• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Surprised no one is talking about the BOTW Free Update to MK8:Deluxe that just released. To add "evidence" to the rumor.
To be honest, I've thought of it as deconfirming this "rumor/leak", but I could very well be wrong at this point since Nintendo is full of surprises, really. They could announce a Direct on Friday or Saturday for all I know and I won't even expect it, but I'm just not sure, really...

HAve source?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFyPy6fUaCs

Here.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705

It was not a part of the leak. So I think it deconfirms it more than confirms it. But you will only be reaally sure once its past the 22nd of July.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I don't remember the rumor mentioning something like that
It didn't mention BOTW content it just mentioned that MK8 would continue to recieve DLC. I don't believe the rumor AT ALL. But I am happy MK8: Deluxe is getting more updates. People keep thinking Nintendo was gonna release a game to coincide with their online service in September. Now that we know Smash Ultimate isn't gonna be it. I really do think we WILL see new paid DLC for Mario Kart 8: Deluxe in September to help boost the online service. With these free content updates (LABO and BOTW) whether that's announced in that rumored Nintendo Direct or not I have a STRONG feeling Nintendo is building to something greater with Kart 8 and I can't wait. Hopefully Diddy and Funky become playable characters in the future.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
they said those

It was not a part of the leak. So I think it deconfirms it more than confirms it. But you will only be reaally sure once its past the 22nd of July.
DLC updates would be revealed during the direct. I think they may be giving you some extra info. Thats my guess

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Interesting... tbh I didint think I'd see any content come to Mario Kart 8 I figured once we got deluxe that'd be it but hey that's pretty cool. Though in a way this sort of helps the leak? This shows they're still adding content of this nature so doing this would be a nice way of getting MK8 back in the discussion to prepare a new DLC pack... i don't know.. I want to think the leak is fake, I want to believe the leak is real... Nintendo throwing out these small trailers all of the sudden and what not is very strange.

Last edited:

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
It didn't mention BOTW content it just mentioned that MK8 would continue to recieve DLC. I don't believe the rumor AT ALL. But I am happy MK8: Deluxe is getting more updates. People keep thinking Nintendo was gonna release a game to coincide with their online service in September. Now that we know Smash Ultimate isn't gonna be it. I really do think we WILL see new paid DLC for Mario Kart 8: Deluxe in September to help boost the online service. With these free content updates (LABO and BOTW) whether that's announced in that rumored Nintendo Direct or not I have a STRONG feeling Nintendo is building to something greater with Kart 8 and I can't wait. Hopefully Diddy and Funky become playable characters in the future.
I never thought that they would use Mario Kart 8 to help push their online service. New DLC would be the perfect boost to the game as well.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Kirby was also mentioned in the leak. Does anyone know whats on the smash brothers website?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Something about all of this Nintendo activity feels suspicious, even disregarding it's possible connections with the 22nd leak. It feels like Nintendo has been increasing in activity, it's almost like they are building up to something. Something just feels strange.

Snorkel the dolphin

Cetacean Gamer
Switch FC
SW 6666 6666 6666
Something about all of this Nintendo activity feels suspicious, even disregarding it's possible connections with the 22nd leak. It feels like Nintendo has been increasing in activity, it's almost like they are building up to something. Something just feels strange.
That's Satan you're feeling.

Last edited:

Jimmy42893

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jimmy42893
Regarding SDCC, it's not unreasonable to think that we might get something this weekend. In an interview with GameInformer during E3, Reggie noted that they would continue to make announcements after E3, adding, "We break news in Nintendo Directs when we want. Historically we've broken news at San Diego Comic Con, at PAX Prime, at Gamescom in Europe." Obviously the SDCC point was just an acknowledgment of how they've done things in the past and not a guarantee that they would do things the same way this year, but it does suggest that it wouldn't be crazy to think we may see something new before the week is out. (Whether it would be crazy to think that "something" could be the July 22nd "leak," though, is another discussion.)

Here's the relevant question and answer from the interview, with emphasis added:
<GameInformer> Switch continues to snowball and build on its base. I still see stores selling out of hardware. You have Smash Bros. coming out this holiday. You focused the messaging of the Direct to what is coming soon. Can we expect more announcements for this timeframe in the months ahead, or is what we saw at E3 the bulk of the lineup?

<Reggie>We’re going to continue to make announcements. E3 is not the only opportunity that we use to break news. We break news in Nintendo Directs when we want. Historically we’ve broken news at San Diego Comic Con, at PAX Prime, at Gamescom in Europe. We’re always looking for the right opportunity to share information about a particular game. Certainly for the holidays our lineup is set with Super Mario Party in October with Pokémon: Let’s Go Pikachu and Let’s Go Eevee in November right before Black Friday, and with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on December 7. We believe that pacing is going to give us tremendous momentum during the holiday season.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious are there any music tracks from Jungle Climber you think could work in Smash? What are some of your favorite Jungle Climber songs? I know next to nothing about the soundtrack besides the first couple of levels being fairly generic. I'm honestly curious.
They're certainly not David Wise quality and they're very short, but I do find a few songs to enjoy in the game. In fact, I believe one of them plays in the first level of world 2, so it shouldn't be too far away. I'll just drop a few below. I don't think many of them would fit in a fighting game all that well though, perhaps just a medley of the two boss themes.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So I guess the big question is if anything is going to happen on July 22nd. I don't think it's impossible, but what do you guys think?

Deespacito

Smash Rookie
While my first choice for newcomer should be fairly obvious, the King is not far behind. The title of this topic gave me a flashback to when I played DK64 as a kid and would always turn off the N64 in a hurry whenever I was done playing the game, because K Rool's game over video scared the **** out of me. It would be nice to finally play as the big guy, or maybe just kick his ass :laugh::laugh: Either way, consider me a Kutthroat!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
While my first choice for newcomer should be fairly obvious, the King is not far behind. The title of this topic gave me a flashback to when I played DK64 as a kid and would always turn off the N64 in a hurry whenever I was done playing the game, because K Rool's game over video scared the **** out of me. It would be nice to finally play as the big guy, or maybe just kick his *** :laugh::laugh: Either way, consider me a Kutthroat!

Welcome to the kutthroat crew!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
That's Satan you're feeling.
A dolphin that is into Satan, now I've seen everything lol

They're certainly not David Wise quality and they're very short, but I do find a few songs to enjoy in the game. In fact, I believe one of them plays in the first level of world 2, so it shouldn't be too far away. I'll just drop a few below. I don't think many of them would fit in a fighting game all that well though, perhaps just a medley of the two boss themes.
I've actually never heard these tracks before. These are really solid tracks.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Hopefully we get some juicy Smash news sooner rather than later. It would just be nice to know if King K. is in the game or not. As big as he is in terms of global popularity, waiting all the way until the end to discover anything in regards to him is going to be hard. Ridley fans got something more than just excitement and happiness from his reveal, they got closure. I want that for King K.

If he is in GREAT, if he is an AT okay, if he isn't then whatever. Just let us know already. He is just too long overdue for any kind of appearance at this point. P.S. My Word! The Ashley thread is flying faster than I have seen a thread move in a long time. 3000 posts already...good golly. I have to say I am surprised at how many people seem to like her. Is she more requested than Waluigi? I never knew anything about her until Brawl.

Last edited:

SkullKidKing

Smash Cadet
KKR has been my #1 since Melee and I have been aware of the thread for awhile. I've largely been a lurker here and never popped in, but I figured its time I threw my hat in with the Kutthroats

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Even if there is no direct on the 22nd, the old man leak didn't give a specific date. So while it might disprove one leak as fake, we got 1.5 more weeks for the main one

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
KKR has been my #1 since Melee and I have been aware of the thread for awhile. I've largely been a lurker here and never popped in, but I figured its time I threw my hat in with the Kutthroats

Welcome to the kutthroat krew!

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
What if Pirate K. Rool was revealed as an AT, but after the launch of the game we discover King K. Rool as a playable.

Earning Pirate K. Rool's trophy the description confirms that he is the King's brother or something along the lines, freaking everyone out!

How would you feel?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What if Pirate K. Rool was revealed as an AT, but after the launch of the game we discover King K. Rool as a playable.

Earning Pirate K. Rool's trophy the description confirms that he is the King's brother or something along the lines, freaking everyone out!

How would you feel?
You mean Kaptain K Rool?

That'd be weird since they are the same character. I'd also be funny because the biggest thing against K Rool for years is that the Japanese don't like him because they thought each K Rool was a different character, therefore him having no development or character.

I kinda want kaptain K Rool to be an alternate costume. I'd honestly rather it be the main costume since DKC2 was the best

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Even if there is no direct on the 22nd, the old man leak didn't give a specific date. So while it might disprove one leak as fake, we got 1.5 more weeks for the main one
Hasn't that leak already been disproven? I could've sworn that the person who made it came forward and said that he made it all up.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hasn't that leak already been disproven? I could've sworn that the person who made it came forward and said that he made it all up.
I haven't heard anything. It's the one that's being spread around by everyone.

If it's fake, I'm pretty sure ALL leaks that say K Rool and Dixie are coming out this month are fake because it came first. The others are just copying it

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
You mean Kaptain K Rool?

That'd be weird since they are the same character. I'd also be funny because the biggest thing against K Rool for years is that the Japanese don't like him because they thought each K Rool was a different character, therefore him having no development or character.

I kinda want kaptain K Rool to be an alternate costume. I'd honestly rather it be the main costume since DKC2 was the best
Yeah, Kaptain K. Rool, it's 7 am here, and I should have been better of seeping, so I'll blame that.
I do hope for Kappa Krool to be an alternative costume, but that was what I went off by, remembering that something regarding Japan thought they were different characters. Think there was a translation error in DKC2 that made it.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I thought it was the Old Man leak that came forward and said they said it was fake. Is the Old Man leak the one with the code names, because that's the one.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought it was the Old Man leak that came forward and said they said it was fake. Is the Old Man leak the one with the code names, because that's the one.
If it's fake, I'm going for ALL the leaks about K Rool this month being fake.

I'm betting all the leaks circulating right now are fake as well

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I haven't heard anything. It's the one that's being spread around by everyone.

If it's fake, I'm pretty sure ALL leaks that say K Rool and Dixie are coming out this month are fake because it came first. The others are just copying it
I'm trying to find the source, but someone even posted about it here. The user who supposedly made it is WeaverSerawl on GameFAQs. Chrom was apparently the character referred to as "Old Man".

I completely agree with you, though. As I've said before in this thread, I have no earthly idea why we're putting even the smallest amount of stock in any of these leaks. Especially the riddle leak, being that there was nothing in the leak that lended it any credibility whatsoever. And honestly, how many correct Smash leaks have there been in the past? Not many. And if memory serves me right, the leaks that were real didn't come until the games were nearly released. So I'm not banking on any leak to tell us what we want to know. Not anytime soon anyway.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm trying to find the source, but someone even posted about it here. The user who supposedly made it is WeaverSerawl on GameFAQs. Chrom was apparently the character referred to as "Old Man".

I completely agree with you, though. As I've said before in this thread, I have no earthly idea why we're putting even the smallest amount of stock in any of these leaks. Especially the riddle leak, being that there was nothing in the leak that lended it any credibility whatsoever. And honestly, how many correct Smash leaks have there been in the past? Not many. And if memory serves me right, the leaks that were real didn't come until the games were nearly released. So I'm not banking on any leak to tell us what we want to know. Not anytime soon anyway.
Thinking about it, how do you prove the person is the creator of the leak. It was leaked anonymously, right? Anyone can come out and say they created the leak and it's fake.

During Pokemon Generation 6 someone came out and said they created the faked picture of Greninja. It turned out to be a real leaked image of Greninja. That's the time I remember the most but ALL leaks that get big will have someone come out and say they made it

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
You mean Kaptain K Rool?

Pushdustin's observations from Sourcegaming and other anecdotal observations of Japanese fan community actually suggests K. Rool is popular there too. In fact, he is one of the most popular characters there, period. That K. Rool is just 1 character is known there too. It's actually mentioned as a mistake in his Wikipedia profile in Japanese! It's just an error introduced by Smash Bros Brawl. The error isn't even consistent with the other trophies in Smash Bros Brawl. Wrinkly's for example states that "King K. Rool" was one of her students, suggesting both K. Rools are the same person.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pushdustin's observations from Sourcegaming and other anecdotal observations of Japanese fan community actually suggests K. Rool is popular there too. In fact, he is one of the most popular characters there, period. That K. Rool is just 1 character is known there too. It's actually mentioned as a mistake in his Wikipedia profile in Japanese! It's just an error introduced by Smash Bros Brawl. The error isn't even consistent with the other trophies in Smash Bros Brawl. Wrinkly's for example states that "King K. Rool" was one of her students, suggesting both K. Rools are the same person.
I know, even when Ridley was revealed the Japanese reaction was like "Yeah, that's cool and all but where is K Rool"

But during Brawl people used to argue that the Japanese dislike K Rool

Top Bottom