• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
While I don't believe the July 22 leak is real, there is a bit more going for it than you may think. The Funko Pops and Mario Kart DLC were all accurately predicted before either of those were announced in any capacity. Also, it would make sense for Nintendo to do a big presentation because their stock dropped considerably after E3. Putting together a small presentation with a lot of brand new information would be enough to give them a lot of positive buzz.
While I do understand what you're saying, respectfully, I think you're giving the leak too much credit. Predicting more Mario Kart DLC is not that outlandish. My brother and I thought there would be more DLC ever since Deluxe came out. And even then, I think it's more likely that this person guessed right at that and the Funko Pops than it is that all those titles are coming to the Switch and are being announced in a single direct.

Also, the stock was dropping before the E3 presentation, so by that logic, it actually would've made even more sense for some of these games to be E3 announcements. If I'm not mistaken, Nintendo's stock hit its lowest point in quite some time before E3.

Now, there's a lot of farfetched statements in the leak. I think the person who wrote it up probably knew some things via other leaks (like the Mario Kart stuff) and decided to add his own wishlist of items to make it sound more exciting. But people don't think it's possible JUST because K. Rool is part of it. This is the first fake leak, ironically, that has actually a decent amount going for it, despite sounding like a gigantic wishlist of things everyone would be happy about. So we'll see when July 22 rolls around and notice that there's nothing there, but it is probably, ironically, the best leak since Vergeben's in terms of accurate information.
I'd like to clarify; I'm not insinuating that people think the leak is real simply because it includes King K. Rool. What I am saying, is that I feel that a lot of people are looking harder for validation, latching on to any piece of evidence that helps validate the leak, because it would produce the outcome that we're hoping for. I know that naturally, anytime I see a leak that includes King K. Rool, I try to look for other reasons as to why the leak may be valid. Because naturally, I want that leak to be true. On the flip side, when I see a leak that DOESN'T include King K. Rool, I try to look for reasons as to why the leak is most likely fake. I feel like we all naturally do this to an extent as people. It's hard to look at something objectively when it's going in the direction you want it to. I personally feel that under other circumstances, if this leak stated everything that it currently does EXCEPT for King K. Rool, most of us here wouldn't buy into it as much as we are now. Trust me though, I would be absolutely thrilled if this came to fruition. I just believe that under different conditions, we would be a little more reserved.

Last edited:

Jimmy42893

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jimmy42893
Source/context? I generally assume all "leaks" - especially blurry image leaks - are fake, but I still like to know where they're coming from. (As for this one, the icon looks suspiciously like his Smash 4 trophy. Also, it kind of looks like there's a period after the "K" in "KING." Like it looks to me like it says "K.ING K. ROOL.")

StormC

Smash Hero
Sakurai and his team didn’t go through all the trouble of rebuilding K. Rool’s classic design to just use the Paon design in his playable debut.

Also yeah I’m pretty sure it’s just his 4 trophy.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Yea, that's fake same EXACT model as his Smash 4 trophy.. they didn't even try. Not to mention that I feel that after the Mii costume he would lean more towards his Rare design than his PAON design..

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Obvious fake is obvious. No worries though, I still think we'll see K. Rool eventually.

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
The easiest way to tell something is fake is if it doesn't show an actual clear image of the subject matter at hand. Unless its a clear shot of K.rool doing something in smash, 99% of the time is fake. If this was truly a 1 on 1 against Inkling there would be no reason not just to take a shot of the whole screen and show off K.Rool.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Yea safe bet but he still got another right anyway

Basically at this point I'll be shocked at this point if Simon ends up in a gemusatu scenario

And hey at least 6 more characters
He actually lost credibility here. He claimed that he had a source that said all season 1 dlc of DBFZ would be available by July. The base forms will be released in August. I'd still look at Vergeben as a cautious source, as he's said many wrong things to go along with all he got right.

Also, just giving my support for the king/kaptain. I'm pretty satisfied with the roster, but K.Rool would be a nice cherry on top.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He actually lost credibility here. He claimed that he had a source that said all season 1 dlc of DBFZ would be available by July. The base forms will be released in August. I'd still look at Vergeben as a cautious source, as he's said many wrong things to go along with all he got right.

Also, just giving my support for the king/kaptain. I'm pretty satisfied with the roster, but K.Rool would be a nice cherry on top.

Welcome aboard the Gangplank Galleon!

And yeah, I can see the reasons why that leak is fake.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I feel like the Simon info may have been a case of whoever his source simply being wrong.... there was some sort of apparent Konami collection coming to switch that would include Castlvania or a Castlevania collection I think that supposedly seen at E3 to back up the Simon claim.. but we saw nothing, now unless it's a game we will see in a future direct I'm starting to doubt the Simon part of the leak. For all we know Simon could be an assist trophy. The way ATs work in this game IF someone saw a Simon assist quickly in some footage getting K.O.d it's possible they could have thought it was a playable character. Or Simon isn't in it.... not seeing him at E3 certainly makes it questionable.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, not to mention I think Cooler and 17 are still yet to be revealed as the final two in the pack, and who knows when they'll get released.

Vergeben has always been hit or miss from what I've heard. He could be right about everything except Simon, or only right about Simon. No way of knowing for sure. Hopefully we get a character reveal in August or I'm going to be concerned about the amount of remaining newcomers.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I've been clamouring for news for so long, i just want one new thing to show up on the website that isnt music, even if it's just an item or something

Luigi player

Smash Master
Vergeben has different sources, so just because some stuff is right doesn't mean everything is.
I still think he's most likely correct, so I believe him about Simon and a minimum of 6 newcomers (but I keep in mind that it could be wrong too - since I don't care about Simon (just Castlevania music would be nice though) it wouldn't really matter to me if it was fake; and I'm just hoping we do get some more characters, which could also makes sense since even 8 or so newcomers would less than we usually get).
He's also still adamant about Simon and recently (well maybe 1-2 weeks ago) said that he'll be coming.

Last edited:

GigaRidley

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0044-3298-5285
Switch FC
SW 7210-7639-6413
Hello! I used to follow this thread during Smash 4 DLC and I finally made an account. Now that Ridley is finally in, I decided to put all my support behind K. Rool's inclusion.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Btw i dont know if you guys know, but the Riddle leak was confirmed fake by the guy who posted it. "Old Man" was apparently Chrom

i was right about Prime Ribs being Ninten though!

the leaker is named WeaverSerawl

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Btw i dont know if you guys know, but the Riddle leak was confirmed fake by the guy who posted it. "Old Man" was apparently Chrom

i was right about Prime Ribs being Ninten though!

the leaker is named WeaverSerawl
Heh, I go to the same forum as that guy. He's definitely a troll.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
I just didn't like the gameplay of either Jungle Climber or King of Swing. I got bored of them quickly. I also didn't like the art style or soundtracks to either game. Maybe I suck at the swing from peg to peg thing which also hampered my enjoyment. But I couldn't get past the first world in either game. Barrel Blast is a guilty pleasure of mine I'll admit. I wouldn't classify the game as "fast-paced" the game always felt slow and easy even on the hardest difficulty to me. The controls also take some getting use to. But I did have a lot of fun with it even if it is considered by many one of the worst games Nintendo has made.
That's very unfortunate, because after the first world is where things start to pick up in Jungle Climber. The challenges get more creative, some of the better songs appear, the environments diversify, and it all leads up to the epic final boss battle. If you still have the game lying around, I would really recommend at least playing through the second world. As for King of Swing, you're not really missing much. It's pretty easy all-throughout and it's entirely skippable, but that won't stop me from giving it credit as a good two hour pastime.

As for Barrel Blast, the best thing I can compare it to is Smash coincidentally. Trying to play Barrel Blast like Mario Kart is like playing a Smash game for the first time as a kid and only using specials. You're missing half of the depth to the game. I find it fast-paced and aggressive because, during a race, you should be hitting, dodging, strategizing, and competing for advantages and the finish line. You want to do more than just pass your opponents; you want to cripple them and Barrel Blast gives you more tools to do that than a more casual racing game.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Imagine there's a new DK game with K. Rool as the villain. What rationale would you give K. Rool regarding wanting the banana horde?

At this point, his hatred of the Kongs is enough of a motive. But it's always interesting I think to fill in the holes from earlier games.

Personally, I thought it would be funny to make K. Rool want the bananas as a cure for his red eye. Every time he smashes a banana into his red eye, it shrinks back to the size of his normal eye. He just wants to be beautiful! Or less not-beautiful. But sadly, each banana's healing power only lasts a few seconds. So he needs tons and tons and tons. I always thought it was funny how some people say he's ugly. It could be played up as a gag by having mirrors, glasses, and other character's eyes "break" or shatter every time they saw his big red eye. Embrace the insult and make it yours.

At the end of the game, I'd have K. Rool embrace his red eye as a weapon. Don't look into it, Kongs. Even the ground breaks when he stares at it.

I thought about this since DK64. There's a cutscene after you beat armydillo where K. Rool's eye is zoomed in and focused on by the camera while he's talking to Armydillo. Armydillo ends up falling over and fainting.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Hadn't watched the one of us video in a long time and decided to watch it again. I'd honestly forgotten how great it was and how it's one of the things that helped me fall in love with the community of King K. Rool supporters. Damn, this Kroc deserves to be in already.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
That's very unfortunate, because after the first world is where things start to pick up in Jungle Climber. The challenges get more creative, some of the better songs appear, the environments diversify, and it all leads up to the epic final boss battle. If you still have the game lying around, I would really recommend at least playing through the second world. As for King of Swing, you're not really missing much. It's pretty easy all-throughout and it's entirely skippable, but that won't stop me from giving it credit as a good two hour pastime.

As for Barrel Blast, the best thing I can compare it to is Smash coincidentally. Trying to play Barrel Blast like Mario Kart is like playing a Smash game for the first time as a kid and only using specials. You're missing half of the depth to the game. I find it fast-paced and aggressive because, during a race, you should be hitting, dodging, strategizing, and competing for advantages and the finish line. You want to do more than just pass your opponents; you want to cripple them and Barrel Blast gives you more tools to do that than a more casual racing game.
I'm curious are there any music tracks from Jungle Climber you think could work in Smash? What are some of your favorite Jungle Climber songs? I know next to nothing about the soundtrack besides the first couple of levels being fairly generic. I'm honestly curious.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
If i were the president of Nintendo, I would 100% have a direct at SDCC. SDCC is the biggest convention in the world and if Nintendo is being a part of this, its the perfect time to announce some big news! It would be beyond stupid if nintendo didn't reveal anything. SDCC is the one place where you show case the biggest games/movies and t.v shows. It makes so much sense to have a direct on the 22nd to end it off.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
At this point, I'm starting to realize this leak was a lot more unrealistic than I expected, regardless of how much I wanted it. Still, I'd give the chances for a direct being announced within the next few days about 40%. It may not be everything we were told, or what we even want, but it still could happen.

I'm gonna be glued to the internet for the next 3 days looking to hear any news of a Direct lol

Top Bottom