• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Here's my moveset for King K. Rool. I made this a month or two ago.

King K. Rool
The powerful and greedy king of the Kremlings makes his Super Smash Bros debut! This strong reptile is surprisingly light on his feet for someone of his size. He has many alter egos with different attacks and powers, many of which he uses in battle.

B: Blunderbuss
King K. Rool uses his trusty Blunderbuss to fire Kannonballs at his opponents. This attack pushes K. Rool back a little bit when used. Kannonballs do about 15% damage each. If charged too long, the gun blows up in his face, doing roughly 5% damage.

Side B: Crown Boomerang
The reptilian king takes of his crown and tosses it like a boomerang. Crown does about 8% damage per hit.

Up B: Helicopter Pack
K. Rool uses his helicopter pack from Donkey Kong Country 3 to get himself some good air time. Great for recoveries, but doesn't do much damage. Does about 3% damage if the propeller hits an opponent.

Down B: Ground Pound
Being the heavyweight that he is, King K. Rool slams on the ground with such force that a green shockwave hits anyone close by. If K. Rool lands on top of you, he does about 20% damage, but shock waves do about 12%.

Final Smash: The End?
King K. Rool falls on the ground while the Kredits begin to roll and Gangplank Galleon starts to play. Suddenly, K. Rool jumps right back up as he bounces around the stage and Kannonballs fall from the sky. Bumping into the frantic K. Rool does about 30% damage, while the Kannonballs do about 20% damage each.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
But even Brawl had Dixie and Roy planned...
Well Dixie was planned to be Tag Team duo with Diddy Kong, it's going to be interesting to see if Sakurai will manage to work them in together.

The more I look at the guidelines Sakurai state before:
  1. What is the uniqueness of this character?
  2. What do they have that other characters don't?
  3. What does this character bring into the Smash Bros. universe?
  4. How do they complement or contrast other characters?
The more confident I think King K. Rool will get the spot over Dixie:
  1. Dixie has the ability to glide using hair, she is also a female. Besides that, she can do everything Diddy can, minus using peanut pop guns and barrel jetpacks.
  2. Hair Glide. Hair grappler
  3. She adds to the female count in the roster
  4. She complements Diddy as his female counter part, but doesn't really contrast.
King K. Rool on the other hand:
  1. A mid to long ranged heavy fighter. That packs even more of punch up close.
  2. Wide arsenal of gadgets, A multi-purpose high-tech blunderbuss, allowing things from vacuuming in enemies closer to firing Kannonballs, Helicopter pack and Blast-O-Matic
  3. Visceral and brutal but posses multiple personas for a comical factor.
  4. He complements Donkey as his rival, contrasts from Bowser (Who now seems to be a wrestler) and King De De De's playstyles by using gadgets for mid ranged combat.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
To be honest, I'd be content with 3 to. Even if the 3rd character is Dixie.

Before, it was quite common ground to support 2 newcomers for DKC, and even Fire Emblem. Now, people aren't nearly as confident. Wonder what happened with the attitude of people?

That's still my attitude, and I think the magnitude of both series (DKC especially) and especially in the West for FE warrants it. Granted, not all people have my omnipotent vision. :shades:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'll add to the complement/contrast bit; K. Rool contrasts with the current Donkey Kong characters by means of how he plays. Whereas the two Kongs have relatively natural movesets, full of punches and kicks, K. Rool relies heavily on artificial means to attack, including but not limited to his blunderbuss, helicopter pack, crown, and cape. In essence, he's representative of the industry faction of the nature vs. industry conflict within the DK series, thus adding to the inter-series character diversity present among most franchises currently in Smash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Moon. I don't think it's fair to say K.Rool has that much more unique potential than Dixie. It makes Dixie look so bland, which she isn't at all. It just happens to be so that K.Rool offers more than ANY character not in Smash yet. Dixie is still better than a good 85% of candidates, so I feel we should get both.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Well Dixie was planned to be Tag Team duo with Diddy Kong, it's going to be interesting to see if Sakurai will manage to work them in together.

The more I look at the guidelines Sakurai state before:
  1. What is the uniqueness of this character?
  2. What do they have that other characters don't?
  3. What does this character bring into the Smash Bros. universe?
  4. How do they complement or contrast other characters?
The more confident I think King K. Rool will get the spot over Dixie:
  1. Dixie has the ability to glide using hair, she is also a female. Besides that, she can do everything Diddy can, minus using peanut pop guns and barrel jetpacks.
  2. Hair Glide.
  3. She adds to the female count in the roster
  4. She complements Diddy as his female counter part, but doesn't really contrast.
Yo you left out the fact that Dixie uses her hair to grab things. It's prehensile, and she uses it like an extra arm in some cases. A 3-armed fighter with a grappling addiction is pretty unique.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Can someone give me feedback on my roster at the top of the page? I'm new here, and I want to know how my movesets are and how I can improve on them.
Thank you, and I am also a huge K. Rool supporter, so please list me as one of the Kutthroats!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well dude, it's a great moveset. Just the choices for the Special Moves are pretty common choices, and we're used to seeing them being suggested. Not that they aren't great you know. I do like your idea for a Final Smash. It's mostly an unique attack you thought of yourself. So props for that. Ground Pound is also interessting, and it takes from DK64. Advice is to add some more attacks you can think of. Like, Smash attacks, ground or aerial attacks. How would he play as? How heavy is he, how high does he jump? Things like that. Would make the moveset a bit more complete see? Anyways, you've already made a good start. Would be interessting to see it being completed.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Well dude, it's a great moveset. Just the choices for the Special Moves are pretty common choices, and we're used to seeing them being suggested. Not that they aren't great you know. I do like your idea for a Final Smash. It's mostly an unique attack you thought of yourself. So props for that. Ground Pound is also interessting, and it takes from DK64. Advice is to add some more attacks you can think of. Like, Smash attacks, ground or aerial attacks. How would he play as? How heavy is he, how high does he jump? Things like that. Would make the moveset a bit more complete see? Anyways, you've already made a good start. Would be interessting to see it being completed.
Thank you Diddy. I'll try to come up with some more attacks like Smash and Jabs when I have the time. I see K. Rool being incredibly heavy and strong, with a low jump, although pretty fast for a heavyweight and relying heavily on his projectiles.

Edit: Yeah, my choices are a bit obvious, but I can easily see this being the moveset for ol' K. Rool.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Moon. I don't think it's fair to say K.Rool has that much more unique potential than Dixie. It makes Dixie look so bland, which she isn't at all. It just happens to be so that K.Rool offers more than ANY character not in Smash yet. Dixie is still better than a good 85% of candidates, so I feel we should get both.
I'm not trying to make Dixie bland, I'm trying to convey to you guys that with Diddy already on the roster, Dixie Kong really doesn't add that much to the roster's diversity, outside of hair implementation and her femininity.

Don't get me wrong, I Like both Dixie and King K. Rool (personally hoping for a Diddy & Dixie character), hell any DK rep would be fine with me even Squawk! But just going off of those bullet points that Sakurai has said are his guidelines for determining a new character, this is the main reason why I think King K. Rool has the advantage.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Come on guys, let's face it, King K.Rool will never be playable.

Why ? Because he's way too good :
- In DKC, it takes both Donkey Kong and Diddy to beat him.He is fast, can jump very high while being a heavy weight and is completly invincible unless he throw his crown (what kind of player in their right minds will do that if he becomes playable in SSB4).

-In DKC 2, it takes 3 monkeys to beat him. But this time he is shown strong enough to kidnapp DK, oh and he wins more projectiles thanks to his blunderbuss giving him even more reason to not throw his crown off his head if he have access to it in smash.

-In DKC 3, not only he is able to kidnapp DK once again but he also kidnapp Diddy while he's at it , he also gain a way to fly thanks to his jetpack (like if he wasn't broken enough already).

- Finally in DK64, to even have the slightest chance of victory after that K.Rool became a boxe expert who can turn invisible, DK needed the help of 6 of his friends, 6 for the love of Sakurai.

And suddenly it becommes clear : King K.Rool wasn't in Returns and will not be in Tropical Freeze because it's an alternate dimension where the Kremlings doesn't exist.
Nintendo had to create one because K.Rool couldn't possibly lose this time since he would have became purely and simply unstoppable.

And that's why we should not accept the idea of playable King K.Rool in smash : Because he's a fast, overwight, invincible crocodile who can fly, turn invisble and is both umbeatable both at mellee range because of his boxing skill who will put Little Mac to shame and at distance because of his weaponery expertise who will make even Solid Snake cry in fear.

Don't let that monster be in smash my friends, he is way too dangereous.

This message have been brought to your attention by the DK Islands Banana Bank and the Ridley Inc.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy is a top tier in Brawl, so if K.Rool can beat him that easily he sure will be banned in competitive play.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Diddy is a top tier in Brawl, so if K.Rool can beat him that easily he sure will be banned in competitive play.
Expect the top tiers to get nerfed, if anything, Olimar's 3 Pikmins limit might be an indication of that. Goodbye bananas :awesome:

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Expect the top tiers to get nerfed, if anything, Olimar's 3 Pikmins limit might be an indication of that. Goodbye bananas :awesome:
Why do people keep citing this as if it's a fact

It is not a fact. We do not know this yet. Please stop acting as though we actually know this yet.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Why do people keep citing this as if it's a fact

It is not a fact. We do not know this yet. Please stop acting as though we actually know this yet.
If you read I'm not implying that it's a fact at all. I'm saying it might be an indication of that.

And if you're referring to the amount of Pikmin, then I'm sorry but you gotta be pretty naive to think that he currently can have more than 3 Pikmins when every picture of him thus far shows him with only 3 Pikmins.

Anyways, this doesn't belong here.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
If you read I'm not implying that it's a fact at all. I'm saying it might be an indication of that.

And if you're referring to the amount of Pikmin, then I'm sorry but you gotta be pretty naive to think that he currently can have more than 3 Pikmins when every picture of him thus far shows him with only 3 Pikmins.

Anyways, this doesn't belong here.
We do not know he has three Pikmin

No matter how likely you think it is, it is not a fact until confirmed. You can't base your "proof" on negatives - otherwise I could very well say "Yoshi isn't in the game because we haven't seen it yet" or "Olimar's moveset has been completely overhauled because we haven't seen him use any of his old moves." It doesn't work like that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Olimar needs the nerfs.
Diddy doesn't.

:awesome:

No really. He's only this good cause of Brawl's mechanics. No need to say, decrease speed or killing power. Quite the opposite.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'd love nothing more than for K. Rool and Ridley to become top tier characters, in the vein of Snake or, to a lesser extent, Dedede.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
K. Rool is worthy for top tier. I'd have to say he's pretty difficult and stubborn in the old DKC boss battles, particularly DKC2, not just because of his attacks, also taking a good amount of damage and even collapsing a few times only to get back up and ready to fight again. (he could have been playing dead like he did in the first DKC instead of actually getting hurt enough to collapse)

I'd have to say that is one of the reasons that make him one of the greatest bosses in a video game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Most heavy characters won't be top tier. Unless you have horribly inbalanced hitboxes, like Snake.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I forsee K. Rool actually being pretty fast, with tons of projectiles.
A strong character who is fast with projectiles.
If that doesn't scream top tier I don't know what does.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Priority, good recovery, reliable fast attacks, reliable finishers, range and stage control.

I could easily see it go either way.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Most heavy characters won't be top tier. Unless you have horribly inbalanced hitboxes, like Snake.
Seems like they're finally getting their act together with heavy weights though, just looking at Bowser. Not necessarily top tier, but at least he'll move out of super-bad tier.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Doesn't have to be the case at all. His attacks could still be hard to hit, or he could still be very easily chaingrabbed. We don't know anything much about the game's mechanics yet, but it's indeed likely he won't be as terrible as before anymore. I just hope Bowser has his Melee Up B. And that he's actually heavier, lives longer, and has super armor on more moves.

Also, didn't know you where from Denmark. Another European amongst us, cool ^^

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Doesn't have to be the case at all. His attacks could still be hard to hit, or he could still be very easily chaingrabbed. We don't know anything much about the game's mechanics yet, but it's indeed likely he won't be as terrible as before anymore. I just hope Bowser has his Melee Up B. And that he's actually heavier, lives longer, and has super armor on more moves.

Also, didn't know you where from Denmark. Another European amongst us, cool ^^
The great plus about this Bowser already is that he takes up a lot less horizontal space though, which makes him much less vulnerable in so many ways. It's also looking like the drop kick is his new F-Smash, so if that's the case he has gotten a much faster F-Smash too. His N-Air also looks like it can hit for once, so hopefully it leaves him a little less helpless when being juggled.

But yeah, you're right that we don't know too much about gameplay yet, so it's probably best not to already call it. It's kind of ironic how I just jumped to conclusions given my recent posts in the Ridley thread. And yeah, his Melee Up-B would be ace, as would him being heavier. I think he can be done without super armor, but that's mostly just because I have a big grudge against fighting him in Balanced Brawl and Project M.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Can someone give me feedback on my roster at the top of the page? I'm new here, and I want to know how my movesets are and how I can improve on them.
Thank you, and I am also a huge K. Rool supporter, so please list me as one of the Kutthroats!
Sorry if this is late, but the thing i really like about your moveset and others as well is that each special attack represents the different games he was the villian in. Your side B is dkc1, neutral B is dkc2, up B is dkc3 and down B is dk64

Also please add me to the list of supporters if you can

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
I forsee K. Rool actually being pretty fast, with tons of projectiles.
A strong character who is fast with projectiles.
If that doesn't scream top tier I don't know what does.

Ha ha yes it looks a bit overpowered, I wish this character for next ssb, KK Rool is the main villian of the firsts DK's series, I love this character so much

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Sorry if this is late, but the thing i really like about your moveset and others as well is that each special attack represents the different games he was the villian in. Your side B is dkc1, neutral B is dkc2, up B is dkc3 and down B is dk64

Also please add me to the list of supporters if you can
Thanks, I tried to make sure that every one of his alter-egos were represented in his moveset, that's a big part of his character.
About the supporter list, I don't think I'm on there yet either, but I was going to send a message to BKupa666, as he is the creator of this thread.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
About time! Hello again, my fellow kutthroats!

D

Deleted member

Our kutthroats support will never die.

Speaking of stupidity regarding King K. Rool detractors, I legitimately saw one of them say that "omg King K. Rool might be too big". Seems like they assume Ridley is disconfirmed and want to move on to another character to use the same BS argument which I have to say, lol.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Our kutthroats support will never die.

Speaking of stupidity regarding King K. Rool detractors, I legitimately saw one of them say that "omg King K. Rool might be too big". Seems like they assume Ridley is disconfirmed and want to move on to another character to use the same BS argument which I have to say, lol.
My friend actually asked, "Wouldn't King K. Rool be too big?"
I hadn't even begun on wanting Ridley yet.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Interesting development... Even if K. Rool's not in SSB4 though, that'll leave him only more likely for the next game if Dixie's in this one, especially if they actually do something with the Kremlings again by that time which they've still been dragging anxious DKC fans along on.

If Ridley's not in SSB4, the same may still hold true for him in the next Smash as well, should something new still happen with him and Metroid by that time, unless Sakurai gives a reason on why he could never be a character or something, which I would not expect him to change his mind on like Villager with how long he'll have known about the amount of requests for Ridley by then.

I guess in the meantime, the K. Rool toobiggers should be some lulzy and entertaining irony.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
DUDE IT'S BACK

couldn't it wait until I was done my phoenix wright parody? lol im going to be too distracted now

Top Bottom