• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

D

Deleted member

There really was never going to be a reveal, it was just a fun tournament for some players in Japan. The one on the 22nd I'm guessing is the same, thing. Well we can put this behind us now, time to just speculate again I guess.

D

Deleted member

how early on does nintendo announce a direct?
Nintendo Directs tend to be announced the day before they are broadcasted. (for instance a July 17 Direct would be announced in July 16) The only exception i can remember is the Smash Direct one that was announced on a Friday, but it was broadcasted on next week's Tuesday (4 days apart)

Last edited by a moderator:

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Nintendo Directs tend to be announced the day before they are broadcasted. (for instance a July 17 Direct would be announced in July 16) The only exception i can remember is the Smash Direct one that was announced on a Friday, but it was broadcasted on next week's Tuesday (4 days apart)
#JustGiveUsANewSmashBrosUltimateAnnoucementInJulyThatIsn'tSomethingWeAlreadyKnowAbout

I don't care what date Of July this takes place on this! Just please Nintendo and Sakurai! Give us some new information and stop revealing information we've already freaking seen in The E3 Nintendo Direct for Judas Merciful Sake (I beg you both)!

Especially after someone having a miserable week with nothing wonderful to look forward to!

Last edited:

Grolem11

Smash Rookie
It's not over yet. It's just another leak revealed to be fake. We can't completely assume the other leaks are fake until this month is over. If this month ends with no new information then at least we know that pretty much rules out the rest of the leaks. I still have a small glimmer of hope for this month. I just want the waiting torture to end :(

D

Deleted member

I won't give up ether, I doubt we get anything till later this year. But I'll keep waiting till, he's ether confirmed or de confirmed. 50/50 on his inclusion more so hoping he's in as my most wanted.

But I'll keep an eye out hoping the Gangplank Galleon, or our king blunderbuss in hand shows, up ready to steel some bananas and blast the smashers in the face someday.

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
Also even if K. Rool somehow doesn't make main roster, DLC is still definitely a great possibility for him.

I think we're kind of at the point in Smash's lifecycle that "relevancy" isn't that important anymore. We already have most of Nintendo's allstars and at this point fan demand seems to be way more important. I wouldn't give up until Nintendo themselves say "We have no more DLC characters," and based on how well the Switch is doing DLC may be a thing for years and years. If he somehow doesn't get into Smash 5 and we all give up, he may not even be in another Nintendo game. Showing our support is definitely important and not being vocal about our love of his character may cause him to fade from the spotlight forever.

So, don't be defeated whatever comes our way, we've already accomplished a lot for just being a fanbase on the internet (Mii costume, redesign, trademark, etc.). If it wasn't for our support none of those things may have even happened. So even if this leak is wrong or even if he isn't in the base game roster, giving up is not ideal. And we will all hopefully witness K. Rool's Finest Hour.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Finished Tropical Freeze just now. Am gonna agree with all those who said Frederick should've just been K.Rool instead. Even the goofiness is very much K.Rool-inspired. But well, it's old news now.

Question tho, how do I unlock Hard Mode? Do I need to unlock all hidden levels? Because I didn't unlock them all anymore ever since World 3 or so.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
This Smash Bros. is definitely less about relevancy than any previous Smash Bros. before it. It's more of a celebration of its own history as well as the history of Nintendo itself (If the redone stages are any indication). So, to me, signs like that only point to K. Rool having a greater chance, because relevancy was his biggest road block of all... And relevancy used to be a HUGE roadblock.

I'd be happy if K. Rool made it in, though I'd prefer Dixie, Cranky, or Funky, but I'm a big DK fan, and K. Rool would make me overjoyed. I was just never a huge fan of the character back in the day, and I wasn't as bothered by his removal over a decade ago as some other DK fans were. But sure, you can count me in as a supporter.

When it comes to characters feeling "likely" or "deserving", I think of three categories; Relevancy, popularity, and importance. Some characters share all three, those ones would have the best shot, but this time around... I don't think there are any potential newcomers that have them all, except maybe Spring Man or something, but I suppose a character could be too relevant to where it harms their chances too. K. Rool has popularity and importance covered, and he's very popular, and very important. Popularity would get like, a 10/10 (that Mii Fighter costume was proof they're listening too), his importance probably an 8/10 with him being the main villain of the DK series (just not the only villain), and relevance, oof, probably a 2/10 (that Mario Odyssey name drop sure was something, wasn't it... heh). And he's not exactly a "retro" character, so I wouldn't lump him in with the likes of G&W or Duck Hunt, characters that represent their own games or franchises. His chances seem good though, but, y'never know with this series. The ballot could be what gets him in, probably helped with Ridley, but also, Waluigi probably did well on the ballot too and that didn't work out for him (not to mention Waluigi isn't as important to the Mario series as K. Rool is to DK's)... So who knows. Nothing is guaranteed.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'd be happy if K. Rool made it in, though I'd prefer Dixie, Cranky, or Funky, but I'm a big DK fan, and K. Rool would make me overjoyed. I was just never a huge fan of the character back in the day, and I wasn't as bothered by his removal over a decade ago as some other DK fans were. But sure, you can count me in as a supporter.
As much as I want the majority of the Kong family in there (not just the three you mentioned), they do need their common nemesis to feel whole, so to speak.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
As much as I want the majority of the Kong family in there (not just the three you mentioned), they do need their common nemesis to feel whole, so to speak.
Ahem... we already have Cranky Kong's nemesis in the game. And I've been wanting the two of them to battle it out again for decades!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ahem... we already have Cranky Kong's nemesis in the game. And I've been wanting the two of them to battle it out again for decades!
Well, I meant aside from Mario, of course. ;) As far as I know, the other Kongs aside from Junior are on friendly terms with him.

Plus it would be uncannily funny to see Cranky run into his younger self on 75M.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Question tho, how do I unlock Hard Mode? Do I need to unlock all hidden levels? Because I didn't unlock them all anymore ever since World 3 or so.
Yep. Collect KONG letters in the levels-> Unlock the secret temple of every world and beat it -> Unlock the world 'Secret Seclusion' and clear it for Hard Mode. Extra: Dr. Chops figurine avaliable in the shop machine right after.
Hard Mode gameplay: clear every level again, bosses and temples included. Choose one Kong, one touch of life and no checkpoints. Letters and puzzle pieces in Hard Mode are not necessary for 200%.
Good luck, few concept arts awaits.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Sakurai comes up to you. He says they're making 5 new DK remixes for Smash Ultimate. As expected, however, 3 of those remixes are reserved for Jungle Hijinx.

It's your job to decide the rest. So choose 2 DK songs from any DK game that you want remixed in Smash Brothers. In addition to that, you should also pick 2 more songx from any DK game that you want included in their original form, without a remix. What do you pick?

For remixes, first, I would pick Aquatic Ambiance given how popular it is. I want to hear the "Bramble Blast" version of Aquatic Ambience. I think they did a good job with Bramble Blast so I'm curious what they could do taking a calmer song like Aquatic Ambience and translating it to Smash Brothers.
The second remix I'd pick would be Crocodile Cacophony to accompany K. Rool! One of the best boss songs in all of DK. Very catchy and would be interested in hearing a remix that updates the instrumentation.

For original un-remixed songs, I'd pick the song from the Lion King-like level from Tropical Freeze. Very memorable part of the game and I think the song works well unaltered. A burst of happiness. The second unremixed song I'd pick would be Hot Head Bop. Another song that I think is very memorable to DK fans. I also think it has a good enough beat to work in Smash Brothers without needing a remix.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Sakurai comes up to you. He says they're making 5 new DK remixes for Smash Ultimate. As expected, however, 3 of those remixes are reserved for Jungle Hijinx.

It's your job to decide the rest. So choose 2 DK songs from any DK game that you want remixed in Smash Brothers. In addition to that, you should also pick 2 more songx from any DK game that you want included in their original form, without a remix. What do you pick?

For remixes, first, I would pick Aquatic Ambiance given how popular it is. I want to hear the "Bramble Blast" version of Aquatic Ambience. I think they did a good job with Bramble Blast so I'm curious what they could do taking a calmer song like Aquatic Ambience and translating it to Smash Brothers.
The second remix I'd pick would be Crocodile Cacophony to accompany K. Rool! One of the best boss songs in all of DK. Very catchy and would be interested in hearing a remix that updates the instrumentation.

For original un-remixed songs, I'd pick the song from the Lion King-like level from Tropical Freeze. Very memorable part of the game and I think the song works well unaltered. A burst of happiness. The second unremixed song I'd pick would be Hot Head Bop. Another song that I think is very memorable to DK fans. I also think it has a good enough beat to work in Smash Brothers without needing a remix.
I think I'd have them remix Stickerbush Symphony again, as I don't like the Brawl remix. Follow that up with Aquatic Ambience.

For newer songs, I'd go for Homecoming Hijinx and High Tide Ride from Tropical Freeze.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I'd have Bayou Boogie remixed alongside Big Boss Blues. For the unaltered ones, Fear Factory and Stickerbush Symphony would do.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Hideout Helm for K. Rool (DK64's soundtrack doesn't get enough love, at least compared to the DKC trilogy or the Banjo games). And this is an out-there answer, but I'll throw in Ninjape Rally from Jungle Beat. Had that tune in my head for years after playing it

As for un-remixed, I'd pick Battle for Storm Hill and Gangplank Galleon.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
If I could have two remixes, I'd like to see Flight of the Zinger and DKC3 Stilt Village (SNES). For straight rips, I'd take Crocodile Cacophony (a remix would be great, but it's also good enough to work as is imo) and the DK Isle theme from DK64.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wasn't Diddy able to make jumps where it's necessary to cartwheel off the cliff and jump where Dixie can't because his goes further. Like, if there were zingers in the way and you had to go under rather than over

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman

Homecoming Hijinx is definitely one of my favorite songs in the entire franchise and I don't think it could be improved upon, so I'd have that unaltered, along with Scorch 'n' Torch, Hightide Ride, Seashore War, Swing Juice, Freezie Breezie, Deep Keep, Alpine Incline, Weighty Way, Falling Falls, Sun Sun Island, Boss 2 from DK: Jungle Climber, Rockface Rumble (SNES), Water World (SNES), or Crocodile Cacophony. All of those songs are perfect as they are.

As for remixes, I've always loved the melody of Army Dillo 2 from DK64, but I think it could use an update on a more powerful system. K. Rool's Acid Punk would probably be my second pick with honorable mentions being Hideout Helm, Arich Boss, Mill Fever (GBA), Snowy Pig Wings, Bayou Boogie, and Northern Hemispheres

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398

For the 2 remixes, I'd pick One of Us twice Crocodile Cacophony and honestly Cranky's Theme from DKC. Kaptain K. Rool's theme was awesome to me as a kid and I'd love to see it enhanced and even more battle friendly for Smash Bros. For Cranky's theme, I think it would be a fun song they could easily remix for Smash, whether for battle or for an options menu type thing. As for unremixed songs, I'd probably pick Scorch'n'Torch from Tropical Freeze and Battle for Storm Hill from Jungle Beat, though that may be cheating because it was in Brawl unremixed.

D

Deleted member

For the two remixes Forest Frenzy, and Steel Drum Rhumba, for the ones not remixed. Pufftop boss.

Last edited by a moderator:

TallT

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys it's been a while I've been lurking in this thread for a few months now and I wanted to say I still support K. Rool for Smash!

TallT

Smash Apprentice
Also, not sure if you guys saw this, but it looks like the support for K. Rool in Japan is still going strong. Japanese poll conducted by gaming website
They didn't say how many people participated but our guy is still looking good in 4th place.

1. Rex
2. Bandana Dee
3. Spring Man
4. King K. Rool
5. Sora

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Oh yeah I saw that. I was wondering, can one confirm what the questionnaire was about? The google translate suggests expected characters but the writeups also sound like they're for wanted characters. Maybe a japanese speaker can help sort out whether the survey was about, "characters you think will be in the game", "characters you want in the game", or a mixture of both?

Either way, great result for K. Rool. Last appeared in 2008. Last time in a "main game" in 1999. Still kicking butt.

Kremling Krewmate

Smash Rookie
Hey fellow K.Rool supporters! I used to post in this thread back during the Wii U/3DS days and wanted to say that my support for the King is now stronger than ever. With Ridley now in the roster, I feel confident that the dev team is really listening to the fans for Ultimate and that the King's chances are now better than ever. Long live the King!

SevenGameSet

Smash Apprentice
Been wanting our crocodile overlord for over a decade now and I never really showed my support, What's wrong with me? Let's get the big guy in Smash this time.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
1. Rex
2. Bandana Dee
3. Spring Man
4. King K. Rool
5. Sora
And in this list....when 2015 was the year they decide for a character.. Only Bandana and K.Rool are good choice.

Rex and SpingyBoy was too new and Sora is a character and i dont think we will get in smash..

Kingdom Hearts is only on 3ds ( On Nintendo platform) and old....and Cloud is a better square enix rep sorry for Sora fan, and it seems they are A LOT )

Vive le Roi! K.ROOL

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Also, not sure if you guys saw this, but it looks like the support for K. Rool in Japan is still going strong. Japanese poll conducted by gaming website
They didn't say how many people participated but our guy is still looking good in 4th place.

1. Rex
2. Bandana Dee
3. Spring Man
4. King K. Rool
5. Sora
Excellent that means the japans most wanted king k rool is still relevant

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
So, with Nintendo going to Comic con and showing off Ultimate, how likely do you think a reveal is there?

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608

For Remixes I want Forest Interlude (DKC2) and Crocodile Cacophony.
Punch Bowl and Wing Ding (both DKCTF) for original ones!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Seashore War

Grassland Groove

Aquaduct Assault

Frantic Fields

And this one is obligationary, the "main theme" if you will: Homecoming Hijinx

Top Bottom