• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Join the King K. Rool Discord channel today!

It's great to be a king!
I seem to have a knack
For taking everything I want
And giving nothing back!

I'll take away your jellies,
I'll take away your jams!
Have a nice vacation
While I take your travel plans!

Now that I have the power,
This is my finest hour!
Nothing on this Earth can stop me now!

Everything is mine!
I finally have control!
Oh, excuse me, I hope I don't sound too droll...
I'll take your color TVs,
And a banana, if you please,
And I'll put an end to this silly world peace!

Fools, while I watch you cower,
This is my finest hour!
Bait you on my hook
Just like a worm!
Before I crush you like a bug,
Come over here and give me a hug!
It gives me so much joy to watch you squirm!

FORMER ORIGINAL POST:

As you may have surmised from the thread title, this is a support thread for K. Rool Avenue as a playable character for future Smash games.

What, don't you want to fight Mario and Link as the literal entire New Donk City avenue, with the sign, cars and all the fixin's? It's relevant, after all, and what more unique a way to pursue the road to victory than by fighting as an actual road?

All k. idding aside, here's a link to the previous K. Rool support thread, which has been cited in various comment sections over the years for featuring perhaps the most comprehensively nerdy look at moveset possibilities for a Smash newcomer wannabe out there. I think it continues to speak for itself as far as unique value K. Rool could bring to the table as a fighter, even if some, detractor and fan, still define that value only in terms of him being Third Dee-Kay Rep Who Is Also A Heavy Villain.

What's more, here's a link to the post that originally served as that thread's main post. I archived it in a random thread after it became so overstuffed full of fanart, stage ideas and rebuttals to talking points (to which Smash 4 infuriatingly gave traction) that this site began producing error messages whenever I tried editing it.

I'm linking these posts rather than crafting a full new one mainly due to personal busyness, but also because the idea of a "support" thread expressly advocating for a character is now demonstrably antiquated.

That's not to say anyone shouldn't support K. Rool for Smash — he's every bit the awesome character he was when people started rallying behind him about a decade ago — but rather just to keep things in perspective. Forum advocacy might be fun, but it's the equivalent of shouting into the void, and to influence character decisions that to date have been made, for better or worse, long before we even know a new game exists.

For years, especially since the ballot wrapped, the ball has been in Nintendo's court in terms of how it will handle the influx of K. Rool fan input as marketing data, and how it will square that with any personal preferences developers might have in designing future DK and spin-off games. Sooner or later, fans will see what they've decided and can respond accordingly, with sweetness or "LOLSALT."

But until that time arrives, here's to hoping this thread remains a quality home for Kutthroats new and old to have fun bonding together and discussing all things Kremling King — that brings experiences no disconfirmation can ever dampen.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Still the kharakter I want in Smash the most really. Hopefully I'll be more involved with the rest of the pro-Rool kommunity this time. Also I hope I kan stop replaking cs with ks.

:094:

D

Deleted member

I'll continue to support this kroc and be one of you.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
#KrocTheVote

K. Rool still has my undying loyalty as a Kuttthroat. We can only await the moment he makes his big return (Smash or Donkey Kong Country).

D

Deleted member

I'd figure that since I am here, I may as well mention I am one of the Kremling Kutthroats, have been since its inception in mid-2012.

Calling it, he'll be back and no Kongs is going to stop his glorious return.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Yes, I was waiting for this one. I am a supporter of K. Rool for Smash after all, in fact, he's still my most wanted Nintendo character. Count me in as a supporter.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Tossing in support. Been a while since I ran with the Kutthroats back in the hay day of the Ballot Era. Cheers.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Whether it's DKC or Smash, he needs to come back.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Hey everybody!

Just checking in to throw my support back into the ring - not that it's ever gone anywhere. :laugh: K. Rool remains my most-wanted character for Smash, especially since I've been waiting and hoping for him to show up since Melee (where I originally hoped that both Diddy and K. Rool would debut).

I can't help but feel that including K. Rool amongst the many DK series references in Super Mario Odyssey's New Donk City is a positive thing - it's the sort of referencing that I simply wouldn't have expected to see in a Super Mario title even just a few years ago. For some reason, it puts me in mind of the sorts of referencing that the DK series itself carried out in the 1990s, and I can't help but like that.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Hmm...
I might consider coming back to support this K.Rooked King. However, it'll take a while, perhaps until I actually beat him in one of the games will I actually ask for my name to be placed on the Kremling Krew Kredits. I have nothing against K. Rool as a character and would be ecstatic for his confirmation, but seeing immaturity in the face of defeat is not what I expected of a dedicated support group.

So basically, let me beat one of the games he appears in (like the original DK Trilogy or DK64), then I'll ask for my name back on this thread as a Kutthroat.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
but seeing immaturity in the face of defeat is not what I expected of a dedicated support group.
I agree with you 100%, but in all fairness, that was only a distinct minority of a very large group. I can only think of a very tiny handful who were behaving in such a manner.

It's unfair to tar and feather the innocent vast majority with the same brush.

So basically, let me beat one of the games he appears in (like the original DK Trilogy or DK64), then I'll ask for my name back on this thread as a Kutthroat.
Have you picked one to work through, yet, or do you have yet to choose?

If the latter, I'd like to put a vote forward for Donkey Kong Country 2, as it's a very well-refined traditional platformer - I feel that it's even better than the original. :4diddy:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I agree with you 100%, but in all fairness, that was only a distinct minority of a very large group. I can only think of a very tiny handful who were behaving in such a manner.

It's unfair to tar and feather the innocent vast majority with the same brush.

Have you picked one to work through, yet, or do you have yet to choose?

If the latter, I'd like to put a vote forward for Donkey Kong Country 2, as it's a very well-refined traditional platformer - I feel that it's even better than the original. :4diddy:
I guess it was some of my emotions that were clouding what I was seeing. I was hoping for a more 'Well, we tried as hard as we did Kutthroats, but we'll be back next time' response, but stuff akin to '!@&#@ Sakurai for giving us this climax,' 'Boycott Corrin and Bayonetta,' it was hard for me to have a positive image of the thread during the insanity. Hopefully I'll be able to forgive this thread as I play through the games again.

As for which of the games I'll start playing again? I've made the most progress in DK64, so I might go back to it then through the trilogy starting with 1.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Let me tell you, every time I get on Mario Super Sluggers I pick King K Rool for my team and when he come see to bat I'm always hitting pitches outta the park.

Considering all that, I support.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah count me in to. Smash 4's speculation era was one of great dissapointments, I hope we'll finally get rewarded for the long wait. Might actually buy a Switch if K.Rool gets in.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Nice to see the Kutthroat family again.

Here's hoping that third time's the charm.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Even before Diddy Kong?
Of course not! But DK64 was still fresh on my mind. To be honest, if I where to look back I'd think that Diddy, K.Rool and even Chunky where on my Wish List. Chunky mostly cause of the final fight with K.Rool, I thought of him as more important than Tiny and Lanky ironically. But right now, am also supporting both K.Rool and Dixie, so it's not weird. I was a lot less passionate about him back then though, cause I never could picture Donkey Kong without him, Diddy, or the Kremlings.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
To this day I stand with the opinon that it would be really cool and fun if Kremlings and Snowmads were both in one game...with some side-changing stuff.

Hopefully he's in the next Smash. I want more heavy big guys damn it.
Plus DKC music is amazing.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, the hell? That image in the OP too. lmao

Still support him, but that was a strange eye opener.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is there actually mod shenanigans?

I want K.Rool.

:)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want just about any DKC character now, don't care who it is. Give me Dixie, Cranky, Rambi, anyone and I'll be instantly satisfied. I just don't think a new character from the established Nintendo franchises is very likely now, like, at all.

Sm4sh added a ton of Mario characters, and I don't see them expanding. Zelda doesn't really have a good enough core cast outside of Link, Zelda and Ganon, and Donkey Kong really needs more games and attention from Nintendo before Smash can give them anything- which is our MAJOR problem!

Sakurai and the Smash team directed their attention more towards newer and "fresher" Nintendo franchises for inspiration for new characters. And of course third party characters. There's very few exceptions to this rule except for maybe Villager and Little Mac, and of course our Token Retro Character 3.0 :4duckhunt:.

Mario is lucky to get all the attention of Nintendo, and thus got a ****ton of new characters (if you count all Koopalings, which you should). Fire Emblem is lucky to have gained a ****ton of more attention since Awakening as it was the series' "revival" (I'd much rather have all remakes of old games instead of Anime Emblem however :rolleyes: ) and Fire Emblem has a lot to work with in general- much like Pokemon; a franchise almost always guranteed to have a newcomer. And then we also have to remember that Pokemon gets a lot of cuts to in it's roster. Even Mario had Dr.Mario cut during Brawl, and hugely iconic Pokemon as Mewtwo, Squirtle and Ivysaur also got our-prioritized by newer faces.

We're actually just really, really, REALLY unlucky that Donkey Kong Country never got the attention it deserves in older Smash games. And in Melee, it mostly had to do with the Rare buyout (:sadeyes::sadeyes::sadeyes::sadeyes::sadeyes::sadeyes::sadeyes::sadeyes::sadeyes::sadeyes::sadeyes::sadeyes::sadeyes:) while in Brawl, there where simply just too many characters that honestly needed inclusion, Diddy included. Up till today, I think Brawl was the ONLY SMASH GAME which had "logical" character inclusions. But even in Brawl, you could notice the third party characters took a lot of attention, Sonic even got the game delayed and was favorited over the "Forbidden Seven" which included the massively popular Mewtwo. :4mewtwo:

So with this all in mind, I think that if we'd actually get King K.Rool in Smash that'd be amazing fan service unless K.Rool appears in a Donkey Kong Country title shortly before. Which actually is ALSO huge fan service considering how Retro always chose to have it's own cast of enemies in their DKC games.

I'm down for the ride again, but I won't delude myself. Even Dixie Kong would be a God-given treasure at this given moment.

:4diddy:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Gangplank Galleon or The Flying Krock is too much to ask for almost. I think it's far more likely they'll give us a moving Bramble-based stage if they want a homestage for K.Rool. DKC2 is also the most popular DKC game, so I could see it happening.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I want just about any DKC character now, don't care who it is. Give me Dixie, Cranky, Rambi, anyone and I'll be instantly satisfied. I just don't think a new character from the established Nintendo franchises is very likely now, like, at all.
We hereby announce... Brash the Bear
Are you satisfied now? :troll:

obligatory joke

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'll kontinue to support our King and Kaptain.

No Miis allowed.

Laniv

Smash Lord
I still stand with our glorious king, the Scaly Scourge of the Seven Seas.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Imagine how different Donkey Kong Jungle Beat would be if K. Rool was a villain there.

Then it would have been a boring fight where you destroy his kannonballs with clapping and beat him down with his fists. I'd imagine Rare would have made it more fun if they did stay wth Nintendo.

Top Bottom