• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yo, so hear me out. Am suddenly super annoyed by the fact that Rare never got to make another handheld game for Nintendo outside of Diddy Kong Racing DS. Nobody else feel this way?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I get that they might not want to put too much effort into making a new Nintendo game, seeing how their relationship got extremely sour after and during the buy out but seriously... The VERY LEAST they could've done was giving us a port of Donkey Kong 64 with some improvements. Or Banjo-Kazooie / Tooie.

They even planned on making a DKC4 before they decided on Diddy Kong Racing DS. :urg:

Just imagine what could've been. :sadeyes:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like Microsoft is to blame for the lack of Rare games on handhelds. The last time that we got a Rare game on the DS was a Viva Pinata game in 2008, and after that year (and the failure of Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts), Rare was retooled into exclusively developing Kinect games.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Man, it's been forever since I participated in any Smash speculation or character support. After the game released I didn't really pitch in that much with DLC. Enough about that though, I thought I'd come to here first and foremost because K. Rool was one of the characters I supported the most for Smash 4 prior to the game's release and during DLC. I've got every reason to keep supporting him for this once again.

If the kritters themselves can return with an actually significant role in a game after so long, K. Rool himself simply has to sooner or later. You just can't leave K. Rool out when his krew's running about. Having him debut as a fighter in Smash would be such a great way to bring him back into the scene after such a long absence, too.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Scenario: The next DKC Returns rolls in. It's called, Return of the Kremlings. It has all elements of the original DKC games we wished for. Then, the final boss is none other than QUEEN K. Rool.. would you support QKR for getting into Smash over KKR?

D

Deleted member

Scenario: The next DKC Returns rolls in. It's called, Return of the Kremlings. It has all elements of the original DKC games we wished for. Then, the final boss is none other than QUEEN K. Rool.. would you support QKR for getting into Smash over KKR?
If Queen K. Rool turns out to be as great of a kharacter as the King of the Krocs himself, I think I would be ideal to have both.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
That's completely dependent on whether Kueen K. Rool turns out to be a good character or not.

If it's a one and done character that isn't memorable or interesting then no. If the character is a hit and if they were to do more with the idea then I'd be fine with it, though I'd still preferably take KKR first.

Like Xeno said, if the character becomes as big/memorable as K. Rool then ideally we'd get both, but if it's one or the other then I'd still go with KKR. But as I said, that's all dependent on how a supposed QKR would turn out.

Now that you brought it up though, all I can think of is King K. Rool having "Queen" K. Rool as another persona. The image I got when I read your idea was K. Rool with lipstick, a wig, painted claws, and a slightly different crown.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Honestly no.

Maybe in time, but K.Rool has more history. I'd be fine with both (If she has some interesting traits of her own), but K.Rool HAS to make it. I'd honestly be pretty angry otherwise.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If it was more than a rather simple gender swap then she might actually have a nice impact on the DK series.

Such a new character who would have only recently debuted in a very new game wouldn't really have a reason to be playable in Smash though, and including her as a playable fighter in the game after not including K. Rool in any of the past entries would just be ludicrous, imo.

Again, though, if she actually did leave a good impact and succeeded as a character like Xeno mentioned, maybe she'd be a decent candidate for a different ,theoretical future Smash game. Especially if both the queen and king continued to appear in later DK games.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Then, the final boss is none other than QUEEN K. Rool.. would you support QKR for getting into Smash over KKR?
I wouldn't really feel Under Pressure, especially if she was a Killer Queen. It'd at least give us Somebody To Love. I just hope it wouldn't mean K Rool Bites The Dust

Last edited:
No. Even if she turns out to be a great character, I think KKR should be in first.

Now that you brought it up though, all I can think of is King K. Rool having "Queen" K. Rool as another persona. The image I got when I read your idea was K. Rool with lipstick, a wig, painted claws, and a slightly different crown.
They could call it Queen K. Ross-Dress.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I though King K. Rool is so narcissistic that he's too good for women.

Wouldn't that be too out of character?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Next scenario; King K.Rool himself died in battle fighting the Kongs in game. The Queen is enraged and thus becomes the main villain from this point on. With the King officially dead in the DKC canon, should Queen K.Rool take over Smash as well?

I'm having way too much fun with this.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Next scenario; King K.Rool himself died in battle fighting the Kongs in game. The Queen is enraged and thus becomes the main villain from this point on. With the King officially dead in the DKC canon, should Queen K.Rool take over Smash as well?

My uncle's dog's catfish works for Nintendo, and he actually stole this top-secret Queen K. Rool concept-art straight from Retro Studios;

Last edited:

No. K. Rool will be resurrected at some point, just like Bowser, Ganondorf, Ridley and many others were.

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
Sadly, I am in firm belief that when Sakurai makes a character a Mii fighter, he's basically telling us no. I still support him though.
<- TFW you get Mii Fighter'd

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No. K. Rool will be resurrected at some point, just like Bowser, Ganondorf, Ridley and many others were.
Would be a neat wyt to use the final stage of DKC2's Bonus World area where you fight Kaptain K.Rool for the second time. It had a name, just forgot it.

Also yeah the Mii Costumes where some hints of what the ballot results and / or Sakurai own rejected ideas. Like Heihachi for example, Sakurai said that he was planned at some point. Geno, probably the same thing. King K.Rool's Mii Costume however is quite damn detailed, it could hint towards K.Rool being in development at some point but dropped / saved for later (if next Smash is a port).

If the ballot wasn't a complete fraud, K.Rool has a somewhat decent shot. But I'd feel far more confident in his chances if he just appears in a new DKC game.

Speaking, I'm still curious of what might be the deal of 'K.Rool Str' in Mario Oddessey? And other DKC character streets of course.. Maybe certain DKC characters will actually appear in a main Mario game? Am mostly curious of what that will bring.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Moveset you say?

Just doing Specials for now, may do Smashes, Tilts etc later.

Neutral B: Boomerang Crown-K Rool throws his Crown forward, and after a second of lag it comes back to him.

Side B: Blunderbuss-K Rool pulls out his gun and fires, can be charged, but charging too long will cause it to explode in his face, causing self damage.

Up B: Helicopter Pack-His propeller thing spins fastly, lifting him up in the air.

Down B: Krusha Shcokwave-K Roll bounces on the ground, causing a small Shockwave to move forward.

Final Smash: Kanonball Rain:... Kanonballs rain from the sky. Duh.

That's all four personalities, one for King, one for Kaptain, one for Baron, one for Krusha.
Since I've been in the DKC mood lately, I've been playing the DKC trilogy for the SNES for about a week and that got me brainstorming some possible ideas the Kroc could use.

Jab: One-Two Punch - Performs a simple One-Two Punch combo.
(DK vs King Krusha K. Rool/DK64)

F-Tilt: Boomerang Boxing Glove - Throws his boxing glove that has a decent amount of range, has a boomerang affect to it, and you can angle it in 3 directions; similar to other f-tilts that you can angle in 3 directions like Bowser.
(Diddy vs King Krusha K. Rool/DK64)

U-Smash: Uppercut Punch - An uppercut punch that starts at a 210 degree angle that ends at a 90 degree angle; extremely strong and great anti-air option.
(Chunky vs King Krusha K. Rool/DK64)

Dash Attack: Blunderbuss Rocket - King K. Rool uses his blunderbuss to dash towards enemies at high, bursting speeds that even has a flame coming out of his blunderbuss that could possibly have a small hitbox as it covers him from behind a little bit as a nice bonus.
(Kaptain K. Rool/DKC2)

Grab: Blunderbuss Vacuum - This could give King K. Rool the most unique grab as it can sucks enemies in and shoots em out of his blunderbuss for all his throws as well as giving him one of the longest grab ranges in the game and can even somewhat interfere with those trying to recover.
(Kaptain K. Rool/DKC2)

Custom Side-B 2: Spike Cannonball - Can shoot out a spike cannon ball that bounces or stays on the ground depending on how you angle it; similar to King Dedede's gordos.
(Kaptain K. Rool/DKC2)

Custom Side-B 3: Movement Altering Gases - Can shoot 3 different types of gases in a swirly motion from his blunderbuss. The blue gas freezes enemies, the red gas slows down enemies, and the purple gas inverses enemies controls horizontally.
(Kaptain K. Rool/DKC2)

I've also been thinking on how to implement his lighting traps in DKC3 since that's one of the main obstacles that you have to avoid against Baron K. Roolenstein + I love lighting based abilities. Would it even work as a possible D-Smash/Special move? Speaking of the scientist, whenever he gets hit in his boss fight, he flaps his arms around, kind of like Dedede's nair. That'd be funny if that was his nair.

Last thing I've got. King K. Rool can turn invisible in some of the Donkey Kong games that he's in like DKC2 and DK64. What if that was all of his dodge animations like spot dodge, air dodge, and roll?

Last edited:
Would be a neat wyt to use the final stage of DKC2's Bonus World area where you fight Kaptain K.Rool for the second time. It had a name, just forgot it.
Krocodile Kore? It would definitely be a fitting place, as it's like an altar.

Maybe certain DKC characters will actually appear in a main Mario game? Am mostly curious of what that will bring.
It would be neat, but I don't expect any DKC characters other than DK himself make an appearance. I have a feeling DK might be the boss of New Donk City, though...

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Hopefully the former.

I reckon the next NEW DKC will be his time to return.
Same here hopefully. I noticed a lot of Nintendo western made characters (especially villains) tend to get snuffed nowadays by the other Nintendo Company in Japan.

D

Deleted member

So I'm not the only one that saw "Queen K. Rool" and immediately thought of K. Rool dressed in drag.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
So I'm not the only one that saw "Queen K. Rool" and immediately thought of K. Rool dressed in drag.
You totally weren't, I assure you. :laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But seriously , the idea of a Queen K.Rool is good, I just need a way to make it fit without upsurpig King K.Rool himself. Tho, Kaptain and Baron also couldn't do that. I'd accept it as a K.Rool version in a sequel to whatever brings King K.Rool himself back.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Antthing works. And am still down with the idea of K.Rool being a boos you fight multiple times and each time with a different persona / outfit. That could be a trend they could give him in each give to give him some extra staying power.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Antthing works. And am still down with the idea of K.Rool being a boos you fight multiple times and each time with a different persona / outfit. That could be a trend they could give him in each give to give him some extra staying power.
So multiple boss fights within the same game going over all his past personas thus far, and maybe a few new ones? Regular old King K. Rool, Kaptain, Baron, and Krusha. I think that'd make for a great komeback for the king.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So multiple boss fights within the same game going over all his past personas thus far, and maybe a few new ones? Regular old King K. Rool, Kaptain, Baron, and Krusha. I think that'd make for a great komeback for the king.
I wasn't actually speaking of the older personas, but sure that would work too. Had the idea of K.Rool's persona fitting with the location or world he's in. Say a dessert theme, Pharaoh K.Rool. Medival theme? Knight K.Rool. Am pretty sure he could make anything fit.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
How about.. King K Rool and Queen K Rool as sort of like an ''Evil'' couple? Or is King too self-centered to have a girlfriend?
One of K. Rool's lines in DKC3 implied hat he might have a wife, though considering the line of his that implies it was probably done just for the sake of humor, it's hard to say how true the line in question really was.

so now that the super smash flash 2 beta is released and playing it for about 20 mins i have got to say that it is jam packed with content, if i didnt know any better i would think it was nintendo official,the ganplank galleon stage looks great and there was a rambi the rhino assist trophy

so now that the super smash flash 2 beta is released and playing it for about 20 mins i have got to say that it is jam packed with content, if i didnt know any better i would think it was nintendo official,the ganplank galleon stage looks great and there was a rambi the rhino assist trophy
Hopefully K. Rool will make it to the full game... even though we'll probably have to wait half a dekade before it releases.

Top Bottom