• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Justice Always Triumphs." - Ryu Hayabusa for Smash Switch! (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
One thing we have to hold our breath for is Friday. If we get a Ninja Gaiden Master Collection Spirit Event then it's over. So hold onto your butts everybody this could be devastating for Hayabusa fans.
Might also want to watch out for a Hayabusa Mii costume this Tuesday.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
One thing we have to hold our breath for is Friday. If we get a Ninja Gaiden Master Collection Spirit Event then it's over. So hold onto your butts everybody this could be devastating for Hayabusa fans.
Wouldn't that be already announced by now if that was the case?

Last edited:

TheBKFAN

Smash Cadet
Might also want to watch out for a Hayabusa Mii costume this Tuesday.
I don't think we'll see any Mii costumes on Tuesday unless Sakurai shadow drops a character. He'll want to do his normal showcase and Nintendo Treehouse is already planned after the Direct. Maybe we'll actually get the character later in the week at the earliest.

TheBKFAN

Smash Cadet
Wouldn't that be already announced by now if that was the case?
Maybe? Do they get announced day of or a few days before? Because it looks like events actually start on Fridays.

Ooop! I was wrong. Looks like they normally get announced two or days before they start!

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Maybe? Do they get announced day of or a few days before? Because it looks like events actually start on Fridays.

Ooop! I was wrong. Looks like they normally get announced two or days before they start!

I merged your posts, but in the future, if you want to make changes or add details to your post, you should use the Edit button rather than quoting yourself/double-posting.

Events (new spirit battles, times where certain types of spirits have a better chance of appearing, or tournaments) are usually announced on Tuesday at 8 or 9 pm (Eastern time) on the Japanese Smash Bros. Twitter account (SmashBrosJP). I think this weekend's event is a fire-themed tournament.

TheBKFAN

Smash Cadet
I merged your posts, but in the future, if you want to make changes or add details to your post, you should use the Edit button rather than quoting yourself/double-posting.

Events (new spirit battles, times where certain types of spirits have a better chance of appearing, or tournaments) are usually announced on Tuesday at 8 or 9 pm (Eastern time) on the Japanese Smash Bros. Twitter account (SmashBrosJP). I think this weekend's event is a fire-themed tournament.
Ah, noted! Much appreciated. Thank you!

MattX20

Smash Hero

That is correct. Tomorrow's tournament theme is based around fire

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
So uh... I see the Metacritic scores on the Master Collection aren't very high on either Switch (73 out of 11 reviews), PS4 (74 out of 21 reviews) or PC (72 out of 5 reviews)... That's not good...😟

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I heard that the first game runs fine, but that there were some performance issues with the others. Hopefully that gets resolved over time, but it's a shame that the game shipped out with frame rate issues and the like.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Yeah that’s a shame. I’ve been playing on the Switch and am currently on Chapter 3 of Ninja Gaiden Sigma. It’s been great so far, but I haven’t tried the other games yet. Team Ninja normally does a really good job at releasing patches and updates (Nioh and Nioh 2 were both patched very consistently), so hopefully this issue is resolved soon.

Last edited:

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Since I'm playing on PC, I haven't really run into any framerate and resolution problems. Although, the limited available resolutions (720p, 1080p, 4K) is a problem for those with other screen resolutions. The Switch is not as powerful as the other consoles Master Collection is on that it has to resort to Dynamic Resolution Scaling for more hectic visuals not to mention max resolution is 720p docked. I've heard Sigma 1 runs without issues on Switch though. Funny that Sigma 2, the game Team Ninja had to scale back originally for PS3 by reducing the number of enemies and increasing their health to compensate, still can't run as well on the more powerful Switch. It may just be a poor porting job on Team Ninja's part instead. Hopefully, they can fix it up because it really isn't doing the series' reputation any favors especially if they want to make a new sequel in the series.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
This is why I don't be in a rush to get games as soon as they come out. I'll wait until all the issues are fixed. They already said they're working on it.

However, from sounds of it, the Nintendolife review is exaggerating the problems and may not even be an accurate review.

So uh... I see the Metacritic scores on the Master Collection aren't very high on either Switch (73 out of 11 reviews), PS4 (74 out of 21 reviews) or PC (72 out of 5 reviews)... That's not good...😟
Actually, that's...not bad, to be honest.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Hey look, yet another missed opportunity for our ninja buddy... great

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Hey look, yet another missed opportunity for our ninja buddy... great

That's nothing to worry about.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
If you guys are planning to get Master Collection for Switch, don't expect things like pixelation in quality to be fixed. The game runs with Dynamic Resolution meaning resolution will automatically adjust to lower visuals to try and help framerate. Also, I don't prescribe to review scores all too much. If you wanna play a game, just play it. Most of the issues reviewers have on other console ports than Switch are due to missing features like online co-op, not adding anything new, and not already improving upon the original games' problems like the infamous terrible camera. It could be called a bare-bones port as some put it, a product Team Ninja pushed out there as an easy cash grab for Koei Tecmo with it being $40. I'm just happy we finally have a collection on modern platforms, although no online co-op/multiplayer is truly a travesty I will never understand...

The Steam port is also docked down for not having Keyboard+Mouse support and having atypical solutions to adjust resolution (limited to 720p, 1080p, 4K, 60fps cap). Resolution is adjusted externally through Steam as a launch argument and full screen is toggled by pressing the enlarge window button since the game always launches in windowed mode. Like, the ports really feel like they were ported directly from the Vita or PS3 versions with no adjustments to menus if that makes any sense (albeit with higher resolutions, better textures, and 60fps max).

Anyways, the games run fine, outside of Switch. Just expect the port to be at least playable. If you played the original Sigma games and Razor's Edge (on all consoles they were available on including Vita) nothing new is added for you. Also, rip online co-op, it really could've had a bigger audience in that department...

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
That's nothing to worry about.
Obviously.
But still, it’s an event tourney where Ryu would’ve definitely fit like a glove.
If he’s (hopefully) still yet to be revealed then it’s a bit of a shame they release these kind of event tourneys way too soon.

C0EAB11E-04A4-487C-996B-D96A54463125.jpeg
56D6C49E-6FF3-4CF0-8D47-16EE13CD1BAF.jpeg

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I've made it to chapter 4 of Ninja Gaiden Sigma. So far I think the game is stellar and it has been running great for me on Switch. Despite the gameplay feeling a bit clunky in some aspects, it still feels smooth overall and it feels great taking out a group of enemies. The soundtrack is also kickass but I looked through the digital OST and it doesn't seem like Unbreakable Determination is in this trilogy at all. If you ask me that song is underutilized but at least we got a badass remix in Warriors Orochi 3.

Going back to Sigma, oh boy the chapter 3 boss was a rude awakening. I died to him over 20 times, admittedly I made a lot of dumb mistakes but he still caught me off guard multiple times. If I struggled that much this early on then I'm in for a wild ride.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Obviously.
But still, it’s an event tourney where Ryu would’ve definitely fit like a glove.
If he’s (hopefully) still yet to be revealed then it’s a bit of a shame they release these kind of event tourneys way too soon.

View attachment 318717View attachment 318718
Well yeah, he most likely would have been part of that event.

I do hope they redo some of these events with DLC characters included. I would have loved for Hayabusa to be part of the Bringing Back The '80s tourney event.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Less than a day now.

View attachment 319134

Still have some faith in seeing Nintendo completing the long awaited ninja squad.
This would be an awesome trailer reveal for Hayabusa! And by that I mean that Sheik and Greninja could be the perfect characters to show fighting each other before Ryu shows up in a hypothetical Hayabusa reveal trailer.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
So the next character turned out to be Kazuya? Not excited but not complaining either. But it does show how unpredictable this series can be (though another Namco character isn't really THAT surprising).

Still one more character left, folks.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Kazuya is a pretty sweet addition, and was, in fact, my preferred Tekken rep.

I would have rather it have been Hayabusa - but I also have an All Content Ninja Gaiden video coming out next week for Source Gaming so at least that one is still relevant.

Don't give up hope! We still have one more fighter!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
With Fatal Frame being ported and Ninja Gaiden collection just come out, it really does seem strange Koei/Tecmo is like one of the few major Japanese publishers without a character playable in Smash.
It's literally just them and Level 5

cybersai

Smash Ace
I still wonder if the developers were just being coy about "not receiving their invite" because they couldn't hard confirm or deny.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
KAZUYA! HOLY *ING * IT'S KAZUYA!!! I HAVE LOST MY COLLECTIVE MIND! I MAIN KAZUYA, JIN, HEIHACHI, AND NEGAN IN TEKKEN 7! I NEVER THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE A REALITY!!!!!!!!! View attachment 319361
I LOVE TEKKEN! LIKE I SAID I MAIN NEGAN, HEIHACHI, JIN, AND KAZUYA! Legit me doing TEKKEN combos! https://twitter.com/RETROROTER/status/1388754159164436482?s=20 https://twitter.com/RETROROTER/status/1386239406684708865?s=20 https://twitter.com/RETROROTER/status/1385113478323638272?s=20
Is that an official image? Cause it's freakin' AWESOME! I'm happy to see Kazuya and Tekken get into Smash!
But damn though. There's one fighter left now...

cybersai

Smash Ace
Yes that's official art, posted on the twitters.

The last character is going to be hard. I'm hoping for either Ryu Hayabusa or Crash...knowing my luck it'll be neither of them.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Yes that's official art, posted on the twitters.

The last character is going to be hard. I'm hoping for either Ryu Hayabusa or Crash...knowing my luck it'll be neither of them.
Hey I've made a prediction for every challenger pack since Terry and Challenger Pack 4 and have been wrong every time. At this point, I have to concede that I'm not good at character predictions when it comes to Smash lol. So I'm just gonna stay quiet on that front.

That said, as much as I'm pulling for Crash, I'm not sure how likely we are to get another western character anymore. Today would've been the best place to show that, but now I just don't know. I guess I have to officially take Tales of off my list now though...

cybersai

Smash Ace
I think the only reason I can't rule out Hayabusa is because he feels like the last character to really be missing of older third party reps. Koei Tecmo has no playable character in Smash. They worked on Hyrule Warriors and many other games for Nintendo. It doesn't really makes sense why Nintendo wouldn't consider them given they let them work on Zelda.

Of course with only 1 slot open now the competition will be fierce, but it does feel like with deconfirms and other unlikely choices, his chances are still better than most.

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
Now comes the worst part of a new character... The Mii Costume anxiety. Really hope he is our last character tho! Go Ninja Go!

Top Bottom