• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Also for some reason, I want K. Rool to have characteristics of a wrestler. Like say, a pile driver and a suplex for throws.
Before Bowser 3.0 got shown off, I would have agreed. Now that he fills that role already, I'd like to see K. Rool either fill Bowser's old role, or take on newer sumo-style characteristics that complement his hefty stature.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Again, the main thing is that King K. Rool should use his characteristics of a crocodile to his advantage. He's got razor sharp claws and bone crushing jaws, it would be a shame if that is wasted.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Those unique characteristics are invalidated by K. Rool being a reptile king. If that weren't enough guarantee that he'd not be unique, he's also green. The green characters we have are similar enough as it is, methinks.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
I personally feel like K. Rool should use his brains, not his brawn. K. Rool has always used his inventions to solve his problems and defeat DK.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Technically speaking, every character has a green alternate costume, which means everyone is too similar to each other!
And technically speaking, every Melee character can win while using their green alternate costume so they receive a crown icon over their match data, which makes them green royalty. Be still, my heart.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
You know, I've been coming up with a few FS ideas for K. Rool. So like, what would you guys think if maybe K. Rool got in his boxing costume from DK64? :bee: It could work kinda like Wario-Man.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
You know, I've been coming up with a few FS ideas for K. Rool. So like, what would you guys think if maybe K. Rool got in his boxing costume from DK64? :bee: It could work kinda like Wario-Man.
That implies that his wrestler persona is superior to the others.

D

Deleted member

Nah. I don't think that it would make any sense at all in my opinion. If King K. Rool was given his boxing gloves from DK64 and had the powers of Wario-Man, then Little Mac might as well be the most overpowered being out there (or any other boxer for that matter).

I think King K. Rool's Final Smash should either be:
-Going in the background and summon a giant pirate ship. There, he can shoot cannonballs that would cause some decent damage and knockback.
-Some idea another person had with King K. Rool playing dead, summon the Fake Kredits, and summon raining cannonballs much like in his final battle in DKC.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
It's only for the Final Smash though... Not the whole moveset. :facepalm: I meant that you would have only one attack. Kinda like Link's. :) So you just go up to somebody and beat the hell out of em, and then do his classic uppercut.

EDIT: I just realised that Wario-Man actually isn't what I meant. Sorry. :glare:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Since we're talking Jaws & Claws, why not give King K.Rool Bowser's old Melee Side B? The Flying Slam is already back for Bowser it seems, and I always liked how extremely Kruel that move looked in Melee. Something that definitely would suit the King.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Maybe K. Rool could use a bite as his pummel?

I'd rather K. Rool's Side-special be saved for a move like the Boomerang Krown or the Blunderbuss.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Working on my own moveset for K. Rool right now, so look forward to that!

EDIT: Here it is, in it's full glory! Give me feedback, please!

[collapse="King K. Rool Moveset by APC99"]
King K. Rool:
Jab: He swipes with alternating hands, and then belly bumps the opponent. Deals 2%, then 2%, then 3%.
F-Tilt: He punches forward with his boxing glove. Deals 5%.
U-Tilt: He chomps upward with his powerful jaws. Deals 3%.
D-Tilt: He swipes during his crouch, like Bowser’s D-tilt. Deals 4%.
Dash Attack: K. Rool tackles forward. Deals 5%.
U-Smash: K. Rool uppercuts with immense knockback using a boxing glove, like in DK64. Deals 15%.
F-Smash: K. Rool presses a button on his remote control as his hoverpack appears and a large orb of electric energy explodes right in front of him. Deals 14%.
D-Smash: K. Rool pulls out his blunderbuss and sprays mist all around him, damaging opponents if they touch this cloud. Deals 17%.
N-Air: He belly-bumps forward. Deals 6%.
F-Air: He pulls out his scepter from Super Mario Sluggers and smacks in front of him while screaming “Lunkhead!”, dealing 7% damage.
B-Air: K. Rool spins with a flourish of his cape as he swipes his claws behind him. Deals 4%.
U-Air: He does a corkscrew-esque attack, spinning as he reaches upwards. Deals 6%.
D-Air: K. Rool positions himself as he then ground-pounds into the floor, creating a good-sized shockwave around him. Deals 8%.
Grab: He lunges forward similar to the Koopa Klaw from Melee.
Pummel: He chomps down on the opponent, 1% per hit.
U-Throw: He swipes off his crown and pokes them in the butt with it. Deals 9%.
F-Throw: He swings them like Mario’s F-Throw, and then kicks them forward. Deals 7%.
B-Throw: He looks at them, shrugs and throws them away, dealing 4%.
D-Throw: He jumps up high and then lands on them, dealing 6%.
N-Special: Blunderbuss. K. Rool pulls out his trusty blunderbuss and fires lead cannonballs straight forward, with smoke trailing after them. Each cannonball deals 10%.
S-Special: Crown Throw. K. Rool pulls off his crown and throws it forward, like a boomerang. Deals 7% to whoever it hits.
U-Special: Hoverpack. K. Rool pulls out a remote as he flies upward with a hoverpack. No damage, only a recovery move.
D-Special: Cannonball Summon. He waves his arm above him as a cannonball comes flying straight down in front of him. Thanks to K. Rool’s strength, to others it’s an un-movable obstacle, but to him, it’s a meteor smash and a soccer ball all in one!
Final Smash: Kannonballs and Kredits. He pretends to faint, as fake credits roll quickly for 3 seconds, citing K. Rool and the Kremlings as the developers. Suddenly, he rises back up, and waves his hands as hundreds of cannonballs fall from the sky, much like Lucas’ PK Starstorm. Each cannonball deals 20%.
[/collapse]

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Although that's a great idea, what would happen to the Blunderbuss? :confused:
Down B.

My King K.Rool special moveset being now:

B: Crown Boomerang. About as strong and powerful as Link's N64 Boomerang, mostly inspired by this move to.
Side B: Kremling Klaw. Bowser's Melee Side B.
Up B: Hi Jump. A jump quite similar to Dedede's, yet doesn't travel as high and neither does it give you much freedom in movement, but it has the same armor frames. (Choose this one to avoid giving Baron K.Roolenstein just ONE move to represent K.Rool as a whole)
Down B: Blunderbuss. K.Rool takes out his blunderbuss, which opens up a whole new 'moveset'

B: Shoot Canonball. Can be charged up to shoot spikey canonballs which do more damage. The canonballs can be picked up if they hit the ground though, but they generally do a LOT of shield damage so shielding against them isn't always a good option. Sometimes the canonballs bounce when shot off, making this move rather unpredictable, yet extremely powerful.
Side B: Vacuum Buss. K.Rool's blunderbuss sucks in enemies from a distance, when they are in range, press A or B to whack them with the blunderbuss doing good knockback. Works well for edgeguarding.
Down B: Gas Shot. K.Rool's blunderbuss shoots out different gasses. Blue: Freezes the enemy, mostly at higher %s though. Red: slows down enemies significantly. Purple: Messes up the controls. These gasses travel more slowly than canonballs however.
Up B: Revert back to King-mode.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'll stick those movesets in the OP next time I update.

For a while, I avoided including chomping attacks in my K. Rool movesets, since I figured, as a royal, he'd be above that sort of thing. Before too long, though, I thought, screw that, he's definitely unhinged enough by now to fight that dirtily, and he's (to quote pizzamandudeguy) a Giant F**king Crocodile, so why not?

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman

For a while, I avoided including chomping attacks in my K. Rool movesets, since I figured, as a royal, he'd be above that sort of thing. Before too long, though, I thought, screw that, he's definitely unhinged enough by now to fight that dirtily, and he's (to quote pizzamandudeguy) a Giant F**king Crocodile, so why not?
When you put it that way, I kind of agree.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Oh bro I'm far from finished on this moveset! ;)

Down Aerial for example will have to be:

Belly Flop
-A deceptional quick spike move, but: it has a hard-to-land hitbox and some ending lag. K.Rool remains his belly flop position for quite some while in the air. Making this move a high risk, but high reward move. K.Rool low first jump however really does aid him with this move. And it has slight super armor during the after lag.

Down Smash:

Kremling Deathroll:
-Another deceptional quick move. K.Rool rolls over his side and when charging this move up it would even damage opponents! Making this a good move to trap an enemy with in the corner for dealing great damage quickly. The move has some afterlag however. Doesn't really work too well as a finisher, but it's a great damage-building move especially against fast-fallers or more heavy characters.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
For some reason BKupa's recent comment in the Ridley thread just made me curious if any fan-made plushes for K. Rool existed too, and apparently they do.. I like this one.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
That's just creepy. I just remembered I had a DK stuffed animal when I was a kid..... must find.

Groose

Smash Champion
I was reading a Japanese blog on potential Smash 4 newcomers written shortly after E3. They break it down series by series; they hold a lot of similar opinions to us, actually. Waluigi somewhat popular but not important enough, not really any likelihood of Yoshi or Wario rep (mentions Ashley and Jimmy are somewhat popular, but not enough so). Eventually, they get to Donkey Kong and say Dixie isn't very likely despite Tropical Freeze. They mention that K. Rool hasn't been seen for a while, but is still pretty popular; however, they cite his size as a major issue. I translate it roughly to, "Though sizes can be slightly modified, K Rool is too much bigger than DK to not cause a problem." THE TOO BIG ARGUMENT IS USED AGAINST KING K. ROOL IN JAPAN! ARGH! Hold it, it gets worse. The newspost goes on to completely rule him out of the game because HE IS OWNED BY RARE!

I sincerely hope that this newspost is ridiculed in Japan. I mean... that's not good that people are writing that stuff. Here's the link, if any of you want to check out the site.

D

Deleted member

THE TOO BIG ARGUMENT IS USED AGAINST KING K. ROOL IN JAPAN! ARGH! Hold it, it gets worse. The newspost goes on to completely rule him out of the game because HE IS OWNED BY RARE!
My god, the ignorance is astounding.
I just wanna say that I played Mario Super Sluggers and that game counters those 2 points:

1. King K. Rool is about the same size as BOWSER, a character that is already in SSB4 and has been in Smash since Melee. With this logic, King K. Rool can easily be the same size as Bowser, King Dedede, and Donkey Kong. It's not like his model would be as complex as Ridley's would to make him be a believable fighter. Also, size changes can happen. Olimar in the Pikmin games is much smaller than his appearance in the Smash games. Does that mean that Olimar is too small for Smash?
2. King K. Rool is NOT owned by Rare. If he was, then how come Nintendo made Donkey Kong games featuring him as the villain after when Rare was purchased? How come King K. Rool and the Kremlings are playable in Mario Super Sluggers? Why do they have a Trophy in Brawl?

Before these people make reasons WHY King K. Rool should be excluded, how about they do some research first. King K. Rool has some of the best chances to get in SSB4 and I hope some people notice this.

Just… *sigh* Wow...

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
THE TOO BIG ARGUMENT IS USED AGAINST KING K. ROOL IN JAPAN! ARGH! Hold it, it gets worse. The newspost goes on to completely rule him out of the game because HE IS OWNED BY RARE!
Sweet bejeezus. Some people have no lives.

Groose

Smash Champion
My god, the ignorance is astounding.
I just wanna say that I played Mario Super Sluggers and that game counters those 2 points:

1. King K. Rool is about the same size as BOWSER, a character that is already in SSB4 and has been in Smash since Melee. With this logic, King K. Rool can easily be the same size as Bowser, King Dedede, and Donkey Kong. It's not like his model would be as complex as Ridley's would to make him be a believable fighter. Also, size changes can happen. Olimar in the Pikmin games is much smaller than his appearance in the Smash games. Does that mean that Olimar is too small for Smash?
2. King K. Rool is NOT owned by Rare. If he was, then how come Nintendo made Donkey Kong games featuring him as the villain after when Rare was purchased? How come King K. Rool and the Kremlings are playable in Mario Super Sluggers? Why do they have a Trophy in Brawl?

Before you make reasons WHY King K. Rool should be excluded, how about you do some research first. King K. Rool has some of the best chances to get in SSB4 and I hope some people notice this.

Just… *sigh* Wow...

Wait a second. Are you thinking that I believe these things? I'm just quoting these things from a Japanese blog and laughing at their stupidity. K. Rool is my most heavily supported character; I don't follow either of these two arguments.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Even in Donkey Kong Country 1, 2 and 3, K. Rool was just a little bigger than DK. I think it's only in DK 64 that the guy was huge. What games have those Japanese been playing? :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Too Biggots attack K.Rool now in Japan?

Guess that without having a Ridley to discuss they had to take the arguement SOMEWHERE... :rolleyes:

Still, this is just some dumb ****. How could he appear as a trophy in Brawl if he was owned by Rare?

I want my Banjo-Kazooie trophy, and I want it pronto! :glare:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I don't even care how he gets in, in what form, etc. As long as he's there and playable. Resize him all you want and give him whatever attire you want, Sakurai.

D

Deleted member

Wait a second. Are you thinking that I believe these things? I'm just quoting these things from a Japanese blog and laughing at their stupidity. K. Rool is my most heavily supported character; I don't follow either of these two arguments.
No! I'm not saying that you do believe these things!
I was just looking at what those people said against K. Rool and countered them. I just edited my post and made more clarity as to who I was directing it towards (the people who claim that K. Rool is "too big" and "owned by Rare").

D

Deleted member

Also, if King K. Rool is too big, then I guess that Bowser, Donkey Kong, and King Dedede are also too big and shouldn't have been playable at all.

Morbi

Scavenger
I was reading a Japanese blog on potential Smash 4 newcomers written shortly after E3. They break it down series by series; they hold a lot of similar opinions to us, actually. Waluigi somewhat popular but not important enough, not really any likelihood of Yoshi or Wario rep (mentions Ashley and Jimmy are somewhat popular, but not enough so). Eventually, they get to Donkey Kong and say Dixie isn't very likely despite Tropical Freeze. They mention that K. Rool hasn't been seen for a while, but is still pretty popular; however, they cite his size as a major issue. I translate it roughly to, "Though sizes can be slightly modified, K Rool is too much bigger than DK to not cause a problem." THE TOO BIG ARGUMENT IS USED AGAINST KING K. ROOL IN JAPAN! ARGH! Hold it, it gets worse. The newspost goes on to completely rule him out of the game because HE IS OWNED BY RARE!

I sincerely hope that this newspost is ridiculed in Japan. I mean... that's not good that people are writing that stuff. Here's the link, if any of you want to check out the site.
I wonder what they would think if they ever learned that the West wants Ridley. I don't even want to think of it to be honest.

Top Bottom