• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K Rools are fun

Avvin

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6972-4855-6876
I try not to be an overly spammy and predictable belmont, I try to actually zone and mix up and you know improve. That said, am I the only one who enjoys schooling a k Rool that thinks he can out spam us?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
As a K Rool main — yes, Blunderbuss and Crown Toss chain into each other well, in the sense that by the time one's animation is finished, the other's projectile is usable again. They still both have enough lag and narrow enough coverage that "spamming" them is infeasible, especially for scrubs such as myself who can’t properly utilize all of the game's mobility options to mix up where the hitboxes are going. Do people seriously try spamming projectiles with such hilarious amounts of cooldown?!

Avvin

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6972-4855-6876
Yes I have encounter a lot of k rools that double down on hanging out on the edge and try to catch you with blunderbuss Kirby style and shoot you off while throwing out crowns.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Yes I have encounter a lot of k rools that double down on hanging out on the edge and try to catch you with blunderbuss Kirby style and shoot you off while throwing out crowns.
Again, the startup of Blunderbuss makes the utility of this strategy questionable; I have seen it used successfully in Little Z's "K. Rool is OP" montage, but that involved him having been juggled up to almost passing the top blast line, so he had plenty of time to set the vacuum up. If trying to edgeguard in this fashion with just his own mobility, K. Rool would need to use up his double jump to have enough time to start up his Blunderbuss vacuum and be in position to catch his enemy near the ledge (and obviously, if the opponent realizes what K. Rool is doing and stays out of range of the vacuum, this cheese strategy won’t work; I highly doubt a high-level player would fall for such shenanigans more than once, assuming that they even get caught a first time). I shouldn’t need to spell out the problems entailed by using up your double jump offstage (but just in case I do, the same montage includes an instance of Little Z using up his double jump to get into position to Dair a Jigglypuff offstage for a KO, but by the time he was able to use his Up+B, he was too far down to make it to the ledge; if he still had his double jump, he would have managed to get to the ledge).

Oh, and while typing this post, I completely forgot that this thread is on the Simon/Richter board, which makes it even more laughable that you're complaining about Blunderbuss vacuum stage spike cheese. I could understand your frustration if you were someone like Little Mac, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, or Incineroar who has no real ranged options and would have to put themselves at risk of getting caught in K. Rool's “trap” (I use that term loosely) in order to punish him for it. But you're a freaking Belmont! You have a perfect answer — just pelt K. Rool with axes!!!

Last edited:

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
As a KKR main, the Belmonts are one of the few characters i opt to not even use my projectiles unless im using it in a combo/edgeguard.
Your projectiles win, plus im better off reflecting boomercross and then charging in. The amount of times that works is kinda sad...

Avvin

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6972-4855-6876
As a KKR main, the Belmonts are one of the few characters i opt to not even use my projectiles unless im using it in a combo/edgeguard.
Your projectiles win, plus im better off reflecting boomercross and then charging in. The amount of times that works is kinda sad...
I'll admit, I tend to forget y'all can do that

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Probably because its one of the most unwieldy reflects in the game.
You could argue Mewtwo is pretty bad but he doesnt have the massive endlag because its also a counter.

Its directional and very hard to spot-turn with it (least for me)
Only actually will reflect for half a second its up.

Most KKRs dont use it because its very easy to miss and get really punished for it.

Top Bottom