• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
AT would just hurt to see, personally...

For a reveal trailer, I‘d love them to sort of recreate the opening from TF, with DK, Diddy and a newly announced Dixie sitting in DK‘s jungle hut, when suddenly, the camera shifts to an approaching ship.

However, the crew isn‘t populated by penguins and walruses, but the Kremlings.

Camera shifts again to a giant bloodshot eye, only to reveal that K Rool set his sight on DK island through a telescope.

Splash screen follows, K Rool leaps off the ship onto the island and crash lands into an actual gameplay section, probably set on Jungle falls.

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
So, what do you guys think would be your ideal K. Rool reveal trailer?
I thought of something like this:
They show a scene from dkc2, where diddy and dixie beat k.rool on the flying crock and then on the level map a smash symbol or portal appears and diddy takes dixie to join the smash party. Gameplay of Dixie is shown and after a minute or so, k.rool follows them through the smash portal and the gameplay trailer finishes with k.rool. Also his amazing theme crocodile cacophony is played during his appearance.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys think of having K. Rool as an assist trophy? Personally i'd prefer him to be playable but I think it's better than nothing
Anything short of being a playable character would be extremely disappointing to me. Just knowing that there's a character who's extremely deserving of a roster spot, who comes from a franchise that absolutely deserves another roster addition, and to know that said character still isn't playable would be ridiculous to me. Especially with Ridley being in the game. Ridley actually had what some felt was a legitimate excuse (not me) for him not being a playable character. Even Sakurai made it seem as if it was a developmental feat to add him to the game as a playable fighter. So what's the excuse for King K. Rool? I'm sorry, but if he can get in, then a character who has consistently been more popular for quite some time now, coupled with the fact that he wouldn't have to designed in any sort of unconventional way to make him work, should ABSOLUTELY be added.

And just for the record, I was a huge Ridley supporter. I've been wanting him and King K. Rool to be in since Brawl. It's just that if they were willing and able to make him work for the game, then there's simply no excuse for why King K. Rool shouldn't be in the game.

Last edited:

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
Came across this today:

I know companies file for trademarks all the time to stop them expiring and such... The timing is interesting though.
Oh my!!! I really hope we get a new DK game announced this year, hopefully with k.rool and the kremlins!!

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
What do you guys think of having K. Rool as an assist trophy? Personally i'd prefer him to be playable but I think it's better than nothing
I would take that as the biggest insult. that's like making browser an assist trophy. k rool should be a character or not in the game at all.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Far better than not being in the game at all and they could still upgrade his AT status to playable through DLC though still, either way, being in the game some way is infinitely better than no appearance at all.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
No offense, but that would be a terrible idea. Sakurai is already keenly aware of the demand for K. Rool with the Mii costume in mind as well as how much hype he would bring to the game just by being playable, so it’d make no sense to put him in an NPC role especially after making Ridley, a perennial fan favorite who was previously stuck in boss roles, a newcomer. Not to mention it would kill any chance of him becoming DLC in the future if he’s not in the base roster.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
No offense, but that would be a terrible idea. Sakurai is already keenly aware of the demand for K. Rool with the Mii costume in mind as well as how much hype he would bring to the game just by being playable, so it’d make no sense to put him in an NPC role especially after making Ridley, a perennial fan favorite who was previously stuck in boss roles, a newcomer. Not to mention it would kill any chance of him becoming DLC in the future if he’s not in the base roster.
I mean not really just because AT's haven't been upgraded through DLC doesn't mean it can't be done. Until Sakurai states that being an AT means there's no point in making them DLC we have no idea whether it could happen or not.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I mean not really just because AT's haven't been upgraded through DLC doesn't mean it can't be done. Until Sakurai states that being an AT means there's no point in making them DLC we have no idea whether it could happen or not.
It’s possible, but I still consider it extremely unlikely since we have yet to actually have an NPC promoted to playability in the game that they’re in. And to be honest, if there’s ever a character explicitly shown in an NPC role, then I consider it to be pretty clear that Sakurai and the dev team had no intentions of making them playable in this game. I’ll see it when I believe it though, and I’d be glad to eat my words if I’m wrong about this.

StormC

Smash Hero
When Waluigi was revealed for Smash 4, Sakurai said “just because you try hard doesn’t mean you’ll make it into battle.” Seems pretty obvious ATs are outruled for the game they’re in.

K. Rool not being playable would be disappointing and an AT wouldn’t change that.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Him battling DK, Diddy, Link and Mario with Ganondorf, Bowser, and Wario helping him out. Or a trailer where Dixie King is introduced then K. Rool comes in after he arrives on land with his ship. DK and Diddy have to be in it though.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I could see that being the case for a future Smash title, but I can't see that happening in the same game. Why would they go through the trouble of making him an Assist Trophy, just to turn around a couple months later and make him a playable character? It seems like they would be creating more work for themselves for no good reason if the ultimate goal was to make the character playable.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I could see that being the case for a future Smash title, but I can't see that happening in the same game. Why would they go through the trouble of making him an Assist Trophy, just to turn around a couple months later and make him a playable character? It seems like they would be creating more work for themselves for no good reason if the ultimate goal was to make the character playable.
Because the goal wasn't to make them playable the team would see AT as good enough and then fans say that's not good enough and they fix it. I mean seriously there's nothing stopping an AT being promoted from DLC so it could happen. Like I said we don't know Sakurai's feelings on the matter so it's feasible not that it'll happen.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I always think this argument is unfounded. Yes, we’ve never seen assists promoted same game. We also never saw two-in-one movesets in 64. We never saw third parties through Melee. We never saw multiple third parties from the same company or dlc in general through Brawl. And Ridley has never and will never be playable because he’s too big.

We’re very good at making up rules for ourselves. And then using these assumed rules to ridicule others.

Just because something hasn’t happened yet doesn’t mean it never will. It’s easy enough to patch the list of Assist characters so it never chooses a specific one again if someone gets promoted through DLC.

Will I bet on it? No, of course not. But we need to get out of the habit of dismissing support because something’s never happened yet.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Ideal K. Rool trailer for me is...

It opens with DK and Diddy fighting Bowser and maybe Bowser Jr. when all of the sudden Dixie comes leaping out of the trees, Splash Screen comes up "Dixie flys into action" a little montage of her moves and finally the trailer ends with Bowser defeated collapsed on the ground.... but then the letters fade in on the black screen "The End?" A green scaly foot stomps down next to Bowsers head, camera pans up to show K. Rool followed by his Splash screen "King K. Rool sails past the competition" montage of his move set, set to either Gangplank Galleon (intense part) or Crocodile Cacophony. Ending of the video concludes with the him charging the Kongs.

StormC

Smash Hero
I actually feel Waluigi has a small chance of being promoted as DLC just because the outrage is that big. But even that seems slim.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I always think this argument is unfounded. Yes, we’ve never seen assists promoted same game. We also never saw two-in-one movesets in 64. We never saw third parties through Melee. We never saw multiple third parties from the same company or dlc in general through Brawl. And Ridley has never and will never be playable because he’s too big.

We’re very good at making up rules for ourselves. And then using these assumed rules to ridicule others.

Just because something hasn’t happened yet doesn’t mean it never will. It’s easy enough to patch the list of Assist characters so it never chooses a specific one again if someone gets promoted through DLC.

Will I bet on it? No, of course not. But we need to get out of the habit of dismissing support because something’s never happened yet.
I definitely understand and agree with what you're saying. However, I feel like all of those changes that were made make sense as far as being improvements. I just don't understand what the point would be of delegating someone to an Assist Trophy, to later turn around and make that character playable in the same title. I'm not saying it couldn't happen. Anything is certainly possible. I just can't imagine with as much work as they put into coming up with the roster, that they would make a character an Assist Trophy in the first place if they felt that the character was a good roster choice for that game. I could see it happening for a future title though, like with Little Mac for example. But again, that's just my personal opinion. Anything can happen and you're correct in saying we shouldn't be dismissive of anything.

D

Deleted member

Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong are adventuring through a jungle, a cannonball hits Diddy KOing him. As DK looks to who it was he looks serious, as King K. Rool appears the tag line King K. Rool rules the battlefield, is shown. As we pan to battle footage of him. That's mine. As for an assist trophy? Honestly DerpingPikachu I'd take it as this point. Better then nothing like you said right? Still want him playable though.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Ooh, forgot the K.Rool Trailer question -

You guys'll have to help me out though. I'm a terrible K.Rool fan since I've only ever played DK64. However, here's my idea:

---

*two lightning strikes cut the screen to form the Smash logo. They burst into flames and open up as it did for the Sm4sh trailers*

We open on a hellish wasteland, where everything is burning. Mario is shown fighting Bowser, and getting utterly annhilated. Meanwhile, in a different corner of the battlefield, Link is getting his *** handed to him by the Demon King himself. We switch back and forth between the two fights, but it isn't long before both our heroes are launched away and land in a desolate scorched clearing. Mario is motionless. Link pulls himself up clearly in pain, like he did in the last memory in BotW. After a loud screech, Samus comes flying in and bowls Link over. A few Smash characters (Zelda, Peach, Marth, DK, etc.) run in in fear, and stare at an ominous cloud on the field.

Bowser, Ganondorf, and Ridley walk (fly) menacingly out of the cloud. The surviving fighters scatter. Bowser takes off after the princesses. Ganondorf unleashes Ganon, and Ridley shoots towards a group of heroes.

DK runs off into a ruined forest, looking behind him the whole time. He falls - he's hit a Team Rocket-style trap in the floor of the forest.

After DK hits the ground, he's in total darkness. The sounds of the battle above can no longer be heard. A set of spotlights shine on DK. He shields his eyes as the soft roar of a crowd is heard.

"In the Red Corner...!"

A Jumbotron lights up as it would be set on Boxing Ring during a Smash game. DK is shown on the red side. Slowly the lights start to come up to show DK's in a boxing ring. DK looks around confused and worried.

"In the Blue Corner...!"

DK looks over at a Klaptrap barking in the corner. He seems slightly relieved until he looks at the Jumbotron. It simply lists a few stats:
*Our Champion!*
*#1 on the Ballot in [regions]*
*#66 (or whatever number)*

The spotlights move to show K.Rool descending into the ring. The pulley breaks and he flattens the Klaptrap. As he gets up, he gets his Splash screen:

King K. Rool Krushes It!

The Kroc rushes over and uppercuts DK to give a Star KO while the crowd (and audience) cheers.

*He gets his fighting montage, then cut to the Smash Bros. Ultimate logo*

Last scene - K.Rool in his Kaptain Kostume is on the Pirate Ship when DK comes sailing in as a brick joke. K.Rool smiles evilly, and the camera closes on DK making a hopeless expression.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My ideal trailer starts with a montage of DK and Diddy fighting other characters in different stages.
Then the scene changes to a CGI scene that has DK and Diddy celebrating their victory on the Jungle Hijinxs stage, and the camera pans to their banana hoard, which is placed on a platform. Suddenly, the music pauses dramatically, and a squashing sound is heard. DK and Diddy turn around and are horrified to see their entire Banana Hoard completely squashed by a canonball. Then, they hear an evil grin and turn around to see a familiar figure on a cliff. The figure then jumps and lands on the stage, and the kongs flinch. The camera then focuses on the figure's legs and tilts upwards, revealing that...
It's KING K. ROOL's Finest Hour! and then a remix of this theme starts playing in the background
He then pulls out his blunderbuss and shoots a canonball out of it, and the scene changes into a gameplay montage.
The trailer also showscases the new Gangplank Galleon stage.
Then the trailer ends, and the game's logo appears.
/engrish

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Let's go with

Heroes vs villains esc trailer

A few of the hero characters ofcoarse Donkey kong and diddy kong and possibly Dixie kong included fighting bowser, mewtwo, ganondorf, wario, wolf bowser jr including the Kooplings and Ridley

It's on a mountain like destination fighting for a tiny bit and Dk are bring ground but then a shot from the blunderbust comes out of nowhere just missing the kong family then the heros and villains look to where it was shot from revealing its from the blunderbust and then quickly pain too those well known eyes of his then

We get a phrase like "king k rool finest hour" then jumps down and joins the villains in the fight slow mo ofocarse

Then we see game play of whatever moves he hasn't ending with the final smash the blast-o-madic the. He smash logo pops out

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Might as well throw my hat into this trailer scenario.

First is CGI DK and Diddy in a fierce battle with Bowser and Bowser Jr. (recalling to Subspace), clearly having trouble holding them off, when in their most dire moment Dixie flies in to help, cuing her gameplay montage.

But then it cuts back to the CGI fight, suddenly zooming out and revealing a screen viewing the action within a secret chamber, and a familiar scaly green claw tapping on an armrest. We hear laughter. The camera shifts to a toothy maw curled into a smirk. After pushing some buttons the green figure viewed from behind rises in his chair to the top of a tower, laughing all the way. Everyone below stops fighting as they turn their attention to the new foe on the scene as K. Rool whips out his trademark blunderbuss and swings it over his shoulder, making his grand entrance with the freeze splash screen and subsequent gameplay montage.

In case it wasn't obvious, it's a reference to this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxhssjmzBM

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Let's go with

Heroes vs villains esc trailer

A few of the hero characters ofcoarse Donkey kong and diddy kong and possibly Dixie kong included fighting bowser, mewtwo, wario, wolf bowser jr including the Kooplings and Ridley

It's on a mountain like destination fighting for a tiny bit and Dk are bring ground but then a shot from the blunderbust comes out of nowhere just missing the kong family then the heros and villains look to where it was shot from revealing its from the blunderbust and then quickly pain too those well known eyes of his then

We get a phrase like "king k rool finest hour" then jumps down and joins the villains in the fight slow mo ofocarse

Then we see game play of whatever moves he hasn't ending with the final smash the blast-o-madic the. He smash logo pops out
God just thinking of this makes me want to have an 8 player Smash with K.Rool vs. Bowser vs. Ganondorf vs. Bowser Jr. vs. Wolf vs. Ridley vs. Wario vs. Dedede SOOO BADDD!!!

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
Dang Krystal from Star Fox just got deconfirmed too. This is like a slaughter of all the popular requests. Thankfully K. Rool seems to not be an assist trophy (at least yet) so his chances are still really good.

EDIT: Isaac from Golden Sun hasn't been confirmed as an Assist Trophy and he literally WAS an assist trophy. This probably bodes super well for Isaac fans.
Well Isaac was straight up erased it in smash4; it's mot surprising he's not an assist in ultimate.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

I have never seriously considered K. Rool to be a notable contender. I originally thought Dixie Kong had the best chance as the DKC newcomer, even though I felt her chances were very small at best because of Sakurai originally not planning clones in the beginning for Smash 4’s roster. I did play through the Rare SNES Trilogy for the first time to get an appreciation of the character and his insane personality, but I have remained in a skeptical mindset, up until the Smash Ultimate reveal. This was when my approach to Smash speculation had changed. King K. Rool has been wandering in my mind since then.

Previously, I tried digger deeper beyond the basic character criteria, looking into Sakurai interviews and other resources related to DKC that could possibly benefit K. Rool’s inclusion. I tried researching the reasons Diddy Kong was included in Brawl, and found nothing. I tried researching about K. Rool and Dixie’s creator, Steve Mayles, to see if he was involved in helping out with Brawl’s planning phase, with Dixie being originally a part of Diddy via tag-team in Brawl. I found nothing but Steve encouraging and wanting his characters to be in Smash, likely having little involvement in Ultimate due to his role in Playtonic Games, working on Yooka Laylee at the time. I tried to find other Nintendo staff members that would have helped realize Diddy’s Brawl moveset by looking into the new DK IP team mentioned in a Gamexplain Rabbids DLC interview, Paon (Developers responsible for the DKC games after Rare), and Miyamoto (Who had the closest involvement during the production of the Rare DKC trilogy). I still have found nothing concrete, researching a second time for several hours.

The only things I found that could possibly help K. Rool is the mysterious Mii costume that was added via Smash 4 DLC and that this Smash will likely focus on including popular ballot newcomers. The reasons the costume was included is unknown and was never clarified by Sakurai, unlike Geno. But, the level of detail given to the K. Rool costume to match Rare’s redesign is a bit eyebrow raising. The only thing I can confidently say really helps K. Rool is the immense ballot demand. Whether or not this demand is enough to overshadow the big negative of not playing a major role in the new mainline Donkey Kong Country titles has yet to be seen.

But, given that Sakurai seriously considered Geno for Brawl and Smash 4, despite being from a very old title, he might see K. Rool’s high ballot demand to be enough to think critically about his inclusion. The moveset potential and unique characteristics K. Rool could also help Sakurai view him as a stand-out character, being a heavyweight with an crazy cruel personality that would utilize many projectile weapons like the boomerang crown and blunderbuss for a distinct ranged play-style. With K. Rool being a character that would also attract a large Western audience like Ridley, I believe these are the positives I feel could suffice Sakurai enough to include the character.

In my personal perspective, King K. Rool, while having a good shot because of high ballot demand, is a bit of a shot in the dark. I say this only because I know so little of how Sakurai approached Donkey Kong Country newcomers back in Brawl, with little resources about DKC to be able to have very firm confidence on his inclusion. I can only speculate that Diddy Kong was included in Brawl due to his high demand, but the reasons were not specified by Sakurai, unlike Pit and Meta Knight. Regardless of him being somewhat risky choice, I am willing to predict that King K. Rool will finally be playable in this new Smash. I hope if K. Rool is included, Sakurai will characterize his insanity to the full extent in every part of his moveset.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

I have never seriously considered K. Rool to be a notable contender. I originally thought Dixie Kong had the best chance as the DKC newcomer, even though I felt her chances were very small at best because of Sakurai originally not planning clones in the beginning for Smash 4’s roster. I did play through the Rare SNES Trilogy for the first time to get an appreciation of the character and his insane personality, but I have remained in a skeptical mindset, up until the Smash Ultimate reveal. This was when my approach to Smash speculation had changed. King K. Rool has been wandering in my mind since then.

Previously, I tried digger deeper beyond the basic character criteria, looking into Sakurai interviews and other resources related to DKC that could possibly benefit K. Rool’s inclusion. I tried researching the reasons Diddy Kong was included in Brawl, and found nothing. I tried researching about K. Rool and Dixie’s creator, Steve Mayles, to see if he was involved in helping out with Brawl’s planning phase, with Dixie being originally a part of Diddy via tag-team in Brawl. I found nothing but Steve encouraging and wanting his characters to be in Smash, likely having little involvement in Ultimate due to his role in Playtonic Games, working on Yooka Laylee at the time. I tried to find other Nintendo staff members that would have helped realize Diddy’s Brawl moveset by looking into the new DK IP team mentioned in a Gamexplain Rabbids DLC interview, Paon (Developers responsible for the DKC games after Rare), and Miyamoto (Who had the closest involvement during the production of the Rare DKC trilogy). I still have found nothing concrete, researching a second time for several hours.

The only things I found that could possibly help K. Rool is the mysterious Mii costume that was added via Smash 4 DLC and that this Smash will likely focus on including popular ballot newcomers. The reasons the costume was included is unknown and was never clarified by Sakurai, unlike Geno. But, the level of detail given to the K. Rool costume to match Rare’s redesign is a bit eyebrow raising. The only thing I can confidently say really helps K. Rool is the immense ballot demand. Whether or not this demand is enough to overshadow the big negative of not playing a major role in the new mainline Donkey Kong Country titles has yet to be seen.

But, given that Sakurai seriously considered Geno for Brawl and Smash 4, despite being from a very old title, he might see K. Rool’s high ballot demand to be enough to think critically about his inclusion. The moveset potential and unique characteristics K. Rool could also help Sakurai view him as a stand-out character, being a heavyweight with an crazy cruel personality that would utilize many projectile weapons like the boomerang crown and blunderbuss for a distinct ranged play-style. With K. Rool being a character that would also attract a large Western audience like Ridley, I believe these are the positives I feel could suffice Sakurai enough to include the character.

In my personal perspective, King K. Rool, while having a good shot because of high ballot demand, is a bit of a shot in the dark. I say this only because I know so little of how Sakurai approached Donkey Kong Country newcomers back in Brawl, with little resources about DKC to be able to have very firm confidence on his inclusion. I can only speculate that Diddy Kong was included in Brawl due to his high demand, but the reasons were not specified by Sakurai, unlike Pit and Meta Knight. Regardless of him being somewhat risky choice, I am willing to predict that King K. Rool will finally be playable in this new Smash. I hope if K. Rool is included, Sakurai will characterize his insanity to the full extent in every part of his moveset.
Great you changed your mind about K.Rool and did so well on the research!

I think I can elaborate the Diddy inclusion pretty well honestly. Notice that with the Brawl Dojo, Sakurai specifically stated that Diddy was a late addition. And that might have to do with a couple of things. Firstly, why he missed N64's Smash was a given despite already being a huge gaming icon back then. They probably felt that Rare was more entitled to the DKC franchise, and Diddy wouldn't really be much of the clone potential as the other unlockables; Luigi, Ness, Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff. Pokemon might also be pushed in favor of adding more characters from more established franchises at that time, for example Kirby, Zelda and Donkey Kong.

With Melee, it would've really been the most ideal time to include Diddy. And the fact his trophy was missing was REALLY weird. In all actuality, Sakurai might've tried to include Diddy but the Rare buyout was a troublesome period for Nintendo as Rare tried to get the right of their creations. It could also mean that Sakurai simply didn't care much for adding Rare-created characters. Yet, it's the most obvious missing link, as Sakurai already stated he didn't want a Kirby newcomer as to not to push his creations too much. So outside of the newcomers we've gotten, Diddy is the sole character mostly missing.

This is also why King K.Rool's support came so late. Because most of us where pushing for Diddy's inclusion first and foremost. Which is logical. And even back then, there where a minority of people out there who would rather choose K.Rool over Diddy because they felt he would be more unique, a villian, and whatnot. Basically a less justified Dixie vs K.Rool clash of fans. Obviously, the support of King K.Rool was far less vocal back then.

Which basically sums up the very reason that we're still waiting for King K.Rool to come to Smash.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
So just some fun speculation on my part but if you look at that huge Smash Ultimate mural that was done featuring all the characters, they had revealed it before the Ridley reveal and he wasnt in it, then after the reveal him and Daisy were thrown into it. There's character reactions in the piece, Ice Climbers for example are surprised at Ridley behind them, I was looking for any odd character reaction's to see if it would make sense for a characters placement.. well if you look under Mario there's a rather large space of empty area where Pokemon trainer is, Wario and DeDeDe are clearly reacting to someone, as it stands now it looks like Pokemon trainer but I feel like PT wouldn't put the fear into them like that, it would be funny if this space is were K. Rool may end up if he's revealed, and DDD and Wario are terrified, maybe he'd be shooting a cannon ball or something from his blunder buss. Ive been looking at some of the areas for empty spots that look like room for characters to be moved around. The mural is packed but there is a couple suspect spots that look a bit too empty. Especially when you see how the characters are grouped up.

I'm a digital artist myself and you can tell the mural was made with layering in Photoshop every character was drawn on their own layer so they could be moved as characters are added in and obviously unrevealed characters can be placed where they're supposed to be in the final piece.. just something fun to consider
Jesus Christ this is the most autistic thing, but I've been looking at this for a solid 20 minutes now, I totally see what you mean. Both King Dedede and Wario look pretty spooked about something. Let's go ahead and put it up here for convenience's sake.
3400595-smash_thumb.jpg

For Dedede, it could just be Young Link startling him, but Wario really gives something away here. From the position he's in, the only thing that would be scaring him is Charizard. HOWEVER, based on his eye level and where he's staring, Charizard is above his eye level and honestly too close for Wario to be staring in shock where he is. If he were really staring at Charizard, he would be looking upwards in fear because Charizard's head is literally right above him, and there's no way he's seriously shocked by Squirtle, Ivysaur and Jigglypuff. Right now, it looks like he's scared for no reason. I believe there's definitely gonna be someone added here, and who, that is left to speculate, could shock a crazed man like Wario? Simon Belmont's a rough dude, but not really shocking or scary. Isaac is just an anime swordsman, nothing out of the ordinary for Smash. an ARMS character wouldn't be scary, etc. etc. As I said before, I think they're gonna add somebody there for Wario's reaction to make sense, and it has to be K. Rool, he's the only anticipated newcomer crazy and shocking enough to freak out Wario. Bullet-proof logic right here, folks.

About how I'm feeling right now....
tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Judging by 2015's precedent with DK trademark announcements, we'll be getting Dixie, Cranky and DK Barrel Mii costumes announced any day now.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Jesus Christ this is the most autistic thing, but I've been looking at this for a solid 20 minutes now, I totally see what you mean. Both King Dedede and Wario look pretty spooked about something. Let's go ahead and put it up here for convenience's sake.
View attachment 148947
For Dedede, it could just be Young Link startling him, but Wario really gives something away here. From the position he's in, the only thing that would be scaring him is Charizard. HOWEVER, based on his eye level and where he's staring, Charizard is above his eye level and honestly too close for Wario to be staring in shock where he is. If he were really staring at Charizard, he would be looking upwards in fear because Charizard's head is literally right above him, and there's no way he's seriously shocked by Squirtle, Ivysaur and Jigglypuff. Right now, it looks like he's scared for no reason. I believe there's definitely gonna be someone added here, and who, that is left to speculate, could shock a crazed man like Wario? Simon Belmont's a rough dude, but not really shocking or scary. Isaac is just an anime swordsman, nothing out of the ordinary for Smash. an ARMS character wouldn't be scary, etc. etc. As I said before, I think they're gonna add somebody there for Wario's reaction to make sense, and it has to be K. Rool, he's the only anticipated newcomer crazy and shocking enough to freak out Wario. Bullet-proof logic right here, folks.

God I feel like Charlie right now....
View attachment 148952
To give you points I suppose he could be pointing his blunderbuster at wario

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
View attachment 148947

Also how I'm feeling right now....
View attachment 148952
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I bet if anyone knows if K. Rool is in Smash U it's Pepe Silvia... let's ask Barney....

Seriously though I'm glad someone else sees what I see... there's no way Pokemon trainer is scaring Wario and DDD, it doesn't even line up correctly..

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
View attachment 148947

About how I'm feeling right now....
View attachment 148952
Honestly, I feel K. Rool would fit more perfectly with Snake with having them both pointing their guns at eachother. I mean just look at the K. Rool picture and picture it in the SSBU cover art

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom