• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
its funny, my first game was DKC 2, although when I started playing it it was in 2000, and the gamecube was just coming out, but I still had only a super nintendo for most of my childhood. thanks parents. (no, really, thanks. probably wouldn't like DKC as much if that never happened)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Already posted this remix here, but no one noticed it, so here's what King K. Rool probably plays on his Dance Klub.

-Remix by djthesdotcom on YouTube-

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
DKVine's Facebook page posted that earlier...needless to say, it's pretty epic.

Also, this was in the Ridley thread, but K. Rool also snagged a spot on ScrewAttack's Top 10 Pirates in Games list. Funnily enough, they didn't even include any footage of him as Kaptain.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
If they bothered or remembered to include the Kaptain persona, I'm sure K. Rool would've been ranked plenty higher out of the 10. Still, surprised Ridley got 2nd place among the list.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Ridley vs. K. Rool? How about Aku vs. Ridley and K. Rool at the same time!!!

*Sorry...*

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
you know, has anyone ever thought about including one of the DKC animal buddies? I mean, rambi's an obvious choice, but I like squawks. he WAS on the cover for DKC2 (getting the birdseed beat out of him by screech, but still on the front)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You mean, as a playable character?

I once made a Rambi moveset...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
you know, has anyone ever thought about including one of the DKC animal buddies? I mean, rambi's an obvious choice, but I like squawks. he WAS on the cover for DKC2 (getting the birdseed beat out of him by screech, but still on the front)
I could see them as potential Assist Trophies, maybe even a DK final smash if we have to stretch it, but definitely not more than that.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
alright, someone needs to go make an animal buddies thread so this can be back to king K. Rool. I can't though, im too busy.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So....

K.Rool.

He's requested in both the west and Japan.

How do you think this affects his chances?

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
I'd say he has great chances because of it. When everyone loves a character, Sakurai is definitely going to know it, and act on it.
Also, does anyone mind if I post my moveset in pieces? I don't have time to do it in one mega post at once.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd say he has great chances because of it. When everyone loves a character, Sakurai is definitely going to know it, and act on it.
Also, does anyone mind if I post my moveset in pieces? I don't have time to do it in one mega post at once.
I don't think anyone minds. Go ahead!

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Arg, I hate my computer. I just typed the move set and was about to click post when it randomly closed. Don't feel like typing it again right now, so I guess the part 1 of the move set will come later.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Arg, I hate my computer. I just typed the move set and was about to click post when it randomly closed. Don't feel like typing it again right now, so I guess the part 1 of the move set will come later.
I type on mobile broo thats nothing compared to the **** thats happened to me.....

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm curious to see what sort of playstyle you give K. Rool, since there's really nothing he CAN'T do, aside from becoming a Bowser clone. ;)

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
He's gonna be a trapper/grappler hybrid, with a lot of careful planning along with random moves, making it so players have to both be great at scheming and still be able to take risks and improvise. He'll have a great ground game and an awful air one. I'll type the move set out when I have time, which probably won't be today.:(

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, it seems as though K. Rool has already pulled himself back into a solid position within the Top 4 of Shortie's new poll, and without me even having to advertise it in the thread title!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm curious to see what sort of playstyle you give K. Rool, since there's really nothing he CAN'T do, aside from becoming a Bowser clone. ;)
I think he'll have some ellusive speed for a big man (like Snake & Melee G'dog), and a funny funky style (like Wario meets Bowser meets Peach meets Charizard).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He'd probaly walk extremely slow but have a surprisingly fast dash. I'd see him kinda as fast as Bowser, maybe a little faster but nothing quite as fast as DK yet. I think DK will always stay the speediest heavy weight character. Unless they give Charizard a huge speed boost of coarse.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Finally have the time for Part 1 of the moveset.
Also, before I begin, let me say that a lot of credit goes to BKupa, as, without playing the games, I relied on his move sets to learn about K Rool's abilities.
Statistics:
Size:10/10
Weight:10/10
Run:8/10
Grounded Jump:8/10
Double Jump:1/10
Fall Speed:7/10
Traction:8/10
Air Mobility:2/10
K Rool is very fast for his size and weight, with a run similar to Charizard. His kingly muscles lift him high off of the ground- making him unfortunately vulnerable. His weight and rounded figure makes for a fast fall, and he slides very little, allowing for easy shield grabs.
His air game is very much hampered by his low mobility and double jump- and never, ever, get hit off stage- you're very likely to die.
Specials:
Neutral:Krown Toss
The King of the Kremlings winds up while B is held, charging up for a throw. When it is released, he throws... His Krown?! Like a slower link's boomerang, the Krown will travel for a little over half of FD in one of three angles- straight, up, or down- before coming back to K Rool. If it misses him, it will go a third of the distance before and then curve back. Upon hitting an opponent, he will be carried on the Krown all the way back to K Rool, who automatically grabs him. Similar to most immobility inducing moves, this can be button mashed out of. Note that if the Krown is hit with someone on it, they will take no knock back but all the damage, and be unable to escape for a moment. The Krown deals 1% every 20 frames.
Side B- Blunderbuss
K Rool pulls a large blunderbuss out and shoots one of the following projectiles:
30% Chance: Kannonball
(No flash while charging) Deals 5% and upward knock back approximately equal to Samus' super missile. If this lands on the ground, it will become a throwable item.
20% Chance: Spiked Kannonball
(White flash while charging) Same as the normal Kannonball, but deals 6%, and upon landing becomes a stationary hit box that disappears after 10 sec onds.
10% Chance: Slowing Gas
Red Charging Flash. Deals no damage or knock back, but slows down the opponent. Upon land, explodes, creating a lingering cloud with the same effect.
10% Chance: Freezing Gas
Blue Charging Flash. Freezes the opponent in place, and creates a lingering cloud upon landing.4%
10% Chance: Strange Gas
Orange Charging Flash. Reverses opponents controls, creates lingering clouds when landing.
10% Chance: Klaptrap
Green Charging Flash. Spikes hard, with 8% damage. Flls through the floors instead of landing.
9% Chance: Barrel
Brown Charging Flash. Light knock back, and rolls upon landing.4%
1% Chance: Misfire
Can't be charged. Deals 10%, no kb, to K Rool and 30%, high knockback, to those around him.

Note that all of these have the same size hitbox, and travel at a decently slow speed to allow for approaching without making camping godlike.This move can be charged by holding down B, making the projectile larger and stronger. If shield is inputted then, charging is canceled, and K Rool will not receive that projectile again until he actually fires another or a misfire happens. The projectiles will move in different ways depending on the direction held during startup. None or forward will result in a completely straight path forward, up will cause a high arc before it lands on the ground, down will make it fall and then repeatedly bounce forward off the ground, and back results in a slow looping flight that is wonderful for covering space or approaching.
Up B: Helikopter Pack
The King takes out a helicopter pack, a gift from his scientist brother :troll: and is, for 3 seconds, able to hover in place and fly in 8 directions, albeit slowly, making him easy to gimp. At the end, K Rool enters special fall . If the pack itself is hit, K Rool will fall, helpless, not even regaining the move's use until he lands or grabs a ledge.
Down B: Electric Pods
A metal pod spawns before K Rool and remains stationary there, even mid air. If K Rool performs the move again elsewhere, another will spawn, and lightning will arc between the two 1 out of every 5 seconds, over a period of 1 minute. The lightning stuns the opponent and deals 10%. The pods act as solid platforms only K Rool can tech off of, delaying gimps and giving him a safe haven to land on in the air, where he is normally so vulnerable. When lightning is not there, K Rool can grab and throw the pods as items- but if lightning comes when he's holding it, he'll be in for a shock. If lightning comes while they are thrown through the air, they will freeze in place suddenly. Throwing the pods can make for faster repositioning, but will not make them last any longer than normal. If down B is pressed with two pods out, both will disappear, allowing for him to set up them again in a new spot.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Finally have the time for Part 1 of the moveset.
Also, before I begin, let me say that a lot of credit goes to BKupa, as, without playing the games, I relied on his move sets to learn about K Rool's abilities.
Statistics:
Size:10/10
Weight:10/10
Run:8/10
Grounded Jump:8/10
Double Jump:1/10
Fall Speed:7/10
Traction:8/10
Air Mobility:2/10
K Rool is very fast for his size and weight, with a run similar to Charizard. His kingly muscles lift him high off of the ground- making him unfortunately vulnerable. His weight and rounded figure makes for a fast fall, and he slides very little, allowing for easy shield grabs.
His air game is very much hampered by his low mobility and double jump- and never, ever, get hit off stage- you're very likely to die.
Specials:
Neutral:Krown Toss
The King of the Kremlings winds up while B is held, charging up for a throw. When it is released, he throws... His Krown?! Like link's boomerang, the Krown will travel for a little over half of FD in one of three angles- straight, up, or down- before coming back to K Rool. If it misses him, it will go a third of the distance before and then curve back. Upon hitting an opponent, he will be carried on the Krown all the way back to K Rool, who automatically grabs him. Similar to most immobility inducing moves, this can be button mashed out of. Note that if the Krown is hit with someone on it, they will take no knock back but all the damage, and be unable to escape for a moment. The Krown deals 1% every 20 frames.
Side B- Blunderbuss
K Rool pulls a large blunderbuss out and shoots one of the following projectiles:
30% Chance: Kannonball
(No flash while charging) Deals 5% and upward knock back approximately equal to Samus' super missile. If this lands on the ground, it will become a throwable item.
20% Chance: Spiked Kannonball
(White flash while charging) Same as the normal Kannonball, but deals 6%, and upon landing becomes a stationary hit box that disappears after 10 sec onds.
10% Chance: Slowing Gas
Red Charging Flash. Deals no damage or knock back, but slows down the opponent. Upon land, explodes, creating a lingering cloud with the same effect.
10% Chance: Freezing Gas
Blue Charging Flash. Freezes the opponent in place, and creates a lingering cloud upon landing.4%
10% Chance: Strange Gas
Orange Charging Flash. Reverses opponents controls, creates lingering clouds when landing.
10% Chance: Klaptrap
Green Charging Flash. Spikes hard, with 8% damage. Flls through the floors instead of landing.
9% Chance: Barrel
Brown Charging Flash. Light knock back, and rolls upon landing.4%
1% Chance: Misfire
Can't be charged. Deals 10%, no kb, to K Rool and 30%, high knockback, to those around him.

This move can be charged by holding down B, making the projectile larger and stronger. If shield is inputted then, charging is canceled, and K Rool will not receive that projectile again until he actually fires another or a misfire happens. The projectiles will move in different ways depending on the direction held during startup. None or forward will result in a completely straight path forward, up will cause a high arc before it lands on the ground, down will make it fall and then repeatedly bounce forward off the ground, and back results in a slow looping flight that is wonderful for covering space or approaching.
Up B: Helikopter Pack
The King takes out a helicopter pack, a gift from his scientist brother :troll: and is, for 3 seconds, able to hover in place and fly in 8 directions, albeit slowly, making him easy to gimp. At the end, K Rool enters special fall . If the pack itself is hit, K Rool will fall, helpless, not even regaining the move's use until he lands or grabs a ledge.
Down B: Electric Pods
A metal pod spawns before K Rool and remains stationary there, even mid air. If K Rool performs the move again elsewhere, another will spawn, and lightning will arc between the two every 5 seconds, over a period of 1 minute. The lightning stuns the opponent and deals 10%. The pods act as solid platforms only K Rool can tech off of, delaying gimps and giving him a safe haven to land on in the air, where he is normally so vulnerable. When lightning is not there, K Rool can grab and throw the pods as items- but if lightning comes when he's holding it, he'll be in for a shock. If lightning comes while they are thrown through the air, they will freeze in place suddenly. Throwing the pods can make for faster repositioning, but will not make them last any longer than normal. If down B is pressed with two pods out, both will disappear, allowing for him to set up them again in a new spot.
I like this idea but don't you think he'd be too focused? He would be God tier on the ground and Ganon tier in the air...that seems too imbalanced. Maybe a bit less ground power and a bit more air wouldn't hurt. I'm all for favoring ground 70/30, but not 90/10.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
I kind of forgot to add that each of these moves is kind of slow. While he has great stage control while grounded, he'll get heavily punished if he's not unpredictable. So ground is not quite so godly, especially when you consider that, without extensive setup( which a lot of his game needs) the effect of Side B is random, limiting your options. However, I do think neutral b, a stage traveling command grab, might need a bit more balance. And as for aerial weakness, you do have to keep in mind that not all his moves are done yet- his a attacks are kinda up in the air. While Ill probably keep his recovery ****ty, his aerials can compensate on stage.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I really like how your moveset brings in the little-known pods from his Baron brother costume, as well as how the crown is differentiated from other boomerang-esque moves by catching and carrying opponents. Statistics are easy enough to fix for balance purposes, though a nitpick of mine would be that there is a lot of luck involved as to what K. Rool fires from his blunderbuss. I'd maybe narrow it down to a smaller number of possible projectiles, but the individual projectiles all fine, so that's a matter of preference.

Will you be adding standard attacks?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Strongly recommend playing the SNES DKC games though! It´s worth it, even if you just emulate it or something.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
I purposely made it very random, so that players either have to be very meticulous in planning out things through the ability to stop certain projectiles from appearing via charge cancel, or very good at improvising- since all give K Rool some form of advantage he can capitalize off of.
And yeah, a moves and his final smash will be in Part II when I work up enough energy to type another mega post on IPad, which takes forever.

Strongly recommend playing the SNES DKC games though! It´s worth it, even if you just emulate it or something.
Are they available in some way on the Wii?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Weirdly enough no, they are not on VC for the Wii anymore. Nintendo took them of from it last year for reasons unknown.

Top Bottom