• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Love it. I take it most of you have seen this?

DK's voice actor actually has a really great singing voice?

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The thing with Diddy is that his Jetpack is a strictly inferior version of Dixie's hair as it has no vertical lift. By comparison Dixie can glide in Diddys trajectory by letting go after a partial hover and holding again.

Dixie's hair isn't as good an underwater propeller as Diddys Jetpack though - that's his niche, as a time trial companion on water levels.

Cranky is very much a time trials character. His pogo bounces higher than a normal jump without slowing him down like Dixie's hovering, which makes him very quicker albeit much harder to control.
I don't really think Diddy is inferior. Because it feels like Diddy's Jetpack doesn't make you lose momentum as much as Dixie's Helicopter Spin. So that's why I hugely prefer Diddy. Outside of liking the character better, and from my experience from DKCR on Wii.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I don't really think Diddy is inferior. Because it feels like Diddy's Jetpack doesn't make you lose momentum as much as Dixie's Helicopter Spin. So that's why I hugely prefer Diddy. Outside of liking the character better, and from my experience from DKCR on Wii.
I see what you're saying - I just can't think of a single situation where Diddy can make a jump but Dixie can't. However, the converse is definitely not true.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
A collector from Japan recently posted images of scans of a Mario manga that includes a DKC crossover.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

The Twitter thread with the relevant tweets is above. However, since the images are upside down, it may be hard to look at them. So I turned them around to make it easier.

Check out the other images here.

https://imgur.com/a/m6h7xgL

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think that if Kirby copies K. Rool, he'll just take the crown. It looks different enough so that you won't confuse it with Peach's crown.

MetroLSD

Smash Apprentice
A collector from Japan recently posted images of scans of a Mario manga that includes a DKC crossover.

The Twitter thread with the relevant tweets is above. However, since the images are upside down, it may be hard to look at them. So I turned them around to make it easier.

These are old I believe, their from issue 14-15 of Super Mario Kun which adapted the events of DKC and DKL with Mario involved

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
King K Rool is the only character I am 100% certain is in this game. Sakurai is unpredictable, but after adding Ridley due to fan demand it would be extremely weird to have no K Rool. He has as much if not more support than Ridley and even got a Mii costume (most likely due to fan outcry). After so many years of support, King K Rool fully deserves a spot on the roster. I support.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman

Why are Diddy and Dixie stoned in this?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
King K Rool is the only character I am 100% certain is in this game. Sakurai is unpredictable, but after adding Ridley due to fan demand it would be extremely weird to have no K Rool. He has as much if not more support than Ridley and even got a Mii costume (most likely due to fan outcry). After so many years of support, King K Rool fully deserves a spot on the roster. I support.

Welcome aboard!

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Do you think we'll get a direct this month?
Unless the 22nd leak is true, I don't see it.

Assuming we don't get anything in July, I think it's safe to say they're saving most of the reveals for later, as Trinen implied. I'm gonna guess late August at the earliest, but most likely in the September-October range.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm a little nervous about the Ultimate stream. Should I be?
I don't think there is any need to be. I don't think they will reveal something, and if there is a reveal, and it isn't K. Rool, there is always another time.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Honestly I wouldn’t expect King. K to be revealed for the tournament this week, I reckon Geno or Ashley would be.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
There's some tournaments with the demo around the world, I've seen some matches from Japan or France, this one shouldn't be special, there's no strong reason for expecting something, just relax and enjoy the fights.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Should be fun watching the stream. TCRhade don't worry, we'll find out the Kong's fate, eventually. Till then let's just enjoy what we get and the news will come eventually. Enjoy the stream Kremlings.

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
I don't expect any announcements, as gameplay will be enough to get me hyped. If we do get one, it would be very surprising.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I see what you're saying - I just can't think of a single situation where Diddy can make a jump but Dixie can't. However, the converse is definitely not true.
Just remember, Dixie has always been "Easy Mode" the character.

I like momentum more than safety lol :ultdiddy:

And in a way, it would be a very great way to translate over Dixie's character to Smash. Even if she'd be a semi-clone of Diddy, she wouldn't be as combo-based, have a far more save recovery, and her grab game isn't meant for combos, more for finishing opponents off. Plus some spacing stuff instead of Diddy's style of finding an opening and exploiting it.

In a way, you can compare them a lot to Fox and Falco. Their dynamics are also greatly different.

Anyway, Tropical Freeze is a great game. However I think Retro could have just as well made this a game focussed around Kremlings. Many enemies give me a Rare-vibe, like the puffer fish enemy being Puftup, Waldough gives me Klump / Krusha vibes, Walbrick could be Koin, Fluff the jumping Kritters from DKC1 and DKC2, and all other basic enemies could also be replaced with regular Kritters. Even Lord Frederick feels heavily inspired by King K.Rool. And since they kinda use Tiki-expies in Tropical Freeze as well, I kinda hope that if Retro decides on using Kremlings next time, they could base them of these enemies I mentoined, or having similar attack patterns.

Besides, I also kind of expected more ice-based levels. And 6 worlds is actually really, really short.

Top Bottom