• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
If nothing else, I haven't been this happy to be a DKC fan in YEARS. My feels from the post-Smash melancholy have all completely turned around, especially now that I don't have to think Nintendo abandoned pre-buyout DKC. I'm still in shock that DK64 is coming.

Lucky ****in' Europe, I swear.

Considering doing a Miiverse screenshot playthrough on the 16th.
...I just realized that Donkey Kong 64 is coming out on my birthday. What a wonderful present.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Don't forget everyone to vote on your Wii U web browsers aswell as your computers and phones! My friend reminded me! That's another machine to add a vote!

Ask family and friends to vote on your behalf just ask them to do you a favor it really works! More votes for K.Rool! Even if they don't play or know what smash is every vote helps! Heck I had my mom vote but she LOVES Donkey Kong Country and wants to see King K. Rool come back lol

El Chunko

Smash Cadet
Quick thought: you know how when K.Rool sucks you in with his blunderbuss in DKC2 he then smashes you with the back of it? Wouldn't that make a great side-smash for our kremling king?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Went to the apple store today. Voted on every computer, ipad, iphone, and ipod for K Rool, Classic Ridley, Viewtiful Joe, Imajin, and Chibi Robo.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Well, see you guys, going home for the weekend, so may not be on, but best of luck, keep fighting the fight, we can make it! I imagine we'll be even better off if its the Treehouse going through these, since they are K.Rool fans too!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Quick thought: you know how when K.Rool sucks you in with his blunderbuss in DKC2 he then smashes you with the back of it? Wouldn't that make a great side-smash for our kremling king?
I've actually included that as the forward air on my K. Rool set, which I feel obligated to relink here. It's closing in on a year since this set was posted, and during this time of K. Rool support I'd ask any of you who haven't to take a quick look.

I'm not just reposting it here because it's some 6800 words long.

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
You guys need to remember its not the character with the most votes that will make it in, its the character who has the most potential as a character. So make sure to make your votes filled with details on why K rool would be a good character.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You guys need to remember its not the character with the most votes that will make it in, its the character who has the most potential as a character. So make sure to make your votes filled with details on why K rool would be a good character.
No, I think its everything combined. And its not "the" character. They wouldn't leave this open until October if it was just "a" character.

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
No, I think its everything combined. And its not "the" character. They wouldn't leave this open until October if it was just "a" character.
I'm just saying that you should put some thoughts on explain why he should be picked over the others and not just "PICK K ROOL."

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I can imagine that we will know about the first voted DLC character during E3, which honestly sounds pretty good.
Mewtwo in April
Lucas in June, followed by the announcement of the next character
K. Rool 2 months later

It would be dreamy

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Yeah, we'll definitely be seeing at least two fan-requested / new characters by the end of 2015. K. Rool has such a high chance right out of the gate It's super exciting : )). He also has so much potential as a character too. He's got the potential to be a unique fighter, and the following ; ) 2 products for success.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I can imagine that we will know about the first voted DLC character during E3, which honestly sounds pretty good.
Mewtwo in April
Lucas in June, followed by the announcement of the next character
K. Rool 2 months later

It would be dreamy
I agree. I think they'll announce the most hype character at E3.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Still worth a try if you ask me. Majority wins or not, we should have some impact in getting K. Rool in as DLC, or as playable in the next game.
Oh we will def have an impact this time! I too have be going back and forth across my college campus to use different computers as well as everyone I know who has a laptop.
Usually do 2 per IP Address. 1 from them and 1 of my own.

Keep it up everyone and together We "K"an Do This!!

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Posting this to every Youtube Donkey Kong themed (mostly music) page that has lots of views. ((((Hello fellow Donkey Kong enthusiasts!!! NOW is the time! NOW is our chance! Now we can get another character into the BRAND NEW Smash Bros game!!! And who would we like as DLC? A brand NEW DK character of course. No other franchise deserves it like DK. VOTE KING K. ROOL and/or Dixie Kong Here NOW>>> https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/ and happy SMASHing!!! Glory to the King :))))))

Im sure wel pull in some support through this. People cannot stay off of Youtube <:D

Last edited:

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
YES. I love it. I sent in some similar ideas about the blunderbluss's suction as a possible throw.

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
I put another vote for the King (I really hope I'm doing this right as far as the whole voting again thing goes). Whereas my first post was on his popularity/absence, This time I wanted to elaborate on what he brings to the table as a fighter.

"Aside from being incredibly popular, King K. Rool shows a lot of potential as a Smash Bros. Fighter. His moves could range from throwing his crown like a boomerang to shooting cannon balls from his blunderbuss. He could also be very unique for his dirty fighting tactics like playing dead so he can strike when his enemies backs are turned. He could also make use of the fake wall of credits during his Final Smash. If K. Rool is to Donkey Kong what Bowser is to Mario, wouldn't it make sense for him to be in the game? Thank you."

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
I put another vote for the King (I really hope I'm doing this right as far as the whole voting again thing goes). Whereas my first post was on his popularity/absence, This time I wanted to elaborate on what he brings to the table as a fighter.

"Aside from being incredibly popular, King K. Rool shows a lot of potential as a Smash Bros. Fighter. His moves could range from throwing his crown like a boomerang to shooting cannon balls from his blunderbuss. He could also be very unique for his dirty fighting tactics like playing dead so he can strike when his enemies backs are turned. He could also make use of the fake wall of credits during his Final Smash. If K. Rool is to Donkey Kong what Bowser is to Mario, wouldn't it make sense for him to be in the game? Thank you."

There we go! This is the type of post I like to see! A well thought out comment that explains why K rool should be in!

cybersai

Smash Ace
Its hard to believe the villain lineup people wanted is finally (almost) happening:

- Bowser
- Ganondorf
- King Dedede
- Mewtwo
- Wolf
- King K Rool

If it weren't for Ridley being a boss we would have the main villain of every big Nintendo franchise there. I think King K. Rool and Wolf are the most likely characters next by far.

lordrogersmith6485

Smash Cadet
Hi, everyone! I don't post on Smashboards often, but I am an avid K. Rool supporter. Voted for him on all my devices today, game consoles included! Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Last edited:

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
You guys have got my support/vote for KKR!

He seems to be the most logical one to vote in since he hasn't had a recent appearance in any new games and it's a +1 for villains. Other potential vote-ins can have a chance in future Smash games (except for Isaac)

It's such a shame that Waluigi is an Assist Trophy :( I guess there could be a chance for him come next Smash Bros. amirite?

cybersai

Smash Ace
King K. Rool's alternate colors will probably be like Bowser's. Can't wait to play as a "blue" King K Rool. :D

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Well I am used up for the night....I may have posted on at least 100 different upper-lane videos on Youtube the message of VOTE NOW for the King and/or Dixie. Also asking GameXplain if they would like to back the support that new DK characters should be added to Smash so we will see what happens. Seriously though..from new videos to old, our message of GO VOTE for the KING is on the majority of DK related videos on Youtube. Have a look for yourselves and I am sure they wont stay at the top of these videos comments for long, BUT this is NOT over until the month of October!

ALL HAIL THE KING!!!!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, see you guys, going home for the weekend, so may not be on, but best of luck, keep fighting the fight, we can make it! I imagine we'll be even better off if its the Treehouse going through these, since they are K.Rool fans too!
Wait, they are? What? What?! Neat!!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
You guys have got my support/vote for KKR!

He seems to be the most logical one to vote in since he hasn't had a recent appearance in any new games and it's a +1 for villains. Other potential vote-ins can have a chance in future Smash games (except for Isaac)

It's such a shame that Waluigi is an Assist Trophy :( I guess there could be a chance for him come next Smash Bros. amirite?
Hi, everyone! I don't post on Smashboards often, but I am an avid K. Rool supporter. Voted for him on all my devices today, game consoles included! Let's keep our fingers crossed!
To both of you...
YAAAAR!!! Welcome aboard the Gangplank Galleon! Let's show them Scurvy Dogs who the Real King is!!

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
So, how big would King K. Rool be? I'm thinking slightly taller than DK but not as wide, since DK's posture has him spread out more.
His voice will probably be some animal sounds. His victory theme might be different.
He'll be some work, but not THAT hard to make.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The hardest part of him would likely be projectiles, but that's not too bad.

I still think his unique trait should be having him designed as a hardcore grappler, with moves that allow him to pull enemies to him. Perhaps the blunderbuss could have suction, and the customs could be chargeable cannonballs (with spikes at max charge) and the goo;

The crown toss could do it's classic deal, and do like multi-hits on return that pull people.

Helicopter pack I'm not sure how to work into this play style, maybe just make it like Villagers, and if it gets hit it starts to putter out.

Down B could be a quick ground pound with slow shockwaves that trip (good to pull people into with suction/crown maybe)

All I know is, his d-throw needs to be a crocodile deathroll.

Zynux

Smash Lord
So many Kuthroats appearing all at once...

It's magical.
Wow.

The way you guys are going, this really is a kampaign.

The hype is infectious.
It pleases me to witness all over the internet a fervor for K. Rool on various sites that I never seen before.

I hate to sound like this, as it's cheesy, melodramatic, and I prefer a more pessimistic approach, but history could potentially be in the making here. He may have a real chance now and I truly believe something will come of it in the end.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Threw myself a vote in you guys directions. Personally I want Dixie more, but K. Rool deserves it too.

DK just needs some love.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Its hard to believe the villain lineup people wanted is finally (almost) happening:

- Bowser
- Ganondorf
- King Dedede
- Mewtwo
- Wolf
- King K Rool

If it weren't for Ridley being a boss we would have the main villain of every big Nintendo franchise there. I think King K. Rool and Wolf are the most likely characters next by far.
Not to rain on your parade but I wouldn't say that Dedede, Mewtwo or Wolf are main villains.

Dedede's gone down the road of helping Kirby out multiple times and is misunderstood at times. Squeak Squad/Mouse Attack being an example of a misunderstanding.

Mewtwo was never really villainous. It hid in the cave to stay away from humans, the anime version was misunderstood and M16 Mewtwo was more heroic.

Wolf's more of a rival to Fox than a main villain. Aparoid Queen/Andross/General Scales fit the antagonist bill much better.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
So, how big would King K. Rool be? I'm thinking slightly taller than DK but not as wide, since DK's posture has him spread out more.
His voice will probably be some animal sounds. His victory theme might be different.
He'll be some work, but not THAT hard to make.
I think K rool should be a bit taller than bowser and DK should be shrunk for k rool to be a good size

Top Bottom