• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
I think someone has already mentioned it, but it would be great if K. Rool was immune to footstools as long as he wears the crown; would make him stand out against characters who rely on them for combos.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I think someone has already mentioned it, but it would be great if K. Rool was immune to footstools as long as he wears the crown; would make him stand out against characters who rely on them for combos.
something like that is hardly justifiable though, because then other characters like Bowser (Horns) or Peach & Rosalina (crown) need the same treatment.

MainJPW

M.T.A
something like that is hardly justifiable though, because then other characters like Bowser (Horns) or Peach & Rosalina (crown) need the same treatment.
Yeah, I'd imagine they'd make K. Rool's foot stool'd animation to where his krown simply inches to the side of a characters foot so as to not clip through it, to make it look less awkward.

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
Also, his Kaptain K. Rool Outfit which of all possible costumes in the game, need to not be included. Footstool or not.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Even though it's probably not likely to ever happen, would anybody be opposed to Bluster Kong actually appearing as a minor antagonist in a future Donkey Kong game? Maybe as an accomplice to K. Rool, or just as an annoying nuisance that plays an a unique mechanic is a level, or maybe even as an end of area boss? Just an interesting thought. I could never see him being a final boss or major/main antagonist though.
Of course being me, I'd love it if he was a character. He's just so ridiculous. It'd be cool to see him in a game as a so called "rival" to Dk and the rest.

EDIT:

Last edited:

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I can't see Bluster Kong working for K.Rool. The biggest reason he dislikes DK anyway is because they both have a crush on Candy ( Though Funky's trophy states he also does, but i refuse to accept that as true ). Also this unsused Kong looks rather similar to Bluster.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
I can't see Bluster Kong working for K.Rool. The biggest reason he dislikes DK anyway is because they both have a crush on Candy ( Though Funky's trophy states he also does, but i refuse to accept that as true ). Also this unsused Kong looks rather similar to Bluster.
Yeah they seem to always get one of the DK trophy descriptions wrong in smash. I still can't forget how they said Kaptain K. Rool was King K. Rool's brother. I always used to think that it was just Sakurai and his team either being lazy or not caring enough about DK.

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
I feel like if they made a series with a lot of Nintendo's greatest villains (Bowser, K. Rool, King Dedede, Ganondorf, etc.), I would definitely buy it. Like you took control of one of the main villains and you have to traverse through the other universes to prove that yours is the best (with enemies from the different games of course). That would be an easy cash grab if you ask me.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
What do you think about a series like this?

Just reminded me how I want a new Mario vs. Donkey Kong game in the vein of the first one on the GBA; man, this game was all kinds of awesome! The new formula with Mini-Marios like Lemmings doesn't catch my attention.

but regarding about a Bowser vs. King K. Rool game; that could be a Tower Defense game.. you choose be either the leader of the Koopa Troop or of the Kremling Krew, and then make you line of defense/attack. Would be great!

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Figure I'd share this.

It's my take on Bramble Blast.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Who is that unused Kong?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Man, why does K. Rool have a bunch of Wikipedia articles in other languages but not his own in English?
I dunno, but we in this thread should collaborate to make one for him. He's certainty important enough a character for it.

This is something I've tried starting in the past, but what with my fandom, I don't have the best outside, objective view of the sorts of things that need to be covered. Maybe someone else can get started on a better outline?

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I wonder if K. Rool could ever make it into the big Mario spin-offs like Mario Kart after he makes his return. On the other hand, characters from the the Mario RPGs and Wario series have never made it; but Mario Kart Wii did have Funky Kong (though maybe only due to model similarity to DK). I think Nintendo EAD doesn't like using characters it didn't come up with. Even Diddy was cut from MK8.

And then again, I'm not sure if I'd like to see K. Rool in Mario Kart in the first place. On the other hand, it's K. Rool in Mario Kart - But it's also nice to have the DKC and Mario series have some distance between them.

In any case, if K. Rool made it in, what do you think his emblem should be? In case you don't know what I mean, emblems are these things.

In Barrel Blast, which also featured emblem-like designs on the the barrels, K.Rool's was a simple krown. But I feel like that's too boring, and Peach already has a crown as her emblem. I think I've seen some kind of Kremling jolly roger that could work, but I can't find it.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I dunno, but we in this thread should collaborate to make one for him. He's certainty important enough a character for it.

This is something I've tried starting in the past, but what with my fandom, I don't have the best outside, objective view of the sorts of things that need to be covered. Maybe someone else can get started on a better outline?
I'm pretty sure he HAD one in the past, but I guess they removed it because he's not been important enough recently.

InsaneStar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Johan7
3DS FC
2492-4240-2632
Been a while I haven't posted anything since I'm a lurker for a long time and finally saying something (I'm shy). Sign me up* for this, cause I'm starting to like K. Rool. I played only two of the DK games, DKC (years ago) and DK64 (present). When I looked at King K. Rool at first in DKC, I felt kind of odd because he looked weird. And years later, got interested in him. We need more villains in Smash since we got 3. [Bowser, Bowser Jr. (Koopalings), and Ganondorf.]

I did some art in Miiverse to vote for K. Rool and some fan-art of him about a 'What if' he had a son to get even with Bowser since he has Bowser Jr. And I went, sure let's go with that. Art 1 and 2. Links SFW cause I go to a furry website, is that OK?

*Don't put that video about 'You're one of us'. It's getting repetitive. (Rolls eyes)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, not being important recently shouldn't be a problem, considering that Wart has a separate article.
I'm not saying they were justified in removing it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Donkey_Kong_characters#K._Rool

Oddly, his listing here misses about half of his appearances. It ignores King of Swing, Jungle Climber, Barrel Blast, and all of the Land games. Special mention could even go to Konga, where he appears in a minor role, and in Diddy Kong Racing, where he's mentioned in the backstory of Krunch.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Oh. It's in the pirate hats. I'm an idiot.

But yeah, I think the kremling jolly roger would make a good emblem for Rool if he were to ever appear in a Mario Kart or something like that.

I might try to make an updated version of it that has color and such (unless one already exists?). It would be nice to use in all kinds of campaign posters too.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Been a while I haven't posted anything since I'm a lurker for a long time and finally saying something (I'm shy). Sign me up* for this, cause I'm starting to like K. Rool. I played only two of the DK games, DKC (years ago) and DK64 (present). When I looked at King K. Rool at first in DKC, I felt kind of odd because he looked weird. And years later, got interested in him. We need more villains in Smash since we got 3. [Bowser, Bowser Jr. (Koopalings), and Ganondorf.]

I did some art in Miiverse to vote for K. Rool and some fan-art of him about a 'What if' he had a son to get even with Bowser since he has Bowser Jr. And I went, sure let's go with that. Art 1 and 2. Links SFW cause I go to a furry website, is that OK?

*Don't put that video about 'You're one of us'. It's getting repetitive. (Rolls eyes)
Alright, I won't post the "One of us" video. An initiation is still in order though :troll::troll::troll::troll:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Welcome

Last edited:

Slidin

Smash Rookie
I've been lurking this thread for a while now, but have finally decided to post here. So where should I begin?

Well, my favourite video game character is Pac-Man, if you couldn't already tell. I've wanted him in Smash for as long as I can remember, and got even more motivated when I saw Sonic and Snake in Brawl. Once Smash 4 was unveiled, I knew the character I wanted in the most would be Pac-Man, and I was pretty confident after seeing Megaman getting unveiled and hearing about Namco Bandai helping in development. Well, once E3 2014 came, my wish was granted and Pac was in the game, even sporting the exact design/model I wished he had!
:4pacman:

After hearing about the DLC functionality with the Mewtwo announcement, I knew I had wanted Lucas back the most as I think he and Wolf were cut unfairly. To my surprise, he was unveiled on the April 1st direct! Yet another character I wanted into the game made the cut, and I was as happy as ever. But it does not stop there, as the Fighter Ballot was announced a few moments later.
:4lucas:

One thing I never understood was why good ol' King K. Rool wasn't in Smash. By Melee, DK still only had one rep, which struck me as odd since the other series had gained multiple, but I shook it off. By Brawl, Diddy was added and everything seemed fine. In Smash 4 however, I thought K. Rool was a given choice, and full on expected him to be added. He wasn't, and now DK has two reps when Kid Icarus has three and Fire Emblem has five? Something seems a little wrong here. All the characters I had previously wanted are in, but K. Rool is not. This is why King K. Rool is my number one pick for a Smash DLC newcomer, amongst many other reasons.

So Kutthroats, don't lose hope in your character as I never did in Pac-Man and Lucas. I think the King has a really good chance, and you guys seem to be the biggest support group of any character I have witnessed. Just keep doing what you are doing, and your wish will come true. Wait a second... why do I keep using the word 'your'? I guess I am a Kutthroat now as well!

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Welcome.

So what you guys think of my K. Rool arts?
I like em'!
I've been lurking this thread for a while now, but have finally decided to post here. So where should I begin?

Well, my favourite video game character is Pac-Man, if you couldn't already tell. I've wanted him in Smash for as long as I can remember, and got even more motivated when I saw Sonic and Snake in Brawl. Once Smash 4 was unveiled, I knew the character I wanted in the most would be Pac-Man, and I was pretty confident after seeing Megaman getting unveiled and hearing about Namco Bandai helping in development. Well, once E3 2014 came, my wish was granted and Pac was in the game, even sporting the exact design/model I wished he had!
:4pacman:

After hearing about the DLC functionality with the Mewtwo announcement, I knew I had wanted Lucas back the most as I think he and Wolf were cut unfairly. To my surprise, he was unveiled on the April 1st direct! Yet another character I wanted into the game made the cut, and I was as happy as ever. But it does not stop there, as the Fighter Ballot was announced a few moments later.
:4lucas:

One thing I never understood was why good ol' King K. Rool wasn't in Smash. By Melee, DK still only had one rep, which struck me as odd since the other series had gained multiple, but I shook it off. By Brawl, Diddy was added and everything seemed fine. In Smash 4 however, I thought K. Rool was a given choice, and full on expected him to be added. He wasn't, and now DK has two reps when Kid Icarus has three and Fire Emblem has five? Something seems a little wrong here. All the characters I had previously wanted are in, but K. Rool is not. This is why King K. Rool is my number one pick for a Smash DLC newcomer, amongst many other reasons.

So Kutthroats, don't lose hope in your character as I never did in Pac-Man and Lucas. I think the King has a really good chance, and you guys seem to be the biggest support group of any character I have witnessed. Just keep doing what you are doing, and your wish will come true. Wait a second... why do I keep using the word 'your'? I guess I am a Kutthroat now as well!

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Even more slammin' done for the Kampaign! Take a gander below:

They just need the messages to be slammed into their heads, I guess...

Top Bottom