• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The suspicious thing I see about that actually is the dog should be named Mr. Peepers instead of Duck Hunt Dog. I mean, I think it would be like calling Samus "Metroid woman" or something.
Well, it is the Dog and Duck team. Of note is that Wii Fit Trainer is just called Wii Fit in Japanese.

How about actually showing how they're disproved then, as unless I specifically go and get access to that section, I can't see it. You might as well just be saying "cause reasons" at this point.

When you consider the level of detail they have put into the game, you can't call having Ness' shirt entirely wrong and using a model for Game & Watch that is different from the one they already showed us "nitpicks".
Dude, that thread even at 5 am is growing tremendously and is so hard to keep up with.
I will say that the leaker, or one of, was on a moment ago posting.

But it has been pretty much decided by that community that this roster cannot be final, and also, that a Nintendo rep (as one of the moderators said she was talking to him) confirmed the image, and said THERE ARE MORE SURPRISE CHARACTERS STILL TO UNVEIL

Incidentally, I heard from the Nintendo Rep and now have a direct line with him. He was shown the image and had two things to say

1) He remembers Doc was an alt skin. However, Doc was added in late like Lucina so that explains that

2) He said there's still more characters that should be there, some you would never expect.

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Well, it is the Dog and Duck team. Of note is that Wii Fit Trainer is just called Wii Fit in Japanese.

Dude, that thread even at 5 am is growing tremendously and is so hard to keep up with.
I will say that the leaker, or one of, was on a moment ago posting.

But it has been pretty much decided by that community that this roster cannot be final, and also, that a Nintendo rep (as one of the moderators said she was talking to him) confirmed the image, and said THERE ARE MORE SURPRISE CHARACTERS STILL TO UNVEIL
Didn't realise that they'd made that section of the forum public until then.

It's all getting very interesting in there. It all looks very messy going through it. Looks like there is going to be plenty of debate on the matter for days to come.

That does raise interesting questions about the quality of some of the content, the issues aren't the characters, but the other points, because you never really know who they'll have.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the coming days.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
That leak is totally fake, guys. I mean, Doctor Mario and Dark Pit? Why would they add two clones? What next, adding Wolf as a third Fox clone?

And don't even get me started on them including the Chorus Men over an important and iconic character like ROB.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
That leak is totally fake, guys. I mean, Doctor Mario and Dark Pit? Why would they add two clones? What next, adding Wolf as a third Fox clone?

And don't even get me started on them including the Chorus Men over an important and iconic character like ROB.
ROB is in there, though.

But hey, if this leak turns out to be true, apparently it isn't the final roster, so maybe K. Rool along with Ridley and Ghirahim is still there, awaiting to surface.

PiChuChu

Smash Cadet
I'll support, fellow kutthroats!

He is definitely one of my most wanted newcomers! So much potential in every area!

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hey guys, something is really bothering me about the duck hunt dog. To be honest, it's actually not very detailed at all.

I mean, it has no fur, it's tongue has no drool, and, no whiskers. How exactly do you have one of the most important details get completely forgotten? The mouth is also not wide at all. I mean, just compare that picture to theduck hunt dog. They look too different.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
All of these points and alot more have been disproved in the leaker thread. I don't really have time to go find all the responses but you guys can believe what you want. The only valid points against those two pictures are nit-picks. This is coming from someone who is dieing for K Rool to get in.

They are not 100% real but are very likely. We just have to hope they don't show all the characters.
Disproved as in "oh this might be how it works (ignore the part I can't prove it)" or "you're straw grasping" or "they could have changed it?"
Besides, they have yet to find something against the ESRB thing. Which really is what kills it for me.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Honestly it's the lack of warios pupil for me. I mean; what?! Also ness' design changes for no reason?

It's sketch but I'll believe it just so if it does end up being true I won't be as disappointed by the lack of any of my top 5...

Also, no zelda or dk rep? Hell no I want k rool

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Yeah, the leak is pretty much certainly fake. Too many issues with it, and now the one thing it really had going for it has dissolved (Neo Zero and the Nintendo Rep).

So we're back where we were 24 hours ago.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I would be okay with that leaked roster as long as Mewtwo, Ridley, and K Rool are in as well. I mean come on I don't expect maybe all 3 of the big 3 to get in, but Sakurai not even including one of them. I'm not buying that.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
It's really bizarre hearing people occasionally spout out the phrase "Dog and Duck" because I remember that used to be a children's TV show here in the UK a decade or so back.

...let's see.

Well I couldn't find the intro but here's an episode. (We need a break from One of Us now and then!)

It's really bizarre hearing people occasionally spout out the phrase "Dog and Duck" because I remember that used to be a children's TV show here in the UK a decade or so back.

...let's see.

Well I couldn't find the intro but here's an episode. (We need a break from One of Us now and then!)
Oh my goodness I remember that show!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I'm feeling gloomy after the pictures last night (coincidentally, I saw these pictures just as a thunderstorm in my area "began"). I feel that it is definitely curious that we haven't seen in-game footage yet, but that's about the only meaningful point that goes against the leak. Those models are way too good. And there's way too many of them.

For K. Rool (and Dixie), all I see going for them is that the roster seems incomplete.

I am trying to stay positive but it's hard.
There's just too much to dismiss.

I will try to channel my feelings into (tastefully) passive aggressive pictures that convey my disappointment...Talk about inspiration!

Despite all of this, I am proud of this thread and community. We've made some noise for K. Rool, a funny character we've grown up with or we've learned to cherish later on in life. He's not as expendable as some of the people at Nintendo seem to think. I hope that gets noticed by Sakurai or some other developer down the line.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I'm feeling gloomy after the pictures last night (coincidentally, I saw these pictures just as a thunderstorm in my area "began"). I feel that it is definitely curious that we haven't seen in-game footage yet, but that's about the only meaningful point that goes against the leak. Those models are way too good. And there's way too many of them.

For K. Rool (and Dixie), all I see going for them is that the roster seems incomplete.

I am trying to stay positive but it's hard.
There's just too much to dismiss.

I will try to channel my feelings into (tastefully) passive aggressive pictures that convey my disappointment...Talk about inspiration!

Despite all of this, I am proud of this thread and community. We've made some noise for K. Rool, a funny character we've grown up with or we've learned to cherish later on in life. He's not as expendable as some of the people at Nintendo seem to think. I hope that gets noticed by Sakurai or some other developer down the line.
No worries according to ssb4dojo it has already been proving fake this is his quote "Along with the various other pictures, inconsistencies were found including Shulk being based on Little Mac".

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I'm torn. I'm a huge K. Rool/Dixie supporter as well as a huge Duck Hunt dog supporter.

But, I'm hoping this leaked roster is fake, as much as I want that dog... I can't stand to see characters like Bowser Jr. and Shulk getting in without a single additional DK series character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

...let's see.

Dammit no! Nostalgia overflowing! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This roster is so fake I don't even know why it was posted on the front page. I mean, why aren't Dr.Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina listed with the characters from their franchise? And I swear I've seen those renders for Ness, Falco and Jigglypuff before. Also, the source is from TrollPalace.org (not that they didn't actually posted real leaks before- cause they did) but what was the overall post like?

Learn to think a little more critical people. Damn. :rolleyes:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I already know that roster leak is completely fake just by looking at it, waaaay too many inconsistencies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Fanmade renders for Ness, Jigglypuff and Falco. Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr.Mario not even listed with the rest of their franchise. The poor quality of the renders of Wario and Ganondorf. Ice Climbers not being there despite the Polar Bear even appearing on the main site in an update. And overall stupid bull**** in general.

I didn't believe it even before I clicked it, and after checking it it's laughable it's even being discussed, let alone put on the front page.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Fanmade renders for Ness, Jigglypuff and Falco. Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr.Mario not even listed with the rest of their franchise. The poor quality of the renders of Wario and Ganondorf. Ice Climbers not being there despite the Polar Bear even appearing on the main site in an update. And overall stupid bull**** in general.

I didn't believe it even before I clicked it, and after checking it it's laughable it's even being discussed, let alone put on the front page.
*looks at username* The leak is so bad, not even one of the playable characters believes it!

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Hey guys, something is really bothering me about the duck hunt dog. To be honest, it's actually not very detailed at all.

I mean, it has no fur, it's tongue has no drool, and, no whiskers. How exactly do you have one of the most important details get completely forgotten? The mouth is also not wide at all. I mean, just compare that picture to theduck hunt dog. They look too different.
What, you want him to be realistic so PETA can sue Nintendo?:laugh:
BTW I support, granted the only game I played with K.Rool is Super Sluggers but I feel like he is a better choice for a DK rep.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Part of me is starting to believe the leak and I feel like crying. **** Sakurai. **** Namco. **** everything.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I don't really know what to think anymore about this leak. All we can do is stay strong and keeping supporting K. Rool. If he doesn't get in this time around, we can push for him to be DLC or be the main antagonist in the sequel to Tropical Freeze.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Famitsu appears to have corroborated part of the leaked images today. We should wait to see if there are remaining unlockables, as suggested by the CSS layout, but if K. Rool doesn't show up in that... then it may be ALL OGRE for us. :substitute:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Famitsu appears to have corroborated part of the leaked images today. We should wait to see if there are remaining unlockables, as suggested by the CSS layout, but if K. Rool doesn't show up in that... then it may be ALL OGRE for us. :substitute:
I would like to see that!

Also, anyone who thinks the leak is legit, LOOK AT MY SIG! Besides, it didn't hurt K.Rool, it had no IC(Polar Bear) and the Gameboy stage is missing

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I'm sorry if I sound inmature but if that roster is real I'm gonna lose a lot of respect for Sakurai only for Dark Pit.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
Disproved as in "oh this might be how it works (ignore the part I can't prove it)" or "you're straw grasping" or "they could have changed it?"
Besides, they have yet to find something against the ESRB thing. Which really is what kills it for me.
You act like either side of this "debate" has 100% evidence that it is either real or fake. That is just not how it is. You must present logical ideas and counterpoints. Some of these are stronger than others.

You act like "O that Dr. Mario is just photoshoped here is my proof: XXX" totally 100% disconfirms the leak. When there are clearly two sides to every issue. Most of these are brought up in the leak thread. And as of now from all that I have read the points made by "this is an actual leak" far outweigh those that it is fake. But you can make your own judgments.

It has been speculated that ESRB was sent a video for review, and that is where all these pictures came from. It would explain the name. Once again, two sides to every issue.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
How did they corroborate part of the leaked images? I certainly didn't see that.

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice
One other thing that bothers me about the layout is that Yoshi is located right in the middle of the Mario row. Wasn't Yoshi already confirmed to be repping his own series again?

Anyways, I went ahead and put my thoughts on K. Rool's moveset down. I think I've covered just about everything in this moveset. What do you guys think?
King K. Rool’s Moveset

Size: 10/10 (K. Rool is MASSIVE, both in height and width. This makes him an easy target)

Weight: 10/10 ( K. Rool is bar none the heaviest character on the roster. Knocking him away is no easy task, but recovery will be an issue for him)

Speed: 6/10 (K. Rool is surprisingly fast for his size, being able to run across the deck of his ship in a very short time)

Traction: 2/10 (However, due to his bulk and his running speed, K. Rool has a hard time stopping once he gets going)

Jumping: 5/10 (When on the ground, K. Rool can jump quite high. His air jump, however, is pitiful)

Power: 8/10 (K. Rool is a bruiser, fitting his heavyweight status)

Attack Speed: 3/10 (Most of his attacks come out rather slowly, much like Dedede’s)

Entry Animation: K. Rool drops out of the sky, like his appearance in DKC.

Idle Animation: K. Rool adjusts his crown

Neutral A: K. Rool delivers a quick one-two punch, then pulls back and delivers a powerful hook.

Forward A: K. Rool does a clumsy hook. Powerful and with decent range, but has relatively long ending lag. A high-risk attack.

Down A: K. Rool delivers a low punch. A decent move all around.

Up A: K. Rool jumps up, attempting to impale the opponent with his crown.

Dash Attack: K. Rool thrusts his large belly forwards. Very low range, but decent knockback.

Ledge Attack: K. Rool hauls himself up and hurls himself forwards with his head down.

Getting up attack: K. Rool takes off his crown and swings it around him while getting up.

Neutral Air: K. Rool does a forward flip, trying to headbutt the opponent.

Forward Air: K. Rool backhands straight forward.

Back Air: K. Rool wildly swings backward.

Up Air: K. Rool thrusts both of his arms upward.

Down Air: K. Rool raises his arms and swings both down. A potent, if somewhat slow, meteor smash.

Grab: K. Rool pulls out his blunderbuss and sucks his opponent towards him. Has long range for a grab, but the animation is long too, and it can’t be canceled.

Pummel: K. Rool kicks his opponent.

Forward Throw: K. Rool knocks the opponent away with the stock of his gun.

Back Throw: K. Rool turns around with his target and shoots him/her at point-blank range.

Up Throw: K. Rool pulls out his Kopter Pack and tosses his opponent on it, dealing multiple hits before knocking the opponent straight up.

Down Throw: K. Rool smacks the opponent on the ground and then jumps on him/her.

Forward Smash: K. Rool puts on a boxing glove and throws it like a boomerang. The longer it’s charged, the farther it goes. However, even at maximum range, it doesn’t fly too far.

Up Smash: K. Rool whirls his arm in preparation, then uppercuts.

Down Smash: K. Rool performs a similar down smash to DK, but he swings his arms one after another, rather than both at the same time.

Neutral B: Kaptain’s Kannon – K. Rool pulls out his blunderbuss and begins charging up a spiked Kannonball. If Forward is held when B is released, K. Rool shoots straight forward, which goes faster the longer you charge. If Down is held, the Kannonball bounces, with longer charges resulting in higher bouncing. If Up is held, the Kannonball loops around as it goes forward, with longer charges meaning bigger loops. If no direction is held, K. Rool shoots a normal Kannonball which lands in front of him, with longer charges increasing the range. The normal Kannonball can be picked up and thrown. There may be only three Kannonballs of any type on the field at once. If the limit is reached, K. Rool merely shoots out a puff of smoke, after which he looks at the player briefly with a surprised look on his face. If the blunderbuss is charged for longer than four seconds, it backfires, causing damage and stunning K. Rool. The backfire explosion can also damage opponents. In the air, firing a Kannonball will propel K. Rool backwards a bit.

Forward B: Krown Boomerang - K. Rool throws his crown, which functions as a boomerang. Its trajectory can be controlled just like Link’s boomerang. It’s fast and packs a reasonable punch, but K. Rool is completely helpless while he waits for his crown to return to him.

Up B: Kopter Pack – K. Rool uses his Kopter Pack to fly up. It’s similar in control to Snake’s Cipher, with the added bonus of being able to deal damage while in use. The damage is very low, though, and the Pack itself doesn’t last very long.

Down B: King’s Krash – K. Rool makes a very small jump and buttstomps the ground, sending shockwaves away from the impact. These shockwaves travel far along the floor, but the damage falls off fast. They also disappear as soon as they hit an obstacle. In the air, K. Rool plummets straight down.

Final Smash: Kannonball Barrage

K. Rool jumps up and lands with devastating force, causing numerous Kannonballs to drop from the sky as he stands there, laughing maniacally. The Kannonballs do decent damage with high knockback, and fall quite fast, making them tough to dodge. K. Rool drops around 15 Kannonballs.

Up Taunt: K. Rool laughs maniacally.

Side Taunt: K. Rool pulls out a remote and presses the button a few times before groaning and putting it away again.

Down Taunt: K. Rool drops down and plays dead for a moment.

Win pose 1: K. Rool cheers at a nonexistent crowd.

Win pose 2: K. Rool laughs so hard his voice cracks briefly.

Win pose 3: K. Rool tries to strike a pose, but falls on his butt. He gets up slowly, and scratches his behind for the remainder of the score screen.

Lose pose: K. Rool applauds the victor, his large eye twitching occasionally.

Top Bottom