• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Now for my opinion on K. Rool himself. I believe a boss character status is unlikely for K. Rool because I don't believe Sakurai would do that to all the K. Rool fans who really want him in the game(Yes, I still have faith in Ridley being playable). Other than that, he literally has nothing against him:
-Heavyweight character(We could use more of these)
-Astounding moveset potential
-"Classic Character."Sakurai wants to have more classic characters, and K.Rool is a perfect character to revive.
-Facial Expressions. Think of what this guy's face will look like on the battlefield.
-Diddy Kong is a veteran. Diddy was a more requested character than K.Rool. When he finally made it into Brawl, it was Diddy's time to shine. K. Rool gettting in as well just seemed unlikely. Diddy Kong is back, but he's a veteran now. This is King. K. Rool's big chance.

So, this leaves one more thing.
K.Rool? Dixie? Both? Neither? Well, K.Rool is definitely more deserving, but Dixie Kong has gotten a revival in Tropical Freeze. She's also a female, who Sakurai has seemed to take a liking to(finally). This debate could go on for a while, but I'm waiting until E3 to see if this questiom will be answered.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
If we could have both, the more the merrier, but I'd personally only get really hype for K. Rool. I've never really been much of a Dixie fan and I'd rather have a heavyweight villain.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It's nice to see people supporting the idea of heavyweight villains, given that oftentimes, people argue against the addition of new heavyweights because "We already have Bowser, DK, and Dedede." It makes me feel like listing out every single lightweight character in Smash whenever people say that we should get another character in that mold instead, just to show how ridiculously lopsided characters are in that direction.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I still never saw the debate for "# of reps per franchise." If they had the time to implement and balance all the characters, does it matter if DK gets both Dixie & K Rool? Same goes for Star fox, Kirby and/or Kid Icarus, who cares if they're not as popular in comparison to Mario, Zelda and/or Pokemon? I'd welcome any and all DK characters if they wanted, clones or not

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I still never saw the debate for "# of reps per franchise." If they had the time to implement and balance all the characters, does it matter if DK gets both Dixie & K Rool? Same goes for Star fox, Kirby and/or Kid Icarus, who cares if they're not as popular in comparison to Mario, Zelda and/or Pokemon? I'd welcome any and all DK characters if they wanted, clones or not
I'm an advocate for franchises seeing some kind of equality. Franchises that apply, in my opinion, should have:

1. Main protagonist.
2. Main antagonist (or secondary antagonist in some cases).

After that, door swings wide open. Add whoever you want to that franchise 'cause you've represented the conflict already present in the franchise that makes that franchise tick. Now it's all fan service. This is why Donkey Kong needs K. Rool, why Metroid needs Ridley, why Mother needs Porky, why Wario needs Captain Syrup, why Kid Icarus needs Hades or Medusa, so on and so forth. There's so much untapped potential that it kinda frustrates me a bit to think about it, that instead of clearly heavily requested antagonists we get.. Wii Fit Trainer. Madness.

Anyway, that's just my opinion on it. It's how the game should've been approached after Smash 64.

tl;dr: Smash needs more antagonists before anything else.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
King. K Rool is three things that Smash needs more of: a villain, a heavyweight, and a classic character. If Sakurai is going to revive the Kremlings, then why not the LEADER of the Kremlings? The Kremlings appearing should at least mean he's in the game in some form other than a trophy..

Edit:I'm doing this in order not to post so much. The main reason I'm supporting King K. Rool a lot more now is because Bowser Jr.'s chances diminished greatly after Rosalina's reveal(which is why deep down I don't like Rosalina). I am aware many people could care less about him, but to see your most wanted newcomer's chances reduce greatly... it just hurts. I feel like King K. Rool is an extremely probable newcomer with better chances than Jr. If King K. Rool gets in, I will be happy for all the K. Rool fans who got one of their most wanted characters. I may not have my #1, but King K. Rool is still awesome.

LONG LIVE THE KING! Still rooting for you though Bowser Jr...

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
King. K Rool is three things that Smash needs more of: a villain, a heavyweight, and a classic character. If Sakurai is going to revive the Kremlings, then why not the LEADER of the Kremlings? The Kremlings appearing should at least mean he's in the game in some form other than a trophy..

Edit:I'm doing this in order not to post so much. The main reason I'm supporting King K. Rool a lot more now is because Bowser Jr.'s chances diminished greatly after Rosalina's reveal(which is why deep down I don't like Rosalina). I am aware many people could care less about him, but to see your most wanted newcomer's chances reduce greatly... it just hurts. I feel like King K. Rool is an extremely probable newcomer with better chances than Jr. If King K. Rool gets in, I will be happy for all the K. Rool fans who got one of their most wanted characters. I may not have my #1, but King K. Rool is still awesome.

LONG LIVE THE KING! Still rooting for you though Bowser Jr...
Welcome to the same level of love like us Ridley fans have. Seeing so much promise and then BAM! Its instant heart ache

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Tell me this. Does bringing back long forgotten enemies, but neglecting to bring their leader (literally) into play make sense? I don't think so.

Soupenomics

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-6913-7316
K. Rool is one of my most wanted characters, not sure why I haven't come to this thread yet.

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
I think in reality, K.Rool's chances of getting in the new smashbros is higher then ever, and WingedSnagret makes a good point. One of the first enemies we see in Smash Run ends up being the kremlings, and anyone who knows what they are, knows who they are connected with. As for the worries of K.Rool becoming a boss, I think he should be pretty safe. Another enemy that we saw in Smash Run were the Tiki's. I would imagine of Donkey Kong stages would have any Boss characters, it would be one of the two final bosses of the New Donkey Kong Country Games. Either the large Tiki Mask at the end of the first one, or the Walrus Pirate at the end of the second one (I apologize, I have yet to play either of those games, so I have no idea if they have any official names.) I wouldn't be at all surprised if bringing K.Rool back for smash would be great advertisement material for the next New Donkey Kong Country. Bring him back in Smash, the kiddies learn about an older more classic villain, then the great Croc King makes his debut in the Third installment of the new DK series.

It would be sort of odd to see K.Rool being nearly the same size as DK (in all the older games, he was always so much bigger) but when they brought him back in the Mario Sluggers game, he did look quite abit smaller so I think it could work. Overall I think K.Rool is one of the next most likely smash characters to be announced.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I doubt Tiki Tong will be a boss, since he's basically just Wham Bam Rock, who's obviously the forerunner of Master/Crazy Hand. As for Lord Fredrick, he might not appear at all. Tropical Freeze may get the Mario Galaxy Brawl treatment, where it's too recent to be accurately represented.

Of course it's not guaranteed that every franchise will receive a boss anyway, so we'll just wait and see.

Welcome to the boards by the way!

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
I doubt Tiki Tong will be a boss, since he's basically just Wham Bam Rock, who's obviously the forerunner of Master/Crazy Hand. As for Lord Fredrick, he might not appear at all. Tropical Freeze may get the Mario Galaxy Brawl treatment, where it's too recent to be accurately represented.

Of course it's not guaranteed that every franchise will receive a boss anyway, so we'll just wait and see.

Welcome to the boards by the way!
Thanks pal. Actually have been on before, but that was ages ago, so figured I would just make a new account.

That is very true for both counts. We probably dont know enough about the boss events as is. I guess the main point was more that K.Rool may not have to worry about boss status so much, with those two figures looming around. K.Rool thankfully has a bit of history on his side as well. Tiki Tong and Fredrick seem to be one time enemies, while K.Rool returned several times, leaving a bit more of an impact as a Donkey Kong Villain. I'm just hoping he could get character status. Would get him more well known and popular with the younger audience and help him regain his status as one of the big Nintendo Villains.

D

Deleted member

I hate to sound pessimistic here, but King K. Rool can still be a boss. It is possible that he ends up as a mid-level boss in a stage on Smash Run/Wii-U single-player mode. He would not need to be a giant-sized boss like we've seen in SSE here. I still think he has a good chance of being playable, but I do think that we need to be aware of the possibility of him being a mid-level boss in the game. Try to remain optimistic, but cautiously so.

He definitely won't be an end stage boss, though, no way will he have a massive, sweeping hitbox. It's either playable, mid-level boss, or Assist Trophy at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
It is certainly a possibility. As with any character it is very important to realize that nothing is guaranteed. The kremlings appearing in Smash Run at the very least let us know K.Rool hasn't been forgotten. He certainly has potential as a new character, and seems like he would fit the smash bros roster well, but even then, you gotta keep your guard up. I would desperately love to see him playable, but in some ways ide also just be happy to see him make an appearance as a Mid-Boss or Assist Trophy (of course im not wishing this upon K.Rool, simply saying that if he cant be playable, we pray he is at least more then a trophy this time around).

I do feel he will be playable this time around, and at the moment, he seems like one of the safer bets. But you never know with Sakurai, he is pretty crafty that way. Best we can do is be hopeful yet logical. K.Rool has potential, but so do a lot of characters.

D

Deleted member

I'd argue that Kremlings's appearance in Smash Run hints towards King K. Rool obtaining a larger role than just a trophy. It doesn't hint towards playable, but like you said, it does shows that K. Rool has not been forgotten. I will be very surprised if K. Rool is just a mere trophy again.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
On one hand, I want K. Rool.

On the other hand, I also want a moveset based entirely around the blunderbuss, and Kaptain K. Rool isn't exactly the de facto representative of the antagonists of Donkey Kong Country. And that gun doesn't exactly mesh with his cape and crown.

sigh

Yeah, its incredibly stupid and will make you doubt my intelligence, but the only reason I didn't initially support K. Rool is that I thought (And still think) he would overrepresent DKC2.

In 1, he jumped, ran, made things fall, and threw a crown.

In 3, he had a propeller pack, and a remote control to affect the environment.

In 2, he could suck things up, shoot cannonballs, shoot barrels, shoot spiky balls, shoot poison gases, rocket glide, turn invisible, pistol whip...

As odd as it would sound, if Kaptain K. Rool WAS a separate character, I would choose him over the king in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Topplox

Smash Apprentice

On the other hand, I also want a moveset based entirely around the blunderbuss, and Kaptain K. Rool isn't exactly the de facto representative of the antagonists of Donkey Kong Country. And that gun doesn't exactly mesh with his cape and crown.

sigh

Yeah, its incredibly stupid and will make you doubt my intelligence, but the only reason I didn't initially support K. Rool is that I thought (And still think) he would overrepresent DKC2.

In 2, he could suck things up, shoot cannonballs, shoot barrels, shoot spiky balls, shoot poison gases, rocket glide, turn invisible, pistol whip...

As odd as it would sound, if Kaptain K. Rool WAS a separate character, I would choose him over the king in a heartbeat.

Its very likely that if K.Rool was playable, he would most likely be represented as his normal kingly self (as it was his original concept which was then brought back later in Donkey Kong 64). But I definitely understand why you would want that. I feel DKC2 was the most polished of the the three classics. The others were good too, but I always remember renting DKC2 the most. That said I wouldnt be suprised if they took a few of Kaptain K. Rool's moves and added hints of it into K.Rool, the Kaptain being his own character is pretty unlikely. Its really hard to say, since K.Rool really hasn't been touched at all since DK 64, and the last we saw of him was in a sports game.

At this point K.Rool could grab inspiration from pretty much anywhere, but I understand your reasoning for preferring Kaptain over the others (I think I like that version of K.Rool the most, but I'de imagine him returning would be more about showing him off as his original concept rather then one of his alternate versions.).

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

sigh

This is how I feel about him.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Its very likely that if K.Rool was playable, he would most likely be represented as his normal kingly self (as it was his original concept which was then brought back later in Donkey Kong 64). But I definitely understand why you would want that. I feel DKC2 was the most polished of the the three classics. The others were good too, but I always remember renting DKC2 the most. That said I wouldnt be suprised if they took a few of Kaptain K. Rool's moves and added hints of it into K.Rool, the Kaptain being his own character is pretty unlikely. Its really hard to say, since K.Rool really hasn't been touched at all since DK 64, and the last we saw of him was in a sports game.

At this point K.Rool could grab inspiration from pretty much anywhere, but I understand your reasoning for preferring Kaptain over the others (I think I like that version of K.Rool the most, but I'de imagine him returning would be more about showing him off as his original concept rather then one of his alternate versions.).
Off the top of my head, the only non-DKC2 moves I can think of for K. Rool are:
Throwing/attacking with the crown (which cannonballs and pistol whipping could easily replace)

The Cannonball Jump (Which is not only similar to the Yoshi Jump, the Bowser Bomb, and the Super Dedede jump, but the cannonballs would be similar to PK Starstorm)

The Propeller Pack

Boxing (Villager and Little Mac have that covered)

Everything else? Blunderbuss.

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
Off the top of my head, the only non-DKC2 moves I can think of for K. Rool are:
Throwing/attacking with the crown (which cannonballs and pistol whipping could easily replace)

The Cannonball Jump (Which is not only similar to the Yoshi Jump, the Bowser Bomb, and the Super Dedede jump, but the cannonballs would be similar to PK Starstorm)

The Propeller Pack

Boxing (Villager and Little Mac have that covered)

Everything else? Blunderbuss.
Well if we are purley speculating/being very hopeful, I would love to see an incarnation of K.Rool who uses all sorts of diffrent moves from his past games.

B - Could be a charge up throw of his crown. When you throw it, it would act like Links Boomerang (longer you held it, stronger impact it would have)
Side B - Would love to see him use his gun from DKC2 and launch himself forward. Could act as another mode of recovery and be a good strong tackle. Maybe with an explosion behind him as, that could be used for hard impact?
Up B - Propeller Pack (or maybe one of those barrels from that Donkey Kong Racing game?) A somewhat easy to control floaty recovery, much like Villagers. If propeller pack, we could say the propeller causes slight damage like Peachs Umbrella.
Down B - This one would be a little harder, cause I haven't played many donkey kong games recently. I could imagine him doing a quick ground pound, causing a cannon ball from the air to fall down, like Pikachu's Thunder.

But really this is asking a lot, and it's very unlikely I feel they would do it this way.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Well if we are purley speculating/being very hopeful, I would love to see an incarnation of K.Rool who uses all sorts of diffrent moves from his past games.

B - Could be a charge up throw of his crown. When you throw it, it would act like Links Boomerang (longer you held it, stronger impact it would have)
Side B - Would love to see him use his gun from DKC2 and launch himself forward. Could act as another mode of recovery and be a good strong tackle. Maybe with an explosion behind him as, that could be used for hard impact?
Up B - Propeller Pack (or maybe one of those barrels from that Donkey Kong Racing game?) A somewhat easy to control floaty recovery, much like Villagers. If propeller pack, we could say the propeller causes slight damage like Peachs Umbrella.
Down B - This one would be a little harder, cause I haven't played many donkey kong games recently. I could imagine him doing a quick ground pound, causing a cannon ball from the air to fall down, like Pikachu's Thunder.

But really this is asking a lot, and it's very unlikely I feel they would do it this way.
From most of the fanmade movesets I've seen, his down special is usually his shockwave ground pound from DK64.

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
From most of the fanmade movesets I've seen, his down special is usually his shockwave ground pound from DK64.
That probably would be better (for some reason the N64 battle completely flew over my head). Would also mean he would borrow a move from each of the games in that regard. Actually would be kinda cool to see the cannon ball thing for a final smash, with cannon balls raining down on the stage (if they hit a platform they do a small bounce before falling past it until hitting the stage). The dropping cannon balls are one of the defining moments I remember most from the battle with him when I was a kid. Always ended up being the point where I would lose.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
The dropping cannonballs are certainly iconic, but at first glance, it would be very similar to PK Starstorm.

Personally, I'd like him to either use the Blast-o-Matic, or summon the Kredits that would carry opponents off the screen.

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
The dropping cannonballs are certainly iconic, but at first glance, it would be very similar to PK Starstorm.

Personally, I'd like him to either use the Blast-o-Matic, or summon the Kredits that would carry opponents off the screen.
A very good point. The kredits one is hilariously creative and clever. If they put that as his FS, I would be more then happy.

D

Deleted member

sigh

If King K. Rool gets in, it's going to be with his original outfit. However, it is possible that moves from DKC2 and DK64 are incorporated into his move set; I'm particularly hoping for some DKC2 moves incorporated into K. Rool for that reason.
That's actually what I'm expecting for King K. Rool's Down Special, although it does look somewhat similar to Yoshi's Down B Air (I think).

Last edited by a moderator:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Discussion seems to have slowed down here somewhat. Though I suspect many of us (including myself) are caught up in last minute schoolwork.

There's some evidence on the Brawl disc that individual victory themes were possibility going to be implemented. Assuming they decide to implement them here, what would K. Rool's be? The opening to Gangplank Galleon but victory-ized?

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
Discussion seems to have slowed down here somewhat. Though I suspect many of us (including myself) are caught up in last minute schoolwork.

There's some evidence on the Brawl disc that individual victory themes were possibility going to be implemented. Assuming they decide to implement them here, what would K. Rool's be? The opening to Gangplank Galleon but victory-ized?
It would be cool if it was a rock remix of Krook's March as his victory theme.

Welshy91

Smash Ace

I can't see any segment of Gangplank Galleon being shortened enough into a victory theme. I also don't think it should be rock/metal. Things don't have to be rock/metal to be good. I'm thinking something triumphant and regal, like K. Rool.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I can't see any segment of Gangplank Galleon being shortened enough into a victory theme. I also don't think it should be rock/metal. Things don't have to be rock/metal to be good. I'm thinking something triumphant and regal, like K. Rool.
I can see a victory version of Gangplank Galleon no sweat. Imagined it in my head in about ten seconds. If I actually had access to music programs and knew how to work 'em, I'd do it. I'm sure someone else might, though.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
This is my KKR moveset
Normal B- Cannon gun: KKR takes out the gun he used when he was a pirate to shoot a cannonball to his opponents
Side b:Boxing gloveKing K rool throws a boxing glove, you can use to attack people a la mazinger z or can use to to grab items in the distance
Up B: KKR uses that flying machine he used when he was a mad scientist, it can also hurt other characters
Down B: Similar to pikachu thunder, KKR stomps the ground and makes a cannonball fall
Final Smash: Kreditz

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Funny how this is the banner Sean decides to release right as Kong Kollege ends for me and a whole number of other students across the U.S.

D

Deleted member

Funny how this is the banner Sean decides to release right as Kong Kollege ends for me and a whole number of other students across the U.S.

This totally reminds me of a religious quote that I won't be discussing here.

That said, I love how K. Rool exposed the irony here.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
Just posted this comment on YouTube. Since I'm a huge K. Rool supporter, thought I'd share.

At this current point DKC is extremely underrepresented in Smash. In Brawl, sure, two reps was okay, but the series has been rebooted, with both games being huge successes. There are only two logical choices for a new character from the series (which it is definitely deserving of).

1. Dixie: I'll give people this, she was brought back in TF, which gives her new found relevancy, something K. Rool doesn't really have...sorta. But we'll get to that soon enough. But other than that, and being female (which Sakurai loves this time around) that"s it. Because the main thing he is looking for, is uniqueness. Dixie could potentially have a moveset revolving her hair (not doubting the genius of Sakurai after he made a WFT moveset), but when compared to K. Rool, who is both a villain (something Smash is extremely lacking) and has extreme moveset potential, she doesn't really compare.

2. King K. Rool: Lets see what K Rool has going for him:
-Being a villain, something Smash is lacking even moreso than females.
-Being important to the series, sure Dixie was important to the past games, but they could have very easily done well without her. K Rool is the main villain. Use this as an analogy, if you had to pick one character to be in Smash 4 (not based on if you use them or not, but based on their importantness to the LoZ franchise) who would it be? Ganondorf or Sheik? Most would answer Ganondorf, because he's the main villain, as opposed to Sheik, who Smash (and TLoZ) could easily do without.
-Moveset potential, real quick, look up all K Rool. boss battles in DK games. Then look up Dixie in playable form in DK games. Which looks to easily have more moveset potential?....exactly.
-Being somewhat referenced in Smash 4, everyone by now knows that the Kritters are enemies in Smash Run. What does this do for K. Rool? Lots actually. Now if the Kremlings were an enemy that commonly appeared in modern DK games, then this wouldn't be a huge deal (probably wouldnt be bringing this up right now). But this is an enemy...no no...race that hasn't been referenced since 2008 in Mario Super Sluggers. (And I don't even know how long since they've appeared in a DK game..) That was brought back suddenly, for "no good reason." Now I don't know if this directly affects KKR's chances, but it definitely helps that his race was magically revived for the occasion..
-Sakurai KNOWS, Sakurai knows about most characters being requested for Smash...if he knows about Waluigi and Ridely, then he knows about K. Rool. Kind of tying in to what I said above, why would he bring them back, if there's no major importance to K. Rool in the game? He revived the race, so why not their heavily requested, unique, villainous, iconic, and hype-building leader?
-And just to add one more point, Sakurai NEEDS hyped characters to announce at E3. Other than Ridley (who's incredibly debatable at this point), Mewtwo (if we're getting 6 Pokemon reps, because Jiggs ain't getting cut), Shulk (which there are mixed opinions about), or mabye Pac-man (see previous), The one major (first party) rep to get many people incredibly hyped would be K Rool.

Welp...on to Smashboards..

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Now for my opinion on K. Rool himself. I believe a boss character status is unlikely for K. Rool because I don't believe Sakurai would do that to all the K. Rool fans who really want him in the game(Yes, I still have faith in Ridley being playable). Other than that, he literally has nothing against him:
-Heavyweight character(We could use more of these)
-Astounding moveset potential
-"Classic Character."Sakurai wants to have more classic characters, and K.Rool is a perfect character to revive.
-Facial Expressions. Think of what this guy's face will look like on the battlefield.
-Diddy Kong is a veteran. Diddy was a more requested character than K.Rool. When he finally made it into Brawl, it was Diddy's time to shine. K. Rool gettting in as well just seemed unlikely. Diddy Kong is back, but he's a veteran now. This is King. K. Rool's big chance.

So, this leaves one more thing.
K.Rool? Dixie? Both? Neither? Well, K.Rool is definitely more deserving, but Dixie Kong has gotten a revival in Tropical Freeze. She's also a female, who Sakurai has seemed to take a liking to(finally). This debate could go on for a while, but I'm waiting until E3 to see if this questiom will be answered.
"Facial Expressions"

"Ahhhg!"

Last edited:

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
Just posted this comment on YouTube. Since I'm a huge K. Rool supporter, thought I'd share.

2. King K. Rool: Lets see what K Rool has going for him:

-Being important to the series, sure Dixie was important to the past games, but they could have very easily done well without her. K Rool is the main villain. Use this as an analogy, if you had to pick one character to be in Smash 4 (not based on if you use them or not, but based on their importantness to the LoZ franchise) who would it be? Ganondorf or Sheik? Most would answer Ganondorf, because he's the main villain, as opposed to Sheik, who Smash (and TLoZ) could easily do without.
I agree with most of your points except this one. You couldn't have DKC3 without Dixie, she was the main character of the game. If you mean, she could have just been replaced (like she was in 64), you could say the same thing about K. Rool (as he was in Returns and Tropical Freeze). And comparing Dixie to Sheik is unfair. Dixie is way more important to the DK franchise than Sheik is to Zelda. Sheik was in ONE game.

Dixie is important to not only the DK franchise, but to Nintendo as well. Rare took a big risk by benching the star of its first and second game to feature Dixie in DKC3. She had her own game before Princess Peach! The DKC trilogy is the major benchmark when it comes to DK, and Dixie is a main part of that, being more playable than DK himself. The games could not have been easily done without her.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
K. Rool doesn't really seem sensible as a boss when you think about it, I mean, it's not impossible, but yeah - He's not on the same size or level of what we's seen so far, or heck, assuming the Shark from Animal Crossing, irrelevant.

(Yes, I know Ridley's relevant, quiet you.)

Top Bottom