• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Glad to see the Kampaign is still kicking. Here's a bit of art of the King.

Man, I struggled way too much drawing him, I hope he came out ok. Any other Kutthroat artists around? I could really use some pointers on how to draw him right, I wanted to do a more dynamic pose but I settled on this so I could get the picture done.

Last edited:

Man, I struggled way too much drawing him, I hope he came out ok. Any other Kutthroat artists around? I could really use some pointers on how to draw him right, I wanted to do a more dynamic pose but I settled on this so I could get the picture done.
It turned out quite spektakular, imo.

you did a great job actually.

personally the body parts that sometimes give me trouble for k.rool are his snout,eyes,crown and the one that usually gives me the most trouble is his feet.

but you did great,nice snout and crown,eyes are good,chest and belly shape are good though the chest shapes are different,muscle's look great too.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
you did a great job actually.

personally the body parts that sometimes give me trouble for k.rool are his snout,eyes,crown and the one that usually gives me the most trouble is his feet.

but you did great,nice snout and crown,eyes are good,chest and belly shape are good though the chest shapes are different,muscle's look great too.
Thanks!

What gave me a lot of trouble were his legs, I just can't figure out how they work and even after drawing them it still looks off. I actually have no idea how to draw muscles either, so I'm a bit surprised you think they're good. Not too sure I got the cape right either. His face is my favorite bit, surprisingly fun to draw.

Thanks!

What gave me a lot of trouble were his legs, I just can't figure out how they work and even after drawing them it still looks off. I actually have no idea how to draw muscles either, so I'm a bit surprised you think they're good. Not too sure I got the cape right either. His face is my favorite bit, surprisingly fun to draw.
yes his legs are in my opinion the hardest thing to draw, also here is a gift from one kutthroat artist to another i hope you like it but i edited your drawing a bit and colored it.

all of the credit goes to you of course, i just felt like coloring him for some reason and when i get the urge to draw i dont stop until i am done. click to zoom so you can see JamesDNaux JamesDNaux work in more detail

changes are, fixed his right chestplate(our left) gave his eye vains,added shadow to his crown,added yellow cape pattern, added depth line to the butt of the blunderbuss and shaded things as best as i could, i hope you like it.

Last edited:

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Sup K. Rool supporters!

As someone who has played Donkey Kong Country 1-3 and Donkey Kong 64 (including 102% DKC2 and 101% DK64), King K. Rool is one of my top 3 or 4 most wanted potential newcomers and is BY FAR my #1 most wanted new Nintendo character who I felt got snubbed and should of gotten a slot in Smash 4 imo.

Him and Ridley I feel are the last BIG NAMES from the old days that have yet to become a playable character in Nintendo's biggest crossover series and have waited far too long.

I just came across this video on youtube that goes into detail on what K. Rool has to offer and mostly shares ideas that I agree with and/or I think is...actually kind of genius.

Hope the Kroc finally makes his Smash debut soon. It'll definitely be his and ours finest hour.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Sup K. Rool supporters!

Welcome aboard, fellow Kutthroat! :grin:

and 101% DK64
You might want to go back and get the recently-discovered 977th hidden coin, so as to have found absolutely everything. :laugh:

I just came across this video on youtube that goes into detail on what K. Rool has to offer and mostly shares ideas that I agree with and/or I think is...actually kind of genius.

Hope the Kroc finally makes his Smash debut soon. It'll definitely be his and ours finest hour.
Funnily enough, that video was actually created by a member here - @Delzethin.

Last edited:
you can never have enough gangplank galleon remixes.
this one sounds more like a kremlings national anthem(k.rools running for president), if only smash had as much gangplank remixes as it does the jungle theme.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
you can never have enough gangplank galleon remixes.
this one sounds more like a kremlings national anthem(k.rools running for president), if only smash had as much gangplank remixes as it does the jungle theme.
That was awesome, and a refreshingly different approach from Gangplank Galleon remixes just going with a rock style from the outset. Thanks for posting it! :grin:

I wonder if there are any similarly-good remixes of the extended Gangplank Galleon theme, "Galleon Goa", from Donkey Kong Land? :confused:

Sakurai probably thinks the same about DK Island Swing...
Y'know, I'm starting to get the feeling that he does! :laugh:

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Is there any DKC music mixed with reggae elements? I'd listen to that all day. And the musical genre fits amazingly with DKC.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Is there any DKC music mixed with reggae elements? I'd listen to that all day. And the musical genre fits amazingly with DKC.
I read that as Reggie elements at first and had to double take. :p

That aside, I'd like some more variety when it comes to remixes in Smash as well. They're pretty much always fantastic, but it'd be neat if they covered some more genres.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I read that as Reggie elements at first and had to double take. :p

That aside, I'd like some more variety when it comes to remixes in Smash as well. They're pretty much always fantastic, but it'd be neat if they covered some more genres.
Yeah I'd like that to, cause a sort of stereotype about gamers is that we all listen to rock, metal or techno, while I really don't like any of those genres at all.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Yeah I'd like that to, cause a sort of stereotype about gamers is that we all listen to rock, metal or techno, while I really don't like any of those genres at all.
If that's an actual stereotype then it's certainly news to me.

That aside, I do like those genre's but having a lot more variety with some jazz, electro swing, pop, synth,perhaps even some straight up classical renditions (maybe baroque pop would be more fitting in this case?), would be nice. I suppose not all of those would be too fitting in some cases, but we already have music in that doesn't feel suited for fighting included, so I don't think that should be an issue.

There are already some standout remixes that I'm particularly fond of like Smash For's remixes of Destroyed Skyworld, King Dedede's Theme, and Route 10 from Pokemon Black and White. More stuff like these is what I'd like, plus a few more genres on top of the usual stuff we get.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
That aside, I do like those genre's but having a lot more variety with some jazz, electro swing, pop, synth,perhaps even some straight up classical renditions (maybe baroque pop would be more fitting in this case?), would be nice.
I'm in a similar boat. I like those genres, but I'm also quite fond of synth, electronic, orchestral, jazz, and, occasionally, acapella. It still amazes me that Smash 3DS/Wii U has a few acapella pieces (my favourites being the Pilotwings and Nintendogs ones), as it's not a game where I would've expected to hear them.

King Dedede's Theme
The version of this in Smash 3DS, played on traditional instruments, is fantastic.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I'm in a similar boat. I like those genres, but I'm also quite fond of synth, electronic, orchestral, jazz, and, occasionally, acapella. It still amazes me that Smash 3DS/Wii U has a few acapella pieces (my favourites being the Pilotwings and Nintendogs ones), as it's not a game where I would've expected to hear them.

The version of this in Smash 3DS, played on traditional instruments, is fantastic.
It's in both versions, and the only reason I play on The Great Cave Offensive. Well the Omega version at least.

Pilotwings is another fantastic example and another of my favorites. I just really wish we got the new remix of Ashley's Theme that only got into the Japanese version. Her Brawl remix was of course very good as well, and we did get Bramble Blast. Each game in the series has had it's fair share of great remixes. And going over a lot of the tracks, Smash For is still pretty varied as well, I guess people focus on the rock remixes a lot because lot's of franchises that had music introduced use a lot of rock instruments. Mega Man, Xenoblade, the new FD theme, etc.

As a whole though there's still a good variety if you actually go through all the music tracks.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Wasn't aware that stereotype about gamers and those particular genres of music existed either, but can see how it would. May like all those, but there's plenty others I like too; wasn't hard for me to get to like symphonic and orchestra and such from gaming soundtracks of various series after all. DKC's general music I could listen to all day too, but yeah.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
I agree with you guys on the Pilotwings music piece being awesome. I didn't care much for the SNES music soundtrack except for the opening leitmotif and the hang glider music. The fact that Smash Bros remixed the light plane music and made it awesome gets high marks in my book. (In fact a Japanese fan named Deeen555 had a headcanon that the singing voice could easily sound like Shirley's from the first Pilotwings!)

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
Just to know whether or not I should support K. Rool, why do people want him in Smash?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Just to know whether or not I should support K. Rool, why do people want him in Smash?
There are a lot of reasons, and the first stop for the answers you're looking for has got to be the first post of the old K. Rool support-thread from the previous round of speculation, which was authored by BKupa666 BKupa666 .

That aside, I'm sure that you'll get a lot of different answers here, so I'll share my own thoughts on it, too;

For me, K. Rool is my favourite Nintendo villain (and has long been a widespread fan-favourite ever since he was a pretty new character), and I've hoped to see him added since Melee was new. He's a famous face from a time that was considered to be a golden age of gaming, and I still regard him as a worthy foe that I'd like to pit myself against in Smash. Reason being, Smash currently only has three villains - Bowser, Bowser Jr., and Ganondorf - and of these three, the only genuinely evil one is Ganondorf, which makes for a grand total of one guy who needs to be stopped.

It's also pretty sad to see DK and Diddy without their eternal nemesis to fight against - after all, one part of Smash's appeal is getting an opportunity to play as, or against, boss characters who rarely get playable roles under circumstances outside of the ones set by their home-games.

Many of these are also much the same reasons that I'd like to see Wart and Andross added, too, come to think of it. :laugh:

Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I played DKC 2 for the 1st time not long ago, and boy, what an amazing game, and tough as hell too, there´s still much potential for DK content in Smash, and i think K. Rool and Gangplank Galleon combo with some sweet DK music thrown in would be a dream come true.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Despite my constant silence on these boards, i still support the Krokodile King none the less.

Yeah i know how this goes.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Just a quick heads-up, guys: Fangamer has put this poster design, "Banana Bounty", into their "Posterpocalypse" sale, and it now costs $8;

If you want to get one while they still have some left in stock, you can do so here. It won't get a reprint after this.

I just thought that I'd mention it because it's all about Gangplank Galleon, and K. Rool appears on the poster both in person, and as the ship's figurehead - and there's a whole krew of Kremlings, to boot! ;)

this might be old and know already but here is a mod that puts k.rool over bowser in smash 4 so we can see how a k.rool bowser clone would work, personally it doesnt fit him in my opinion but cool nontheless

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
this might be old and know already but here is a mod that puts k.rool over bowser in smash 4 so we can see how a k.rool bowser clone would work, personally it doesnt fit him in my opinion but cool nontheless
It doesn't real fit K.Rool as you said, but it is nice to see him in Smash like that.

The Scott Pilgrim one is easily the best, ROB Bastion is just great, Peach kinda looks creepy that skinny.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
My brother told me earlier that First 4 Figures apparently had a King K.Rool figure in the works, likely only a concept image was shown (but has disappeared since). If there really is a K.Rool figure, it must be in the vault. When they're usually in the vault, they tend to get taken out again if the opportunity arises (aka new game to advertise, e.g. Breath of the Wild Link statue), or if they successfully convince Nintendo (or what company the character and IP are owned by) to allow them to go ahead with the figure project (Meta Ridley). Sure would be great to get a K.Rool figure, I'd sure buy one if he did.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Bring back K. Rool, bring back K. Rool! Thought I'd just say that. It's been so long since we've heard anything DK related. Sure hope we get something good at e3. I mean, it's been quite a long time since we've heard from Retro Studios latley. I want some amiibos and action figures released here, maybe even some cool new posters.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
It's great to see members of the old krew back again and that support for the king hasn't disappeared. I supported K. Rool back during Smash 4 speculation and I'm back once again to pledge my allegiance and support to the King.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Hi! So, my mother loves DKC and we used to play it together all the time. I'm always down for some DK love, and the Kroc King/Kaptain is by far the best choice. Count me in! I mean.. Kount me in :)
Welcome aboard new K. Rool fan or rather welcome aboard Kutthroat!

Got any ideas for a moveset? I would like to see moves pulled from all of his personas, personally.

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
Moveset you say?

Just doing Specials for now, may do Smashes, Tilts etc later.

Neutral B: Boomerang Crown-K Rool throws his Crown forward, and after a second of lag it comes back to him.

Side B: Blunderbuss-K Rool pulls out his gun and fires, can be charged, but charging too long will cause it to explode in his face, causing self damage.

Up B: Helicopter Pack-His propeller thing spins fastly, lifting him up in the air.

Down B: Krusha Shcokwave-K Roll bounces on the ground, causing a small Shockwave to move forward.

Final Smash: Kanonball Rain:... Kanonballs rain from the sky. Duh.

That's all four personalities, one for King, one for Kaptain, one for Baron, one for Krusha.

D

Deleted member

King K. Rool the Nintendo Switch is out, and doing well wheather it be Donkey Kong Country or Super Smash Bros. I hope you'll be a part. Of that success.

Top Bottom