• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I wasn't saying she did, I just question the motives of some Donkey Kong fans. Why her over K. Rool, for some people? Just because of the Forbidden Seven and Tropical Freeze? Give me a break, lol. If I'm not mistaken, K. Rool has been in slightly more games than Dixie, no?
Probably because some of us just simply like the character. I like K. Rool, but I like Dixie more. Yes, K. Rool is the main villain, and Smash needs more villains. Yes, he has been in a few more games. That doesn't change my opinion. Dixie's been my favorite DK character since childhood, and I really want her to be in Smash. That doesn't mean that I don't support K. Rool in Smash, just not at the expense of Dixie.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Probably because some of us just simply like the character. I like K. Rool, but I like Dixie more. Yes, K. Rool is the main villain, and Smash needs more villains. Yes, he has been in a few more games. That doesn't change my opinion. Dixie's been my favorite DK character since childhood, and I really want her to be in Smash. That doesn't mean that I don't support K. Rool in Smash, just not at the expense of Dixie.
Fact is that I love Dixie Kong way more than K. Rool, but personally I feel K. Rool deserves to be in Smash Bros. first. Then again, I think both are deserving of a slot.

Nothing against K. Rool, though, he's my favorite Nintendo villain and second favorite DK character. :D

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Dixie is hands down my favorite playable character in any platformer. EVER. King K. Rool is the most memorable villain of my childhood, even more than Ridley, Dr. Wily, Sigma, Robotnik, etc. I can tell you for sure that I love both Dixie and King K. Rool, almost equally... but if I had to choose one, my pick would be K. Rool. He has much more potential to be an unique and fun character in Smash. Plus, I want to see these three together in a good game again:

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Dixie is hands down my favorite playable character in any platformer. EVER. King K. Rool is the most memorable villain of my childhood, even more than Ridley. I can tell you for sure that I love both Dixie and King K. Rool, almost equally... but if I had to choose one, my pick would be K. Rool. He has much more potential to be an unique and fun character in Smash. Plus, I want to see these three together in a good game again:

Funny enough, this song just popped up in my playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erH-WHtLRmU&index=7&list=PLp6zKCp4ysjNy0VcyW6dxBjxf4tf1s6FJ

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Dixie Kong is my absolute favorite platformer playable character and K. Rool is my absolutely most memorable villain. Dixie is my favorite DK character, but K. Rool is my favorite Nintendo villain. ^^

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Hnnnng the fact that Dixie and K. Rool have to fight for a spot, and Lucas and Ness will have too according to the leak "which has no name" is really sad.
Meanwhile, the Fire Emblem and Star Fox fans are very comfy with their 3 very similar characters each (saying this with the most possible respect to the characters and their fans).
War (for a Smash Bros. slot) is hell, I tell ya.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Meanwhile, the Fire Emblem and Star Fox fans are very comfy with their 3 very similar characters each (saying this with the most possible respect to the characters and their fans).
A fair number of Fire Emblem fans are definitely NOT "comfy" with the idea of having three very similar characters representing the series.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hnnnng the fact that Dixie and K. Rool have to fight for a spot, and Lucas and Ness will have too according to the leak "which has no name" is really sad.
I'm really hoping that the leak about Chrom is wrong and its actually Robin, and as far as Star Fox goes, I think its incredibly possible Falco might get cut due to his moveset being irrelevant with custom movesets. Lack of DK newcomer is still annoying, though, in fact with its sales and popularity we should have both K. Rool and Dixie Kong this time around.

A fair number of Fire Emblem fans are definitely NOT "comfy" with the idea of having three very similar characters representing the series.
I'm a massive Fire Emblem fan and I agree with this sentiment. Never played Awakening, but Robin would fit perfectly. So hoping the leak is wrong about Chrom.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Chrom talk goes in the Chrom thread, people.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
K. Rool and Dixie are still fighting?
At this point I wish they would just put aside their differences and join the battle as a tag team. Then they'd only take up one slot. :awesome:

Chrom talk goes in the Chrom thread, people.
Oh, I see how it is. Using your mod powers to advertise your own thread, eh?
Can't say that's not clever. :troll:

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I had no idea K. Rool was set to have a new look for Diddy Kong Pilot

Now I want this as a costume in smash for him... First he needs to be included though!

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
actually, what if to make him really unique Sakurai decides to take one of his defining traits(costumes), and instead of alternate colors replaces them all almost exclusively with costumes(I mean there are what 4-5 if you incude the super sluggers one) and a couple additional perhaps Sakurai will make, that would be kinda cool

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
actually, what if to make him really unique Sakurai decides to take one of his defining traits(costumes), and instead of alternate colors replaces them all almost exclusively with costumes(I mean there are what 4-5 if you incude the super sluggers one) and a couple additional perhaps Sakurai will make, that would be kinda cool
Yeah. If you include the Pilot one then he has 6, which is pretty cool.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
How sick would it be if a new DKC game was announced and it was revealed K. Rool was behind the Tiki and Viking attacks? I would actually love that. It would be worth it not having K. Rool be present in those games. Well, not worth, but justifiable. What do you guys think?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
How sick would it be if a new DKC game was announced and it was revealed K. Rool was behind the Tiki and Viking attacks? I would actually love that. It would be worth it not having K. Rool be present in those games. Well, not worth, but justifiable. What do you guys think?
To me, that would be a bonus. Seeing the Kremling Krew return to their former glory with K. Rool back on top would be the ultimate prize in of itself.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
My current theory? The Tikis are the remnants of the Kremlings after the destruction of Krokodile Kore and their trying to restore themselves and they brainwashed the Vikings to help them. :p

The only reason for this is that there's an actual theory that Tiki Tong is really King K. Rool, mainly due to the fact that Tiki Tong does a lot of moves similar to past K. Rool boss battles and even has the wonky eye, too. But if the Kremlings are behind the Tiki/Viking attacks regardless of how they're behind it, that is perfectly fine by me. :D

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Updating this list, but largely posting it due to SaltyBeach advocating for Dixie Kong.

• DK franchise is too big to not have another character, it honestly deserves another more than Metroid, especially with Japan taken into account.
  • K. Rool is the biggest character in the series after DK and Diddy by a mile, having important roles all the way into 2007 while Dixie only had cameos, spin-offs, and remakes for appearances for 17 years after DKC3 until Tropical Freeze.
  • Has always been much, much more popular than Dixie and other DK characters, and is amongst the most popular newcomers, and is Japan’s #1 pick.
  • K. Rool has the most moveset potential of any even remotely likely newcomer, with a blunderbuss that can shoot anything, while Dixie has amongst the lowest. Yes, Dixie can obviously have a set (So can Birdo), but K. Rool would be the far more interesting newcomer, and Sakurai is trying to have good movesets this game.
  • Solely being in the most recent game is not enough to make Dixie more “relevant” when her mark on the series is so much smaller.
  • Tropical Freeze is probably not recent enough to be taken into account for development anyway, especially based off no Snowmads being present in Smash Run.
  • Dixie was only considered for Brawl as Diddy’s partner, directly confirmed, and Diddy is confirmed flying solo.
  • The other members of the forbidden 7 are all clones (Including Dixie as a confirmed Nana) with the exception of Mewtwo (A veteran), suggesting such unimportant characters were only considered as roster padding and not serious newcomers like K. Rool would be.
  • Tropical Freeze’s English and Japanese release dates passed with only a Diddy Kong reveal. If he had Dixie (Or Cranky), it would be the obvious time to show her, not Little Mac. He could bypass Diddy not being shown yet by revealing her together with Diddy as a tag team.
  • Sakurai is largely allowed to make his own choices (The Pokemon Company wouldn’t want to advertise Pokemon Trainer), so any random agenda Nintendo has against the Kremlings would largely not apply to K. Rool.
  • Yes, it is undisputed fact Nintendo owns the rights to him.
  • Cranky Kong is deconfirmed by the return of Jungle Japes.
  • Kremlings have returned in Smash Run. Space Pirates wouldn’t matter much for Ridley, but them coming back after so long is a huge boon for K. Rool.
  • Dixie Kong was largely “popular” because she was “likely”, and after the Diddy Kong reveal during Tropical Freeze and the Kremling revival, most of her “fandom” died off. If you want proof that likely characters become popular no matter who they are, look at all of the random people in this very thread with avatars of Choir Boy. Very few people actually want Dixie, in comparison to K. Rool’s overwhelming numbers anyway.
  • The Sal Romano leak missed Rosalina, even assuming everything is true he has left the door open for additional newcomers besides Chrom, Shulk, and Choir Boy.
  • We have still not seen any DK stages, meaning it's still possible there could be a Rare era DKC stage. With how out of his way Sakurai is going to hide Pyrosphere, it's possible he is doing this for a reason.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Updating this list, but largely posting it due to SaltyBeach advocating for Dixie Kong.

• DK franchise is too big to not have another character, it honestly deserves another more than Metroid, especially with Japan taken into account.
  • K. Rool is the biggest character in the series after DK and Diddy by a mile, having important roles all the way into 2007 while Dixie only had cameos, spin-offs, and remakes for appearances for 17 years after DKC3 until Tropical Freeze.
  • Has always been much, much more popular than Dixie and other DK characters, and is amongst the most popular newcomers, and is Japan’s #1 pick.
  • K. Rool has the most moveset potential of any even remotely likely newcomer, with a blunderbuss that can shoot anything, while Dixie has amongst the lowest. Yes, Dixie can obviously have a set (So can Birdo), but K. Rool would be the far more interesting newcomer, and Sakurai is trying to have good movesets this game.
  • Solely being in the most recent game is not enough to make Dixie more “relevant” when her mark on the series is so much smaller.
  • Tropical Freeze is probably not recent enough to be taken into account for development anyway, especially based off no Snowmads being present in Smash Run.
  • Dixie was only considered for Brawl as Diddy’s partner, directly confirmed, and Diddy is confirmed flying solo.
  • The other members of the forbidden 7 are all clones (Including Dixie as a confirmed Nana) with the exception of Mewtwo (A veteran), suggesting such unimportant characters were only considered as roster padding and not serious newcomers like K. Rool would be.
  • Tropical Freeze’s English and Japanese release dates passed with only a Diddy Kong reveal. If he had Dixie (Or Cranky), it would be the obvious time to show her, not Little Mac. He could bypass Diddy not being shown yet by revealing her together with Diddy as a tag team.
  • Sakurai is largely allowed to make his own choices (The Pokemon Company wouldn’t want to advertise Pokemon Trainer), so any random agenda Nintendo has against the Kremlings would largely not apply to K. Rool.
  • Kremlings have returned in Smash Run. Space Pirates wouldn’t matter much for Ridley, but them coming back after so long is a huge boon for K. Rool.
  • Dixie Kong was largely “popular” because she was “likely”, and after the Diddy Kong reveal during Tropical Freeze and the Kremling revival, most of her “fandom” died off. If you want proof that likely characters become popular no matter who they are, look at all of the random people in this very thread with avatars of Choir Boy. Very few people actually want Dixie, in comparison to K. Rool’s overwhelming numbers anyway.
  • The Sal Romano leak missed Rosalina, even assuming everything is true he has left the door open for additional newcomers besides Chrom, Shulk, and Choir Boy.
  • We have still not seen any DK stages, meaning it's still possible ther
I see tons of potential for an entirely unique Dixie Kong moveset. That's the only disagreement I have with this. I love Dixie Kong and would love for her to be playable, hell, K. Rool and Dixie would round out the DK cast nicely.

But K. Rool deserves the spot far more, and I don't really think Nintendo has anything against the Kremlings, either. I think that with the DKC revival they just didn't want to jump right back onto the Kremling bandwagon immediately.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

• We have still not seen any DK stages, meaning it's still possible ther
I see a bit of anti-Dixie bias here. That said, all points about K. Rool are true.

I think K. Rool should get in before Dixie, but both of them being in would be a dream come true. I'd love to see Sakurai's takes on their movesets.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I want you all to take a minute, calm down, and realize what I'm about to say is the truth.

K. ROOL WILL BE IN SMASH 4!!!

And if you need "proof", here's an emotionally riveting speech I gave many moons ago! ;)
I AM JOHNKNIGHT1,
AND I SEE A WHOLE ARMY OF MY DONKEY KONG COUNTRYMEN...
...here in defiance of K. Rool haters!!!
You have come to become K. Rool supporters...
...and K. Rool supporters you are!!!
What will you do without K. Rool in Smash (again)=???
Will you be vocal=???
Be vocal of your support, and you might be trolled!!!
Be silent, and you'll be troll-free...
...for at least a while.
And hearing the K. Rool haters many years from now,
would you be willing to trade ALL THE DAYS from this day to that (day) for ONE CHANCE
JUST ONE CHANCE
TO COME BACK HERE
AND TELL OUR ENEMIES
THAT THEY MAY HATE ON US,
BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR LOVE OF K. ROOL!!!

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I want you all to take a minute, calm down, and realize what I'm about to say is the truth.

K. ROOL WILL BE IN SMASH 4!!!

And if you need "proof", here's an emotionally riveting speech I gave many moons ago! ;)
Lol, to think you had me excited for a second. XD

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
There is nothing I want more in Smash 4 than K. Rool. :) But I thought for a sec that you had info we didn't know lol

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Of course there is anti Dixie "bias". That post was made back when people were singing her praises for returning in one game while K. Rool didn't. People were going on about how she was more "relevant" for her new big role. . .After 17 years of nothing.

Regardless, K. Rool's big threat is certainly no longer Dixie, but the possibility of Choir Boy, Chrom, and Shulk being the end of the newcomers.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

• We have still not seen any DK stages, meaning it's still possible there could be a Rare era DKC stage. With how out of his way Sakurai is going to hide Pyrosphere, it's possible he is doing this for a reason.
There is no need for belittling Dixie just because you prefer K. Rool over, you know?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hey, I love Dixie Kong as much as K. Rool, she's my favorite DK character. K. Rool is just my favorite Nintendo villain and is far more important than Dixie Kong in the DK franchise. I agree, Dixie coming back for one game doesn't mean anything (especially when K. Rool is likely coming back in the next DK game :D).

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Seems kinda tacked on in my opinion. Retro should stand by their choice to not use Kremlings, not try to make up for it with a cheesy "it was dem da whole tiem omg twist" in the sequel.

Last edited:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
No one was belittling Dixie... :( He's just trying to prove why K. Rool deserves it more than she does.

I happen to agree, though, that one new game doesn't make her more "relevant"

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
There is no need for belittling Dixie just because you prefer K. Rool over, you know?
At this point I am kicking her when she's down, yes, but she was the one considered "on top" for several months and the main thing standing in K. Rool's way. You couldn't make a full argument for him without deconstructing Dixie. People have decided to start talking about her in this thread again, so of course I'm going to argue against it.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
At this point I am kicking her when she's down, yes, but she was the one considered "on top" for several months and the main thing standing in K. Rool's way. You couldn't make a full argument for him without deconstructing Dixie. People have decided to start talking about her in this thread again, so of course I'm going to argue against it.
I don't see how Dixie stands in K. Rool's way. If anything, here's how it goes. Both are planned, K. Rool has a higher priority. If Dixie doesn't make it, she'll end up as DLC later.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Apparently there's a Chunky Kong assist trophy... does anyone else think this kinda helps K. Rool's chances on top of the already seen Kremlings?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Apparently there's a Chunky Kong assist trophy... does anyone else think this kinda helps K. Rool's chances on top of the already seen Kremlings?

Multiple people have reported seeing him at this point, but no pictures or videos have actually surfaced, so we're not sure if he's real or not.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Multiple people have reported seeing him at this point, but no pictures or videos have actually surfaced, so we're not sure if he's real or not.
LOOOOL

Well hopefully it's legit. He's my favourite character on dk64

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Seems kinda tacked on in my opinion. Retro should stand by their choice to not use Kremlings, not try to make up for it with a cheesy "it was dem da whole tiem omg twist" in the sequel.
Agreed, if Retro brings the Kremlings back they shouldn't retroactively change the previous villains into his pawns. It would be quite the ***-pull and I wasn't too happy that the White Walrus was somewhat similar to him. If they're gonna use different villains then they should be different villains, not echoes of the main villain.

Anyway, I'm kinda surprised to see Dixie has some type of presence in this thread; it's somewhat like how every other post in her thread is about K.Rool. If Dixie's truly not a concern for K.Rool there should be no need to bring her up. This is the K.Rool support thread, not the K.Rool's Better Than Dixie thread. We already know where most of us stand regarding these characters so reaffirming it is kinda pointless.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Here is a thought, what if K.Rool was the one who stirred up the Tiki's and Snowmads? he didn't control them, but while looking for power and treasure he aroused these other threats by accident

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I dunno. I liked the idea of K. Rool being behind the Tiki's at first, but now I'm starting to agree. If anything, they can come back in the next game and K. Rool pulls a "Hijacked by Ganon" THEN, but I'm starting to agree that K. Rool shouldn't retroactively be behind the new villains, they should just be new villains not linked to past ones.

Plus, K. Rool showing up again with the Kremlings will just prove how much better the Kremlings are anyway. :D

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Here is a thought, what if K.Rool was the one who stirred up the Tiki's and Snowmads? he didn't control them, but while looking for power and treasure he aroused these other threats by accident
That would be an incredible stretch that would be little more than petty fan-pandering. Plus it would make no sense. The tikis were disturbed by K. Rool so they go after DK's bananas? The Snowmads were antagonized by K. Rool so they take over DK island? Yeah, that just doesn't make sense.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
That would be an incredible stretch that would be little more than petty fan-pandering. Plus it would make no sense. The tikis were disturbed by K. Rool so they go after DK's bananas? The Snowmads were antagonized by K. Rool so they take over DK island? Yeah, that just doesn't make sense.
K.Rool, a known pirate, after his last defeat at the hands of DK decides to travel to find great treasures and weapons, attacks and destroys the home of the Snowmads, and tells them that he was under the command/driven out of his home by DK

admittedly I don't know about the tikis, but generaly semi-nomadic races go after the homeland of their attacker

Top Bottom