• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I have never gave my own personal thoughts about a move set for K Rool or how he should feel, so here it is.

King K Rool would be just as heavy as Ganondorf. I figure that be best because in the wii u version, you have to get a certain score on home run contest to get his trophy. Just because he be slow doesn't mean he would be a bad character. I think they should make him slow but one of the best slow fighters in the game. King K rool would be based of the look he had in his trophy in smash 4. Looks more recent than anything.

King K rools size I think should be a little bigger than bowser, but not to big. Since King K Rool is a fat crocodile and probably be very heavy, he would actually be a lot harder to launch up in the air. Even at 90%, he wouldn't go to far.

King K Rools main attacks would be

A attacks

A: simple punch

tap A: Punch, punch with other hand, then launches at you with his mouth ( biting you )

Down A: smacks you with his giant belly

Up A: Swings his sharp claws around

Jump: jumps

side A in air: claw attack

meteor smash: similar to megamans but K Rool instead would drop down an explosive barrel, and when it hits a fighter, the

fighter goes straight down or to the side depending on what angel you hit them

Strong A attack: holds position. When released, Launches at you with full force with his mouth. Which can also have some reach

When running, King k rool can push aside the fighters just because he'll be heavy to move

Special attacks

B: The Iconic Crown Throw. Comes out and back in like a boomerang, but leaves K Rool open for a attack. Just like the original DK country game.

Side B: The blunder Bust. Shoots out a canon to the ground and then spikes pop out, comes back in. Can shoot a second one few seconds right after you shoot the first one. If you hold side B, the longer you can actually shoot

Down B: does a short hop and slams on the ground making the ground shake. If close enough, the fighters can trip

Up B: Either the jetpack or a barrel, similar to diddy but more in control.

Final Smash

For a final smash, i have a few ideas.

1: going to his ship and shooting canons to the stage attacking the fighters
2: maybe him eating the crystal coconut and just turning into a giant crocodile and destroying everything around him.
3: Flying his air craft and dropping bombs from the sky. Like the sudden death bombs but worse lol you'll be able to control where the bombs drop

Taunts

Up Taunt: King K rool would put his arms on his sides and laughs
Side Taunt: maybe have him saying "you fool"
Down Taunt: OK THIS BETTER BE HIS ACTUAL TAUNT IF HE DOES END UP AS DLC. Have him play dead! You can let it last for as long as you like. If a fighter gets close enough, you can do a surprise attack!

and for the heck of it.... make him sing "your one of us" lol full song

This isn't the greatest idea for a move set but these are just ideas of what fun things you can do with him :) Oh! for costumes

Red costume
blue costume
brown costume
white costume
pirate costume
scientist costume
and costume he wore in super mario sluggers

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Been calling it since the "Diddy Kong" trademark; Retro's new game is a DKC game and King K. Rool is going to return. Barring anti-miracles, it is only a matter of time before our King finally returns. Now what I would like to see is Grant Kirkhope also helping to compose new music as well.
It took less than a year for Diddy Kong Racing to get released on the Nintendo 64 after Mario Kart 64. Not that any of us are expecting Diddy Kong Racing 2 this year but I don't see the issue with releasing Diddy Kong Racing one and a half years after Mario Kart 8 since by the vast majority of their sales have already been made. That said, my favorite choice would be a 3D Donkey Kong game.
Again, right now I'm thinking we're most likely getting a 3D DKC game, and 50/50 on DKR. I don't see it as an either-or but a "3D DK and MAYBE DKR alongside".

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I don't think it's been posted in here yet, but Kongversation hosts Hyle and Chad had a chance to go to this year's E3, and just released a new episode detailing their interactions with all the Rare staff members in attendance. Three hours into the podcast, they drop a rather interesting tidbit muhrelevant to us as DK fans...David Wise is currently composing music for a new Nintendo project.

Whether that's a new DKC, a new 3D DK, DKR2, the odds seem good it's something relating to the franchise he's known for scoring so masterfully (it could be something unexpected from a different franchise too, to be fair, but we can keep our fingers crossed).
what exact time in the video is this confirmed? I don't have time to listen to the whole thing.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I really hope this isn't some indication of Shovel Knight coming to Smash......I have no hatred of Shovel Knight but I don't want to see him get in Smash before King K. Rool........

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/...egaton-announcement-teased-for-nintendo-fans/
I don't understand why whenever one of the top requested third-party Smash characters in past months suddenly has a big announcement for their franchise, it MUST be something related to Smash. Odds are it has NOTHING at all to do with Smash.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I don't understand why whenever one of the top requested third-party Smash characters in past months suddenly has a big announcement for their franchise, it MUST be something related to Smash. Odds are it has NOTHING at all to do with Smash.
Well again I hope it dosnt have to do with Smash. Using the term a megaton announcement in my mind means it's something of a relatively big announcement. With the Smash ballot going on and Shovel Knights popularity it isn't out of the question to wonder if it could in fact have to do with Smash. They say "it's something you may not expect" or something of that nature in their Tweet and not a lot of people expect him to get into Smash. Nintendo is trying real hard to appeal to Indy devs right now we don't know what it could be. Could even be something dumb like him getting a trophy in Smash... I wouldn't be so quick to disregard it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If we're getting Shovel Knight before King K.Rool I'll flip my ****.

That would imo be the definition of stupidity. If this happens, **** the ballot, **** everything.

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I came here straight from the Shantae topic, and see that in both topics, people are worrying over nothing...

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Let's think this through:

> Shovel Knight gets confirmed
> His popularity is entirely western
> Sakurai adds the most popular Japanese newcomer so inevitable criticisms of the DLC being too western are stemmed
> King K. Rool gets confirmed

We know there are multiple spots, after all. I don't think for a second Shovel Knight is making it in (Seriously, people on this site seem to assume anything and everything is an announcement. Remember how Roy was coming at the Fire Emblem concert, and Wolf was inevitably at E3, or the dozens of other "confirmations" before the game was released) but even if he does I still don't think it's the doom and gloom others are taking it as.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
It took less than a year for Diddy Kong Racing to get released on the Nintendo 64 after Mario Kart 64.
And due to the massive delay in the N64 releasing in Europe (it hit us an entire year after Japan and North America, in March of 1997), they were actually released within mere months of one another here. It hurt neither game.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Let's think this through:

> Shovel Knight gets confirmed
> His popularity is entirely western
> Sakurai adds the most popular Japanese newcomer so inevitable criticisms of the DLC being too western are stemmed
> King K. Rool gets confirmed

We know there are multiple spots, after all. I don't think for a second Shovel Knight is making it in (Seriously, people on this site seem to assume anything and everything is an announcement. Remember how Roy was coming at the Fire Emblem concert, and Wolf was inevitably at E3, or the dozens of other "confirmations" before the game was released) but even if he does I still don't think it's the doom and gloom others are taking it as.
How about another route
>
shiffil knit.png
never got confirmed in the first place
:4pacman:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
The 3rd of October isn't "soon" so if the MEGATON announcement is Shovel Knight in Smash, it doesn't affect K. Rool chances IMO. Sadly, I couldn't say the same for Shantae.
It's probably some exclusive content like that tweet that suggested Metaknight as a side boss.
Or maybe its a Shovel Knight trophy for Smash (if the guys at the Shovel Knight thread heard me saying this, they would impale me with their shovels).

Laniv

Smash Champion
Shovel Knight's probably not happening, buuut...

I'd take a Monty Mole over Shovel Knight.

Hyle "Slush" Russell

Smash Cadet
I don't think it's been posted in here yet, but Kongversation hosts Hyle and Chad had a chance to go to this year's E3, and just released a new episode detailing their interactions with all the Rare staff members in attendance. Three hours into the podcast, they drop a rather interesting tidbit muhrelevant to us as DK fans...David Wise is currently composing music for a new Nintendo project.

Whether that's a new DKC, a new 3D DK, DKR2, the odds seem good it's something relating to the franchise he's known for scoring so masterfully (it could be something unexpected from a different franchise too, to be fair, but we can keep our fingers crossed).
Just to clarify, we didn't learn this information from anybody at Rare, either past or present (we would never divulge it if that were the case). Our source approached US at the show and gave us this information, and I don't think they would have done that if it wasn't Donkey Kong-related.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Just to clarify, we didn't learn this information from anybody at Rare, either past or present (we would never divulge it if that were the case). Our source approached US at the show and gave us this information, and I don't think they would have done that if it wasn't Donkey Kong-related.
Thanks for the update Hyle. I mean, I can't think of anything David Wise would do for Nintendo anyway. Plus, Retro has at least one, maybe even two projects in development (based on how many people they've had employed as of last year). DK is definitely a huge possibility, whatever it may be. Someone else could even be developing a DK game.

EDIT:

Jungle Climber coming to the Japanese VC next week:
http://nintendoeverything.com/upcoming-japanese-eshop-releases-7815/

When we got King of Swing it came suddenly as well after the Japanese announcement (funnily enough, though, KoS released in NA BEFORE the Japanese version released).

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Now K.Rool's entire legacy of Antagonist roles is available on wii-u(and 3 on 3DSVC), Now the way to top it off is his epic return in a DK game, and his Epic entry into smash!

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Surely with King K. Rool getting so many votes for Smash, Nintendo will realize that people want K. Rool in DKC, too.

I hope both happens.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
So, I've not really been a part of the Smash Boards for a while, but the new DLC has recently renewed my interest in Smash after taking a couple of months off playing on PS4 and Xbox One. So I was wondering, how are the Kutthroats doing? And do we have any idea of how well the ballot is going in terms of support for King K. Rool?

I know Sakurai has said there will be more characters, a few more at least and that it will be based around fan service, so I'm very hopeful for King K. Rool once again after being burned once originally with Smash 4 and the lack of his inclusion. Hopefully I'm not being blinded by my love for the character in Smash once again, but I thought I would check in and maybe be a little more active on the boards again.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, I've not really been a part of the Smash Boards for a while, but the new DLC has recently renewed my interest in Smash after taking a couple of months off playing on PS4 and Xbox One. So I was wondering, how are the Kutthroats doing? And do we have any idea of how well the ballot is going in terms of support for King K. Rool?

I know Sakurai has said there will be more characters, a few more at least and that it will be based around fan service, so I'm very hopeful for King K. Rool once again after being burned once originally with Smash 4 and the lack of his inclusion. Hopefully I'm not being blinded by my love for the character in Smash once again, but I thought I would check in and maybe be a little more active on the boards again.
All we can know is from various fan polls on the internet. Yes, they're not the best source, but when K. Rool tops nearly every single one and Isaac is a pretty close contender as well... It sure does seem to indicate those two are the frontrunners. Some are botted, but even then K. Rool is still voted very highly.

StormC

Smash Hero
We have the biggest DLC thread by far. That should be proof enough.

Basically we are the most likely Nintendo newcomer.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
We have the biggest DLC thread by far. That should be proof enough.

Basically we are the most likely Nintendo newcomer.
And since Nintendo characters are far more likely than third-parties, that'd make K. Rool the most likely newcomer period.

Yes, we can argue "but its just Smashboards." At the same time, Smashboards is the biggest Smash-related site online. So I'd definitely say that counts for something.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Last edited:
Top Bottom