• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Justice Always Triumphs." - Ryu Hayabusa for Smash Switch! (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ok so I don’t know if this was posted but Imran, someone who is indeed credible who has had insider knowledge (such as knowing Min Min) said that we shouldn’t have our expectations high for third party characters going forward, so should we not expect any third parties at all? Is this the end for our boy?View attachment 304426
Is this an actual post? Remember, these things can be faked, be it with inspect element or just 'shopping it.

If it is real, then it's a pretty strong hint. Imran is a known leaker with a track record for Smash. Though I'd be surprised if it was real, you'd expect something like this to get a lot more traction.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't think we should. If you ever paid attention to the music and voice test menus, you would notice the former has 2 empty spots left, implying the remaining 2 DLC fighters in this pass belong to series new to Smash Ultimate.
True if Fighter's Pass 2 is it. But if there's more DLC, than those empty slots could go to characters after FP2.

Mach Rider really isn't a series, and would be still in the miscellaneous category like several first party reps like ROB and Ice Climbers
Ayumi's games the Famicom Detective Club games are getting remakes and finally getting localized in the west. It's likely Famicom Detective Club could be taking the Kid Icarus route of being revived which means if Ayumi ever got into Smash, her music would likely be under her franchise than the miscellaneous category.

MattX20

Smash Hero
True if Fighter's Pass 2 is it. But if there's more DLC, than those empty slots could go to characters after FP2.

Ayumi's games the Famicom Detective Club games are getting remakes and finally getting localized in the west. It's likely Famicom Detective Club could be taking the Kid Icarus route of being revived which means if Ayumi ever got into Smash, her music would likely be under her franchise than the miscellaneous category.
So far, I am considering the two remaining fighters as the last ones unless proven otherwise. I'm also aware of the FDC revival, which is why I won't rule her out entirely.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
You know it’s surprising to me that Ryu Hayabusa has so much evidence for him and yet nothing has happened yet for him in terms of his inclusion, some characters didn’t have anything going for them (like Joker, Byleth, Min Min, Pyra and Mythra, Sephiroth) and others had A LOT going for them and they made it in (Banjo & Kazooie, Hero, Terry Bogard, Steve) so it surprises me that we have heard all this info from multiple insiders about Ryu Hayabusa and we have still not seen any of it come to fruition yet. We only have 2 spots left and Imran basically saying not to keep expectations to high in regards to 3rd parties doesn’t really help as he seems to be the person who knows more than he’s letting on (he might even know who the last two people are). For those who don’t know Imran is a credible insider who does have info and if he says that we should expect a lot of first party than I can’t just dismiss what he said, so it’s honestly really hard for me to say, Hayabusa is kind of in a tight spot at the moment, even if he is not in the next wave of Mii’s that doesn’t necessarily mean that his inclusion is assured and as for the discussions between Koei Tecmo and Nintendo in regards to Smash, we have NO idea what came of them. Was it just for Byleth? Was it just for the Hyrule Warriors spirit event? Who knows, all I know is that when it comes to Ryu Hayabusa, things just never work out for some reason, I’ve never seen a character have more evidence going for their inclusion (except maybe Banjo if you followed his speculation which I did cuz I wanted him) and it honestly kinda upsets me that he has so much and it still hasn’t happened yet. I have no idea what Brew and Shifty heard all the way back in base game but others that were heard back in Base game like MINECRAFT getting stuff and then they finally got it, Sephiroth was a name among insiders around that time and he happened, so if Ryu Hayabusa was one of those names it kinda hurts that he’s not here and this whole way of saying “don’t expect many third parties” from Imran doesn’t help my boy’s case. So I honestly don’t know what to feel at this point, this is probably the last of the DLC and I feel as though it’s kinda stupid to put the statement “we’ll bring more game worlds together” in the Mr. Sakurai Presents video when we’ve only gotten 1 new game world this pass with Steve, legit MINECRAFT is it in terms of a new game world and even then this pass has only been Nintendo, Microsoft, and Square Enix, ARMS and XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2 were already in base game, Same with FINAL FANTASY VII. I’m not dissing Min Min, Sephiroth, or Pyra and Mythra because I like all of them, but if your gonna “bring more game worlds together” then don’t say that unless you mean it cuz these worlds were already brought together, so unless the next two characters are from completely new series then that statement is BS. So yeah my overall points is that it ain’t really looking good for our boy and that even if characters like let’s say Lloyd or Monster Hunter are Mii’d next it doesn’t really help Ryu Hayabusa given Imran’s claims

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
You know it’s surprising to me that Ryu Hayabusa has so much evidence for him and yet nothing has happened yet for him in terms of his inclusion, some characters didn’t have anything going for them (like Joker, Byleth, Min Min, Pyra and Mythra, Sephiroth) and others had A LOT going for them and they made it in (Banjo & Kazooie, Hero, Terry Bogard, Steve) so it surprises me that we have heard all this info from multiple insiders about Ryu Hayabusa and we have still not seen any of it come to fruition yet. We only have 2 spots left and Imran basically saying not to keep expectations to high in regards to 3rd parties doesn’t really help as he seems to be the person who knows more than he’s letting on (he might even know who the last two people are). For those who don’t know Imran is a credible insider who does have info and if he says that we should expect a lot of first party than I can’t just dismiss what he said, so it’s honestly really hard for me to say, Hayabusa is kind of in a tight spot at the moment, even if he is not in the next wave of Mii’s that doesn’t necessarily mean that his inclusion is assured and as for the discussions between Koei Tecmo and Nintendo in regards to Smash, we have NO idea what came of them. Was it just for Byleth? Was it just for the Hyrule Warriors spirit event? Who knows, all I know is that when it comes to Ryu Hayabusa, things just never work out for some reason, I’ve never seen a character have more evidence going for their inclusion (except maybe Banjo if you followed his speculation which I did cuz I wanted him) and it honestly kinda upsets me that he has so much and it still hasn’t happened yet. I have no idea what Brew and Shifty heard all the way back in base game but others that were heard back in Base game like MINECRAFT getting stuff and then they finally got it, Sephiroth was a name among insiders around that time and he happened, so if Ryu Hayabusa was one of those names it kinda hurts that he’s not here and this whole way of saying “don’t expect many third parties” from Imran doesn’t help my boy’s case. So I honestly don’t know what to feel at this point, this is probably the last of the DLC and I feel as though it’s kinda stupid to put the statement “we’ll bring more game worlds together” in the Mr. Sakurai Presents video when we’ve only gotten 1 new game world this pass with Steve, legit MINECRAFT is it in terms of a new game world and even then this pass has only been Nintendo, Microsoft, and Square Enix, ARMS and XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2 were already in base game, Same with FINAL FANTASY VII. I’m not dissing Min Min, Sephiroth, or Pyra and Mythra because I like all of them, but if your gonna “bring more game worlds together” then don’t say that unless you mean it cuz these worlds were already brought together, so unless the next two characters are from completely new series then that statement is BS. So yeah my overall points is that it ain’t really looking good for our boy and that even if characters like let’s say Lloyd or Monster Hunter are Mii’d next it doesn’t really help Ryu Hayabusa given Imran’s claims
I'm having doubts about Ryu and the leaks as well, but this one comment from Imran is not enough to simply throw in the towel. "I can already go through this thread and tell who will be angry by the end of 2021" is way too vague. He could've just been talking about Pyra/Mythra, or perhaps there's only 1 more third party character. We just can't know, so let's not jump to conclusions until we get more information.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
What exactly has Imran been right about so far? Seems to me he just asked a question anybody would ask.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Is this an actual post? Remember, these things can be faked, be it with inspect element or just 'shopping it.

If it is real, then it's a pretty strong hint. Imran is a known leaker with a track record for Smash. Though I'd be surprised if it was real, you'd expect something like this to get a lot more traction.
It’s a real post.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Ah yes, a post made on Apr. 22, 2020, before Min Min was even revealed in June, and by extension, Steve and Sephiroth. The quote reads to me that he's saying people wanting 1st Parties will be the ones angry by the end of 2021 since, you know, he's posting in a thread asking if people would be okay if the rest of the 2nd pass was 1st Party which is clearly not the case now. Can any please confirm I am not reading his post wrong or something?

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
What exactly has Imran been right about so far? Seems to me he just asked a question anybody would ask.
He didn't ask a question, but posted a comment on the thread which True Blue Warrior linked to. Imran is a well known insider and has leaked Min Min (and other Smash stuff I believe) as well as content for other games, but I don't know too many specifics.

Ah yes, a post made on Apr. 22, 2020, before Min Min was even revealed in June, and by extension, Steve and Sephiroth. The quote reads to me that he's saying people wanting 1st Parties will be the ones angry by the end of 2021 since, you know, he's posting in a thread asking if people would be okay if the rest of the 2nd pass was 1st Party which is clearly not the case now. Can any please confirm I am not reading his post wrong or something?
Yea, now that I've gone over the thread it's a bit confusing what we're supposed to infer from his comment. Before he posts there's several people who say they'd prefer 1st party and several who'd prefer 3rd party. Whose anger is he referring to?

The only reason I can figure that people believe he's implying there will be more first party content is that most people don't get angry about 3rd party content in general. It isn't really clear though.

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't really matter when he made that post. He could've easily had all the information regarding the second pass before Min Min was even revealed.

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
Historically it’s very hard for a leaker to know the full pass and given how well Nintendo has kept leaks this pass, I doubt any leaker knows the full list
Steve in Smash was in the plans for 5 years, and Vergeben said that Ultimate would have Minecraft representation in some way, and he claimed that before Ken and Incineroar were revealed as the last two characters in the base roster.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Steve in Smash was in the plans for 5 years, and Vergeben said that Ultimate would have Minecraft representation in some way, and he claimed that before Ken and Incineroar were revealed as the last two characters in the base roster.
Vergeben only had a good grasp at base game characters and got lucky guessing Steve. DLC is a entirely different ball game from base game as Nintendo keeps the DLC stuff even more under wraps.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
He didn't ask a question, but posted a comment on the thread which True Blue Warrior linked to. Imran is a well known insider and has leaked Min Min (and other Smash stuff I believe) as well as content for other games, but I don't know too many specifics.
Yeah, I see now that the second part was his reply. I don't see how that's the same as saying the rest of the characters are going to be first party.

But the fact that was made last year before Steve and Sephiroth was revealed, that's clearly not the case.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Remember some leaks and rumors (which are real of course) just take much longer to come to fruition than others, it could be as simple as Sakurai wanting to develop Ryu much later in the pass than the other fighters. I'm still holding on to hope of course, there's nothing that hit Ryu's chances imo

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Hey all! I've just completed the entirety of Nioh 2's main campaign, all 3 DLC's, and every single non-main mission only on the default difficulty (Dream of the Samurai), and it only took me just over 130 hours..! I don't think I'll play this game again and go through the rest of the difficulties if it takes me this long... At least, not anytime soon... I know I played through Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Sigma 2, Razor's Edge, and Dragon Sword all up to the highest difficulties but Nioh 2 just takes way too long for me to get through it once. Maybe I'll just skip all the sub-missions entirely next time...

Anyways, here's another ancestor of Ryu's, Ren Hayabusa.
nioh2_renhayabusa50.png

nioh2_renhayabusa_150.png

nioh2_renhayabusa_dragonsword45.png

nioh2_renhayabusa_ultimatetechnique45.png

nioh2_renhayabusa_falconstalons245.png

nioh2_renhayabusa_flyingswallow45.png

nioh2_renhayabusa_inferno45.png

nioh2_renhayabusa_inferno245.png

nioh2_renhayabusa_windblades45.png

nioh2_renhayabusa_piercingvoid45.png

nioh2_renhayabusa_piercingvoid245.png

nioh2_renhayabusa_izunadrop45.png
He's literally Ryu, guess that's what it means to be a Hayabusa ninja.

On another note, I have hope that, if Ryu is in Smash, the reason he's taking so long is because Koei Tecmo wanted to hold off on him until Ninja Gaiden Master Collection came out like how Hero was revealed for Smash after DQXIS on Switch was revealed. Also, he could possibly have multiple weapons to work with given stance/transformation characters in the form of Pyra/Mythra are a possibility now.

Attachments

Last edited:

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
You know I just thought that since Pokémon Trainer had glitches recently which pointed to Pyra and Mythra’s swap mechanic, maybe we should see if Shiek and Greninja have glitches in Ver 11.0 😂

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
You know I just thought that since Pokémon Trainer had glitches recently which pointed to Pyra and Mythra’s swap mechanic, maybe we should see if Shiek and Greninja have glitches in Ver 11.0 😂
If you must know, Sheik has a very specific glitch where her Burst Grenade (Side Special) stops working when anyone on the battlefield has a spirit effect of Item Gravitation or the Healing-Item Attraction Skill Tree skill in WoL. This has been an issue for her in the last several patches as it hasn't been patched yet. I've half a mind to report it to Nintendo to get it fixed but it really doesn't bother me because I don't use Sheik and I don't play Spirit Battles.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
If you must know, Sheik has a very specific glitch where her Burst Grenade (Side Special) stops working when anyone on the battlefield has a spirit effect of Item Gravitation or the Healing-Item Attraction Skill Tree skill in WoL. This has been an issue for her in the last several patches as it hasn't been patched yet. I've half a mind to report it to Nintendo to get it fixed but it really doesn't bother me because I don't use Sheik and I don't play Spirit Battles.
Actually I heard about that once but then someone told me that it was because that move of Sheik’s specifically was being updated in the patch so that’s why there was glitches as they were fixing her so that might not point to a Smash character unless of course there have been instances in the past that despite the character themselves being worked on in the patch and then a future character having similarities but I haven’t seen that yet. So basically from my understanding the character that’s glitching can’t have anything to do with update patches, for example Daisy’s clothes being all funky when nothing about her had to be tweaked or as I said the recent Pokémon Trainer swap glitch cuz Pokémon Trainer wasn’t touched. However I will say it is interesting that THAT specific move of Sheik always seems to have a problem and if I had to compare, her side b kinda reminds me of Ryu Hayabusa’s incendiary shuriken

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hey all! I've just completed the entirety of Nioh 2's main campaign, all 3 DLC's, and every single non-main mission only on the default difficulty (Dream of the Samurai), and it only took me just over 130 hours..! I don't think I'll play this game again and go through the rest of the difficulties if it takes me this long... At least, not anytime soon... I know I played through Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Sigma 2, Razor's Edge, and Dragon Sword all up to the highest difficulties but Nioh 2 just takes way too long for me to get through it once. Maybe I'll just skip all the sub-missions entirely next time...

Anyways, here's another ancestor of Ryu's, Ren Hayabusa. He's literally Ryu, guess that's what it means to be a Hayabusa ninja.

On another note, I have hope that, if Ryu is in Smash, the reason he's taking so long is because Koei Tecmo wanted to hold off on him until Ninja Gaiden Master Collection came out like how Hero was revealed for Smash after DQXIS on Switch was revealed. Also, he could possibly have multiple weapons to work with given stance/transformation characters in the form of Pyra/Mythra are a possibility now.
Yeah Jin Hayabusa in Nioh 1 is just straight NES Ryu but Ren is one of the coolest ****ing Hayabusa designs ever and I’m in love with it. It’s become a dream of mine that Ninja Gaiden 4 or it’s DLC will jump back in time and tell the story of Jin and Ren because they both seem like extremely cool personalities and the era they respectively became masters in would be awesome to see in NG.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So what’s your guys thoughts on Concert leak, real or fake?
A part of me is afraid it might be real, but another part of me says there isn't enough evidence to confirm otherwise. I honestly hope it doesn't turn out true as I would be a little upset if Crash and Monster Hunter are the last characters even with Crash at the end.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
I think it's fake.
Yeah Jin Hayabusa in Nioh 1 is just straight NES Ryu but Ren is one of the coolest ****ing Hayabusa designs ever and I’m in love with it. It’s become a dream of mine that Ninja Gaiden 4 or it’s DLC will jump back in time and tell the story of Jin and Ren because they both seem like extremely cool personalities and the era they respectively became masters in would be awesome to see in NG.
Man, having a Ninja Gaiden game set in the past with Nioh (2)'s setting and all the yokai in it in place of fiends would be awesome. Nioh 2's Switchglaive, Splitstaff, and Fist weapons are basically Ryu's Eclipse Scythe, Lunar Staff, and Falcon's Talons, it would just work so well.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I honestly don't know. I'll be keeping my eye on it. The Pyra and Mythra prediction is impressive, and the fact that they listed the track that was played during their reveal trailer was even more interesting. I want Crash, but I'll be bummed if we don't end up seeing Ryu obviously.

The fact it's 3 hours or so and the fact that a Monster Hunter song that is already in the base game makes it rather suspicious. The former especially.
The length could change since they're apparently in the planning stages, but I don't think 3 hours is impossible either.

As for the MH track they may just like that track a lot?

Reminder that the Monster Hunter costumes from 4 have yet to come back. They probably won't amount to anything, if they follow the precedent set by previous costumes returning as DLC.

Edit: checks leak in question
It's a text leak from /v/, yet again

This community never learns, does it? 😒
Well, it's not like a text leak has never been real. We'll just have to see.

I think the thing that breaks it is Dragon Quest given how Sugiyama is.
To be fair, he clearly makes exceptions given we had the orchestrated tracks in Hero's reveal trailer.

cybersai

Smash Ace
What actually amuses me about most of these leaks, even if most of them are likely fake...is that Ryu Hayabusa is on nearly every one of them. Like sometimes the leaks alternate between other characters like Monster Hunter, a Tales character, a Capcom or Namco character, Crash, etc....but Ryu Hayabusa is on nearly all of them.

At least he's on most peoples minds, at any rate. lol

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
I really think Ryu Hayabusa’s fate will be determined next Thursday during the Mr. Sakurai Presents video, so here are the scenarios that I’m thinking of (and please don’t bash me I’m just stating what I’m thinking how things will go IF the following happens):
1.) Monster Hunter and Lloyd Irving Mii Costumes return alongside Pyra and Mythra and no Ryu Hayabusa Mii Costume is shown off which means he could be one of the last two fighters
2.) Monster Hunter Mii Costume returns but the Lloyd Irving Mii Costume doesn’t return which means it could return alongside Ryu Hayabusa or Lloyd may be a fighter himself
3.) Lloyd Mii Costume and Ryu Hayabusa Mii Costume happen and Monster Hunter is one of the two final characters
Basically what I’m saying is, we’ll probably get a better idea about our options after the Mii Costumes are shown off. Also curious question, do you guys think that the Nintendo and Koei Tecmo discussions about Smash that happened were just about the Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity Event? Or do you guys think that there’s still more Koei Tecmo to come?

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Also curious question, do you guys think that the Nintendo and Koei Tecmo discussions about Smash that happened were just about the Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity Event? Or do you guys think that there’s still more Koei Tecmo to come?
At this point, I'm only merely hoping that there's more Koei Tecmo content to come, in the form of Hayabusa being a playable character. I don't think about what's coming unless I know for sure.

However, I do find it hard to believe that the idea of a Koei Tecmo character in Smash didn't come up in any of these discussions at all. Sakurai, Nintendo, or Koei Tecmo had to have been thinking about it at some point and discussed it, so we just simply have to wait and see everything that these talks led to.

This could be another Atlus situation, in which they added a character from a Fire Emblem crossover game made by a third-party company before revealing a character from that same company.

Last edited:

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
At this point, I'm only merely hoping that there's more Koei Tecmo content to come, in the form of Hayabusa being a playable character. I don't think about what's coming unless I know for sure.

However, I do find it hard to believe that the idea of a Koei Tecmo character in Smash didn't come up in any of these discussions at all. Sakurai, Nintendo, or Koei Tecmo had to have been thinking about it at some point and discussed it, so we just simply have to wait and see everything that these talks led to.

This could be another Atlus situation, in which they added a character from a Fire Emblem crossover game made by a third-party company before revealing a character from that same company.
Wait what ATLUS character are you talking about? (obviously not Joker)

Last edited:
Top Bottom