• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

StormC

Smash Hero
could someone help me understand the overwhelming push for kkr? i understand that the donkey kong series could use a new rep, and i understand that kkr was the antagonist of the dkc trilogy, but he doesn't look to me like he fits in in the smash roster. he's not necessarily too big, but it's more in his design, he doesn't look like a fighter. i'd just like to know since there's the possibility he'll be revealed later today.
He's one of the most iconic bosses in Nintendo history but he "doesn't look like like a fighter...?"

Also, probably the biggest thing is his favor is the push for more villains, especially in light of Ridley.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Does Villager look like a fighter?
No.
But he's a Mad Axe murderer in Smash Bros.

Not looking like a fighter doesn't mean much.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I just don't understand what it is about K. Rool that makes him not look like a fighter. Don't even say he's too fat. Nintendo's god damn mascot is fat.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I just don't understand what it is about K. Rool that makes him not look like a fighter. Don't even say he's too fat. Nintendo's god damn mascot is fat.
well not as fat as he used to be. But the game needs more heavyweight villains too.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna come in and say don't get your hopes up for anything, be it K. Rool's appearing in Smash or another DK game that brings him back. Just keep up the cause and don't falter.

Be it today, tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, next century, next millennia, The Revolution will draw near.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It's crazy to think that, in just 20 minutes, our King could be back at long last.

If he's back, the ensuing wave of support will carry him the rest of the way through the vote.

If he doesn't show up, everyone ought to increase their voting support tenfold to ensure we don't fall behind. Like it or not, bandwagons WILL form in just 20 minutes, and if we're not one of them, we have no safety net. It'll be time for us to do what we do best...#KrocTheVote.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Okay, another presentation, another opportunity for the King to be revealed... (though a K. Rool reveal for the Smash DLC Direct was honestly a long shot) Going to make a draft once again, except that it will be at least useful if he's revealed to be back in another DK game!

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Look at the positive side of things. No serious competitor showed up at E3. I doubt FE bandwagoners are going to overwhelm us.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
That was literally the worst E3 conference of all-time. K. Rool may be dead, but he's taking the entire company down with him.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
KING K ROOL IS HERE!!!!!! YES!!!! YEEEEES IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!

Oh wait, yet another useless draft, not even for K. Rool's return in a Donkey Kong game. And not even a new Donkey Kong game. Even with Reggie holding bananas. I believed it so much... maybe in a later announcement.

Star Fox looks awesome (CHICKEN AIRWING YES!), but overall the Digital Event was... bad in my opinion. And looks like I'm not the only one who thinks this.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
The Star Fox news was the best one out of this years conference and that new Mario Tennis game has me more hyped than Mario Maker as far as Mario games go. Oh well, at least DK and Diddy are able to be used in Monster Hunters so that's cool. Still a little disappointed though with the lack of DK game related material.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Look at it this way; at least K. Rool isn't hurt by the event.

...Seriously what the **** is Retro working on?!

Burruni

Smash Hero
My entire typed up live reaction thing.

Nintendo E3, here we go.
Last year, it was Robot Chicken. This year, Muppets.

Star Fox. The furrification is real.

GOOD Star Fox voice and the WiiU game looks glorious. Star Wolf confirmed. Star Fox 2 Walker segments confirmed. Landmaster confirmed. Weird helicopter segments confirmed with W101 styled 1st person segments. All Range Mode confirmed. "Star Fox Zero."

ALL YO YENS, YIP YIP YAP. Backstory to Star Fox. Blame the hermit social link. Good usage of the split screen.

"Gyrowing" is the helicopter name. Replayability in tackling stages with various vehicles.

Transformation is the theme for the direct.

NX conversation on hold til next year.

"We never let them stand still." Arguable but mostly true.
No new Mario.

Amiibo showcase. Kongs and Koopas confirmed for Skylanders.

THE DEEPEST LORE.

ZELDA IN MARIO MAKER. NEW ZELDA FOUR SWORDS CONFIRMED. EXCEPT IT'S TRI SWORDS. WHATEVER. COSPLAY LINKS CONFIRMED. IN FALL. HOLY ****.

CLASSIC GANON IS ON THE STAIRCASE. PLEASE CLASSIC GANON AS FINAL BOSS.

TAKAMARU COSTUME IN TRIFORCE HEROES.

SINGLE PLAYER CONFIRMED BUT DULLER.

FASHION CONFIRMED, NEW KINGDOM. LIKELY NO GANON BOSS.

CROSSDRESSING CONFIRMED. REPLAYABILITY THROUGH THE ABILITIES TIED TO A COSTUME.

ONLINE MULTIPLAYER.

HYRULE WARRIORS 3DS... WHICH WE KNEW ABOUT. ALL THE DLC IS INCLUDED. LINKLE'S CROSSBOW IS STILL THERE. ON THE FLY SWITCHING. TETRA AND KING HYRULE... WHICH WE KNEW ABOUT. AND DAT GOLDEN OCARINA. SPRING 2016.

METROID PRIME SPINOFFS CONFIRMED. 3DS 4-PLAYER CO-OP... AND THEN THAT STUPID LOOKING SPORTS GAME, BOTH ON 3DS.

FIRE EMBLEM 14 ENGLISH STUFF, FE "FATES." ENGLISH. THAT FEELS ENDING. FE X SMT, CAEDA/SHIIDA CONFIRMED. ALL THE STUFF WE THEORIZED IS TRUE. CAIN'S THERE

OOOO BANANA.

Xenoblade X english stuff, december release. cool.

ANIMAL CROSSING HAPPY HOME THINGY. ANIMAL CROSSING PARTY. "Amiibo Festival."

Yoshi wooly world stuff. Yoshi's island scoring confirmed, HP is most like Yoshi's Story. Still good.

Yo-kai watch finally getting english release.

OH MY GOD YES, PAPER MARIO & LUIGI RPG. sweet victory.

"Paper Jam."

Mario Tennis WiiU. "Ultra Smash."

More Mario Maker stuff. FULL AMIIBO STUFF. WII FIT TRAINER FOR FUN.

Mario Music from round the world.

...No DKCR3, no GS4, no new Metroid, nothing for F-Zero. Nothing for Kirby or Pokemon. That... okay.

Edit:
Look at it this way; at least K. Rool isn't hurt by the event.

...Seriously what the **** is Retro working on?!
Those... Metroid Prime Spin-offs?

Last edited:

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
now.. I get smash having it's own direct, but I am confused as to why he wouldn't be announced, particularly after that scene in the Nintendo E3 Digital Event that had the puppet caressing the bundle of bananas.. So pissed they didn't announce him. ****

Burruni

Smash Hero
now.. I get smash having it's own direct, but I am confused as to why he wouldn't be announced, particularly after that scene in the Nintendo E3 Digital Event that had the puppet caressing the bundle of bananas.. So pissed they didn't announce him. ****
He wasn't announced because he's not been worked on yet, is the most likely reasoning.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Some of ya'll get your hopes up WAY too much. Don't get all pissed at Nintendo/Sakurai not revealing anything when you have your own expectations so high. The ballot doesn't end till October. We still have a while.

Still, I will agree the event was disappointing. Like 85% of these titles we know about. It was less a Nintendo event, and more "Happy 30th anniversary Mario" livestream.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Some of ya'll get your hopes up WAY too much. Don't get all pissed at Nintendo/Sakurai not revealing anything when you have your own expectations so high. The ballot doesn't end till October. We still have a while.

Still, I will agree the event was disappointing. Like 85% of these titles we know about. It was less a Nintendo event, and more "Happy 30th anniversary Mario" livestream.
I'm not even disappointed. I just feel nothing. Other than Starfox Zero (which looks awesome) and Paper Jam, they had nothing except endless Mario Maker ****sucking.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Oh that was bad. God that was so bad. Sony wiped the floor with the others. FF7 Remake (about god damn time) and The Last Guardian (about god damn timer) and Star Fox Zero, which didn't even look THAT great, is all we really have to show for it. Oh, and DEVELOPER DIARIES.

Yeah, our expectations shouldn't have been too high with Nintendo hard at work on the NX, which is likely where all the good games are being saved for.

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman

Disregarding Smash and DK entirely, this is one of the worst E3's regardless. I feel nothing, I actually feel embarrassed for them.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Sony did wipe the floor indeed. And that floor looks so clean now....damn The Last Guardian AND a ****ING Final Fantasy VII REMAKE???? Wow...just wow...Sony knocked it so far out of the park...seems like everyone else lost before they began...Sony IS innovating...and I could not be happier. My PS4 is ready.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Whilst also ****ting on what fans wanted.
"Here's a new Metroid! It's a spin-off of Prime without Samus. Also Metroid football"
"Animal Crossing Amiibo Party anyone?"

EA was so much better it's embarassing.

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
i apologize, i worded that all wrong. when i said he didn't look like a fighter to me, i wasn't saying he didn't look capable of causing damage, i just meant he looked visually unappealing compared to the others, a purposeful part of k rool's design. i just thought it was a weird choice to want him to represent the series considering how someone with little to no knowledge of the character would perceive him.

The bigger reason why people like him, though, is because he's hilarious. K. Rool has a massive quirky personality, and has amazing expressions. Dedede has great expressions in Smash, and K. Rool would simply be amazing if filled to the brim with his full personality in this game.
thanks, that's really the kind of insight i was looking for. i still think he's an odd choice, but i do believe i understand a little better where you're all coming from.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Okay, guys. Here is a tip. When a huge event comes in, take a look at the miiverse or Sakurai's twitter. If he says something, we might get something. But if he is silent, then there is nothing related to Smash. Just thought I would point this out. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I really wonder why the Smash Brothers presentation was not merged with the Digital Event. The Smash Brothers information could have given the stream more "meat". Presentation-wise, they could have handled it better (even with the same actual content).

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
I am confident, that we will see a new DK game, but seriously, when are they going to show it???
GIVE ME DK!

Top Bottom