• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
The only E3 I can think that was worse than today's was the Wii Music disaster. I wish I didn't have to say that.

Where were the big Wii U games? The only new ones we got were Mario Tennis and Animal Crossing Party. That's not very good.

I'm excited for the Skylanders cameos. From the gameplay given, it looks like DK has more references to his series than he does in Smash. He uses the different barrel types as varying weapons, Diddy helps out with his peanut popguns and jetpack, and the Barrel Bongo's can be used as weapons. I'm hoping for a Kremling attack, (Klaptrap would work perfectly).

I wouldn't doubt if Metroid Prime Federation was a new IP, then due to the lukewarm reaction during the Championship they changed it to Metroid to increase sales and to help not have another Codename S.T.E.A.M. bomb.

Paper Jam and Star Fox Zero were probably the only good parts of the Digital Event. Triforce Heroes is only online Three Swords 3D. Mario Tennis is just sorta okay. Animal Crossing Party is such a tease for AC fans that want an actual Wii U game. Metroid Prime Federation is such a tease for Metroid fans that want an actual 3DS game. Mario Maker is cool, but it's not worth half the Direct.

Those are just my thoughts though.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I wouldn't doubt if Metroid Prime Federation was a new IP, then due to the lukewarm reaction during the Championship they changed it to Metroid to increase sales and to help not have another Codename S.T.E.A.M. bomb.
That's ONE F***ING DAY. This is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE. The Digital Event was likely created about a month before it aired. There's NO WAY that it was changed at the last second. You're talking about something that is literally impossible. Plus people were noticing the similarities to Metroid right from when it first announced.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
That's ONE F***ING DAY. This is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE. The Digital Event was likely created about a month before it aired. There's NO WAY that it was changed at the last second. You're talking about something that is literally impossible. Plus people were noticing the similarities to Metroid right from when it first announced.
Actually it isn't even a full day. Its a couple of hours.

EDIT - I MADE A DUR

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Actually it isn't even a full day. Its a couple of hours.
My mistake, it was two days. Where do you get a couple of hours from? It was announced on Sunday, officially shown off Tuesday. It wasn't confirmed to be Metroid when it was first announced.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Doesn't mean anything. They're just not looking at DK in Superchargers today. Don't get your hopes up for anything right now.
Oh yeah it definitely could be simply irrelevant. Either way I'm just pointing it out. Just something to add to the stew pot.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
My mistake, it was two days. Where do you get a couple of hours from? It was announced on Sunday, officially shown off Tuesday. It wasn't confirmed to be Metroid when it was first announced.
lol made the same mistake. thought the thing was yesterday. derp.

Technically still a couple of hours since you know 2 days has hours in it

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Plus people were noticing the similarities to Metroid right from when it first announced.
I've never even played a Metroid game, but I still knew that when I saw BlastBall I was like
"OK, that's Metroid in disguise."
I was correct. :4pacman:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Was I not informed that today was the only day they're showing off games? Because I'm still hyped to hopefully see more NEW stuff tomorrow and Thursday. We're getting more stuff,..... right?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I've never even played a Metroid game, but I still knew that when I saw BlastBall I was like
"OK, that's Metroid in disguise."
I was correct. :4pacman:
A ton of people kept saying it was Metroid. I even read comments of many people saying "Ok, this honestly should've just been Metroid. It looks a lot like a Metroid game."

Now when it IS a Metroid game people lose their **** over it. Granted, I think the only reason that's the case is because a proper main Metroid game wasn't announced at the same time.

Was I not informed that today was the only day they're showing off games? Because I'm still hyped to hopefully see more NEW stuff tomorrow and Thursday. We're getting more stuff,..... right?
They claimed there's supposed to be more surprises throughout the week. Last year they did announce more things on subsequent days, namely Code Name: STEAM and Pac-Man. Its definitely possible to see more games announced. The Digital Event focused on 2015/early 2016, but they could potentially announce games for later. That said, I think its more likely they'll announce said games later on in the year instead of now.

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Sure, I'll give it a go, I actually might buy Skylander now after seeing that anyway. Bowser, DK, and Diddy look fun to play as.
Great dude, can't wait to see it, I'd give it a go, but I still don't have a hang of drawing and I can't seem to get my modeling to go anywhere

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I was kinda hoping that this digital event was a joke event and then later on in the day they're like.
Here's the real direct.
We didn't get that but its fine, this E3 was mediocre for Nintendo.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I was kinda hoping that this digital event was a joke event and then later on in the day they're like.
Here's the real direct.
We didn't get that but its fine, this E3 was mediocre for Nintendo.
Meaning.... we're... getting... more? in the... next... two days.... right? Or is it not common knowledge if we are or aren't yet?

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Metroid will probably take a hiatus this generation like Star Fox did.

And... Metroid during the N64 generation.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Meaning.... we're... getting... more? in the... next... two days.... right? Or is it not common knowledge if we are or aren't yet?
Again, SUPPOSEDLY Nintendo said they have surprises all week. Don't get your hopes up, but they have announced additional games throughout E3 before.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I know it didn't really happen, it was more just a joke, but it still doesn't justify how different it is from most other Metroid titles and from what everyone was wanting.

From what we've seen there hasn't been much Metroid from the first Metroid game in years. No Samus, no Ridley, no Metroids. It might as well be a new IP, but that would sell less.

I have a question... When it came to Retro "doing their own thing" in the DKC games they developed, why was it only the villains that gave Retro "their own identity"? No new animal buddies, no new helpers (unless you count that background prop of a checkpoint), no new protagonists, ust the villain groups got changed both times... And thus far haven't really stuck with the series at all. Would you say that the villain groups that Retro developed distanced them from Rare or something else in their games made them their own entity?
Maybe RS thought that Cranky, Dixie and Diddy with their abilities made some of the animal buddies redundant? Maybe that's too harsh though.

Cranky with his cane attack underwater similar to Enguarde
Cranky's cane bopping similar to Rattly/Winky
Dixie's hovering similar to Rattly/WInky in that you can get to higher areas albeit to a lesser extent, but then again Rattly and Dixie were in DKC2 together.

Who knows.

Nothing more than what needs to be said about e3, disappointing and flat, regardless of DK content or not. Star Fox was good, the rest was "meh" for me. Though the muppet setting was a bit funny.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'm still not letting Metroid "Prime" Federation Force go. Not only does it clearly NOT have anything to do with Prime but no one else here agrees the game looks like ASS? Even by 3DS standards? I certainly hope a real Metroid is somewhere down the road.

And COME OOOOOOOOOON. Metroid Prime "Federation Force" sounds like a spin off goofy toy line. The game's models look like that too. I know it's on a handheld but really?! I wouldn't be so ticked off if we actually knew another Metroid was coming.

Not like this, Nintendo! I didn't think you can top Other M. At least Samus was PRESENT.

You know what no. I take that back. I'd rather Samus not be present in Other M.

Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way, perhaps Samus's absence in Federation Force is a good thing.

Yes I'm a hater.

No I have no shame.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I'm still not letting Metroid "Prime" Federation Force go. Not only does it clearly NOT have anything to do with Prime but no one else here agrees the game looks like ***? Even by 3DS standards? I certainly hope a real Metroid is somewhere down the road.

And COME OOOOOOOOOON. Metroid Prime "Federation Force" sounds like a spin off goofy toy line. The game's models look like that too. I know it's on a handheld but really?! I wouldn't be so ticked off if we actually knew another Metroid was coming.

Not like this, Nintendo! I didn't think you can top Other M. At least Samus was PRESENT.

You know what no. I take that back. I'd rather Samus not be present in Other M.

Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way, perhaps Samus's absence in Federation Force is a good thing.

Yes I'm a hater.

No I have no shame.
You have to remember this game is still in development, not a completed game yet. If it was we'd have had it out on the eshop today.

Last edited:

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
I do not agree with Sony wiping the floor. Yes they had a great run, but an FFIV remake is simply a fan service and not an original concept (not that Nintendo doesn't re-hash IP's LMAO). Bethesda IMO anally ***** the e3 convention. I really really liked the Fallout 4/Doom demo, trailer, etc. I am a fanboy, so I am biased. Nintendo didn't do well, definitely. It almost as if the Wii U isn't quite a priority anymore which is sad because it had so much untapped potential. 3ds is getting a good amount of titles though. DAT PIP-BOY THO!!!

Microsoft had some cool games too: Gears of War 4, Halo 5 (I'm a fanboy of those series too so again this is all IMO)

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy isn't playable, he's just in DK's vehicle I believe.
No Diddy pops into battle if DK summons him by drumming on his barrel. He comes flying in with his Rocket Barrel and DUAL PEANUT POPGUNS. That part was so hype. Really think they are throwing us some nice bones there, with some good leftover meat. Then again, I'm a sucker for anything Diddy-related.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well another bit of evidence for a NEW dk game is that towards the end of the treehouse event they didn't talk about the new DK amiibo, saying they were waiting til THURSDAY specifically to release information about it. So we're DEFINATELY geting something DK soon =DD I'm so excited. If It's a DK racing game would you guys be upset or happy? I'm not sure myself atm.
Skylander DK will be ****ing playable in Diddy Kong Racing 2 oh my GODDDDDDDDDDDDD!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
So nothing new from retro yet? Were they straight up trolling with their twitter posts? I'm REALLY hoping for something from them. : P

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Not that the current discussion wouldn't be a good one in another thread, but...this isn't another thread. Let's keep our focus on our thread's titular character, like we still need to do between now and the ballot's end in 3.5 months.

Here's a conversation kicker...if Retro's new game is DKCR3 featuring Kremlings, but it's coming out on the NX, would the Smash team use Rool's old design or reach out to Retro and incorporate in elements from the new game instead? Or imagine it's the fabled DKR2...would he have a vehicles-based moveset instead of the ones we've dreamt up based on his older weapons?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not that the current discussion wouldn't be a good one in another thread, but...this isn't another thread. Let's keep our focus on our thread's titular character, like we still need to do between now and the ballot's end in 3.5 months.

Here's a conversation kicker...if Retro's new game is DKCR3 featuring Kremlings, but it's coming out on the NX, would the Smash team use Rool's old design or reach out to Retro and incorporate in elements from the new game instead? Or imagine it's the fabled DKR2...would he have a vehicles-based moveset instead of the ones we've dreamt up based on his older weapons?
Considering that they hadn't contact Rare for Tropical Freeze of all games, I don't think the Smash team would use Rool's new design or based his weapons around vehicles just because "OMG NEW APPEARANCE!". Plus given how faithfully Diddy was represented, it's reasonable to expect King K. Rool to be faithful as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom