• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
On the topic of let's plays...Super Beard Bros recently played through DKC3. Jirard is a huge fan of DK, and had previously never played 3, but they play through and complete the game. It's funny and light, and they talk about what they enjoy while keeping a critical distance. I'd definitely recommend their playthrough if you're into that kind of thing.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Pfft whatever I'll take any official event with Smash Bros. Ultimate footage over any fake leak with "guess what character Im thinking" shenanigans.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I support King K. Rool! He’s been most wanted character for years along with Dixie and Banjo!

D

Deleted member

Is it wrong that I'm stalking the Smash Blog tonight? XD
No believe me, every time a new day, arrives I'm always hoping I see that bloodshot eye, and green crocodile king. We just got to hold out hope a little, longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
We will get to new stuff eventually

This happens when smashes are revealed a big drought of no new info it later

But I'm sure we will get atleast 1 character a month

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
i wish they just showed gangplank galleon as a new stage on the smash blog. That would get me excited at least lol

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I think this month will really determine what we're in for as far as pre-release info goes.

If we get a newcomer reveal this month, whether it's this event here, later in the month, or on the last few hours of the 9th in the US (lul), then it's a pretty safe assumption we'll be getting a reveal every month for the most part. But if by the end of July we haven't gotten any word, I think it'll be clear they're holding back, and we'll just have to wait for a Direct or other livestream probably in September-October.

After March's teaser we all thought we were getting info in April or May but we ended up waiting all the way until E3. I have a feeling, especially if we don't hear anything soon, we might be in a similar situation here.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I think King K. Rool will be one of the last characters announced, to give one last push for the game. (Since he’s pretty much they most wanted character now)

D

Deleted member

Ether we're not getting one today or they'll post it later. Wouldn't worry about it, They usually post from Monday to Friday. But the following Monday after E3 week there was no post. So sometimes we might get something sometimes we won't. But that's just a guess we'll see soon enough. I wouldn't hold hope for anything, I wish but... Seriously doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Sigh deep down if only this was true. Well whenever the update or lack therefore off comes. I'll check we'll see.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never finished my K Rool edit BTW

But I think it might be a good idea to post what I did

Because I'm not sure if I have the time to get back to it.

K Rool.jpg

It's not that much different anyway

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
It seems to be taking a long time for today's update to be posted.....
Is there a usual time they get posted by?

I'll admit... my interest is piqued even if I don't believe the leak ha ha...

I don't know if they'd reveal a character this way though... no warning or anything

Last edited:

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
I would be a touch upset. Happy that K.Rool is in the game. But really with how much it seems people want him in, I would prefer a big build up to him like Ridley got. The two are almost brothers when it comes to Smash. I can only see K.Rool getting announced during some kind of Direct.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I know in Brawl they revealed new characters out of directs

I didn't notice Smash 4 had them all in directs

They could be going back to the Brawl way

Even Sonic was revealed on a normal day

Last edited:

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
I would be a touch upset. Happy that K.Rool is in the game. But really with how much it seems people want him in, I would prefer a big build up to him like Ridley got. The two are almost brothers when it comes to Smash. I can only see K.Rool getting announced during some kind of Direct.
Seriously, this. I don't like the idea of King K. Rool just randomly being shown on the website on a random day and just leaving it at that. I think it was fine for the Brawl days, but now I feel like K. Rool deserves a great trailer shown in a direct or something.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was going through the other languages in case one got update early

And some of them don't even have the Marth update

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I know in Brawl they revealed new characters out of directs

I didn't notice Smash 4 had them all in directs

They could be going back to the Brawl way

Even Sonic was revealed on a normal day
Yep. I remember that. Sonic was my most wanted in Brawl at first. He was announced on my birthday, which was awesome. However, the game was also delayed on that same day... So, not always good news.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was actually a little disappointed with that Sonic update

Because while I really wanted Sonic in the game, and glad he made it

The Sonic update was leaked and when I saw it, it wasn't a surprise.

And not being surprised disappointed me a little.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I never finished my K Rool edit BTW

But I think it might be a good idea to post what I did

Because I'm not sure if I have the time to get back to it.

It's not that much different anyway

Good attempt but it's like putting lipstick on a Rockkroc. Underneath it all, it will still chase you if nobody has pressed the STOP barrel.

Darker skin and golden belly cannot take the the frog out of Paon K. Rool.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I was actually a little disappointed with that Sonic update

Because while I really wanted Sonic in the game, and glad he made it

The Sonic update was leaked and when I saw it, it wasn't a surprise.

And not being surprised disappointed me a little.
I basically was just a lurker on Smashboards during his announcement. After that, I signed up in November for an account to support Geno, mainly. Never saw the leak or anything about him. But I do remember pouring through that old Rumors and Leaks Thread during the Brawl days.

After seeing all the K. Rool support back then, I decided that I would support the reptile this time. Hope he gets in!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Honestly K. Rools reveal could be the most underwhelming thing and I could give a damn. I just want him in lmao..

Besides you know it would be hyped anyway it would be shared all over the internet I'm seconds. Plus it would be hyped for Japan who really wants him too and they'd all see it right away

Last edited:

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Yep. I remember that. Sonic was my most wanted in Brawl at first. He was announced on my birthday, which was awesome. However, the game was also delayed on that same day... So, not always good news.
Same here. He was my most requested character for Brawl. I remember so many people telling me it wouldn't happen. Oh boy am I glad they were wrong.

I remember I used to check the Dojo every morning before going to school, but on that day I wasn't able to check it. It was the one day I never got to see the update before going to school. Then after my math class I asked to use the computer to check the update and then I saw sonic. I lost my ****! Right after I literally ran all over the school and did not get in trouble for it. I was super hyped! That was definitely one of the happiest days of my life. Ever since then I've become a dedicated Sonic main.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I guess there is not going to be a 7/9 update.

How many places are left in the world are still in 7/9?

That rumor picked a funny date. A date where there was no update

Edit: And Japan's 7/9 update was just Marth

Edit 2: What other characters were even on that rumor? I'm not sure that was one I liked anyway

Last edited:

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Same here. He was my most requested character for Brawl. I remember so many people telling me it wouldn't happen. Oh boy am I glad they were wrong.

I remember I used to check the Dojo every morning before going to school, but on that day I wasn't able to check it. It was the one day I never got to see the update before going to school. Then after my math class I asked to use the computer to check the update and then I saw sonic. I lost my ****! Right after I literally ran all over the school and did not get in trouble for it. I was super hyped! That was definitely one of the happiest days of my life. Ever since then I've become a dedicated Sonic main.
Yeah, it was awesome. It was on my birthday as well, so I was already hyped. I was a freshman in college at the time. Skipped every class and played Melee with everyone all day on that day. Good times. Also, called my best friend who was in a Speech class. He was not happy that I called to tell him about a Super Smash Bros. update. lol. Still, good times.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Is it wrong that I'm stalking the Smash Blog tonight? XD
It still hasn't updated. Hmmmmmmmmm.

I guess there is not going to be a 7/9 update.

How many places are left in the world are still in 7/9?

That rumor picked a funny date. A date where there was no update

Edit: And Japan's 7/9 update was just Marth

Edit 2: What other characters were even on that rumor? I'm not sure that was one I liked anyway
Because Japan is a day ahead. Like here in Australia yesterday's update was Marth and was on 9th July.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I think what makes Rare K. Rool different is his eyes, which never look in any directions other than straight. Paon K. Rool can look in other directions.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Oh so last night out of boredom I looked at all the heights of big characters as best I could through YouTube videos...

Ganondorf is still the tallest, Bowser is even with him if you count the hair on his model which comes to a higher point than Ganondorf so if you count his hair he's taller by a smidge. Donkey Kong''s eye level is at Ganondorfs mid section just about. The top of his hair comes to about Ganondorfs chin, Ridley is the shortest large character he's even smaller than DK (granted he's hunched over) I get when he taunts he's clearly the largest character but he never looks that way. Either way I see K. Rool being Bowsers height and the crown adding a bit more too him. That would make him on par with Ganondorf and Bowser in height and make DK seem a bit smaller by comparison. I couldnt find any matches of DK vs Bowser which is what I really wanted. DK just seems smaller to me in this game, he may not be but his model gives the look that he was downsized or maybe im just seeing things...

If he was downsized it's possible they could have done it to make K. Rool seem a bit bigger. Even if that isn't the case the size is again irrelevant, Samus currently stands taller than Ridley does when he's not taunting and even when he does she's chest high to him.. I can sort of see what Sakurai had been saying about the size thing... it's still a bad excuse because look at Pikachu compared to Pokemon trainer ha ha still though..

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I dont like the idea that fans thinks that Geno and K Rool will be the only retro characters in the roster the reason I dont see them them that way. I see see K Rool and Geno as fan services not retro picks c mon they aint that old we know what SM RPG or DKC Trilogy. I see retro reps like Lip Mach Rider Urban Champion Starman and Ayumi. Geno and K Rool will be the retro reps for the next smash game I dont look at them like that. And I know Geno and K Rool are old characters I get why people will say that but they will take the retro slot that part I dont like. I really want Geno and K Rool in smash bros not hatting,

D

Deleted member

Well it was Kirby not K. Rool yet just got to hold hope, a little while longer and hang tight.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Well it's official, the July 9 leak is fake. But there's still the other one, that just says 'July' with no date. The King and Ponytail one. There's still hope, no matter how slim. :)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
*sees title*

OH NO!

THE MUSIC OF MY CHILD SELF'S NIGHTMARES!

Top Bottom