• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
If/when K. Rool gets confirmed, I feel like Smashboards will be Crashboards and no one will be doing too much posting lol
If and when our beloved King gets confirmed, I want to see ALL the Kutthroats' collective pics and videos of him everyday. Its going to be amazing if Sakurai injects K. Rool with all of the personality he is known and loved for. The little things matter a lot in Smash and I feel Sakurai did an excellent job with characters like:4megaman:, :4dedede:, and :4pacman: in this game, especially in terms of personality!

Last edited:

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure I'd be too excited over all the darn announcment in general. Cause I assume they'd announce more then just one character.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
And, according to this thread, K. Rool would be a clone of :4bowser::4bowserjr::4falcon::4charizard::4darkpit::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4gaw::4greninja::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucas::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4megaman::4metaknight::4mewtwo::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4ness::4olimar::4palutena::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4rob::4robinm::rosalina::4feroy::4ryu::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4villager::4wario2::4wiifit::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss:(Remember, you all made his clone movesets to prove this. :troll:)
This reminds me, I had a dream that I was in Smash Bros. I had some cool moves:

Neutral Special was using the Wii remote to shot laser blasts similar to Palutena's explosive flame (the Wii remote was even used as a tether recovery).

Side Special was Wario's shoulder charge from Wario Land.

Up Special was using a Tanooki suit to fly upwards.

But the Down Special was the most awesome thing ever:
What happened was I would pull out a Wii U Gamepad for a couple seconds and hold it in front of me, whoever came in the hitbox of the Gamepad (a moderate range) would get stunned. Then I'd start to glow and transform into whoever was in front of me. I would even copy their custom specials. The down side is the transformation would only last 10 seconds then I could not use it for another 40 seconds.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
This reminds me, I had a dream that I was in Smash Bros. I had some cool moves:

Neutral Special was using the Wii remote to shot laser blasts similar to Palutena's explosive flame (the Wii remote was even used as a tether recovery).

Side Special was Wario's shoulder charge from Wario Land.

Up Special was using a Tanooki suit to fly upwards.

But the Down Special was the most awesome thing ever:
What happened was I would pull out a Wii U Gamepad for a couple seconds and hold it in front of me, whoever came in the hitbox of the Gamepad (a moderate range) would get stunned. Then I'd start to glow and transform into whoever was in front of me. I would even copy their custom specials. The down side is the transformation would only last 10 seconds then I could not use it for another 40 seconds.
Sooo... You were more accurate than the Wario in the actual game?

Nice dream btw

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I love the idea of K. Rool sucking up characters into his blunderbuss and having their legs stick out, kicking around. I think that would be hilarious.

I'm still amazed at how many new people we're getting, how much Nintendo's been talking up about listening to fan demand after the pouring in of K. Rool playable fighter requests, so many hints that the costume is only a tease with little in the way of a deconfirmation, and how thinks have managed to stay positive and civil here.

I sound like a broken record when I say this, but damn it all if I'm not proud of how far we come for a krooked krocodile with a glorious girth.

Speaking of, I will have a short little list of what I think would be a cool moveset, and I will do this with the blunderbuss in mind as if it is never removed:

Normals:
-Jab: Quick punch followed up with a blunderbuss strike (think DK's jab)
-Ftilt: Bites with his jaws
-Dtilt: Swipes with a free hand
-Utilt: Swings his blunderbuss above him in an arc
-Dash Attack: Blasts his blunderbuss behind him, charging forward in a rush (DKC2)

Aerials:
-Nair: K. Rool flails out his limbs, tail, and gut, striking all around himself as a combo breaker
-Fair: Blasts his blunderuss infront of him, sending him slightly backwards
-Bair: If he has a tail, he swings it behind himself. Likely he will, since Rare design with the costume
-Dair: Blasts his blunderbuss beneath him, acting as a meteor smash
-Uair: Swings his free arm above him

Grabs: K. Rool uses his blunderbuss to suck in enemies ala Kirby's inhale before grabbing them
-Pummel: K. Rool repeatedly smacks the enemy with the butt of his blunderbuss
-Fthrow: K. Rool blasts the enemy with his blunderbuss, sending them flying diagonally
-Uthrow: K. Rool summons a blast barrel which he throws the enemy into, pointing to the sky right after as the barrel blasts the enemy directly upwards
-Bthrow: Tosses his enemy behind him, this is a weaker throw that is meant to lead into combos should they exist
-Dthrow: K. Rool throws the enemy into the ground and stomping them with one foot, sending them only slightly into the air for a followup attack

Specials:
-Netural Special - Cannonball: K. Rool charges a projectile. Tapping this button sends out a cannonball at an arcing trajectory and can be picked up. Holding this button down for a few seconds will send out a painful spiked cannonball that destroys enemy projectiles and bounces along the terrain before disappearing and cannot be picked up or reflected like a Gordo. If the button is held down too far, the blunderbuss will explode in his face, causing minor damage and stunning K. Rool briefly while he stares dumbfounded and burntfaced at the camera (DKC2)

-Side Special - Krown Toss: K. Rool's signature move. He plucks his crown off his head and throws it at the enemy like a boomerang. If he stays idle he will look at the camera mouth agape as he did in DKC1, but otherwise can move normally. (People have mentioned that K. Rool should be stationary in this move, if he was, it would be garbage and no one would use it. as you could simply reflect, dodge, jump over, etc. the krown and get a free hard punish on Rool, not unless the krown had killer damage which I doubt). (DKC1)

- (Option A) Down Special - Klap Trap: K. Rool throws a Klap Trap down on the ground where it bounces about madly for a few moments. If an enemy gets too close to it, the Klap Trap will leap at the enemy and bite them, causing them to repeatedly flinch like the Metroid AT but to a much lesser degree. The Klap Trap will jump off the screen if left for too long. Only one Klap Trap can be out at a time.

-(Option B) Down Special - Electrodes: K. Rool throws a stationary electrode on the ground. It causes minor damage to an opponent but must land on a solid surface before it activates. K. Rool can throw up to two of these at a time, and if the electrodes are within reasonable distance of each other and have line of sight, it will arc in a powerful lightning bolt trap that damages opponents caught in it. These can be dropped while using the up special. (DKC3)

-Up Special - Kopter: K. Rool dons his Kopter pack from DKC3. This replaces his cape should he have one in his current costume. It will also hide the Rocket Belt wearable item ala Diddy's barrel jetpack. K. Rool gains more vertical momentum than horizantal to contrast with DK, being similar to Snake but not with much height. There is a disjointed hitbox at the top of the kopter to defend attacks from above, and K. Rool can drop electrodes below him, but is helpless from the sides. This move can be canceled early to quickly navigate platforms with a degree of safety.

Final Smash:

Option A - Kredits: K. Rool collapses on the ground when red kredits begin to roll, siting various Kremlings for certain aspects of game design. The kredits themselves are randomly placed as they quickly vertically ascend so they are not too predictable to dodge. If enemies can't descend quick enough they will be KO'd from the top of the screen. (DKC1)

Optoin B- Cannonball Drop: Should Kredits feel too lack luster and easily avoidable (unless the kredits themselves damage enemies preventing them from simply hopping off the ascending names), K. Rool will drop cannonballs as he did in the original Donkey Kong Country. They drop at random locations and heavily damage enemies they encounter. Just prior to the Final Smash ending, the cannonballs will briefly drop at greatly increased frequency and velocity. (DKC1)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think literally everyone who cares about Wario's moveset really dislikes the new Forward Smash.
It replaced his most iconic move with something so generic...
I don't really care about Wario that much, though I plan on getting Wario Land 4 in the future. However, as cool as a backhand punch is, nothing can replace the shoulder bash

FrankTheStud

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrankDaStud
I love the idea of K. Rool sucking up characters into his blunderbuss and having their legs stick out, kicking around. I think that would be hilarious.

I'm still amazed at how many new people we're getting, how much Nintendo's been talking up about listening to fan demand after the pouring in of K. Rool playable fighter requests, so many hints that the costume is only a tease with little in the way of a deconfirmation, and how thinks have managed to stay positive and civil here.

I sound like a broken record when I say this, but damn it all if I'm not proud of how far we come for a krooked krocodile with a glorious girth.

Speaking of, I will have a short little list of what I think would be a cool moveset, and I will do this with the blunderbuss in mind as if it is never removed:

Normals:
-Jab: Quick punch followed up with a blunderbuss strike (think DK's jab)
-Ftilt: Bites with his jaws
-Dtilt: Swipes with a free hand
-Utilt: Swings his blunderbuss above him in an arc
-Dash Attack: Blasts his blunderbuss behind him, charging forward in a rush (DKC2)

Aerials:
-Nair: K. Rool flails out his limbs, tail, and gut, striking all around himself as a combo breaker
-Fair: Blasts his blunderuss infront of him, sending him slightly backwards
-Bair: If he has a tail, he swings it behind himself. Likely he will, since Rare design with the costume
-Dair: Blasts his blunderbuss beneath him, acting as a meteor smash
-Uair: Swings his free arm above him

Grabs: K. Rool uses his blunderbuss to suck in enemies ala Kirby's inhale before grabbing them
-Pummel: K. Rool repeatedly smacks the enemy with the butt of his blunderbuss
-Fthrow: K. Rool blasts the enemy with his blunderbuss, sending them flying diagonally
-Uthrow: K. Rool summons a blast barrel which he throws the enemy into, pointing to the sky right after as the barrel blasts the enemy directly upwards
-Bthrow: Tosses his enemy behind him, this is a weaker throw that is meant to lead into combos should they exist
-Dthrow: K. Rool throws the enemy into the ground and stomping them with one foot, sending them only slightly into the air for a followup attack

Specials:
-Netural Special - Cannonball: K. Rool charges a projectile. Tapping this button sends out a cannonball at an arcing trajectory and can be picked up. Holding this button down for a few seconds will send out a painful spiked cannonball that destroys enemy projectiles and bounces along the terrain before disappearing and cannot be picked up or reflected like a Gordo. If the button is held down too far, the blunderbuss will explode in his face, causing minor damage and stunning K. Rool briefly while he stares dumbfounded and burntfaced at the camera (DKC2)

-Side Special - Krown Toss: K. Rool's signature move. He plucks his crown off his head and throws it at the enemy like a boomerang. If he stays idle he will look at the camera mouth agape as he did in DKC1, but otherwise can move normally. (People have mentioned that K. Rool should be stationary in this move, if he was, it would be garbage and no one would use it. as you could simply reflect, dodge, jump over, etc. the krown and get a free hard punish on Rool, not unless the krown had killer damage which I doubt). (DKC1)

- (Option A) Down Special - Klap Trap: K. Rool throws a Klap Trap down on the ground where it bounces about madly for a few moments. If an enemy gets too close to it, the Klap Trap will leap at the enemy and bite them, causing them to repeatedly flinch like the Metroid AT but to a much lesser degree. The Klap Trap will jump off the screen if left for too long. Only one Klap Trap can be out at a time.

-(Option B) Down Special - Electrodes: K. Rool throws a stationary electrode on the ground. It causes minor damage to an opponent but must land on a solid surface before it activates. K. Rool can throw up to two of these at a time, and if the electrodes are within reasonable distance of each other and have line of sight, it will arc in a powerful lightning bolt trap that damages opponents caught in it. These can be dropped while using the up special. (DKC3)

-Up Special - Kopter: K. Rool dons his Kopter pack from DKC3. This replaces his cape should he have one in his current costume. It will also hide the Rocket Belt wearable item ala Diddy's barrel jetpack. K. Rool gains more vertical momentum than horizantal to contrast with DK, being similar to Snake but not with much height. There is a disjointed hitbox at the top of the kopter to defend attacks from above, and K. Rool can drop electrodes below him, but is helpless from the sides. This move can be canceled early to quickly navigate platforms with a degree of safety.

Final Smash:

Option A - Kredits: K. Rool collapses on the ground when red kredits begin to roll, siting various Kremlings for certain aspects of game design. The kredits themselves are randomly placed as they quickly vertically ascend so they are not too predictable to dodge. If enemies can't descend quick enough they will be KO'd from the top of the screen. (DKC1)

Optoin B- Cannonball Drop: Should Kredits feel too lack luster and easily avoidable (unless the kredits themselves damage enemies preventing them from simply hopping off the ascending names), K. Rool will drop cannonballs as he did in the original Donkey Kong Country. They drop at random locations and heavily damage enemies they encounter. Just prior to the Final Smash ending, the cannonballs will briefly drop at greatly increased frequency and velocity. (DKC1)
Your moveset idea is genius!! Bravo, sir!!!

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
For K Rools final smash, my thought is it is a "cutscenes" not unlike Shulk's or Falcon's where K Rool is sent flying off and it goes to the result screen with the affected players doing their winning pose. K Rool, instead of clapping, jumps out of his pane and knocks them off screen, which makes the fight go back to the stage doing high damage and knock back to the recipients of the attack. For a cherry on top, the announcer will sound confused, "And the winner is...wait, WHAT!?"

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Hey Guys, what if (I am stressing the "what if") King K. Rool's moveset will be based solely on his appearance in Donkey Kong Country 1? Just as a "What if"-scenario, what kind of moves do you think he will have?

I wanna have a go at it, first:

OVERVIEW

King K. Rool, a heavyweight fighter with surprising agility is krushing the kompetition!

As the obese King of the Kremlings, K. Rool's overall jump height leaves much to be desired, his air and ground speed are above average, however. With his giant muscular body, the King packs a serious wallop and can take shots as well as Bowser, ranking him in the Royal weight tier.
In order to use K. Rool to his full potential, the player needs to be smart and calculative, using the Kings vast array of moves to trick and fake out his opponents in order to go for the kritikal blow!

STANDARD MOVES

Jab: A two-part claw swiping attack. not much range, but comes out and ends fairly quickly.

s-tilt: The King thrusts his royal belly forwards, with a high knockback sweetspot right at the navel. lacks range, but the sweetspot kills and sends opponents almost horizontally.

u-tilt: in a truly kingly fashion, K. Rool grabs his crown and swings his over his head, before putting it back ontop iof it. Great to stop arial approaches, but has some endlag due to the royal replacement of the crown.

d-tilt: K. Rool uses his tail to swipe at the opponent's feet. His farthest reaching move, comes out quickly and has a trip chance.
The range still isn't great though.

AERIAL MOVES

n-air: A Belly flop. It's been suggested here thousands of times and is really one of the only sensible options for the King.

f-air: a ferocious double handed overhead swipe, with a high knockback sweetspot near the end of the animation.

b-air: Like a crocodile who doesn't want to be disturbed, K. Rool lunges his jaws behind him with lightning speed, taking a bite out of anyone foolish enough to be caught by his sharp teeth. During the animation, K.Rools head gets a bit bigger (imagine Mario & Co's Up smash) and the biting animation starts playing. The mouth clothing is actually a dragging multi-hit attack, similar to G&W's turtle or Falco's f-air

u-air: King K. Rool takes his cape into his claw and swipes above his head. Huge hitbox thanks to the cape, not to speak of the absolutely royal appearance of the move. A good juggle move when combined with K. Rools fast falling speed.

d-air: BUTT SLAM. What else? seriously, did you expect anything else? comes with tiny shockwaves on landing and has a burying effect at the center. Also a suicide spiking move. Go for the disrespect, my lord!

SMASH MOVES

f-smash: a rather different side smash. K.Rool is, upon release of the attack, throwing himself forward, belly first, trying to crush anyone in front of him under his weight. Because of the forward momentum and the low hit box, this move is nice for edgeguarding. Also spikes people camping on the ledge.

d-smash: A wild Rolling on the spot attack, much like the "death roll" done by real crocodiles. Not that much KB, but a good "get off of me" option.

u-smash: A kingly head butt

SPECIAL MOVES

B: Crown Toss

Well what else is there to say, really? K. Rool throws his shiny headpiece like a boomerang. The crown his a slight dragging effect on hit (think water shuriken but weaker) and the King can act freely while the crown travels. The range is decent, but not as high as, i.e. Link's boomerang. The moves is rather designed to give the King a way to stun his foes or even drag them towards him while he goes for one of his hard hitting, slow moves. (crown-return drag into sweetspot f-tilt, for example)

Side B: Kremling Patrol

K. Rool uses his loyal minions in battle!
After striking a commanding pose, one of three different types of Kremlings spawns in front of him, walking across the stage (maybe even going for different attacks). The three Kremlings are the more common Kritters, the medium-chance Klumps and, of course, the rarely appearing Krushas, all with different health points, respectively. Knocking them out isn't too tricky and there can only be one Kremling on the field per K. Rool, but they offer a nice distraction and stage Kontrol, something unusual for a Heavy-weight fighter.

Up B: Kannonball

The Kannonball as an Up B? Well yes! While on the ground, K Rool lifts a Kannonball over his head and throws it. almost no range whatsoever and huge endlag, but as long as the ball stays out in front of him it blocks projectiles. does a little bounce when hitting the ground before disappearing. thrown kannonball does decent damage. Falls extremely quickly (notable when thrown off stage) and gives upwards-knockback (no easy kills by chucking the ball at recovering enemies).
When used mid-air, however, the King hurls the ball under him, giving himself a big upward thrust!

Down B: Krem Fakeout

The King plays dead and attacks afterwards with his jaw or tail.
THIS IS NOT A COUNTER!
During the play-dead animation, the king actually as super armor while the move itself can be B-reversed during that time, deciding wether to his with the tail or mouth.
The mouth does more damage and sends opponents in a roughly 45 degree angle, while the tail has less knockback but sends them more horizontally. It's a little similar to Ryu's focus attack in that regard, but a little toned down on account of K. Rool being hard enough to knockout as he is.

GRABS AND THROWS

Grab animation: A simple claw swipe-like grab. Holds his foe with one claw

Pummel: rams his shoulder into the enemy while giving him a closer look with his bloodshot eye. your typical slow pummel.

F-throw: Tosses his opponent away in a disregardful manner. (arm is stretched out while K.Rool turns his head away, closing his eyes). Can kill at high % near the ledge. dangerous in combination with Rool's high ground speed.

B-throw: The King swings his opponent behind him and sends them flying with a good bodyblow. most damaging throw

U-throw: K. Rool grabs his opponent with both claws, gives them the evil eye and throws them above his head. low KB

D-throw: Our reptilian boy slams the opponent on the ground and starts to jump onto his back 2 times. The jumping looks like the ones he does in DKC before he causes the cannonball rain. The first jump in a bit less high than the second one. The second jump sends the opponent flying away. Can combo into another arial (preferably U-air)

TAUNTS

Up-Taunt: K. Rool rubs his belly while licking his lips

Side-Taunt: King K. looks at the screen in a surprised manner (similar to when he throws the crown in DKC)

Down-taunt: King K. Rool let's out his famous "ANK!" throw and falls over, just to stand back up again.

VICTORY AND DEFEAT ANIMATIONS (as if he needs a defeat one...)

Victories:

1. A wild tantrum of snapping his jaws all around, with a dramatic turn towards the camera in the end

2. walks into the screen while coverin ghim with his cape, then throwing his cape behind him, striking a biceps-flex.

3. Falls over, twitching a little. The camera then zooms close to his face just in time for K. Rool opening his bloodshot eye while striking a smile.

Defeat: The king slowly claps, his closed, looking like he is mumbling something to himself

So, this is my DKC1-only moveset. Personally, I love the blunderbuss and all his other gadgets. This was just a test to see if a DKC1-style moveset can be done.

What's your opinion on it, fellow Krem-Krew members? I'd actually be happy with something like this, even tho you cannot underestimate the blunderbuss!

Love ya all :)

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I'd like to K. Rool's Bair to be an elbow strike. Just so that, upon landing on the ground with it, he gets to do a brief "sexy Bowser" pose.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I wonder what this says. Big King K. Rool JP fan I follow RT'd it but I'm not sure if it is an angry rant, some sort of joke, or something else. The tweet has K. Rool's JP name. Seems to be getting attention, just putting it out there in case someone with JP skills can understand it. Might be good to RT but since it's an image, can't even get vague clue about what it entails. Might be inappropriate or something. Only know that big JP DK/K.Rool fan RT'd it, but I dunno. Best to get more clarification before taking action.

Last edited:
The same guy who detracted K. Rool earlier is detracting him again in the Wolf thread. I told him to post his arguments here, let's see if he does that this time.

EDIT: He just said he won't post them here because "we don't listen to facts and circle jerk defend K. Rool to death" and "it would like asking a bird to fly into a cat's mouth."

EDIT 2: I tried to counter his arguments and it didn't end well... I made myself look like a fool... last time when I'm trying to counter arguments against character alone in other character's thread...

Last edited:

InsaneHippo

Smash Cadet
I wonder what this says. Big King K. Rool JP fan I follow RT'd it but I'm not sure if it is an angry rant, some sort of joke, or something else. The tweet has K. Rool's JP name. Seems to be getting attention, just putting it out there in case someone with JP skills can understand it. Might be good to RT but since it's an image, can't even get vague clue about what it entails. Might be inappropriate or something. Only know that big JP DK/K.Rool fan RT'd it, but I dunno. Best to get more clarification before taking action.

this is what i got from google translate when i translated the image:

"Poor is the way to the release of the tapping of a demand and I wish's poor to Sakurai-kun! All the really want users this! (King Couleur) This was war and Is In the original reproduction perfection, you want to do a big brawl in Donkey opponent. Probably I? It's I, it'm Tteyuu will cheat in here the pale in mii costume because put the value at too man-hours "Sakurai-kun,'m bad do it jar! you do not ... use it when I try to the long-awaited exhilarating at once of large brawl in a few years . was Couleur does not ... clean at all Is the flickering, he remains with the mind of the poison - i of I DLC difference,'m dispensing'm no good I Okya been tightly do | you've done it is to say that it is next work Mon and I would be a comforting"

im gonna take a shot in the dark and assume its talking about the costume not being the proper representation k rool deserves.
The same guy who detracted K. Rool earlier is detracting him again in the Wolf thread. I told him to post his arguments here, let's see if he does that this time.

EDIT: He just said he won't post them here because "People don't listen to facts they just circle jerk defend to the death, might as well ask a bird to fly into a cat's mouth."
thats slang for "i have no arguments"

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
People should stop trying to get patterns out of Sakurai. By now it's obvious he adds who he wants anyway. The King's hiatus don't mean anything if he dislikes him anyway, same with the votes. I wouldn't put it past him too to just hide the results, add who he wants from the top 10 and call it a day.
Thats exzactly what i think is gonna happen

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
To be honest, Shantae has a reasonable shot, guys. Her popularity has increased by the day, and is starting to become a character that could get chosen by Sakurai (in my eyes). And like I have said in other threads, she is leaving the pit of obscurity. While she won't ever exceed the demand for the king, she is at least a desired character that has a reasonable shot for a third party spot.

(Yes, I know this is the King's thread, but I had a need to point the above out due to the discussion on the other page).
Yh but..lets be real...K.Rool is more famous, loved & voted than Shantae but if she makes it in and he doesnt then i dunno what to say....about Sakurai...

I do really think Shantae will be added and if costumes dont deconfirm characters then i could definitely see Inklings as for the 3rd character im not sure...,

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

EDIT: He just said he won't post them here because "we don't listen to facts and circle jerk defend K. Rool to death" and "it would like asking a bird to fly into a cat's mouth."

EDIT 2: I tried to counter his arguments and it didn't end well... I made myself look like a fool... last time when I'm trying to counter arguments against character alone in other character's thread...
Just report him for off-topic discussion next time.

Briokinho said:
People should stop trying to get patterns out of Sakurai. By now it's obvious he adds who he wants anyway. The King's hiatus don't mean anything if he dislikes him anyway, same with the votes. I wouldn't put it past him too to just hide the results, add who he wants from the top 10 and call it a day.
Of course the results are going to be hidden. Does anyone seriously expect Nintendo to come out and say "We received 15,352,761 votes for this character. We received 78,093,278 votes for this character"? It's not going to happen, and it's completely unreasonable to expect it to. They are going to reveal the characters, say they were chosen based on the poll, and that's it. We are never going to know how many votes each character received, how many votes for Goku or Shrek there were, or anything like that, and it's ridiculous to think otherwise.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Hey Guys, what if (I am stressing the "what if") King K. Rool's moveset will be based solely on his appearance in Donkey Kong Country 1? Just as a "What if"-scenario, what kind of moves do you think he will have?

I wanna have a go at it, first:

OVERVIEW

King K. Rool, a heavyweight fighter with surprising agility is krushing the kompetition!

As the obese King of the Kremlings, K. Rool's overall jump height leaves much to be desired, his air and ground speed are above average, however. With his giant muscular body, the King packs a serious wallop and can take shots as well as Bowser, ranking him in the Royal weight tier.
In order to use K. Rool to his full potential, the player needs to be smart and calculative, using the Kings vast array of moves to trick and fake out his opponents in order to go for the kritikal blow!

STANDARD MOVES

Jab: A two-part claw swiping attack. not much range, but comes out and ends fairly quickly.

s-tilt: The King thrusts his royal belly forwards, with a high knockback sweetspot right at the navel. lacks range, but the sweetspot kills and sends opponents almost horizontally.

u-tilt: in a truly kingly fashion, K. Rool grabs his crown and swings his over his head, before putting it back ontop iof it. Great to stop arial approaches, but has some endlag due to the royal replacement of the crown.

d-tilt: K. Rool uses his tail to swipe at the opponent's feet. His farthest reaching move, comes out quickly and has a trip chance.
The range still isn't great though.

AERIAL MOVES

n-air: A Belly flop. It's been suggested here thousands of times and is really one of the only sensible options for the King.

f-air: a ferocious double handed overhead swipe, with a high knockback sweetspot near the end of the animation.

b-air: Like a crocodile who doesn't want to be disturbed, K. Rool lunges his jaws behind him with lightning speed, taking a bite out of anyone foolish enough to be caught by his sharp teeth. During the animation, K.Rools head gets a bit bigger (imagine Mario & Co's Up smash) and the biting animation starts playing. The mouth clothing is actually a dragging multi-hit attack, similar to G&W's turtle or Falco's f-air

u-air: King K. Rool takes his cape into his claw and swipes above his head. Huge hitbox thanks to the cape, not to speak of the absolutely royal appearance of the move. A good juggle move when combined with K. Rools fast falling speed.

d-air: BUTT SLAM. What else? seriously, did you expect anything else? comes with tiny shockwaves on landing and has a burying effect at the center. Also a suicide spiking move. Go for the disrespect, my lord!

SMASH MOVES

f-smash: a rather different side smash. K.Rool is, upon release of the attack, throwing himself forward, belly first, trying to crush anyone in front of him under his weight. Because of the forward momentum and the low hit box, this move is nice for edgeguarding. Also spikes people camping on the ledge.

d-smash: A wild Rolling on the spot attack, much like the "death roll" done by real crocodiles. Not that much KB, but a good "get off of me" option.

u-smash: A kingly head butt

SPECIAL MOVES

B: Crown Toss

Well what else is there to say, really? K. Rool throws his shiny headpiece like a boomerang. The crown his a slight dragging effect on hit (think water shuriken but weaker) and the King can act freely while the crown travels. The range is decent, but not as high as, i.e. Link's boomerang. The moves is rather designed to give the King a way to stun his foes or even drag them towards him while he goes for one of his hard hitting, slow moves. (crown-return drag into sweetspot f-tilt, for example)

Side B: Kremling Patrol

K. Rool uses his loyal minions in battle!
After striking a commanding pose, one of three different types of Kremlings spawns in front of him, walking across the stage (maybe even going for different attacks). The three Kremlings are the more common Kritters, the medium-chance Klumps and, of course, the rarely appearing Krushas, all with different health points, respectively. Knocking them out isn't too tricky and there can only be one Kremling on the field per K. Rool, but they offer a nice distraction and stage Kontrol, something unusual for a Heavy-weight fighter.

Up B: Kannonball

The Kannonball as an Up B? Well yes! While on the ground, K Rool lifts a Kannonball over his head and throws it. almost no range whatsoever and huge endlag, but as long as the ball stays out in front of him it blocks projectiles. does a little bounce when hitting the ground before disappearing. thrown kannonball does decent damage. Falls extremely quickly (notable when thrown off stage) and gives upwards-knockback (no easy kills by chucking the ball at recovering enemies).
When used mid-air, however, the King hurls the ball under him, giving himself a big upward thrust!

Down B: Krem Fakeout

The King plays dead and attacks afterwards with his jaw or tail.
THIS IS NOT A COUNTER!
During the play-dead animation, the king actually as super armor while the move itself can be B-reversed during that time, deciding wether to his with the tail or mouth.
The mouth does more damage and sends opponents in a roughly 45 degree angle, while the tail has less knockback but sends them more horizontally. It's a little similar to Ryu's focus attack in that regard, but a little toned down on account of K. Rool being hard enough to knockout as he is.

GRABS AND THROWS

Grab animation: A simple claw swipe-like grab. Holds his foe with one claw

Pummel: rams his shoulder into the enemy while giving him a closer look with his bloodshot eye. your typical slow pummel.

F-throw: Tosses his opponent away in a disregardful manner. (arm is stretched out while K.Rool turns his head away, closing his eyes). Can kill at high % near the ledge. dangerous in combination with Rool's high ground speed.

B-throw: The King swings his opponent behind him and sends them flying with a good bodyblow. most damaging throw

U-throw: K. Rool grabs his opponent with both claws, gives them the evil eye and throws them above his head. low KB

D-throw: Our reptilian boy slams the opponent on the ground and starts to jump onto his back 2 times. The jumping looks like the ones he does in DKC before he causes the cannonball rain. The first jump in a bit less high than the second one. The second jump sends the opponent flying away. Can combo into another arial (preferably U-air)

TAUNTS

Up-Taunt: K. Rool rubs his belly while licking his lips

Side-Taunt: King K. looks at the screen in a surprised manner (similar to when he throws the crown in DKC)

Down-taunt: King K. Rool let's out his famous "ANK!" throw and falls over, just to stand back up again.

VICTORY AND DEFEAT ANIMATIONS (as if he needs a defeat one...)

Victories:

1. A wild tantrum of snapping his jaws all around, with a dramatic turn towards the camera in the end

2. walks into the screen while coverin ghim with his cape, then throwing his cape behind him, striking a biceps-flex.

3. Falls over, twitching a little. The camera then zooms close to his face just in time for K. Rool opening his bloodshot eye while striking a smile.

Defeat: The king slowly claps, his closed, looking like he is mumbling something to himself

So, this is my DKC1-only moveset. Personally, I love the blunderbuss and all his other gadgets. This was just a test to see if a DKC1-style moveset can be done.

What's your opinion on it, fellow Krem-Krew members? I'd actually be happy with something like this, even tho you cannot underestimate the blunderbuss!

Love ya all :)
Claw-based attacks are probably out as they're using the clawless design.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
@ dangeraaron10 dangeraaron10 , @ G-Guy G-Guy , good stuff! I think what I like best about these movesets is that it demonstrates that you can easily make a moveset of K. Rool with moves from any of his appearances - the vast amount of kontent to work with is just amazing! :3

Sidboylol

Smash Cadet
What a lucky day today.
I've voted K. Rool at my friends house. One at his pc and one on his mobile.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
I have been quietly multi-voting via EUR and USA. I can say that my hopes are high. I am assuming the costume will NOT affect the chances of him making it in. It just makes no sense with the sheer amount of dedicated support. He should have been included since brawl, he was suggested even then.

It's just a matter of continual support over these next few months. With the president's passing, I am sure people at Nintendo are (reasonably) trying to pick up the pieces and move on. I mean I am curious as to how the Nintendo Directs will be playing out. It takes a big chunk of the style out when your main man passes away.

We shouldn't lose hope folks. Sakurai cannot deny the level of support for this character.

** as for the people arguing that this is a "circle jerk" that's funny, because most other characters are quite young, with HALF the impact on Nintendo as a whole that the DKC series had. I mean the original DKC saved the SNES.. saved..

StormC

Smash Hero
In the possibility that K. Rool doesn't make it, I can only see three outcomes:

-Wolf will be picked as the ballot "winner" and that will be that.
-Sakurai will just look at the top 25 or so and play favorites again.
-The ballot won't be used at all for DLC and saved for future titles.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

The third option still makes no sense, because the ballot specifically says "Who do you want to see as a character in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS." They did say it'd apply to future titles as well (probably not JUST Smash), but they claim they are adding characters for Wii U / 3DS. That's exactly what its for.

All three options would be extremely disappointing, the first one would mean that we got only one newcomer (I want Wolf back, but I also want some newcomers), the second one would just confirm Sakurai bias, and the third one doesn't make sense.

Top Bottom