• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Welshy91

Smash Ace
K Rool's primary weapon is his size. Sure, he's used a handful of gadgets, but he'll always try to trample/tackle/ram you.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
I personally think the blunderbuss should be a special only and then we can have him ramming and tackling for Smash attacks and such. Maybe he could pull out a Klaptrap or two.

bobadz

Smash Ace

Apprently this was drawn by a big donkey kong country fan in Japan on Miiverse. It shows the K.Rool is still popular in Japan.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Apprently this was drawn by a big donkey kong country fan in Japan on Miiverse. It shows the K.Rool is still popular in Japan.
Well, it also has Ridley and he;s not popular there

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, quite surprised to see Ridley in a Japanese guy's drawing. It's pretty cool though. Didn't really doubt that K. Rool is still popular over there though.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Little Mac and Ridley huh? That's really cool. I think their lack of popularity is probably exaggerated, but it's true that they're not nearly as requested as Mewtwo or Mega Man were.

It's infinitely better than yet another DBZ or Sonic the Hedgehog fanart though.

Korporal K. Reep

Smash Apprentice
I was talking with a friend today regarding K. Rool, and I'd like to share our speculation/theories here:

K. Rool's Backstory

- K. Rool is not the king/master of the Kremlings by birthright. If he was, he wouldn't have been hanging out with Cranky and participating in dangerous/life-threatening activities as a child, but instead have been heavily guarded (this point pulls from the DKC cartoon). How did he acquire power then? Well, the Northern Kremisphere was originally ruled by bears. K. Rool led the Kremlings into battle against the bears in the Kremean War, and in doing so, gained power after their victory (more on how he attained victory below). The aftermath is apparent in the events of DKC3, as the area is seen controlled by Kremlings.

- Before the war, when K. Rool still hung out with Cranky, he attended Kong Kollege with him and all the other Kongs (this was where he learned to spell his c's with k's). Before long, he noticed that what he was being taught was utter krockshate (the incorrect answers to the math problems on the board, the incorrect spelling, etc), and dropped out. What he saw led him to believe that the apes were inferior beings to him, and from that point on, referred to them as dumb apes or the like. He began cheating in competitions with Cranky and broke off their friendship soon after.

Kremling Source

- How can there be masses of identical Kremlings if there are no female members (excluding Kalypso/Kass)? How can they reproduce? Well the DKC2 manual states: "There are rumors of a lost world located deep beneath Crocodile Isle. It has been said that this is the source of the Kremlings." With this in mind, K. Rool harnessed the energy (I think I read somewhere that it was called the "Kremling Source") in the center of Krocodile Kore to clone hordes of mindless crocodilian soldiers. Have you guys noticed how DKC1 and DKC2's Kremlings looked so alike, just dressed differently? Zingers remained identical, Klomps are basically Kritters, and the manual even refers to Kannons as Klumps. The Kremlings in DKC1/2 were all clones. That's why after the Kremling Source got destroyed in DKC2, the total population seemed to have noticeably diminished, and the Kremlings looked entirely different (Kritters and Klomps from DKC1/2 looked different than Kobbles in DKC3, and Kritters in DK64/Jungle Climber).

- This is how K. Rool won the Kremean War - by amassing a huge army of crocodilian warriors to greatly outnumber the bears. This cloning concept also explains why Kremlings/Kremling Allies outnumber the bears/Kongs/other wildlife so greatly.

K. Rool's Master Status/Different Kremlings

- Perhaps this is why K. Rool's underlings are still loyal to him and are at his service even though he treats them harshly and brutally. He created them; they exist to do his bidding. But how come he wasn't Master during DKC3? I propose that he wasn't the ruler of the entire Kremling race originally, but rather only within his cloned group of minions for some time. For the war, DKC1, and DKC2, he only selected the very best troops to be cloned and brought with him. The rest of the population chose to reside in the Northern Kremisphere, a place which became popular for Kremlings to go to, as the low number of bears seemed to be not much of a threat. None of the Kremlings there even heard of K. Rool, for after the liberation of the area, K. Rool left and took all of his troops with him for the events of DKC1. After the Kremling Source and his clone army was demolished, K. Rool had to work with the remaining - the real non-cloned Kremlings. The problem was seizing power. He had to use a puppet leader, KAOS, who seemed like a very powerful, promising figure. After DKC3, all there was left were the troops from DK64, which were far more wimpy in comparison (compare the Kritters/Klomps in DKC1/2 to the incompetent Kritters in DK64). He eventually regained supreme rule by establishing a new mechanical island home for the rest of the Kremling population.

Tell me what you guys think, and share your ideas.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Very interesting analysis there, dk64kingkrool. While I think the whole idea of clones and secret power sources is a little far-fetched, I do agree with the analysis on K. Rool's rise to power, or at least the main point of it. I personally never viewed K. Rool as a noble or monarch descended from birth. DKC's parallels to American imperialism in Latin America, as addressed in that one episode of Game Theory, helps explain how I've always viewed the Kremling King: a military dictator. The Kremlings are extremist, militant insurgents on DK Isle, while the Kongs are more or less the nationalist resistance trying to keep their home safe for themselves. K. Rool, through sheer charisma (and insanity) was able to amass and mobilize a revolutionary force of significant size to pose a threat to the island.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was talking with a friend today regarding K. Rool, and I'd like to share our speculation/theories here:

K. Rool's Backstory

- K. Rool is not the king/master of the Kremlings by birthright. If he was, he wouldn't have been hanging out with Cranky and participating in dangerous/life-threatening activities as a child, but instead have been heavily guarded (this point pulls from the DKC cartoon). How did he acquire power then? Well, the Northern Kremisphere was originally ruled by bears. K. Rool led the Kremlings into battle against the bears in the Kremean War, and in doing so, gained power after their victory (more on how he attained victory below). The aftermath is apparent in the events of DKC3, as the area is seen controlled by Kremlings.

- Before the war, when K. Rool still hung out with Cranky, he attended Kong Kollege with him and all the other Kongs (this was where he learned to spell his c's with k's). Before long, he noticed that what he was being taught was utter krockshate (the incorrect answers to the math problems on the board, the incorrect spelling, etc), and dropped out. What he saw led him to believe that the apes were inferior beings to him, and from that point on, referred to them as dumb apes or the like. He began cheating in competitions with Cranky and broke off their friendship soon after.

Kremling Source

- How can there be masses of identical Kremlings if there are no female members (excluding Kalypso/Kass)? How can they reproduce? Well the DKC2 manual states: "There are rumors of a lost world located deep beneath Crocodile Isle. It has been said that this is the source of the Kremlings." With this in mind, K. Rool harnessed the energy (I think I read somewhere that it was called the "Kremling Source") in the center of Krocodile Kore to clone hordes of mindless crocodilian soldiers. Have you guys noticed how DKC1 and DKC2's Kremlings looked so alike, just dressed differently? Zingers remained identical, Klomps are basically Kritters, and the manual even refers to Kannons as Klumps. The Kremlings in DKC1/2 were all clones. That's why after the Kremling Source got destroyed in DKC2, the total population seemed to have noticeably diminished, and the Kremlings looked entirely different (Kritters and Klomps from DKC1/2 looked different than Kobbles in DKC3, and Kritters in DK64/Jungle Climber).

- This is how K. Rool won the Kremean War - by amassing a huge army of crocodilian warriors to greatly outnumber the bears. This cloning concept also explains why Kremlings/Kremling Allies outnumber the bears/Kongs/other wildlife so greatly.

K. Rool's Master Status/Different Kremlings

- Perhaps this is why K. Rool's underlings are still loyal to him and are at his service even though he treats them harshly and brutally. He created them; they exist to do his bidding. But how come he wasn't Master during DKC3? I propose that he wasn't the ruler of the entire Kremling race originally, but rather only within his cloned group of minions for some time. For the war, DKC1, and DKC2, he only selected the very best troops to be cloned and brought with him. The rest of the population chose to reside in the Northern Kremisphere, a place which became popular for Kremlings to go to, as the low number of bears seemed to be not much of a threat. None of the Kremlings there even heard of K. Rool, for after the liberation of the area, K. Rool left and took all of his troops with him for the events of DKC1. After the Kremling Source and his clone army was demolished, K. Rool had to work with the remaining - the real non-cloned Kremlings. The problem was seizing power. He had to use a puppet leader, KAOS, who seemed like a very powerful, promising figure. After DKC3, all there was left were the troops from DK64, which were far more wimpy in comparison (compare the Kritters/Klomps in DKC1/2 to the incompetent Kritters in DK64). He eventually regained supreme rule by establishing a new mechanical island home for the rest of the Kremling population.

Tell me what you guys think, and share your ideas.
What? K Rool was the leader of the Kremlins in DKC3

Korporal K. Reep

Smash Apprentice
What? K Rool was the leader of the Kremlins in DKC3
Yes, K. Rool was the the one in control, but he had to rule indirectly through KAOS. My point was that there were other cultures of Kremlings that existed and K. Rool just ruled his group of clones until DK64, where he gained full control over the remaining Kremlings. Perhaps the ones in DKC3 wouldn't listen to him so he had to use a puppet ruler that appealed to them.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Strange, I was never under the impression the Kremlins didn't know K Rool was in charge in game

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
While this is a neat type of story for K. Rool, I've always thought that the Kremlings pretended to be loyal to KAOS. I thought it was all planned out.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This backstory stuff is quite fascinating. I was reading a personality analysis for K. Rool over on DKVine, and saw some interesting stuff I thought I'd copy over to here.

One guy writes:

"It is interesting comparing Bowser to K. Rool.

One thing no one has mentioned is how Bowser is more honorable than K. Rool. K. Rool cheats, takes cheap shots, acts desperate and cowardly at times. (like when he flees on his Kruiser in DK64). He's pure scum with no redeeming qualities. And that's what makes him so distinct as a villian.

Bowser on the other hand faces Mario with honesty. He wants to prove he's better than Mario so he pulls no cheap tricks. When Bowser fights Mario you get a sense that Bowser has this rivalry with him and is out to prove something. Bowser even respects Mario to a degree, seeing him as a worthy foe.

They truly are very different characters. In their goals, how they see their enemies, the relationship with their minions, and much more.

I think the two characters compliment each other as villains being so different yet somewhat similar really shows off how much deeper they are than just some large evil reptiles."

Another writes:

"One element of K. Rool's personality I've brought up before that I really like is, compared to other villains like Bowser, he legitimately just doesn't give a crap about the Kongs at all. There's no sense of grudging respect or wanting to prove himself superior; Donkey Kong is a pest, so of course K. Rool's superior. Pests get tied up and bashed in the face with blunderbusses, or talked down to with dumb ape speech, or just dropped into a damn pit because K. Rool doesn't have time for you. He's got things to do, and people's faces to rub it into.

I picture K. Rool, in a Subspace Emissary sort of story, to be a complete showoff who makes no secret of the fact that he thinks he's better than the other villains in the Legion of Doom-y teamup and tries to steal the spotlight (as opposed to in Brawl, where Bowser and Ganon are trying to one-up each other for the sake of greed). This drops away immediately if he ever has to interact with the Kongs, and he gets physically repulsed by them being anywhere near him."

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Those are some words of goddamn wisdom, I tell you what.

A really cool thing about K. Rool is that he represents something not found elsewhere in Smash: being outright despicable. Wario's outlook on life is similar, although he's much more tolerant of others, especially if it means personal gain. He's not afraid of being a good guy if it means he gets a bunch of money at the end.

K. Rool, on the other hand, I could see turning down unending amounts of treasure just because the idea of being a "good guy" would completely disgust him. I don't know a lot about the character, but that's what I get out of him at a glance; someone who puts being an a$$hole above all else. That's an archetype I can definitely get down with.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So guys, just a warning, if you say you don't like K. Rool or you don't want him playable in Smash 4, he's got another trap, and it's set juuusssttttt for you.

It's already struck someone, and I have video footage of it below...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm surprised that Little Mac and Ridley are in this pic despite the fact that they aren't popular in Japan. It's also rather cool to see Black Shadow be in this pic as it shows how popular he is over there, most likely attributed to the F-Zero anime I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Bump. lol

Even though the're fake 99.9% of the time, the first thing I look for in a "leak" is a playable K. Rool. Since it's all I really want out of these games.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Bowser is actually quite honorable. His goals may be evil, but he goes about them with a surprising sense of honesty. He's also done some heroic stuff here and there.

Wario is just some greedy dude who will help anyone as long as he gets money. He doesn't really care about others.

Ganondorf has a tremendous lust for power. However, he does seem to have a respect for life, even if he doesn't always show it.

I can barely call Dedede or Meta Knight villains anymore.

Wolf does actually have a sense of morality. He's a criminal but at the same time, he keeps his promises and values life.

Ridley is sociopathic and bloodthirsty. However, he does have a sense of loyalty to his cause. Ridley won't betray you if he swears to follow you.

K.Rool has no redeeming qualities.

Black Shadow has no redeeming qualities either.

Nintendo seems to have villains that have a least one redeemable trait.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
K.Rool has no redeeming qualities.
I always thought that King K. Rool's childish enthusiasm was charming. Sure, he does go off the deep end to the point that he's a crazy scoundrel 100%, but when you fight him in DKC, I thought he was more immature and giddy than diabolical. Almost like he tried to starve the Kongs as more of a prank than a threat.

I'm rambling, at this point.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Has anyone ever told K. Rool (or the Kongs, for that matter) that bananas aren't really that good?

I mean, yeah, they taste alright, but it's nothing to start a race war over.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Another great analysis:

"Another reason K. Rool works so well is that he's a perfect contrast to Donkey Kong if we look as both as the head of their people.

K. Rool is a sociopathic oligarch who doesn't give a **** about his people, his heritage or his homeland. All that matters is personal power and wealth. He lives in a massive gothic castle, towering high above the citizens of his island, and is willing to sell everyone and everything down the river for power grabs, or, worse, matters of personal pride. His documented disregard for the environment is just one of many examples of him putting personal wealth over the benefit of others.

Donkey Kong relies, depends on, and protects his friends, family, and the animals of his island. He lives at the base of his island, among the people, in a small wooden treehouse, his only accumulation of personal wealth being his love for bananas. The only time he ever shows rage is when someone threatens the Island, its environment, or the way of life of the Kongs.

Complete polar opposites, which is why they make such great enemies."

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Another great analysis:

"Another reason K. Rool works so well is that he's a perfect contrast to Donkey Kong if we look as both as the head of their people.

K. Rool is a sociopathic oligarch who doesn't give a **** about his people, his heritage or his homeland. All that matters is personal power and wealth. He lives in a massive gothic castle, towering high above the citizens of his island, and is willing to sell everyone and everything down the river for power grabs, or, worse, matters of personal pride. His documented disregard for the environment is just one of many examples of him putting personal wealth over the benefit of others.

Donkey Kong relies, depends on, and protects his friends, family, and the animals of his island. He lives at the base of his island, among the people, in a small wooden treehouse, his only accumulation of personal wealth being his love for bananas. The only time he ever shows rage is when someone threatens the Island, its environment, or the way of life of the Kongs.

Complete polar opposites, which is why they make such great enemies."
Well, DK may live on the lower levels of his island, but he does live in a tower

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
geez.. I'm not a user of NeoGAF, but I usually read the threads (especially the Smash4 one) at work for get easy access to Smash related news... but what's wrong with them? Why they hate the Donkey Kong series? lol... actually, I feel that Nintendo for them is only Fire Emblem, Pokémon and their potentials "waifus", lol...

this was relevant for here just because this started by a "K. Rool discussion".. worth or not worth character and such. :\/

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
geez.. I'm not a user of NeoGAF, but I usually read the threads (especially the Smash4 one) at work for get easy access to Smash related news... but what's wrong with them? Why they hate the Donkey Kong series? lol... actually, I feel that Nintendo for them is only Fire Emblem, Pokémon and their potentials "waifus", lol...

this was relevant for here just because this started by a "K. Rool discussion".. worth or not worth character and such. :\/
I think they just would rather have a metroid game

Personally, I love the DKC games and am not that interested in a prime game.

I would love a metroidvania metroid game though

Seriously, no "Hardcore" gamer would complain about Donkey Kong if it wasn't made by the same people as their precious Prime

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I think they just would rather have a metroid game

Personally, I love the DKC games and am not that interested in a prime game.

I would love a metroidvania metroid game though

Seriously, no "Hardcore" gamer would complain about Donkey Kong if it wasn't made by the same people as their precious Prime
can't agree more... but.. you know, I think that would turn in a OFF-topic debate; but yeah.. I think that the "big hate" around DK nowadays is "Metroid's fault"

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Honestly, I'm not counting King K. Rool out by any means. I still believe he has a pretty high chance.

+ He was wanted in Melee, and very highly requested for Brawl. Now? He is among one of the highest requested I'd say; at Mega Man levels (before he was confirmed, obviously).
+ The whole Rare load of krock (yes I went there) needs to stop please... Seriously. Nintendo has the right to do what they please with him.
+ He has the potential to be as unique as even Mega Man or Villager, who are both very intriguing, because he has had so many tools / tricks / gadgets over the years in DKC. Honestly, the hardest part to making a moveset to him is deciding what to put where. Ground Pound Shockwave (DK64) - The helicopter he had (DKC3) - The Punching Gloves (DK64) - His crown (DKC) - The Blunderbuss (DKC2) - This list goes on and on, just naming a few things.
+ Alongside his tools, his size can contribute to his moveset as well, as Welshy pointed out.

- His only downside is that many believe he's doomed because he hasn't appeared in a while, while this is frightening, Diddy was absent for Jungle Beat, yet he ended up in SSBB.

Bias aside, Sakurai wants unique characters? King K. Rool fits the bill for unique to a tee. Frankly, the amount of hype that K. Rool would rack up would be tremendous. His moveset has the potential to be extraordinary unique, and there isn't really a reason why Donkey Kong cannot have four reps (assuming Dixie finds her way in).

All this aside though, this is Sakurai we're dealing with... I guess we wait.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

I've read and mostly agreed with a theory I've seen tossed around, labeled the "Nintendo Fan Inferiority Complex." It basically entails a group of vocal Nintendo fans being internally insecure that Nintendo isn't considered a viable competitor against Sony and Microsoft, in their mind due to the colorful and cartoony nature of many of their IPs. These fans, the theory states, believe that this nature stems from Nintendo of Japan, and thus, the further a gaming studio is from Japan, the better the chance they have of producing a "hardcore" or "mature" game comparable to a Halo or a Call of Duty (and Metroid is often pegged in this niche, maybe due to it having a futuristic helmeted protagonist). This is where Retro Studios comes into play; people believe Retro is the only studio capable of creating such a game. This is why people demand that they "reboot" basically every franchise under the sun while simultaneously taking every opportunity to s*** all over games like DKC, which they believe could be churned out on a yearly basis like the NSMB shovelware (when in reality, they require a massive amount of effort over multiple years).

Of course, the theory is far from universal, and I'm sure a lot of the good, reasonable fans want games like Metroid made because they're fans of the series, but I think, for those on the darker side, the above theory isn't far-fetched in the slightest. And it's not about to go away, given that Retro is already bringing up ideas about animal buddies and the like for a potential third DKC.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Honestly, I'm not counting King K. Rool out by any means. I still believe he has a pretty high chance.

+ He was wanted in Melee, and very highly requested for Brawl. Now? He is among one of the highest requested I'd say; at Mega Man levels (before he was confirmed, obviously).
+ The whole Rare load of krock (yes I went there) needs to stop please... Seriously. Nintendo has the right to do what they please with him.
+ He has the potential to be as unique as even Mega Man or Villager, who are both very intriguing, because he has had so many tools / tricks / gadgets over the years in DKC. Honestly, the hardest part to making a moveset to him is deciding what to put where. Ground Pound Shockwave (DK64) - The helicopter he had (DKC3) - The Punching Gloves (DK64) - His crown (DKC) - The Blunderbuss (DKC2) - This list goes on and on, just naming a few things.
+ Alongside his tools, his size can contribute to his moveset as well, as Welshy pointed out.

- His only downside is that many believe he's doomed because he hasn't appeared in a while, while this is frightening, Diddy was absent for Jungle Beat, yet he ended up in SSBB.

Bias aside, Sakurai wants unique characters? King K. Rool fits the bill for unique to a tee. Frankly, the amount of hype that K. Rool would rack up would be tremendous. His moveset has the potential to be extraordinary unique, and there isn't really a reason why Donkey Kong cannot have four reps (assuming Dixie finds her way in).

All this aside though, this is Sakurai we're dealing with... I guess we wait.
The Diddy argument/logic makes too much sense. It is basically the same scenario. :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've read and mostly agreed with a theory I've seen tossed around, labeled the "Nintendo Fan Inferiority Complex." It basically entails a group of vocal Nintendo fans being internally insecure that Nintendo isn't considered a viable competitor against Sony and Microsoft, in their mind due to the colorful and cartoony nature of many of their IPs. These fans, the theory states, believe that this nature stems from Nintendo of Japan, and thus, the further a gaming studio is from Japan, the better the chance they have of producing a "hardcore" or "mature" game comparable to a Halo or a Call of Duty (and Metroid is often pegged in this niche, maybe due to it having a futuristic helmeted protagonist). This is where Retro Studios comes into play; people believe Retro is the only studio capable of creating such a game. This is why people demand that they "reboot" basically every franchise under the sun while simultaneously taking every opportunity to s*** all over games like DKC, which they believe could be churned out on a yearly basis like the NSMB shovelware (when in reality, they require a massive amount of effort over multiple years).

Of course, the theory is far from universal, and I'm sure a lot of the good, reasonable fans want games like Metroid made because they're fans of the series, but I think, for those on the darker side, the above theory isn't far-fetched in the slightest. And it's not about to go away, given that Retro is already bringing up ideas about animal buddies and the like for a potential third DKC.
DKC series was never made by a Japanese company to begin with

People are stupid

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
At this point, I'm wondering, if K. Rool is playable, whether he'd be revealed before or after release.
I don't think any newcomers (or Melee cuts) are going to be saved for post-release reveals.

I mean, why the heck would you save revealing characters, which create hype and thus sales, for post-release=??? That's why fighting games stopped doing that; sales. It's something the Wii U needs like a person needs water.
Truth be told, there's nothing more immature than mindless gun slinging action and acting like a total jerk, which is basically most AAA games these days!!! :laugh:
Well, it also has Ridley and he;s not popular there
Compared to "who's left", Ridley, Little Mac, Palutena, and especially K. Rool are most definitely popular, for sure.

I mean other than them, we essentially have non-fighters, Miis, characters from (apparently) non-continuing IP's (Golden Sun, Star Fox, F-Zero, etc), and a bunch of D-grade or "new" (see: Shulk, lots of Pokémon) Nintendo characters.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
I mean other than them, we essentially have non-fighters, Miis, characters from (apparently) non-continuing IP's (Golden Sun, Star Fox, F-Zero, etc), and a bunch of D-grade or "new" (see: Shulk, lots of Pokémon) Nintendo characters.
Sakurai already stated that non-fighters are more likely to appear in the game than fighting-based characters like Little Mac, so Mii's are actually more possible (also relevant) to appear.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sakurai already stated that non-fighters are more likely to appear in the game than fighting-based characters like Little Mac, so Mii's are actually more possible (also relevant) to appear.
This is taking it completely out of context. It doesn't affect Mac at all, really.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Last edited:

Kon

Smash Journeyman
*fixed.

You had two times the 5th song while not putting in the 3rd one.

I really like the music. I asked myself if it were legally correct to download the songs from the Nintendo page. Especially as I like 1, 3 and 5 and I like the nice remix of Aquatic Ambiance.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
YES. I'm so glad that David Wise is back. That Aquatic Ambience remix is beautiful, and number 5 is really epic. I might have to rip these to listen on my own. So hyped for Tropical Freeze now.

Top Bottom