• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
I mean as someone who loves Amaterasu and Okami as a game, there is no way in any way, shape, or form that she would be a priority. Yeah, the game's been rereleased like a million times on a lot of platforms but the series literally only has two games in it and neither have had any massive sales. Amaterasu isn't even a priority to Capcom. She wasn't even in the last Marvel vs. Capcom either.

I'm happy K. Rool's in a lot of leaks but so many of them for this game feel more like fan rosters (see: Amaterasu circled) than even trying to be convincing.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
There was one on the old thread's enormous OP, but I think BKupa stopped adding to it because it got so dang long that adding any more crashed the whole thing.
https://smashboards.com/threads/k-r...or-an-invite-to-the-new-k-rool-thread.324259/
Speaking of that list, I took the liberty of going through the past pages all the way to the first to find all the new supporters on this thread. The ones that were not in the link above in this post. Without further ado, here are all the K. Rool supporters who wanted to sign up that I found in this thread.

Tubbers09/Dixie Kong/LimeTH/Uncle Kenny/PhilosophicAnimal/LancerJayden/Kyon9898/Cetus/MeleeMario64/Lycan Rex/SSB4 Roy Pharae/Makai Wars/Scorchingwater/LCHSGoBigRed/OhMyBanana54/Impa4Smash/CrimsonFireWolf/Zabadoo/PsychoJosh/Cart Boy/Thatkidwiththeafro/AquaSol/GeoBantra/SenSX/FarquadMoses/Marcello691/Brother AJ/GaroMaster/PrinceGal3n/sman3579/Pizza Robo/Parades/Maxopower/Phoebee/BlazGreen/SuperPhil64/Strong DK/SSBCandidates/xWolfiex/ndayday/Professor Lexicovermis/TooBadWaluigiTime/Dr.Turtle/Mythzotick//Tord the Red Leader/RealLuigisWearPink/Fisher/spoilerowl/Jimmy42893

Not bad so far, huh?

Last edited:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Honestly 11-13 newcomers + echoes and counting Riddles and Inkling sounds perfect. Throw in a Melee-style adventure mode and Smash Run and this would absolutely be the perfect Smash.
I agree, but honestly we should get a mix of Subspace and Adventure Mode. If you really go back to Adventure Mode, it was clearly rushed having only two real stages with Mario and Zelda. The rest was just classic mode style matches, with two challenges that were just boring get from point A to point B sections, the sections had no enemies, with Metroid being a game of Jump from platform to platform without much challenge, and F-Zero being a run to the left challenge, but occasionally cars will pop out, forcing you to wait. Adventure Mode should have a decent amount of platforming sections that take advantage of the Nintendo worlds, compared to Melee.

Smash Run was another half-baked Mode, but this can easily be fixed with multiplayer and maybe 4 different stages in total to run around on.

Kaptain K. Rool not being an alt costume would be odd, but not completely unexpected. There are plenty of missed opportunities like these, which is unfortunate.

...Huh. Whaddya know.

Melee's engine was done in 6 months or less and people working on that kind of stuff are not the same guys who make items, characters, stages and models for all of that.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I want that stuff too! I wouldn't even care if we had only 3 newcomers if it means we get proper single player content. But there are a lot of things to consider when comparing games on very different consoles.
I understand that different consoles work differently, and I wasn’t expecting a full single player mode, but I don’t think I’m unreasonable in thinking that this title should have more. If the engine is the same, then programming characters or reprogramming characters into this Smash will be a lot easier then previous titles, which Sakurai states. Having the same team also helps as they are familiar with building Smash titles, so combine an established team with an engine they are familiar with and the task to create a new Smash should be easier than previous enteries. Characters were already built to fit the engine, so putting them in the new Smash is an easier task than the engine switch from Melee to Brawl.

The engine being pre-established should make all the things you mentioned easier, giving the team more time for new content.

AnothenBlue

Smash Cadet
She wasn't even in the last Marvel vs. Capcom either.
To be fair, the last MvC game was just cheap ad for MCU. A lot of characters that really should be there are missing despite reusing assets.
I understand that different consoles work differently, and I wasn’t expecting a full single player mode, but I don’t think I’m unreasonable in thinking that this title should have more. If the engine is the same, then programming characters or reprogramming characters into this Smash will be a lot easier then previous titles, which Sakurai states. Having the same team also helps as they are familiar with building Smash titles, so combine an established team with an engine they are familiar with and the task to create a new Smash should be easier than previous enteries. Characters were already built to fit the engine, so putting them in the new Smash is an easier task than the engine switch from Melee to Brawl.

The engine being pre-established should make all the things you mentioned easier, giving the team more time for new content.
You're not being unreasonable for thinking there should be more, but I don't think using Brawl for comparison is fair here and you should probably wait for them to reveal everything.

It doesn't make ALL the things easier. Just most of the coding stuff, which is admittedly a lot, but still not exactly half the work needed to be put into the game.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
To be fair, the last MvC game was just cheap ad for MCU. A lot of characters that really should be there are missing despite reusing assets.
If you're referring to the likes of the X-Men and Dr. Doom, keep in mind that was Marvel's fault since Infinite was made during a time where Marvel banned them from several games.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you're referring to the likes of the X-Men and Dr. Doom, keep in mind that was Marvel's fault since Infinite was made during a time where Marvel banned them from several games.
Everyone knows it was Marvel's fault.

But that doesn't change the fact I ain't buying a MvC game without Dr. Doom

Last edited:

AnothenBlue

Smash Cadet
Marvel characters are a separate can of worms, but then you have things like Wesker and Jill being cut while Nemesis stays. I like the big guy as much as the next person, but why did he get in over Wesker? Neither is relevant at this point...as far as I know, but Wesker has been in more games with a bigger role, so, what gives?

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
So seeing that list makes me realize I guess I never formally "signed on" for the support thread. So you can officially sign me up! If it wasn't blatantly clear from the content of my posts and the fact that nearly all of my 20-some comments so far are in this thread, K. Rool is my most wanted character by a significant margin.

As for the red circle ""leak"", I really hope this doesn't pick up traction like the King/Ponytail/etc. one did. We really shouldn't be talking about these any more than in passing, unless there's anything tangible to go on. That being said those are pretty decent choices, with the obvious exception of K. Rool getting snubbed. But add K. Rool and then someone like Banjo to it and I think it's a perfect roster.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So seeing that list makes me realize I guess I never formally "signed on" for the support thread. So you can officially sign me up! If it wasn't blatantly clear from the content of my posts and the fact that nearly all of my 20-some comments so far are in this thread, K. Rool is my most wanted character by a significant margin.

As for the red circle ""leak"", I really hope this doesn't pick up traction like the King/Ponytail/etc. one did. We really shouldn't be talking about these any more than in passing, unless there's anything tangible to go on. That being said those are pretty decent choices, with the obvious exception of K. Rool getting snubbed. But add K. Rool and then someone like Banjo to it and I think it's a perfect roster.

If you haven't received this, welcome aboard!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I thought I would share this post by bluepikmin

Have you guys seen this thread:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76776470

"https://twitter.com/Ruben_dal/status/1013925354682101760

Smash 4 was datamined, revealing Bayonetta had been planned WITHIN 2 WEEKS OF THE BALLOT. Okay, so what?

WELL, I had messaged a friend earlier in JUNE, who had said Bayonetta had been planned WITHIN LESS THAN A MONTH, adding to his credibility of his sources. He had also revealed that Daisy was in the top 20

https://i.imgur.com/1ExbL9l.png

* Note: I removed some parts in my private message screenshots to keep the dude confidential and respect his/her privacy. No other parts of the screenshots are edited.. the dates read/sent are real.. a month before this datamine came out

People seem to underestimate Daisy's popularity. The fact she comes from the Super Mario series alone makes her more iconic than 70% of this game's roster. Combined with my efforts and campaign to get Daisy in smash, we got her in this game!

Due to
A.) Daisy's Popularity in the ballot
B.) Michaeloll, memoryman and we are daisy
C.) Daisy's importance to her series over irrelevant characters such as Waluigi

A,B, and C, Daisy became a playable character in this game!

If you claim she got in this game due to easily clonable, then that is FALSE!"

"I copy and pasted some of the prviate message convo from here
https://i.imgur.com/1ExbL9l.png

"Around that time I had let my friend use my account to post explanations to the last several DLC fighters, how the Smash Ballot worked, and the update that altered shield damage before Cloud's reveal. I believe that you specifically asked him about Daisy's placement on the Smash Ballot and he revealed that she was the 20th most requested character after getting rid of meme choices. I think it was 20th, it's been some time since then so I can't recall for sure but it was somewhere around there."

"In any case, most of the "real" voting was finished within a month's time so even if there were some discrepancies between the actual count and the count used for the final vote it was still about 90% accurate. The Ballot was mostly to determine possible series representation in future installments anyway, particularly in regards to third parties. Knowing what companies you want to work out potential licensing issues with early on in the game's development makes it easier to implement their properties in the base game or as early DLC." - Sent June 15, 2018"

Does this user have any form of past credibility? His information is especially interesting, in regards to third-party representation. Given what representation we seen of third parties like the Bomberman Assist, I think his info might hold a bit of merit.
This is huge if the source for this is creditable

Top 20 zone is where they ar looking if true

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of that list, I took the liberty of going through the past pages all the way to the first to find all the new supporters on this thread. The ones that were not in the link above in this post. Without further ado, here are all the K. Rool supporters who wanted to sign up that I found in this thread.

Tubbers09/Dixie Kong/LimeTH/Uncle Kenny/PhilosophicAnimal/LancerJayden/Kyon9898/Cetus/MeleeMario64/Lycan Rex/SSB4 Roy Pharae/Makai Wars/Scorchingwater/LCHSGoBigRed/OhMyBanana54/Impa4Smash/CrimsonFireWolf/Zabadoo/PsychoJosh/Cart Boy/Thatkidwiththeafro/AquaSol/GeoBantra/SenSX/FarquadMoses/Marcello691/Brother AJ/GaroMaster/PrinceGal3n/sman3579/Pizza Robo/Parades/Maxopower/Phoebee/BlazGreen/SuperPhil64/Strong DK/SSBCandidates/xWolfiex/ndayday/Professor Lexicovermis/TooBadWaluigiTime/Dr.Turtle/Mythzotick//Tord the Red Leader/RealLuigisWearPink/Fisher

Not bad so far, huh?
I decided to count them all up and in total that makes 714 supporters! The Kremling army only continues to grow stronger!

Last edited:

Jimmy42893

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jimmy42893
Apparently I never formally signed up for the support thread either. (I did get the One of Us treatment, though.) Sign me up, please and thank you!

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
when did the true smash 4 leak come out.

Like how far off was the release date?

And did melee and brawl have leaks also what was the timeframe like

Cause it’s too early it seems like.

StormC

Smash Hero
when did the true smash 4 leak come out.

Like how far off was the release date?

And did melee and brawl have leaks also what was the timeframe like

Cause it’s too early it seems like.
4 was leaked about a month before the game came out in Japan. Brawl about two weeks before (after Olimar was revealed). Can't say for Melee.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
4 was leaked about a month before the game came out in Japan. Brawl about two weeks before (after Olimar was revealed). Can't say for Melee.
Yeah I’m going say don’t trust a leak until at least November

Seems like a leak everyweek

The Olimar update for the dojo was Jan 09 brawl came out the 31

Last edited:

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Be really thankful we don't need anywhere near the crossover legal judo that MvC does. My god, the last one was so disappointing with no X-Men. Also, everything else that was disappointing about it.

Last edited:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
You're not being unreasonable for thinking there should be more, but I don't think using Brawl for comparison is fair here and you should probably wait for them to reveal everything.

It doesn't make ALL the things easier. Just most of the coding stuff, which is admittedly a lot, but still not exactly half the work needed to be put into the game
My question is, why isn’t Brawl a good comparison?

They are both games from the same franchise. It’d be no different then comparing Mario titles, like Sunshine to 64. Or Zelda titles, like Ocarina to Twilight.

Actually, going by comparison, many people compare MVCI to 3 to show how much Infinite is lacking in terms of characters, graphics, etc. The two come from completely different generations, so why is it fair to compare MVCI to previous enteries and complain about the lack of things like X-Men.

If a game in a franchise sets a standard, then why not expect other titles in the series to follow. Smash builds off its predecessors like many other franchises, so comparing Ultimate to older enteries is all but inevitable.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I'm really hoping to god that this endless waiting is building up something amazing. I've been let down by 2 Smash games. Time for a little redemption. :)

AnothenBlue

Smash Cadet
My question is, why isn’t Brawl a good comparison?

They are both games from the same franchise. It’d be no different then comparing Mario titles, like Sunshine to 64. Or Zelda titles, like Ocarina to Twilight.

Actually, going by comparison, many people compare MVCI to 3 to show how much Infinite is lacking in terms of characters, graphics, etc. The two come from completely different generations, so why is it fair to compare MVCI to previous enteries and complain about the lack of things like X-Men.

If a game in a franchise sets a standard, then why not expect other titles in the series to follow. Smash builds off its predecessors like many other franchises, so comparing Ultimate to older enteries is all but inevitable.
You're saying that if Brawl and Ultimate have same development cycle, then there's no reason why Ultimate can't add as much content as Brawl did, right? The thing is that they are two console generations apart and there's a lot of things to take into consideration, including things we don't know. Sure, we know that the engine is relatively the same, but we don't know how much trouble that saves and how much more time is required to make everything else in comparison to previous games or how much time is put into all these things to prevent things like Brawl Snake's hitboxes from happening.

The games you've mentioned are compared for different reasons (it's more about what the content is, not how much of it is added) and MvCI is an entirely different matter. Despite being a next gen game, it looks worse than 3 and the reused assets are painfully obvious. The whole game is just one big lousy ad for the movies, which is really bad for a series like MvC.

Last edited:

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
The budget for MvCI was really poor, the whole game had the budget of a Street Fighter 5 character pass.
It sure had issues, but this game was definitly not as terrible as some people say it is.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Last edited:

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
The budget for MvCI was really poor, the whole game had the budget of a Street Fighter 5 character pass.
It sure had issues, but this game was definitly not as terrible as some people say it is.
The game definitely isn't terrible. I have it on PS4 and play it quite often. I think its mechanics are solid and its online play (when you find someone) is much better than SFV and Tekken 7's online. I feel like with more polishing the game could do way better. That's why we at the Marvel community are hoping for a S2. It seems unlikely now, but man we'd be happy if it happened.

StormC

Smash Hero
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy, people on /v/ right now are saying it's just an amiibo announcement, but the translated webpage says "Smash SPECIAL, also amiibo release date"

PLEASE LET IT BE
"Special" is the game's name in Japanese.

(大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ SPECIAL, Great Fray Smash Brothers Special)

The only thing I seem to be gleaming from this is that pre-orders for the game go up tomorrow in Japan...? Maybe I'm missing something.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
"Special" is the game's name in Japanese.

(大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ SPECIAL, Great Fray Smash Brothers Special)

The only thing I seem to be gleaming from this is that pre-orders for the game go up tomorrow in Japan...? Maybe I'm missing something.
Aw damn, I thought this might be a smash focused direct.

Well, I guess we'll keep starving until the next actual Direct lol

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
According to the totally accurate google translate, it seems to just be saying that preorders will be going up and that you can get some kind of poster thing when you get the game

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm curious, does this news match that old amiibo leak from some weeks ago?

Snorkel the dolphin

Cetacean Gamer
Switch FC
SW 6666 6666 6666
Hey folks. Longtime King K. Rool supporter Snorkel the dolphin here. I've come to sign up and show my support for the kremling king. December the 7th will be a glorious day for all of us.

Top Bottom