insane personality and unique abilities.
2. I don't know, but I hope it looks cool.
3. Maybe a rebuilt Crocodile Isle.
4. It's hard to choose, this thread always has great moments.
5. Don't know, don't care.
6. Well before K. Rool, I wanted Little Mac and maybe Bowser Jr, but I still wanted K. Rool too.
8. After K. Rool, I'll support Wolf.
9. Not at all.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Time for some questions:

9.Do you hate me?
1. How insane and ruthless his personality is, especially in DK64.

2. A pose where he stands up straight, his pose being tilted to the right. His left arm is raised and has his fist pumped, with his bluding right eye showing his lust for domination. His eyes look straight at you, and his right arm stays down next to his hip. His cape also flows a bit, like Marth's render.

3. The location Donkey Kong Country Returns 3 will take place in.

4. The Chunky Kong rumor was hillarious and actually made me want to find footage of him. The rumor was eventually proven fake though.

5. As a Charizard main, not entirely. My results with Zard make me feel that he's mid-tier, but if K. Rool's moveset is based on trapping and zoning, then he'll also be mid-tier.

6. Before Smash 4 released, I also wanted to see Pac-Man and Little Mac. Pac-Man because Namco was co-developing the game and Pac-Man himself being a very iconic character that would fit right in. Little Mac because I thought he should've been in Melee and Punch-Out on the Wii "revived" the series. However, while I just thought those two characters would be nice to have, I wanted K. Rool way more than those two and would go out of my way to main him. So K. Rool is the only character I want to see, and if he gets in, then I'm done with character speculation.

8. See #6.

Last edited:

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
Time for some questions:

9.Do you hate me?
Oh man I love these!

1.He is such a fun villain. Sure he has his serious moments in 64, but even then he sticks to his wacky personality.
2.Maybe he could be holding up a kremling flag or something.
3.No idea.
4.Not really. I practically just started in this thread.
5.Not sure. Does he need to be? Mewtwo and DK are considered bad for competitive but are still really fun to play.
6.K. Rool and Little Mac were the newcomers I wanted the most. We got Mac, now we need K. Rool.
7.I would be very happy.
8.Not sure. As long as K. Rool gets in, I'm ok with anyone else getting in. The only other characters I would support are Snake,Ice Climbers and Wolf, just to have them back. (I miss Snake.)
9. I love you!

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
Just to be on the safe side, maybe you all should have K. Rool as your "last" vote. We don't know if it only counts one vote per IP, but why risk it you know?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Time for some questions:

9.Do you hate me?
1. I enjoy K. Rool's personality, and his variety of attire.
2. I honestly have no clue. I actually ask myself this a lot too. I think they'd make a homage to his manual render pose.
3. Heh, what a strange question. I think I'd put him underground in DK isle so he could plot his next attack against Donkey Kong.
4. Finding out that the president of Retro follows the kampaign. That made me start realizing that we were having a real effect on people.
5. I believe he could make it, the DLC characters have been top notch thus far.
6. Bomberman is my most wanted character, but he's never happening, and I don't want Konami getting any money from Nintendo at the moment, so I didn't even vote for him. I want Wolf back too, not as much as I want K. Rool though.
7. I think the whole street would hear my screams of joy. I'd probably get banned on this thread for typing incoherently from the hype.
8. If K. Rool is confirmed before Wolf, I'll stick around to see if the Texas furry makes it in.
9. I don't hate anybody here, as a matter of fact.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I really hope K Rool enters the stage the same way he did at the end of DK64. Also K Rool's stage name for the Punch Out stage HAS to be "Krusha" K Rool

Pakky

Smash Hero
Time for some questions:

9.Do you hate me?
1. Oddly enough I love his one bloodshot eye
2. I think he'll have the pose in which his had is over is mouth, seeing as how that's rather classic
3. The Mushroom Kingdom
4. Well I've enjoyed all the fanart, and discussing how the costume doesn't ruin his chances
5.Yes, I think so, because if he is indeed going to be a trap character I feel that he could goo far, my only wish is that he isn't projectile nullifier fodder
6. Over time he became that, the only character who meets my wants is Ridley, everyone else is in third place on my priority list, so yes the King is my top pick.
7.I have thought about making a video in which I rip off my shirt to reveal a tattoo of his face on my chest, followed by heavy breathing and yelling. But that might be a bit much.
8.I will support my other picks, and I will continue to speculate, but I plan to either main King K or have him be my alternate to Mewtwo.
9. No, you haven't done anything to me, so I have no reason to.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Time for some questions:
Q U E S T I O N S B O Y S
His wonderful singing voice
I like how he's a villian who's actually doing bad things
While Dedede, Bowser and even Ganondorf are helping the heroes, King K.'s just hellbent on taking them down through rather gruesome means (I.E. starving them to death)
Probably a throwback to this pose in some way
Probably somewhere that would give him a new career of being a Pilot, you can never have enough jobs on the resume
Does every time someone joined the thread count, we all just break out into song and it's fun n' stuff
If he's the 1v1 Heavyweight we always asked for (**** Free-For-Alls, we need a Heavy who can go 1on1 for once), definitely.
If not, he'll just sit at mid-tier probably. Which sucks.
No, I still want Bananaslammabonanzadana Wafflecone Dee a bit more than K. Rool.
Probably buy him first.
Then go to the Waddle Dee thread. :drshrug:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Time for some questions:

9.Do you hate me?
1. His craziness.
2. Not sure, but don't care.
3. A country on a continent ruled by the king himself.
4. Barely, if at all.
5. I don't see it happening.
6. Yes, alongside Wolf.
7. I'd go nuts after he would be revealed and be so happy.
8. I'll download him and spend some time playing as him. I will support other characters, though.
9. Not at all.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Time for some questions:

9.Do you hate me?
1. There's nothing I don't like about the character (though I wish he were less Bowserified in the Paon games), but my favorite thing is probably his unpredictability. An already cool, visually striking character is capable of dressing up as a pirate, or faking his own defeat, or having a secret boxing ring inside his ship. That's so much fun in comparison to other final bosses, where you always know exactly what you're gonna get.

2. It'd be cool to have a blunderbuss over the shoulder pose, but I'm guessing some kind of fist-pump or arm raised in the air, as if he's aware he's just won over the fans' support to get in and will finally be exiting retirement.

3. A revived or spiritual successor to Crocodile Isle. DK Vine was discussing the other day how it kind of sucks that such a beautiful and diverse landscape from the most beloved DKC2 had to sink into the ocean and rob the series of a return there.

4. Its early days, when Kritters were confirmed for Smash Run, whenever notable pieces of art or movesets were posted that the community came together to marvel at, when the ballot was released

5. It's a coin toss. He has the most potential to be out of any possible heavyweight, in or out of the game, I think, but that can easily be squandered if Sakurai makes him "slow but with a good Final Smash to compensate." Won't keep me from maining him though.

6. For a little while pre-Brawl, I wanted Bowser Jr. a bit more, but I soured on him pretty quickly once the NSMB games started plastering him everywhere with none of his charm from the GameCube era. Meanwhile, my support for K. Rool grew and grew in the wake of him not being in Returns.

7. I honestly have no idea, since I've never had a character I've supported for years and years get confirmed at long last. 'Emotional' and with a lot of replaying of his reveal trailer and celebrating in this thread are my best guesses.

8. I'll practice with him a ton to bring him up to speed with my other mains, and will frequent the K. Rool sub-forum that opens up and hang out/play with every other Kutthroat who does as well. I'll loosely support characters like Ridley, Isaac, Dixie, maybe a few others, but I'll stop actively speculating, since the fun has been sponged out of the scene in favor of just "who's in a new game? they're relevant and in the next Smash."

9. No, quite the contrary.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Time for some questions:

9.Do you hate me?
1. Everything. His multiple kostumes. His technical prowess. His singing. His beautiful girth. His dancing. You name it.
2. Something similar to his original render for Donkey Kong Country.
3. A heavily industrialised wintery area in reference to Soviet Russia.
4. Whenever someone joins = One of Us, The K. Lones stuff and seeing movesets.
5. Hopefully he is but I have my doubts.
6. I still want Ridley more than him.
7. This
8. Support other characters. There's always characters popping up that I like plus I still have the likes of Ridley, Isaac, Wonder Red and Azura that I want.
9. One does not simply hate Speedwagon.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
In other character news:

https://twitter.com/Stealth___/status/632953934815076352/photo/1

Tingle is going to be in Super Mario Maker it seems. Which means one of three things. It's an unlockable costume, Tingle is getting a Zelda themed Amiibo (which means there might be other Zelda themed Amiibo's) or Tingle is getting a Smash themed Amiibo and will be a Smash DLC Character. Or this is all fake.

Regardless, it would be kind of funny to see Tingle as DLC before K. Rool. Especially since he's already an Assist Trophy.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
In other character news:

Tingle is going to be in Super Mario Maker it seems. Which means one of three things. It's an unlockable costume, Tingle is getting a Zelda themed Amiibo (which means there might be other Zelda themed Amiibo's) or Tingle is getting a Smash themed Amiibo and will be a Smash DLC Character. Or this is all fake.

Regardless, it would be kind of funny to see Tingle as DLC before K. Rool. Especially since he's already an Assist Trophy.
This can only mean one thing...
Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land 2 CONFIRMED!!! :troll:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
In other character news:

It's an unlockable costume.
MK8's Female Villager has been spotted elsewhere (I don't have the link on hand) as a Costume for MMaker

MK8 Villager kongfirmed 5 smish????/////???/2??

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
@Speedwagon For your questions...

1. K. Rool's boss battles look different. My first time going up against K. Rool is going to be in DK64.
2. Don't know, I hope it fits K. Rool.
3. Perhaps a base on a body of water similar to a crocodile's real habitat in DK's world.
4. Hard for me to choose, I will say seeing optimistic views on K. Rool getting into Smash.
5. If K. Rool is made optimally, he can.
6. Nope. K. Rool is my most wanted Nintendo character, however.
7. Celebration. I will be joyed for K. Rool fans (even me) and playing K. Rool to see how he works.
8. I will continue supporting mostly Solid Snake's return and Bartz Klauser from Final Fantasy V. Issac, Black Mage, Simon Belmont, Sceptile, and Wonder Red will have minor support.
9. No hate here.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
It's an unlockable costume.
MK8's Female Villager has been spotted elsewhere (I don't have the link on hand) as a Costume for MMaker

MK8 Villager kongfirmed 5 smish????/////???/2??
Suppose you have a point there. But it's still a possibility. Regardless a Zelda themed Tingle amiibo would still be pretty cool. Though being in Super Mario Maker as a costume is fine as well.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Time for some questions:

9.Do you hate me?
1. His multiple personality shtick.

2. I'd like him to have a more of a self aware pose, something that tells us he knows won that ballot! A fist pump would be perfect. ( yes, I know there's no "winners")

3. A much bigger revived Crocodile Isle woth much more land as well.

4. The time Smashified revealed their render of K. Rool and everyone fired up photoshop to add alt. colors and the like! Those were fun times!

5. Maybe, it depends on the way he's handled. I would like a viable heavyweight.

6. Yes infact, since Brawls release I've wondered about the big Kroc himself joining the fray!

7. I'll probably go K. Razy (:troll:) with excitement!

8. I'm supporting other characters atm like Dixie Kong and Isaac, I'll move on to them full-time. There's also Wolf but I'm sure he'll come much sooner than K. Rool.

9. Nah, you're good.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
In other character news:

Its just a costume, but this could also mean more costumes as well, including the likes of K. Rool and Dixie.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Saw a random reddit poll to "predict Ballot winners". Had characters like Lloyd or Ghirahim with a "deconfirmed" tag to vote for them. But no K. Rool at all. Poll creator claimed "he's deconfirmed and we were going to make a viable character ballot"... Is this what people who don't care for K. Rool think of him now? Do they think characters like Lanky Kong can win still but "K. Rool is already doomed anyways so why bother"?.

So anyways, I hurled a bit and voted K. Rool on... *sigh* "Others". Let this be a lesson to me not to get carried away by any poll that is not the official one.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Saw a random reddit poll to "predict Ballot winners". Had characters like Lloyd or Ghirahim with a "deconfirmed" tag to vote for them. But no K. Rool at all. Poll creator claimed "he's deconfirmed and we were going to make a viable character ballot"... Is this what people who don't care for K. Rool think of him now? Do they think characters like Lanky Kong can win still but "K. Rool is already doomed anyways so why bother"?.

So anyways, I hurled a bit and voted K. Rool on... *sigh* "Others". Let this be a lesson to me not to get carried away by any poll that is not the official one.
Why even bother putting a "deconfirmed" tag if you aren't even bothering putting one of the most popular """"""""""""""""""""deconfirmed"""""""""""""""""""" character on the poll and then claiming that the poll is for "viable candidates only" when people ask you questions?

Some part of me thinks that this costume is just a trick from Sakurai to avoid making the ballot "too predictable" and get a more shocking final reveal.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Just to refer back to @AncientTobacco's point about the Lost World being the "source" of Kremlingkind, what if it just means it's their far-ancestral home? It'd fit with the world's primitive features and the ancient motifs in the ruins of Crocodile Core.

It's kinda like the theory that modern man originated in Africa milleniae ago. Maybe the manual's comment is just an esoteric way to state that this is the earliest remnant of Kremling civilisation?

I would definitely love to know the significance of (what appears to be) K. Rool's visage on the statues' shields in Crocodile Core, mind you. Either it's a different monarch entirely, K. Rool installed them there as a tribute to his own manic vanity, K. Rool is much older than we think or Crocodile Core is much younger than we think.

Just thought I'd point that out. Back to your regularly scheduled K. Rool support~

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Iirc the TV show says that K. Rool and Cranky were once good friends, but this looks quite odd considering that Cranky looks pretty old while K. Rool still seems to be in his prime(aside from weight issues :wario:). I wonder if this is just because apes live much less than crocodiles(30/40 years vs 80/100). This could possibily be related to the apparently unnatural aging of Cranky compared to Mario.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Iirc the TV show says that K. Rool and Cranky were once good friends, but this looks quite odd considering that Cranky looks pretty old while K. Rool still seems to be in his prime(aside from weight issues :wario:). I wonder if this is just because apes live much less than crocodiles(30/40 years vs 80/100). This could possibily be related to the apparently unnatural aging of Cranky compared to Mario.
My headcanon is is that they drove Mario and the rest of the human civilisation away from DK Island and the Northern Kremisphere together.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Brawl's Wrinkly Kong trophy states that K. Rool was a student of hers. If you consider that, it was very likely an inter-generational friendship.

:231:

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Time for some questions:

9.Do you hate me?
1. His design and personality.
2. No clue.
3. Ummm...... A dark swamp with an underground lair at the bottom of the swamp's lake.
4. I don't recall having any fond memories of the thread.
5. Damn straight, but even if he isn't I'd still find a way to exploit what he has to offer.
6. Ridley is and will still be my most wanted, as for now, my second most wanted character, K. Rool is on my sights.
7. I'd probably guess wrong since I don't always react how I say I will.
8. I'm gonna download him ASAP. I will still support other characters as I still support, Dixie, Ridley, Dark Samus, Kraid, AiAi (recently), Klonoa (recently) & Jin Kazama (recently).
9. Maybe...

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
While I certainly think this whole idea and the picture is adorable, part of me hopes K.Rool NEVER has anything like K.Rool Jr. or a Wife.

It just seems like we're making him Bowser and Bowser Jr. then. And that'd be silly, seeing how K.Rool acts NOTHING like Bowser besides 'Final Boss.'
I dunno, it could work if they played K. Rools family up to be just as mental as the King himself is. Instead of doing a copy paste mini me K. Rool (akin to Bowser Jr.) You could play a Kid K. Rool and wife like a dysfunctional family (who are all bent on taking down the Kongs, of course). Or, maybe one (or both), weren't interesting in taking down the Kongs, and think K. Rool is obsessed. Maybe K. Rool and Queeny could constantly jab at each other with quips and insults. The possibilities to make it unique are there.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
@Speedwagon
Time for some questions:

9.Do you hate me?
1) He's a reptilian, which always gets high marks in my regard. Besides that fact, K. Rool just looks huge and intimidating, having a commanding presence, which I think is sorely lacking in Smash outside of Bowser (I can't take Falcondorf seriously when he practically crawls on two legs and wheezes as he treks across the stage. I know when to RUN when Bowser breaks out into a sprint and the screen shakes violently (or just poke at him and combo him to death like everyone else...*cries)).

2) As much as I'd prefer this:

I'd be perfectly fine with him clenching one of his fists while hoisting his blunderbuss over his shoulder. The image above would be amazing though, especially in regards to detractors.

3) A new airship. Because airships are awesome. He could have the Flying Krock 2.0 and be a sky pirate! Though we already have someone with an airship (Meta Knight).

4) I know this might sound odd, and I hope it doesn't sound offensive, but during the tragedy of Iwata's death it warmed my heart to see not only K. Rool's fanbase, but every fanbase come together to put aside competition in the face of grieving. Fan art being one of them. Not that the event itself was something I'm fond of, obviously no, but it's more of the community reaction to it than anything.

5) If he uses projectiles and traps like Snake he has a very decent shot at being among the better heavyweights. He'll never be as good as the feather weight combo stringers but if he can hold his own against them with his wall of cannonballs then he has a decent shot of being the infamous "high tier heavy". But I'd be perfectly content if he was garbage tier as long as he is in the game, I'm used to characters I love not being good (Charizard before any of the patches).

6) No, actually. Back in 64 and Melee, Charizard has been my most wanted character. He was confirmed in Brawl as part of the Pokemon Trainer's loadout and a solo man act in Smash 4 (condolences to Ivysaur and Squirtle, but I'd be quick to throw those two under the bus if it meant securing Charizard's playability). Ridley became my next most wanted. At the time I was waiting for months on end to post in NeoGAF and never thought to post in Smashboards, so I only observed the Ridley debates and fallout that came after. At the time I really didn't think much of K. Rool. Just the "Poor Man's Bowser" really because I was never enlightened to him from this thread. After Mewtwo released, filling a huge hole in the roster I felt was there, I became endeared to the concept of K. Rool as a sort of middle ground for Ridley being impossible. After dealing with lots of hatred of the character from NeoGAF, a certain Rool supporter there pointed me to this thread, and it's been my internet home ever since.

7) I posted it earlier actually:

Replace "Spaceship!" with "K. Rool!"

8) This is a good question. I devoted more of my free time to this cause than I'd like to admit, even if it's just surfing this very forum. I'm weary of Smash discussion by this point, but if K. Rool gets in I'll probably continue coming here, if only to celebrate K. Rool, but I'll be keeping an eye on the rest of the newcomers. I feel that by the time K. Rool is revealed, he will be done so along with the rest of the Ballot winners, making sticking around for further speculation sorta pointless. After Rool there's really no one else (besides Ridley, who ain't happening, or Banjo for that matter) I want in, so there's no reason to get my jimmies in a bunch over any other newcomers. Eventually I'll just stop coming here, but what's keeping me here is this very community.

9) We have no quarrel!

Unless you hate Charizard

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I'm pretty sure that the Tingle amiibo will be made for Triforce Heroes...at least I hope so...

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm gonna be honest and say I...just really dislike the idea of K. Rool with an extended family. To my mind, K. Rool is a sociopathic, dysfunctional, overly-zealous, Stalin-esque dictator who rules his minions with an iron fist and bears a deep-seated hatred for the Kongs. The idea of a family unit in K. Rool's court just seems anathema to his character, irrespective of how manic they may be. It'd be like seeing a Bond villain ride into battle with his wife and son - it just wouldn't work.

To my mind, K. Rool's krew is a war machine, composed of whatever hapless Kremlings K. Rool can cajole into fighting for him. We know his minions are utterly miserable in his service and there have been a few attempts to sabotage his corrupt reign - compare that to Bowser, whose minions follow him out of a sense of loyalty and fearful respect, and Ganondorf, whose forces are savage creatures created by his dark magic. K. Rool's krew are either bad to the bone, merciless mercenaries to a kroc who'd cut a Kong's throat just for being a filthy ape; or flimsy cowards who're too bone-idle terrified to so much as whisper a stray word against their Glorious Leader. I mentioned the other day my headcanon that Kremling society ostracises female members due to perceived weakness, instead forcing them - in a manner reminiscent of ancient Sparta or Nazi Germany - into service as child-bearers and keepers of the household back home. I can't imagine somebody as intrinsically hateful and self-indulgent as K. Rool to care much for a spouse or child, much less have them help him out in the middle of battle. It just seems weird to me, that's that.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'm gonna be honest and say I...just really dislike the idea of K. Rool with an extended family. To my mind, K. Rool is a sociopathic, dysfunctional, overly-zealous, Stalin-esque dictator who rules his minions with an iron fist and bears a deep-seated hatred for the Kongs. The idea of a family unit in K. Rool's court just seems anathema to his character, irrespective of how manic they may be. It'd be like seeing a Bond villain ride into battle with his wife and son - it just wouldn't work.

To my mind, K. Rool's krew is a war machine, composed of whatever hapless Kremlings K. Rool can cajole into fighting for him. We know his minions are utterly miserable in his service and there have been a few attempts to sabotage his corrupt reign - compare that to Bowser, whose minions follow him out of a sense of loyalty and fearful respect, and Ganondorf, whose forces are savage creatures created by his dark magic. K. Rool's krew are either bad to the bone, merciless mercenaries to a kroc who'd cut a Kong's throat just for being a filthy ape; or flimsy cowards who're too bone-idle terrified to so much as whisper a stray word against their Glorious Leader. I mentioned the other day my headcanon that Kremling society ostracises female members due to perceived weakness, instead forcing them - in a manner reminiscent of ancient Sparta or Nazi Germany - into service as child-bearers and keepers of the household back home. I can't imagine somebody as intrinsically hateful and self-indulgent as K. Rool to care much for a spouse or child, much less have them help him out in the middle of battle. It just seems weird to me, that's that.
This is a very good way to sum it up, and why K. Rool is more evil than Bowser. Bowser cares for his son, and his minions serve him out of loyalty no matter how many times Bowser loses to Mario. K. Rool's minions are just terrified of K. Rool, which he constantly abuses. K. Rool would rather have hordes of underlings rather than a family, he seems like the type that would be incredibly paranoid and trust no one but stupid but tough lackies to get anywhere near him (Klump and Krusha). Too stupid to pull a ruse, strong enough to have some use. That's how K. Rool likes his generals and his army. Any Kremling that could think for themselves would be kept away with a 10 ft poll and would be put down at the slightest notion of sedition.

Damn that's deep.

Morbi

Scavenger
Time for some questions:

9.Do you hate me?
I sort of feel bad. I never supported King K. Rool prior to the announcement that there would be DLC. My reason was fairly standard, I did not believe that he had even the slightest chance to be on the main roster. I did not believe any Donkey Kong character did to be honest, but if one were going to be playable, it would have been Cranky (IMO). That being said, with DLC and a ballot serving as a conduit for votes, I no longer had any doubt that King K. Rool would be one of the most prolific candidates. I absolutely love his multiple personalities and I always wanted him in Smash. And he, fairly quickly, became my most wanted character; however, prior to that, Wolf was the my most wanted.

The Melee opening sequence concieved within me a strong desire for him to be in Smash, so I was very happy when those wishes were fully realized in Brawl. I was somewhat disappointed that he was not on the main roster in this iteration of Smash and I had a knee-jerk reaction where I wanted him to return more than King K. Rool just because he was gone. But the more I think about it, Wolf's play-style was not really in line with mine except for in Project M. I have no doubt that he will be more fun in Smash 4 than in Brawl and he has some unique attributes. With Falco being so lackluster, there is the very real possibility that I will pick him up, especially in the event of a redesign. But there is no guarantee that I will feel comfortable with him.

King K. Rool on the other hand? I love all heavy-weights in the game. The only one that I consistently use as a secondary is Donkey Kong; however, I used to main Ganondorf in Project M and he was a secondary of mine in Melee and Brawl. So I always want a heavy-weight in my pocket. Albeit, I already have one. But the one inherent issue with heavy-weights is that they rarely have a good projectile to promote zoning (my playstyle). Heavy-weights are so compelling to me as they reward good fundamentals, but without a standard spacing tool, they feel less viable. King K. Rool would most likely not have this issue. Unless his blunderbuss or the like acts similar to the Gordo, I should be pretty happy to have a heavy-weight with a decent projectile game. Does that mean he will be competitively viable? I need to see his move-set and frame-data first.

I am never going to quit speculation, but once King K. Rool is announced, I will not support any other characters. I will be busy learning another character. I do not care about anyone else to be honest. I used to care about Black Shadow and whatnot, but that was mostly to "fix" Ganondorf.

Tl;dr: I clearly did not answer your questions in list form because I am a rebel girl.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Too stupid to pull a ruse, strong enough to have some use. That's how K. Rool likes his generals and his army.
This point is very good. It's clear that any minions that display a sense of independent thought get ousted: Snide got booted because K. Rool thought he was up to something, Kasplat gets fed to the mutant Klaptrap, even Klubba seems to be stationed faaaar awaaaay from K. Rool's headquarters due to his unscrupulous nature.

Come to think of it, the fact that Snide was in cahoots with K. Rool at all is worth a mention. K. Rool seems to favour his own kind when it comes to delineation of his minions (possible commentary on ethnic prejudice / master race mentality?) - aside from a few henchmen of other species (many of whom seem to be mindless beasts rather than rational entities), K. Rool's krew is mostly reptilian. It's a pretty distinctive detail that K. Rool would work with another species in the first place, much less an individual who's clearly much smarter than he is. Maybe he was impressed with Snide's intellect initially, then realised too much brain rather than mindless brawn could result in a potential problem further down the line?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm pretty sure that the Tingle amiibo will be made for Triforce Heroes...at least I hope so...
I've heard it was proven fake, not sure on that, but regardless...

EVEN IF ITS TRUE IT DOESN'T MEAN THERE'S A TINGLE AMIIBO. Jeez. Its been known for some time that Super Mario Maker has around 99-100 costumes, we don't have nearly that many Amiibo. It will support all Amiibo, some Amiibo cards, and have more than just Amiibo as well. If the Tingle rumor is true, it doesn't mean he's even got an Amiibo.

I can see him having a family, but only if he treats them as awful as he treats his minions. I can't really imagine him having a kid, though, only an actual "Kween K. Rool" who only supports him because she's afraid of him (like every other Kremling). Of course, that's probably not going to happen due to "Unfortunate Implications."

Morbi

Scavenger
I've heard it was proven fake, not sure on that, but regardless...

EVEN IF ITS TRUE IT DOESN'T MEAN THERE'S A TINGLE AMIIBO. Jeez. Its been known for some time that Super Mario Maker has around 99-100 costumes, we don't have nearly that many Amiibo. It will support all Amiibo, some Amiibo cards, and have more than just Amiibo as well. If the Tingle rumor is true, it doesn't mean he's even got an Amiibo.

I can see him having a family, but only if he treats them as awful as he treats his minions. I can't really imagine him having a kid, though, only an actual "Kween K. Rool" who only supports him because she's afraid of him (like every other Kremling). Of course, that's probably not going to happen due to "Unfortunate Implications."
It already happened; in my headcanon. Poor Kween K. Rool.

Top Bottom