• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

EdwardSponge

Smash Apprentice
By this point I have 99% certainty that Dixie is in. I'm probably thinking around 20% for K Rool.
If neither are in I'm eating my son.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
By this point I have 99% certainty that Dixie is in. I'm probably thinking around 20% for K Rool.
If neither are in I'm eating my son.
Don't eat your son. Sons are cool to have.

I estimate K.Rool's chances a little higher than Dixie's actually, but both would be amazing to have.

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I feel like K. Rool's chances are much higher than Dixie's. While I'd like both if only one can get in K. Rool has been acknowledged in Smash more than Dixie has in the form of the redesigned Mii costume. And while I know fan collected data isn't 100% accurate the requests for K. Rool have surpassed Dixie by a decent margin. Again, I'd love to see both but I have a feeling that redesign in the Mii costume means a lot more than we thought it did back in 2015.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
It still feels weird that with Ridley out of the way, Simon Belmont and of course K. Rool here remain the only ones left I’ve have much investment in wanting in Smash; it still feels weird even seeing a speculation sub-forum without Ridley now and just this and some other threads carrying the place on their own.

That aside, I guess I put off posting here again a bit since I tend to see some of y’all enough in the discord server as it is, but am more confident for K. Rool now than I’ve pretty much ever been. C’mon, we can do this!

As for echo fighters, eh... I could see maybe Funky as one, but not Dixie.

StormC

Smash Hero
It still feels weird that with Ridley out of the way, Simon Belmont and of course K. Rool here remain the only ones left I’ve have much investment in wanting in Smash; it still feels weird even seeing a speculation sub-forum without Ridley now and just this and some other threads carrying the place on their own.

That aside, I guess I put off posting here again a bit since I tend to see some of y’all enough in the discord server as it is, but am more confident for K. Rool now than I’ve pretty much ever been. C’mon, we can do this!

As for echo fighters, eh... I could see maybe Funky as one, but not Dixie.
Seeing the Ridley trailer just cemented to me how much I want K. Rool. Ridley has been one of my most wanted characters since Brawl was released, and while him, Snake, and Wolf make me ecstatic, if this is truly to be the ultimate Smash game, it won't feel complete without K. Rool.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
With my sassy princess having joined the battle my solider/Brawl Main rejoining the battle, and having my favorite Kanto female besides Misty in the game, I will now toss my amount of Daisy support over to K. Rool.

I will admit, I'm liking DK and Diddy's designs and moves BETTER than Smash 4, and I'm liking how the stages are looking for DK so far! Props to Sakurai for trying to fix the not-so-great content for DK in Smash 4. It seems that he heard you guys, and that he's got something planned for you guys. I'm banking on it! ;) ~ Afro

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Reading this thread has made me more confident that K. Rool is coming. Heck, at first when Sakurai said not to expect many newcomers, I thought that the three we had already gotten was all we were getting. I really hope we get a newcomer reveal by atleast August.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
You know, come to think of it, the character pages for Ultimate don't go out of their way to advertise new games which is different from how many character pages for Smash 4 did. Which I guess makes sense, given the state of the Wii U vs. the Switch.

Cart Boy

Smash Rookie
I suppose I should introduce myself here: I'm Cart Boy, and I support our crazy king.

Anyway, I'm optimistic K. Rool and the Kremlings will return someday, and I hope Smash Ultimate will help usher in their comeback.

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
So I know that the Smash Ballot was advertised for Smash 4's DLC but does anyone think that the ballot was secretly being used for Smash 5? I ask this because Smash 5 was rumored to be in its early stages all the way back in 2014 and if they knew that Smash 4 couldn't be maintained for so much longer (with the Wii U being a failure) then why would the ballot be specifically for Smash 4?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Smash Ballot was just supposed to affect Smash 5's roster. Since they probably knew that Smash 5's newcomers were going to be limited I could definitely see them wanting to use the ballot as a way to figure out which newcomers should be a priority. This may be a stretch but this may also explain why K. Rool inexplicably got a brand new design for his Mii costume, it may have been taken from his planned Smash 5 design (because that K. Rool design is no where else to be found other than said Mii costume). I don't want to make too many assumptions but with the trademarking of K. Rool's character back in 2015 seemingly out of nowhere along with the brand new, unexplained design I feel like all the pieces are falling into place.

That being said, this is only random speculation but K. Rool and Geno's Mii costumes literally just came out of nowhere with zero references to anything else found in Smash 4. I believe we will see both in Smash 5 with their Mii costume renders being the basis of their designs. Again, it's not definite at all but I feel really good about their chances this time around.

D

Deleted member

Down B? Good question maybe he slips on a boxing glove and does a quick right or left hook. A reference to his Krusha K. Rool persona.

Last edited by a moderator:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
On a unrelated note um.. i've heard mention of k.rool discord around here now and then. Would anyone be willing to PM a link?

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
I hope DK gets a new stage. I have a sinking feeling they're just gonna have Kongo Falls and call it a day.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
So I know that the Smash Ballot was advertised for Smash 4's DLC but does anyone think that the ballot was secretly being used for Smash 5? I ask this because Smash 5 was rumored to be in its early stages all the way back in 2014 and if they knew that Smash 4 couldn't be maintained for so much longer (with the Wii U being a failure) then why would the ballot be specifically for Smash 4?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Smash Ballot was just supposed to affect Smash 5's roster. Since they probably knew that Smash 5's newcomers were going to be limited I could definitely see them wanting to use the ballot as a way to figure out which newcomers should be a priority. This may be a stretch but this may also explain why K. Rool inexplicably got a brand new design for his Mii costume, it may have been taken from his planned Smash 5 design (because that K. Rool design is no where else to be found other than said Mii costume). I don't want to make too many assumptions but with the trademarking of K. Rool's character back in 2015 seemingly out of nowhere along with the brand new, unexplained design I feel like all the pieces are falling into place.

That being said, this is only random speculation but K. Rool and Geno's Mii costumes literally just came out of nowhere with zero references to anything else found in Smash 4. I believe we will see both in Smash 5 with their Mii costume renders being the basis of their designs. Again, it's not definite at all but I feel really good about their chances this time around.
I completely agree with this. Think about it; if you're the Smash development team, and you know that you're going to be developing a new entry in the series, don't you think that you would want to save some big-name newcomers for the new game? That's why, for example, I always felt that no matter how well Ridley did on the ballot, if he was going to be playable, he would've been an addition to the new game. I feel the same way about King K. Rool. I think certain characters were pocketed to be used as new additions to the next game to drum up excitement.

On the point of the trademarking, I believe that was done simply for the Mii costume. I remember everyone getting excited about the trademark, thinking that meant he was most likely going to added, and then the Mii costume got announced...that was a disappointing day haha.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
One thing I'm tired of hearing is how Dixie and Funky Kong can be echo fighters. I'm honestly against the idea. Both characters have potential to bring unique mechanics to the table. Especially Funky Kong. I bet Sakurai could pull a lot of moves from his surfboard. I don't think making any of them echo fighters would do them or the DK franchise any justice.
Noone wants clones in general, but they're a quick way to include some characters who wouldn't otherwise warrant the development time. If Dixie and Funky weren't popular enough to be unique, the echo fighter spots are their only chance.

AquaSol

Smash Apprentice
New to the boards. I played my first Donkey Kong Country game in May and really liked it. Before that, I always wondered why King K. Rool was so heavily requested. I always saw the same old moveset (blunderbuss, crown throw, helicopter, butt bounce) posted around the internet and honestly thought that it was boring. Now, I like K. Rool more for his legacy than his gameplay. We need more Donkey Kong characters, and he would fit the bill perfectly. I really do think it's going to happen - I've seen so many online polls, and although they may not be the best samples, K. Rool is always on top. The Mii costume and Sakurai's E3 comment about fan demand are also promising.

As a side note, I feel that if K. Rool makes it, then Dixie Kong will probably be in too. She has a lot of fans as well, and I don't know if Sakurai would just decide to ignore her. She is pretty relevant and could be an easy semi-clone of Diddy (or echo in the worst case).

Here's hoping to King K. Rool!

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
ImainKingKRool you are one of my fave usernames.
Thanks! I put zero effort into it, I just slapped it together so I could post on this thread, hah. But I'm definitely dreaming of a day where we can all say we do in fact main King K. Rool.

Yours is way better, one of my favorite tracks from DKC2 that doesn't get enough recognition imo
and the su pic is just icing on the cake ofc

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I suppose I should introduce myself here: I'm Cart Boy, and I support our crazy king.

Anyway, I'm optimistic K. Rool and the Kremlings will return someday, and I hope Smash Ultimate will help usher in their comeback.
Cool to see someone else I know on twitter, welcome to the boards dude.
Thanks! I put zero effort into it, I just slapped it together so I could post on this thread, hah. But I'm definitely dreaming of a day where we can all say we do in fact main King K. Rool.

Yours is way better, one of my favorite tracks from DKC2 that doesn't get enough recognition imo
and the su pic is just icing on the cake ofc
I'll main him everyday that I play.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
We are here for the final stretch guys. Considering that Ridley was made playable due to fan popularity makes the future of our Kutthroat King shine brightly.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
It's difficult to say if we'll get new stages this time around, but if K. Rool does make it in then they have to add the Gangplank Galleon. It'd be a crime not to add his iconic ship.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
It's difficult to say if we'll get new stages this time around, but if K. Rool does make it in then they have to add the Gangplank Galleon. It'd be a crime not to add his iconic ship.
Then again they still haven't added Bowser's castle or Ganon's Tower to any of the games. Still, I hope that they do.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
There was Norfair from Brawl which was basically his home lava region in the original/2D games, so closest thing to his stage I guess.

Think it’s still reasonable to at least possibly expect Gangplank Galleon or the Flying Krock though, yeah.

Last edited:

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Then again they still haven't added Bowser's castle or Ganon's Tower to any of the games. Still, I hope that they do.
Damn. I've been wanting Bowser's Castle in Smash for YEARS now. I still can't believe we haven't gotten it yet. I guess I shouldn't be too sure on whether we'll get the Gangplank Galleon. One can hope though.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448

With my sassy princess having joined the battle my solider/Brawl Main rejoining the battle, and having my favorite Kanto female besides Misty in the game, I will now toss my amount of Daisy support over to K. Rool.

I will admit, I'm liking DK and Diddy's designs and moves BETTER than Smash 4, and I'm liking how the stages are looking for DK so far! Props to Sakurai for trying to fix the not-so-great content for DK in Smash 4. It seems that he heard you guys, and that he's got something planned for you guys. I'm banking on it! ;) ~ Afro
New to the boards. I played my first Donkey Kong Country game in May and really liked it. Before that, I always wondered why King K. Rool was so heavily requested. I always saw the same old moveset (blunderbuss, crown throw, helicopter, butt bounce) posted around the internet and honestly thought that it was boring. Now, I like K. Rool more for his legacy than his gameplay. We need more Donkey Kong characters, and he would fit the bill perfectly. I really do think it's going to happen - I've seen so many online polls, and although they may not be the best samples, K. Rool is always on top. The Mii costume and Sakurai's E3 comment about fan demand are also promising.

As a side note, I feel that if K. Rool makes it, then Dixie Kong will probably be in too. She has a lot of fans as well, and I don't know if Sakurai would just decide to ignore her. She is pretty relevant and could be an easy semi-clone of Diddy (or echo in the worst case).

Here's hoping to King K. Rool!
Welcome new meats, you're now officially one of us.

Also, count me in on that K. Rool Discord.

Last edited:

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
The only issue with that would be that Toon Link already has his pirate ship level, which I'm assuming will be back at the rate of all the returning stages that we're getting. I feel like it would be odd if we had two pirate ship levels as much as I'd like to see Gangplank Galleon.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I think Gangplank Galleon would be one of those flat stages without any ledges. It would look like a HD remake of the original level.

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Workin' on a Piano cover of Snakey Chantey. I'll Share it here If---No, WHEN K. Rool gets announced! Til then I want ALL OF YOU to keep raising your voice to Nintendo! LET RIDLEY BE AN EXAMPLE! OUR FEEDBACK MATTERS!!!

NEVER stop fighting, Kremlings!! Not till the Kaptain arrives!!

Last edited:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Haven't been on for such a long ass time lol Now that smash bros ultimate is a few months away, I find this one thing interesting. So far all the new content i've seen in the game has mostly been characters that people have been asking for . Playable or even assist trophies. A lot of people wanted inklings and ridley as a character and that's what we got. Maybe with the inclusion of Simon Belmont which people have also wanted. Even Daisy surprisingly. Krystal, bomberman, knuckles all became assist trophies. I think Sakurai is really looking at characters that people have been crying out for. Maybe that's one of the many reasons for creating the ballot? I don't know, it just got me thinking.

And I find it funny that Sakurai adds characters sometimes that people aren't demanding. Like its always these group of characters that we want like K Roll, shadow, shovel knight or banjo kazooie. Its never anyone else lol Its ALWAYS a specific group of characters. Sakurai has to be looking at King K Rool. If he added ridley because he was a popular character in the west, then k Rool has to appear in some way. Considering he is not only popular in the west but he is also wanted in Japan as well. Dixie may be more relevant but K Rool has more of an out cry by fans.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
What do you guys think of having K. Rool as an assist trophy? Personally i'd prefer him to be playable but I think it's better than nothing

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So, what do you guys think would be your ideal K. Rool reveal trailer?

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Came across this today:

I know companies file for trademarks all the time to stop them expiring and such... The timing is interesting though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom