• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What a spit in the face it would be to whoever designed the Tikis to see them demoted from big bads to cannon fodder (possibly literally) for a far superior big bad.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
What a spit in the face it would be to whoever designed the Tikis to see them demoted from big bads to cannon fodder (possibly literally) for a far superior big bad.
are you saying K.Rool should use Tiki's in his blunderbuss? im OK with that.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
And Diddy Kong wasn't in Jungle Beat.

Besides, K.Rool didn't even completely fall of the radar.
We weren't talking about "falling off the radar," but rather, K. Rool getting moves from DKC Returns, a game he wasn't in. Someone wanted him to use some move from some other character from DKC Returns. It wasn't one of those ill-guided "relevancy" comments, because K. Rool, like Diddy Kong, is too classic to be irrelevant.

And Diddy Kong didn't use a single move from Jungle Beat, for the record to anyone following this thread.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
K Rool Move Set Part II
Jab: Klawing and Klapping
K Rool scratches with his left and then right hands before bringing them together in a clap.
The first klaw has light knock back and high hitlag to connect into either the next klaw, or, through jab canceling, a guaranteed grab or downtilt. 2%. The next is the same, but does not have guaranteed follow ups except at low percents if the opponent SDI'd both Klaws. The last is a strong klap dealing 5% and decent horizontal knockback. However, without the use of a trap to knock opponents back in, this is unlikely to connect.

FTilt: Klever Kontraption
The Kaptain hoists his blunderbuss and starts sucking in opponents in a very focused stream about the length of one Ganondorf. This can be angled. He will continue sucking them close as long as A is held. The stream is very strong- great enough to pull back opponents recently launched so he can hit them out again with another move. However, with each use, the pull stales, preventing infinites. The pull affects projectiles too, including his own, allowing for clever mind games.

DTilt: Kunning Kape
Credit to BridgesWithTurtles. The King sweeps the ground in front of him with his Kape, tripping grounded opponents and knocking down aerial ones for 3%. Both hits can be teched, though this does not faze K Rool one bit. With his high mobility, great grabs and spectacular stage control, tech-chasing is a piece of cake!

Up Smash- Krashing Kannonballs
With a stomp of his mighty foot, K Rool sends a giant Kannonball plummeting from the sky. The number of kannonballs, all with one Ganondorf of space between them, will increase with charging, at a maximum of three. The Kannonball meteors any unlucky enough to be hit by it for 8%. Once it contacts the ground, it bounces three times before hitting the ground again and disappearing. However, the kannonballs will be moved in the direction of knockback of any of K Rool's moves with the knockback resistance of two Bowsers, resetting the bounces. Note that the hitbox of the Move that hit it will be applied to the entirety of the Kannonball as it flies, making for a very dangerous and versatile projectile. If it is hit five times by him, however, it will crumble anyway.

FSmash: Kombustion Kannon
The Baron pulls out a fireball launching Kannon. He fires a powerful fiery explosion at point blank range, dealing 9-12% and strong vertical knockback. This is his most powerful move outside of a misfire. However, the startup is rather hefty. Charging will increase the size, damage, and knockback of the move until it reaches the size of Bowser and the strength of HIS fully charged FSmash. Don't mess with this move.

Down Smash: Kakaphonous Kollision
K Rool slams his ass into the ground with a comical bouncing noise and bounces back to his feet. If the move is charged, he will bounce multiple times before coming to his feet, with a cap of five. Each bounce makes a shockwave with a little less range and knockback than DK's Hand Slap, for 5% damage. Of course, K Rool has some tricks up his sleeve. You can freely influence your flight between bounces to either direction for a bizarre approach, and can cancel the landing, pre-shockwave, into a surprisingly acrobatic roll. This roll can be canceled with any attack, allowing K Rool to punish anyone who was going to punish him!

Up Tilt: Kremling Kopycat
K Rool does an... awfully familiar looking...uppercut with his ridiculously large boxing gloves on. Hmm... the game's name is right on the tip of my tongue... something like "Meat Biter"?:troll: Anyway, this deals 4%, with vertical knockback. It has low BKB and high KBG, allowing for great juggling and decent kills if not staled, depending on percent. It has pretty good coverage and functions primarily as an anti-air.

Dash Attack: Krash Kourse
He pulls out his blunderbuss again, but this time aims it behind him. For as long as a is held, the Piratical King will jet forward at a slightly greater speed than his run propelled by flames coming from the gun. The flames deal light set knockback and 5% in the direction K Rool is moving away from, which easily combos into any left behind traps. This can be cancelled with a grab, making K Rool's grab game all the more easy to connect. If K Rool comes to an edge during this, he will be flung off with high momentum, perfect for setting up a high risk, high reward gimp his low air mobility would normally prevent, as well as giving him more movement capabilities in platform heavy stages.

Nair: Krazy Kopter
K Rool holds his helicopter pack in both hands and frustratedly smacks it. It suddenly starts turning, but as K Rool is holding it out in front of him, he is, much to his dismay, rapidly spun around the x axis until he becomes a miserable green blur. As he is spun, his body will hit anyone around him, with the many consecutive hits near impossible to DI out of due to random knockback angles. If all hits connect, the move does 10%, though this is unlikely. This can combo depending on the last hit's knockback, but its more reliable use is in shield pressure, as his flailing limbs can deal heavy damage to a shield. Then, he can land while they're trapped by shield stun and grab them, or perhaps break the shield with whatever suits his fancy- another Nair, or maybe even an FSmash.

Uair: Kompact Kranium
With the blunderbuss aimed downward, K Rool lunges up a bit to headbutt the opponent, launched slightly by flames from the blunderbuss. There are two hit boxes. The flame hitbox comes out first, but only for a very brief window, and spikes powerfully, dealing 7%. The second is in top of K Rool's kingly pate, juggling at low percents and killing moderately early. This is a risky move, however, as the upward boost forces K Rool to stay a little longer in the air. It can be used to add a little extra distance to K Rool's recovery, too, though the boost is only usable once.

Fair: Kong Kleaver
K Rool swings out with his scepter from Mario Super Sluggers for 6%. This is K Rool's most long ranged melee move that isn't extremely slow, so this can be used to create a little extra space against speedy characters. The knockback isn't low enough for much comboing, and is too low to kill. However, it has a low angle, and so is good for gimping. Additionally, this reflects projectiles.

Dair:Kurled Krokodile
K Rool curls up into a ball. In this state, he has much higher mobility and falling. If he contacts the ground he bounces up. This move has a weak 3% hitbox that can combo, though only at very high percents.
The main use of this is escape when K Rool is put in the vulnerable position of being in the air- though, due to bouncing, you ultimately end up in the same position, just farther away. This is also useful for unpredictable movement through his various traps, and for recovery from up high.

Bair: Kwick Kut
K Rool turns quickly and lashes out with his tail. His fastest aerial. The move hits horizontally on startup and spikes by the end, with damage of 4%. This is his fastest aerial and makes for a good out of shield option when an opponent attacks from behind to avoid getting grabbed. The late hit is good for edge guarding and setting up techchases, while the initial can be used as his quickest kill move or as a way to get the opponent off you.

Now for K Rool's grab and associated attacks.

Grab: King's Klutches
K Rool reaches out with one arm and snags his enemy. The range is approximately equal to DK's, though slightly slower to compensate for his throws.

Pummel: Kollosal Kavern
K Rool opens his mouth wide and sticks the opponent into it, before clamping down hard. Though slow, it deals 5%, and the majority of the startup lag is negated if they're still in his mouth from a previous bite.

FThrow: Karelessly Kruising
This is K Rool's most essential throw. He picks up the enemy and flies around freely in the directions he inputs until the opponent breaks out. During flight, he can use the C Stick to perform any of his other throws, and A or B to pummel them. He can thus freely pick exactly where he wants the enemy to end up, making his traps easier to connect and his throws easier to kill with. Even if neither are possible, this can be useful to simply move K Rool to a more advantageous spot.

BThrow: Krushing Knuckles
K Rool turns with the victim in his gloved hands and punches them off at ~35 degrees. Though the knockback isn't very strong, he can use FThrow to get closer to the edge, increasing its use. Additionally, if you press B after, K Rool will fling his boxing glove at them, spiking them very weakly. The knockback is still adequate to lead to a tech chase however, and K Rool excels at that. The first punch deals 3%, and the glove throw 2%.

DThrow: Krippling Klamp
Credit to whoever had this idea earlier in the thread. K Rool takes the opponent into his mouth and performs the infamous Crocodile Death Roll. The damage is insane, at 19%. Also, it gives light set knockback that should be incredibly easy to combo off of. Sound broken yet? Well, there is one flaw... K Rool flops onto his stomach, exhausted, afterwards. If he's in the air, he falls, helpless. As he can't do anything until he gets up, he cannot normally connect anything after. That is, unless he has traps or a team mate there to intercept the opponent. Either will give him time enough to get up and continue the combo. The down throw is the best move to put the hurt on the opponent when you've finally managed to set up everything. He exemplifies the rewards K Rool gets through careful planning.

UThrow: Krool Konclusion
The King stuffs the opponent into a barrel full of explosive and lights the fuse. During the wait of three seconds between lighting it and the explosion, K Rool can move and attack freely. He can use this time to booby trap the stage and/or prepare to hit the opponent after the launch. Note that the trapped character is completely immune to damage or knockback during his brief stay. Once the fire reaches the barrel, it explodes violently for 10% and high upward knockback. With a well placed Kannonball or one of his aerials, K Rool can hit him and combo a little. While this does not require the prior setup DThrow does, it is less rewarding. If this is performed in the air, the barrel will be kept afloat by a small helicopter like his pack in miniature.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'll suggest a few names:
Dash Attack: Blunderbuss Krash
N-Air: Katastrophic spin
U-Air: Kranium Headbutt

I'll think of more later.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
I'll suggest a few names:
Dash Attack: Blunderbuss Krash
N-Air: Katastrophic spin
U-Air: Kranium Headbutt

I'll think of more later.
Those'll do if I can't manage to do any more names with two K's. I'm kinda OCD sometimes.:)
Edit: added dair now. I'll have enough time to finish when I get back after school.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Those'll do if I can't manage to do any more names with two K's. I'm kinda OCD sometimes.:)
Edit: added dair now. I'll have enough time to finish when I get back after school.
shouldn't the D-air be called something like the Kurled Krock? lol

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Edited the moveset with all remaining moves. All he needs is a few names. If anyone wants I will repost both halves as one complete post with a little cleaning up and possibly his miscellaneous moves.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'll name his back throw as Krushing Knuckles, and F-throw as Katastrophik Karriage

Also, there has to be a move named "Klose Kall": maybe the U-air.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
I'll name his back throw as Krushing Knuckles, and F-throw as Katastrophik Karriage

Also, there has to be a move named "Klose Kall": maybe the U-air.
Krushing Knuckles is perfect. As for FThrow, I already named it. I'll see if I can incorporate Klose Kall, though Uair is taken.
I'm kinda conflicted on DThrow. I like the original name Death Rool, but it breaks the pattern of Ks.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
King Krush-ya? Has a small mentoin to Krusha, so that's always good fun.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I gotta admit R@bid, your moveset is very original and creative. It brings a lot of new concepts to the arena and avoids those generic traits that many fighters have; your ideas for K. Rool inspire me to be more creative with my character movesets. K. Rool's not one of them in my case, but nonetheless, you and banjodorf have ignited my creativity.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
I gotta admit R@bid, your moveset is very original and creative. It brings a lot of new concepts to the arena and avoids those generic traits that many fighters have; your ideas for K. Rool inspire me to be more creative with my character movesets. K. Rool's not one of them in my case, but nonetheless, you and banjodorf have ignited my creativity.
Thank you. A lot of the creativity in my moveset came from simply spending a while on it. While I went about my normal life, I'd think about how exactly I want a move to function. The MYM guide by JOE! in the moveset thread is very helpful too. If you want to make move sets, both of those can really improve quality.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
lol @ the new thread title.

But yeah, this is great news indeed. Even if I don't get it (which I probably will), I'm sure there will be better uploaded vids for the show than there ever was before on youtube and the like, now that there will be more than just the VHS tape to go off of. Back to seeing the cuter version of Diddy in sing-alongs... and the unsettling moments of K. Rool's cape being shorter than it should.

D

Deleted member

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Damn, NA only? Unfair.

That being said K.Rool's final smash should be a musical. Hilarious how that's not even completely out of character, either.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Does the series actually really warrant K.Rool being considered relevant though? But speaking off, since the show is made in France (they had a ****ing TV series called DIDDY COOL there... I ****ted my ****ing pants when I was a young boy and saw that!) and thus is popular already in Europe and even Japan, and now also in the US, this does seem to imply DKC is loved everywhere.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Does the series actually really warrant K.Rool being considered relevant though? But speaking off, since the show is made in France (they had a ****ing TV series called DIDDY COOL there... I ****ted my ****ing pants when I was a young boy and saw that!) and thus is popular already in Europe and even Japan, and now also in the US, this does seem to imply DKC is loved everywhere.
I mean i like Diddy too im alotta people like him but why do you love him as much as you do? ( He was so sick in DK64)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Apparently it's canon is Japan.

Top Bottom