• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Charizard is not the only one who lost a special final Smash.

Donkey Kong and Little Mac have the same Final Smash now

So do Bowser and Pit
True, but none of those are Pokemon, and otherwise Zard X wouldn't be featured (probably) so it could be likely they'd do that to keep it around. Again, just a hypothetical, but I can see why it'd be a different case. Giga Mac and Giga Bowser are still *there*.

CrimsonFireWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrimsonFireWolf
3DS FC
0490-5298-4357
Switch FC
5802 6387 3309
I say he would be like a heavyset Runner he be the fastest heavy character more of a rushing linebacker type of fighting character with projectile weapons based around the second game of the Donkey Kong Country series

Last edited:

Luigi player

Smash Master
that first leak posted seems fake not just bc of the announcer but they mention inklingshaving slow movement + being faster in ink. that's not true unless i somehow missed that?

the other one with the amiibo looks really fake.
k rool and dixie are the last newcomers? yeah right. as a dk fan i know well enough that this is ultra unlikely.
And some of the echos are really weird. ninten? yeah right.
a charizard x/y wouldn't be an echo if his downb is different, but i guess it could theoretically be possible we'd get such a clone.

it just looks super unlikely.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
that first leak posted seems fake not just bc of the announcer but they mention inklingshaving slow movement + being faster in ink. that's not true unless i somehow missed that?

k rool and dixie are the last newcomers? yeah right. as a dk fan i know well enough that this i ultra unlikely.
Andsome of the echos are really weird. ninten? yeah right.
a charizard x/y wouldn't be an echo if his downb is different, but i guess it could theoretically be possible we'd get such a clone.

They do move faster on Ink

Other characters are also slower

Edit: Well, I know other characters are slowed. I actually can't find a source that says they are faster.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
They do move faster on Ink

Other characters are also slower

Edit: Well, I know other characters are slowed. I actually can't find a source that says they are faster.
Based on what I learned from ZeRo's video covering all the trailers, and all the footage I watched, Inklings move fast while they have full ink, not specifically walking on their own.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IDK why I thought that was true. I even made a joke earlier today how they reminded me of Zerg units traveling on their ink, which marks their territory, like Zerg on creep.

Zerg get a movement bonus on creep

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool in general doesn't get enough recognition, at least in the wide scope of things. It's part of what makes him getting into Smash feel even more important.
That's definitely true. It's important we bring him back into the spotlight. Hopefully with his appearance in Ultimate (if that happens) he managed to return in the mainline DKC games again. It hasn't been the same without him or his kremling army.

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
First leak was pre E3.
I really don't believe it at all, alwready flase things like you mentionned.
He just piggy backed Vergeben, with some guesses on popular characters without taking risks (not sure if they are playable).

I'd hope the second was true, but the "I work in amiibo factory thing" is a big pill to swallow, considering those things are probably being made in China or something.

StormC

Smash Hero
Vergeben staked his reputation on Ridley being on the game and stuck with it for months when we knew almost nothing about it. Big props for that.

EdwardSponge

Smash Apprentice
Dang that looks exactly like the Gangplank Galleon. If I were too see it and the actual ship side by side when you face King K. Rool, in Donkey Kong Country I say that is spot on. Aniversary Galleon? Eh? I take it, creative no accepting of it yes. It's fake but dang not bad. 20 years huh? Hopefully not for much longer till he returns.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1999_anniversary_galleon_nddk642.png

I miss K Rool so much.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
If we're talking leaks, this is one that I find to be believable.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/421409818/
If you look at the thread, some people mention that Charizard X/Y could be a simple echo for Charizard to commemorate it being a standalone fighter in the last game. Plus with how TPC/GameFreak are with Pokemon, it's by far one of the better 'leaks' posted. Reminder at how long it took to get the final amiibo for Smash.
You know what.... that leak is just disappointing enough to be true.... I mean none of us will be because K. Rool and Dixie are there but man.... Charizard getting in as his standalone alongside his PT version ha ha Incinaroar... dude.. that's a lot of Pokemon... all those characters are believable echos..

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Lack of a Simon Belmont Amiibo makes me doubt this leak. Hope it's true though!

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

k rool and dixie are the last newcomers? yeah right. as a dk fan i know well enough that this i ultra unlikely.
Andsome of the echos are really weird. ninten? yeah right.

Where's this "leak" at? I wanna see it.

Also, in all actuality.. I'd love a Charizard X Echo for Charizard. It seems fitting and a good way to represent Charizard's full playable solo role in Smash 4, which I will kinda miss.

"Everyone is here!" is great and all, but Charizard mains lost a thing here. And they already weren't blessed with a lot... Well, except for Dragon Rush, but that's Forbidden Content.
I say he would be like a heavyset Runner he be the fastest heavy character more of a rushing linebacker type of fighting character with projectile weapons based around the second game of the Donkey Kong Country series
No. Donkey Kong himself should remain the fastest heavy weight. Or Ike, as he also seems to count as one.

King K.Rool should be relatively fast, but not a speedster by any sort of means. His gut won't allow for such antics.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I guess I'm the only one here who thinks Ninten as an echo makes a lot of sense.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I guess I'm the only one here who thinks Ninten as an echo makes a lot of sense.
It does, honestly.

But I much rather have different Echoes. Chrom for example, Impa, thanks to this "leak" I also want Charizard X, Galactia Knight and Funky Kong.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It does, honestly.

But I much rather have different Echoes. Chrom for example, Impa, thanks to this "leak" I also want Charizard X, Galactia Knight and Funky Kong.
Ness and Lucas got their friends in their FS', we've got like 4 Earthbound stages now. From a completion standpoint having all 3 protagonists of the Mother games just makes total sense and Ninten fits perfectly as an echo.

The thing with Charizard echo is weird though because shouldn't he have been announced under the 'everybody is here' trailer?

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
If we're talking leaks, this is one that I find to be believable.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/421409818/
If you look at the thread, some people mention that Charizard X/Y could be a simple echo for Charizard to commemorate it being a standalone fighter in the last game. Plus with how TPC/GameFreak are with Pokemon, it's by far one of the better 'leaks' posted. Reminder at how long it took to get the final amiibo for Smash.
While I think this guy is blowing smoke out of his ass (Really Charizard seperate along with Pokemon Trainer amiibo and Ninten?) I REALLY want a Wolf, Pichu, Ice Climbers, Ridley (already confirmed), K.Rool, Dixie Kong, and Dark Samus amiibo. Once I get those characters I'll be finished with amiibo collecting.

Last edited:

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
Yea ok the newcomers on the Ammibo leak things make sense...but would see really start preproduction so early ?
(I'd be in heaven with this list).

Last edited:

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Because Charizard gets everything. 2 extremely powerful megas. Gets in all the spin offs. Gets in Smash.

There are OTHER pokemon Nintendo
Blame that one GameFreak, not Nintendo. TPC are the ones who have the final say on anything Pokemon related (Notice Pikachu's ears in Four). If they want Charizard to have both its megas, it's going to get both its megas. Why do you think the Pokemon amiibo are imcompatable with most of the amiibo-related games? Sakurai gets to pick what Pokemon he thinks would work (Greninja) but outside that, the rest is on GameFreak/TPC.

Also, Ninten is an easy Echo to make. Going by that list, Daisy with the others imply that could be the exact case. I'm gunning for Paula as an echo myself. And no, being in Ness' Final Smash doesn't deconfirm her.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Guys who is niten ?
Another Mother protagonist who looks exactly like Ness with his hat the other way.

This leak is BS. Besides, it'd make sense for them to rerealease ALL of the amiibo since they all have different character art, and I'd expect that Squirtle and Ivysaur will probably get their own too (or hope at least)

D

Deleted member

I just looked at the leak again and realized there's no third-party newcomer.
It's definitely fake, nothing to see here folks.

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
Ok I've looked on the wiki for Ninten, and all I found was Ness.
But nope, that was indeed Ninten, just a Ness clone, how lame.

What about Incineora ?
I have no idea what it can be.

Edit:

ok just found i, it is Incineroar .
I'm not really into Pokemon, but I've never heard of this one as fan favorite for Smash.
The pick seems a bit random no ? Is it a popular Pokemon ?
All we are hearing is decidueye and Mimikyu.

Last edited:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace

Also, in all actuality.. I'd love a Charizard X Echo for Charizard. It seems fitting and a good way to represent Charizard's full playable solo role in Smash 4, which I will kinda miss.

"Everyone is here!" is great and all, but Charizard mains lost a thing here. And they already weren't blessed with a lot... Well, except for Dragon Rush, but that's Forbidden Content.

No. Donkey Kong himself should remain the fastest heavy weight. Or Ike, as he also seems to count as one.

King K.Rool should be relatively fast, but not a speedster by any sort of means. His gut won't allow for such antics.
The leak is here if you want to see for yourself.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/8md4b4/super_smash_bros_for_switch_leaks_characters/

i'm just glad we're seeing K Rools names on these leaks. Back then we barely got much

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
i'm just glad we're seeing K Rools names on these leaks. Back then we barely got much
In my head it's the contrary- if leaks tend to be fake and I see someone I want on a leak that doesn't have a built reputation then it kills the dream a bit for me.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Alright, I'm on board with both K.Rool and Dixie this time
It's hard.
I would die of happiness if K. Rool finally would be playable. He has been my most wanted since Pre-Brawl.
Still ... Dixie not being in the game would be so WRONG. Also, I'd rather have unique Dixie/Semi-Clone Dixie over an Echo, or else I'd don't want it.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Very true. Obviously, the "my dad works at Nintendo" nature of it, and the fact that it's a 4chan leak, and a leak in general with no reputable source, makes it dubious, but there's nothing that flat-out disconfirms it.

I'll put it in the "eh, it could happen" pile.

I'm mostly just happy to see our big green boi actually getting leak attention this time.
Screw newcomers

Getting Mega Zard X or Y as an Echo (standalone, not attached to Trainer) would be my number 1 most wanted character in all of Smash oh god I'd be so happy!

Also nothing would piss me off more than having 2 Charizards on the roster

Nothing would make me happier. Losing Solo Charizard was the only downside to an otherwise amazing, feel good Smash entry.

Let us have this, damnit. So sick of "Charizard is overrated" thing. This is about his identity as a fighter in Smash, which was taken away by being roped back into Pokemon Trainer, losing Rock Smash, losing his Final Smash, and his place on the CSS. Not to mention even without Stamina there's still forced switching on KO.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master

Thanks, Diddy. As a diehard Charizard main in Smash 4, i'd kill for a Charizard echo, whether he's Mega X or Y or whatever. Pokemon Trainer returning was a huge blow for me, despite how amazing the rest of it was. Solo Zard, in any form, would be a dream.

D

Deleted member

More leaks eh? Interesting King K. Rool is half if them. Don 't know how true half of them are. But least his gnarliness is in some.

StormC

Smash Hero
I just looked at the leak again and realized there's no third-party newcomer.
It's definitely fake, nothing to see here folks.
I can see a scenario where there is no third party newcomer in this game. If they didn't choose to reveal one at E3 then I don't think there's a "big" one up their sleeve.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I can see a scenario where there is no third party newcomer in this game. If they didn't choose to reveal one at E3 then I don't think there's a "big" one up their sleeve.
We do already have likes seven third party characters

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Personally I think Ridley and every Smash veteran was a bigger announcement than a 3rd party guest would be so I could actually see them saving one for later.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Let's have some fun and blow the whole "Herp, if you think the costume makes K. Rool likely, you must also think [insert character here] is a shoo-in!" song and dance out of the water.

Warning, pretty massive image ahead:

This is a comparison of every first party DLC Mii costume with the base from which they were modeled, mostly from Smash with one or two from outside. I do want to emphasize that this is intended strictly to demonstrate the -bases-, as clearly not every costume's proportions and textures are 1:1 translations from the source model. Stuff like Black Knight clearly got upgraded and sized up, while Ashley and Takamaru got great new textures too (that I'm curious to see compared to the latter's AT model in Ultimate once higher-quality footage comes out).

This also does omit third party characters, whose situations vary a good amount. The Mega Man character costumes were largely pulled from the characters who appear in Mega Man's Final Smash, while Geno is blatantly a new model, and a handful of the others may or may not have been costumes the various third party costumes put together and contributed so as to get more of their work in the game.

Point being, K. Rool's costume is a glaring exception among the other first party costumes in the game, even though his Paon model is sitting right there. It far from guarantees him a spot, but it's a weird circumstance we've yet to get a good explanation for. People who diminish this are largely either unfamiliar with the character's modeling history or are just oblivious/going "la la la" because downplaying Rool's chances makes them feel good.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ninten vs Ness.jpg

This is why I don't think Ninten is gonna make it in.

Take Ness, switch his hat to the other direction. You get Ninten.

Ninten's villain is also Giygas.

Mother 2 is practically Mother 1 completely remade.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
In all technicality, they *sort of* did. Snake missed last game, and his fate was uncertain. They certainly treated his reveal as a big surprise in the trailer, and it frankly has almost generated as much hype as Ridley himself.

I could see that qualifying to them.

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
Yeah the biggest thing about the Mii costume for me is that not only are the textures new but the design itself is entirely new. It is primarily based on the colors / aesthetics of the Rare design whilst implementing the anatomy of the PAON design. It's a very specific redesign that feels really unnecessary for a Mii costume because they could've easily just based it off of the PAON design and called it a day. The fact that they explicitly made it brand new makes me confident that there's at least a model of that design somewhere (and hopefully it's in Smash 5).

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Just been making the round, showing my love for my most wanted newcomers :)

Hopefully Smash Ultimate is finally the one where K Rool gets in!

(And a Kaptain K Rool alt would be dope)

StormC

Smash Hero
The only thing that gives me pause is, the costume came out in July 2015. Let's go with the assumption that Sakurai already decided on most of the roster in December; would they have already decided on a model for the character that early?

Top Bottom