• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Yehe boi! The King of Kremlings! I remember when I got home from school one day when Brawl was in development and he told me "Hey, a new DK character was revealed! Guess who?" And then I was like, "King K. Rool! It has to be." And then he broke my ehart by saying, "Nope, Diddy Kong."

From the moment on I hated Diddy Kong and vow that if King K. Rool is playable, I will make a point to beat the crap out of every Diddy I see with him. It ain't Diddy's fault, but the disappointment was real.
That's more your fault for thinking K Rool would get in before Diddy. You really were setting yourself up for disappointment.

But hey, I wouldn't blame you if you hated Dixie if she got in and K Rool didn't.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
That's more your fault for thinking K Rool would get in before Diddy. You really were setting yourself up for disappointment.

But hey, I wouldn't blame you if you hated Dixie if she got in and K Rool didn't.
It is my fault, but I made the mistake of thinking King K. Rool was a much more likely character than Diddy. Little did I know...

As for Dixie versus King K. Rool in the present day, I wouldn't be soul crushed as I already got a character I seriously wanted(solo-zard and Greninja), as well a the improved Bowser to toy with in place of our beloved King. It'd be quite sad, but I'd manage to live.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
My idea for his trailer would be DK and Diddy running through the jungle, DKR style. The opening would be cinematic and 3D before cutting to what looks like 2.5D gameplay footage of them. They're running through a beautiful jungle coastline, with a sailing ship way in the background.

Suddenly, from the background, the ship fires a cannonball, which smashes into the both of them, sending them flying. The camera does a dramatic zoom onto the ship, where we see a Kritter looking through a telescope. He closes it up, and gives a "we got them" gesture to someone offscreen. The camera pans to reveal that offscreen figure is none other than our great king, who laughs maniacally.

"King K. Rool makes his komeback!"

We'd then see his entrance/idle animation, as well as a large amount of gameplay footage, all set to an absolutely rockin' version of Gangplank Galleon. Special attention goes to him throwing his crown at DK and Diddy on the Gangplank Galleon stage and fighting DK and Little Mac on the Boxing ring stage.

Back to the cinematics, we'd see K. Rool surrounded by DK, Diddy, Bowser, and Little Mac. He'd look around for a moment, before flopping to the floor, seemingly defeated. The other characters move in closer to investigate, but unbeknownst to them, K. Rool slyly pulls out a remote control and presses it. Out of the background, the Blast-O-Matic rises up, and begins charging. K. Rool gets up and activates his propeller pack, using it to fly above the rest. He laughs as he presses the button once more, causing the Blast-O-Matic to shoot a massive beam towards the fighters. We get a quick glimpse of all of them panicking before a massive explosion occurs, all while K. Rool flies crookedly away into the foreground.

Your idea actually reminded me of the Brawl Dojo days when they revealed the early cutscenes for the Subspace Emissary. I remember when Mario and Kirby where shaking hands and afterwords the red clouds started forming while the princesses got close to Mario and Kirby. Than we'd see the bomb planted on the ground and hear a canonball launched. Im here like "IT'S KING K.ROOL! HE FIRED THE CANONBALL AT MARIO!" and as the princesses are captured and the puff of smokes clear we find out that it's no other than Petey Piranha... so then im just left here to feel sad.

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
I've always had a trailer in mind for K. Rool, it starts off with DK and Diddy fighting off Tiki's in Smash Run, a cannon ball is shot towards one of the tikis. When DK turns around to see who did it, K. Rool smacks him right in his face with the back of his blunderbuss and orders his Kritters to take over Donkey Kong Island once more. Of course, it shows a montage of K. Rool kicking ass and getting his ass handed by all the other players (all done with an expressively goofy face). K. Rool then uses cheap tactics against Bowser, Mario, King Dedede etc. With his back turned, Donkey Kong regains consciousness and begins his wind up punch. K. Rool turns around and suddenly drops to the ground as if in defeat. DK, confused, stands there for a good couple of seconds and shrugs his shoulders to the audience. The Super Smash Bros logo is then shown with the release date....

....After that, you see Donkey Kong walking away with K. Rool closely following him from behind.

D

Deleted member

Well, after today's pic of the day, playable K. Rool can have a tail one way or another. :troll:
But it sure looks silly on him.

QUICK. SOMEONE DRAW FAN ART OF K. ROOL IN TANOOKI OUTFIT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
All the artists are hanging out in the Ridley thread. Although they did get the Tanooki Ridley drawing up before this pic of the day

fill

20EggsEggs
Well, after today's pic of the day, playable K. Rool can have a tail one way or another. :troll:
so what happens with the previous tail and ears when you wear the tanooki tail/ears combo. for instance characters like fox already has both, so do they lose and replace or re-color? So what would happen to KRool? i imagine he would be in the same boat as Yoshi

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
They would indeed replace your tail and would probably add on the ears like the bunny hood. Bowser had a raccoon tail instead of his usual one.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
so what happens with the previous tail and ears when you wear the tanooki tail/ears combo. for instance characters like fox already has both, so do they lose and replace or re-color? So what would happen to KRool? i imagine he would be in the same boat as Yoshi
K. Rool would have a raccoon tail and ears next to his crown.

I can't wait to see Charizard with a raccoon tail! The hilarity.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I personally feel that his stage shouldn't be Gangplank Galleon, we've already had two other stages with ships in them and we don't need a third one. Something more original that stands out should be used, like Krazy Kremland. A big, dark, pirate-themed amusement park with tons of DKC2 music haha. Zinger hives busily buzzing away in the background, maybe the gulch world is visible there too. Narcissistic enough for him and less run-of-the-mill than another ship level.

Yeah that's what I tink. :)

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
I personally feel that his stage shouldn't be Gangplank Galleon, we'vre already had two other stages with ships in them and we don't need a third one. Something more original that stands out should be used, like Krazy Kremland. A big, dark, pirate-themed amusement park with tons of DKC2 music haha. Zinger hives busily buzzing away in the background, maybe the gulch world is visible in the background. Narcissistic enough for him and less run-of-the-mill than another ship level.

I'd agree...
Nostalgia-goggles engaged!
but Gangplank Galleon has the best music ever, and is one of King K. Rool's best arenas.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I personally feel that his stage shouldn't be Gangplank Galleon, we've already had two other stages with ships in them and we don't need a third one. Something more original that stands out should be used, like Krazy Kremland. A big, dark, pirate-themed amusement park with tons of DKC2 music haha. Zinger hives busily buzzing away in the background, maybe the gulch world is visible there too. Narcissistic enough for him and less run-of-the-mill than another ship level.

A lot of people rally behind Gangplank Galleon because it's his most iconic home stage, even though it might not be the most interesting (kind of like how every K. Rool moveset has the Crown Toss, even though it's a pretty basic boomerang). Krazy Kremland would be a fantastic home stage as well, if only for the sake of a Disco Train remix like this one.

Also, just noticed this was my 5000th post. Good thing I was planning on making it in this thread anyways.

Last edited:

Kickback

Smash Cadet

I love Kremland, coolest Area in DKC 2, shame it only had two levels ( if retro ever remakes K.rools island I hope they keep kremland). A Kremland level would be cool but its not as Iconic as the Gangplank Galleon.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I know I'm super late to the party, but man, I've supported K. Rool since Brawl days. I'd love nothing more than to see him in Smash 4. :D

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I've been rooting for him since Melee, although I haven't been on here since then. I do feel slightly cheated that K Rool has been denied for as long as he has, although Ridley really makes me cry to myself. If there has ever been two characters who deserve to be in this game I feel like they truly belong.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
K. Rool is the only main villain (besides Black Shadow, though I guess you could also count Samurai Goroh as the main villain), who hasn't yet received tangible representation in Smash. By that I mean, he has only shown up as a trophy or sticker. I think that will have to change this time. Even if he's not playable, an Assist Trophy or a stage boss, something.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yehe boi! The King of Kremlings! I remember when I got home from school one day when Brawl was in development and he told me "Hey, a new DK character was revealed! Guess who?" And then I was like, "King K. Rool! It has to be." And then he broke my ehart by saying, "Nope, Diddy Kong."

From the moment on I hated Diddy Kong and vow that if King K. Rool is playable, I will make a point to beat the crap out of every Diddy I see with him. It ain't Diddy's fault, but the disappointment was real.
But it was clear logic that Diddy would be the second DKC character that would get in. Like... Everybody knew that that was going to happen. :rolleyes:

Just like with Zero Suit Samus and Metroid. :4zss:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
But it was clear logic that Diddy would be the second DKC character that would get in. Like... Everybody knew that that was going to happen. :rolleyes:

Just like with Zero Suit Samus and Metroid. :4zss:
It's more a fault of personal bias. I always hated monkeys, and loved crocodiles.

I was also out of the whole popularity loop. Looking back, Diddy was painfully obvious.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
King K. Rool is my most hoped for character is Smash 4. I'd just like to throw out a possible moveset.

King K. Rool

A: Bites forward quickly

A (A while dashing): ramming headbutt

up+A: arching klaw – swings claw over his head

side+A: K. Rool Klaw – slams claw forward

down+A: sweeping klaw – low claw attack that knocks them up.

smash attacks:

smash up+A: throws a cannonball up. (the longer you charge the further it goes.) It comes back down even stronger.

smash side+A: spins wildly while holding a cannonball.

smash down+A: slams the ground with a cannonball (similar to wario from project m)

Air attacks:

A: spreads his arms and hits you with the front of his body. (similar to Deedeedee)

up+A: crunches his teeth up above him

forward+A: brings both claws together in an X infront of himself.

back+A: spins and swipes a claw behind himself.

down+A: dives down with butt similar to wario's down arial from Project M

special attacks:

B: Blunderbuss – fires spiked cannonball which can be shot strait or can be arched.

side+B: Crown-a-rang – throws his crown like a boomarang.

up+B: Propeller pack – allows a hover-like flight for a short time.

down+B: ground pound shock wave – jumps and pounds the ground making rings of electric damage around him.

grab attacks:

grab+A - slams them into the ground while still holding them.

grab+forward – flings them forward.

grab+back – flings them back

grab+down - puts you under him does a short hop and sits on you. Similar to DeeDeeDee's down throw

grab+up – throws you up slightly and headbutts you.

Final Smash – Raining Cannonballs

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I was thinking about it, and I would really like a brand new design for K. Rool. The guy usually rocks a different look every game he's in anyway. (I always did like the pirate theme the best, though.)

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I was thinking about it, and I would really like a brand new design for K. Rool. The guy usually rocks a different look every game he's in anyway. (I always did like the pirate theme the best, though.)
I remember a while back there was a rumor circulating that K. Rool was going to be in, and his design was going to be updated to match the DKCR art style. I don't think anything ever really came out of that so far as I remember, but hey, you never know.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
To be fair, it is a Virtual Console game, so it doesn't really mean K. Rool will be back.

Still, I'm glad we're seeing the Donkey Kong game on VC again. Hopefully this means the Donkey Kong Country games can show up on the Wii U Virtual Console.
Still no word why, other than the assumption of Rare said boo

D

Deleted member

Still no word why, other than the assumption of Rare said boo
Which really didn't make a lot of sense to me. Now that we know the Donkey Kong games are coming back to the Virtual Console, I have doubts that Rare was involved; although I'm not sure what could have triggered the removal.

D

Deleted member

If both happened at the same time, I would be extremely excited.

Top Bottom