• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Justice Smith, star of Detective Pikachu, doubts a Detective Pikachu 2

detectivepikachu.jpg

Hoping for a Detective Pikachu sequel? In an interview with Inverse, when asked about a Detective Pikachu 2, he said the following:

"I would love to participate in Detective Pikachu 2. I don't know if it's going to happen. I think we have to just kind of bury our hopes. I don't think it's going to happen. I really hope so though. Honestly, I'm such a huge fan, who knows, who knows? I hope so."

The last time he was asked was over a year ago. While last year it was reported that a new live action movie is in the works, we don't know if it will be directly Detective Pikachu related or just Pokemon. It is also possible that a Detective Pikachu 2 could be in the works but Justice Smith hasn't been asked yet, or won't be returning. Who knows? Nintendo has shown an interest to more movies, though.

Author's Note: Now I'm really curious to see what's up with the next Live Action Pokemon movie. I thought the Pokemon in the first looked incredible. Your thoughts? Let us know below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

The way the movie was written sort of shot itself in the foot for a sequel. They would have to force the change-to-Pikachu to occur and it would just be so cringe at that point. Though it is possible to have another live action Pokemon movie if the team really wanted to; there's just so much content and possible stories. It'd be cool to expand their canon universe to include inspired-by-real-places regions that will most likely never be featured in a game.

The way the movie was written sort of shot itself in the foot for a sequel. They would have to force the change-to-Pikachu to occur and it would just be so cringe at that point. Though it is possible to have another live action Pokemon movie if the team really wanted to; there's just so much content and possible stories. It'd be cool to expand their canon universe to include inspired-by-real-places regions that will most likely never be featured in a game.
Indeed. I want to see a sequel, but they kinda killed their main concept. As you said, they shot themselves in the foot. Who knows what they'll do for another movie.

Top Bottom