• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Justice Always Triumphs." - Ryu Hayabusa for Smash Switch! (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
May I remind you that we've had Palutena and Wii Fit Trainer as E3 reveals
I'd also bring attention to last year's E3 (which didn't happen, unfortunately) where Min Min was released in June.
So will Fighters pass 2 end with a double reveal?
That could very well be a possibility since it'd be just under 4 months to E3 now.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
There might not be a reveal before and at E3 at all, just saying.
Well It's still likely for a reveal to occur at E3. And once again, Sakurai officially confirmed that Fighters Pass 2 will be the final DLC, unless we get any additional/bonus surprise DLC.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
May I remind you that we've had Palutena and Wii Fit Trainer as E3 reveals
True, but I was talking about third party reveals, which have always been huge icons or highly requested characters at E3. Even looking at E3 reveals as a whole we've always gotten at least one character that was an icon or highly requested. True, we got Palutena and Wii Fit, but we also got Pac-Man and Mega-Man with them as well. If we DO get a double reveal at E3, I think Ryu is more likely. I'm not going to say it's impossible either way.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
True, but I was talking about third party reveals, which have always been huge icons or highly requested characters at E3. Even looking at E3 reveals as a whole we've always gotten at least one character that was an icon or highly requested. True, we got Palutena and Wii Fit, but we also got Pac-Man and Mega-Man with them as well. If we DO get a double reveal at E3, I think Ryu is more likely. I'm not going to say it's impossible either way.
I guess last year doesn't mean much since E3 didn't happen but we did only get Min Min in June. I highly doubt Steve was meant to be an E3 reveal as well considering Steve was revealed and released in October, 4 months after the cancelled E3. But of course you can make a case that Covid delayed things quite a bit.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I still doubt a Ryu E3 reveal. I'll post what I said earlier in the thread:
Thing is, the Ninja Gaiden series has such a huge fanbase that Hayabusa being revealed at E3 would generate a lot of hype, especially since he's been many people's wanted character for so many years. So I say it does have enough star power for an E3 reveal.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
If Ryu Hayabusa were to be the next character, who would you be most excited to see him crossover with?

Myself, as certified NES trash, i'd immediately want to do Mario V Link V Samus V Little Mac V Duck Hunt V Mega Man V Simon V Ryu
Pretty much all of those characters you said plus Pac-Man, the Ice Climbers, Pit and Snake too.

Also I guess a couple of screenshots of him fighting, allying or doing any other thing with both Greninja and Sheik is a must have too for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Thing is, the Ninja Gaiden series has such a huge fanbase that Hayabusa being revealed at E3 would generate a lot of hype, especially since he's been many people's wanted character for so many years. So I say it does have enough star power for an E3 reveal.
Compared to who has been shown off at E3 before he doesn't have much though. Again, I won't say it's impossible. I just think that it's more likely that he'll be announced last.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
If Ryu Hayabusa were to be the next character, who would you be most excited to see him crossover with?

Myself, as certified NES trash, i'd immediately want to do Mario V Link V Samus V Little Mac V Duck Hunt V Mega Man V Simon V Ryu
Same here, along with Snake, Pit and, the Ice Climbers.

Also, if the ninja in Captain N really is suppose to be him (which I'm sure it is), we might can even make a complete Captain N match, with Mega Man, Pit, Simon, Link, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Hayabusa, and Duck Hunt (to represent the NES Zapper).

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I think Ryu is well balanced enough to be an E3 reveal. Compare him to Banjo & Kazooie for example, they both have a strong legacy with Nintendo, and while BK were far more requested than Ryu, they’re definitely nowhere near as iconic as him.

Same here, along with Snake, Pit and, the Ice Climbers.

Also, if the ninja in Captain N really is suppose to be him (which I'm sure it is), we can might can even make a complete Captain N match, with Mega Man, Pit, Simon, Link, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Hayabusa, and Duck Hunt (to represent the NES Zapper).
And Samus.
1613823557609.jpeg
7F7EB321-763D-4FF8-A017-059025533269.jpeg

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's hard to know what to think about Ryu's chances. I think he would most likely be last at this point unless they want to end Ultimate with a huge bang.

Pyra and Mythra look fun, but they don't do too much for me. I just want to see more third party characters at this point!
If we are getting the last 2 characters at E3, I don't see Hayabusa being last as I think the closing act will be someone really huge like Crash, Master Chief or some other big industry name. I could see Hayabusa being the opening act for E3 though.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I think Ryu is well balanced enough to be an E3 reveal. Compare him to Banjo & Kazooie for example, they both have a strong legacy with Nintendo, and while BK were far more requested than Ryu, they’re definitely nowhere near as iconic as him.
Another highly requested character, Shantae isn't any more famous/iconic than Ryu (Ninja Gaiden) either.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

I have a weird one
:ultbanjokazooie::ultsnake::ultrichter::ultcloud::ulthero2::ultryu:

These are all characters and franchises that started out on Nintendo consoles and were synonymous with them but would eventually branch off and be more connected to other console brands. Banjo and Hayabusa on Xbox and the rest on PlayStation

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302

I want to see Mario vs. Sonic vs. Mega Man/Ryu vs. PAC-MAN vs. Cloud/Hero vs. Snake/Simon vs. Terry vs. Banjo/Steve vs. Ryu Hayabusa.

Basically, Nintendo vs. Sega vs. Capcom vs. Namco vs. Square Enix vs. Konami vs. SNK vs. Microsoft vs. Koei Tecmo. Boy would that be a dream come true...

EDIT: Just added Squeenix because I totally forgot about them even though Cloud is my favorite 3rd Party...

Last edited:

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
I want to see Mario vs. Sonic vs. Mega Man/Ryu vs. PAC-MAN vs. Snake/Simon vs. Terry vs. Banjo/Steve vs. Ryu Hayabusa.

Basically, Nintendo vs. Sega vs. Capcom vs. Namco vs. Konami vs. SNK vs. Microsoft vs. Koei Tecmo. Boy would that be a dream come true...
Same, greatest crossover ever if that can come true

MattX20

Smash Hero
I still see Sakurai more likely trying to homage Hayabusa's origins from the arcade/NES era in his reveal trailer rather than crossing over with references to his more modern appearances on the Xbox and Playstation consoles

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord

Pretty much all of those characters you said plus Pac-Man, the Ice Climbers, Pit and Snake too.

Also I guess a couple of screenshots of him fighting, allying or doing any other thing with both Greninja and Sheik is a must have too for obvious reasons.
Also, how can I forget about Hero (Erdrick)? Definitely him in there too.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
If we are getting the last 2 characters at E3, I don't see Hayabusa being last as I think the closing act will be someone really huge like Crash, Master Chief or some other big industry name. I could see Hayabusa being the opening act for E3 though.
It's hard to say how they will end it, but unless they announce a FP3 really soon I doubt there's going to be double reveal at E3. It just makes too much sense from a business standpoint for them to spread out the reveals so Smash stays fresh in our heads.

Last edited:

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I'm really hoping a Ryu reveal or release in June to coincide with the release of the Sigma Trilogy release. If he doesn't get in then, I doubt he will get in unless Nintendo says that more DLC characters await after Fighter Pass 2 is finished.

Since Ultimate was released in December, I could see the final character released at that time to coincide with the third anniversary of the release.

With the release of Pyra/Mythra, I am having to balnce who I want to see against who would be likely.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's hard to say how they will end it, but unless they announce a FP3 really soon I doubt there's going to be double reveal at E3. It just makes too much sense from a business standpoint for them to spread out the reveals so Smash stays fresh in our heads.
Corrin and Bayonetta were the last two reveals in Smash 4 and they were announce together or very close in the same month. I think it would make sense for them to announce the last two fighters at E3 if Fighter's Pass 2 is it.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I still see Sakurai more likely trying to homage Hayabusa's origins from the arcade/NES era in his reveal trailer rather than crossing over with references to his more modern appearances on the Xbox and Playstation consoles
Porque no los dos? I don't see why Sakurai and team wouldn't pull from both for all of trailer, moveset, and hopefully alts.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Corrin and Bayonetta were the last two reveals in Smash 4 and they were announce together or very close in the same month. I think it would make sense for them to announce the last two fighters at E3 if Fighter's Pass 2 is it.
True, but that was at the end of the year. I just think it's more likely that they'll want to spread things out. Of course, it's hard for me to know how things will eventually turn out.

Ornl

Smash Ace
I think Hayabusa's situation depends on Nintendo's strategy.
If Nintendo wants to honor a old 3rd-party friend, Hayabusa could come;
if Nintendo wants to build new alliances, Hayabusa wouldn't be a priority.

Koei Tecmo is a friend
DevelopersGamesRepresentation in Ultimate
TecmoFatal Frame II: Crimson papillonSpirit of Mio & Mayu Amakura
Tecmo + Grasshopper ManufactureFatal Frame: Maiden of Black WaterAssist Trophy of Yuri Kozukata
Omega Force + Team NinjaHyrule WarriorsSpirit of Moon
Koei Tecmo + Omega ForceHyrule Warriors: Age of CalamitySpirit of Impa, Master Kohga, and the Diminutive Guardian
Koei Tecmo Games + Intelligent SystemsFire Emblem: Three HousesByleth and Spirits
Team Ninja + Nintendo SPDMetroid: Other MCharadesign and Spirits

Until now, being a 3rd-party friend of Nintendo was a disadvantage in the Ultimate DLCs. Indeed, Nintendo didn't give any DCL Fighter in Ultimate that come from one of these direct friend-companies: Bamco, Capcom, Konami, Level-5, Marvelous, PlatinumGames, Taito, Ubisoft, Sonic Team... Instead of that, Nintendo consolidated other alliances (Atlus, Microsoft x2, SNK, and Square Enix x2). I don't know which character would break this straight of new alliances, but I think it won't be from company that gave Costumes.

Bamco – Namco is a friend and collaborator, but it's only represented by Pac-Man and Nintendo surprisingly didn't give another rep. After announcements of Hero then Heroes and Costume of Heihachi, Lloyd's chances die out even more with Pyra. To be continued...
CapcomCapcom didn't gave Costumes in Ultimate, but gave Amiibo from Monster Hunter Rise. I think Sm4sh Costumes and these Amiibos aren't a teaser about MH rep.
Konami – Metal Gear and Castlevania appeared in base games. These series are similar to Ninja Gaiden by genre (Action-adventure), projectile users, year (86-88), and mature content.
Level-5/Taito – KT, Level-5 and series are totally invisible. The reason why Nintendo has forgotten this friend-series is still a mystery :/
Marvelous/PlatinumGames/Ubisoft – No more Heroes, Bayonetta and Assassin's Creed appeared in DLCs. These series are similar to Ninja Gaiden by genre (Action-adventure) and mature content, and each came as a new company getting a Fighter/Costume.

So there are two possibilities in my opinion:
☐ Ninja Gaiden would be considered by Nintendo less important than Metal Gear, Castlevania, No more Heroes, Bayonetta and Assassin's Creed, and wouldn't come.
☐ Koei Tecmo would be considered by Nintendo as important as Marvelous/PlatinumGames/Ubisoft as a new friend-company to honor, and could get Hayabusa as a Fighter/Costume.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I think Hayabusa's situation depends on Nintendo's strategy.
If Nintendo wants to honor a old 3rd-party friend, Hayabusa could come;
if Nintendo wants to build new alliances, Hayabusa wouldn't be a priority.

Koei Tecmo is a friend
DevelopersGamesRepresentation in Ultimate
TecmoFatal Frame II: Crimson papillonSpirit of Mio & Mayu Amakura
Tecmo + Grasshopper ManufactureFatal Frame: Maiden of Black WaterAssist Trophy of Yuri Kozukata
Omega Force + Team NinjaHyrule WarriorsSpirit of Moon
Koei Tecmo + Omega ForceHyrule Warriors: Age of CalamitySpirit of Impa, Master Kohga, and the Diminutive Guardian
Koei Tecmo Games + Intelligent SystemsFire Emblem: Three HousesByleth and Spirits
Team Ninja + Nintendo SPDMetroid: Other MCharadesign and Spirits

Until now, being a 3rd-party friend of Nintendo was a disadvantage in the Ultimate DLCs. Indeed, Nintendo didn't give any DCL Fighter in Ultimate that come from one of these direct friend-companies: Bamco, Capcom, Konami, Level-5, Marvelous, PlatinumGames, Taito, Ubisoft, Sonic Team... Instead of that, Nintendo consolidated other alliances (Atlus, Microsoft x2, SNK, and Square Enix x2). I don't know which character would break this straight of new alliances, but I think it won't be from company that gave Costumes.

Bamco – Namco is a friend and collaborator, but it's only represented by Pac-Man and Nintendo surprisingly didn't give another rep. After announcements of Hero then Heroes and Costume of Heihachi, Lloyd's chances die out even more with Pyra. To be continued...
CapcomCapcom didn't gave Costumes in Ultimate, but gave Amiibo from Monster Hunter Rise. I think Sm4sh Costumes and these Amiibos aren't a teaser about MH rep.
Konami – Metal Gear and Castlevania appeared in base games. These series are similar to Ninja Gaiden by genre (Action-adventure), projectile users, year (86-88), and mature content.
Level-5/Taito – KT, Level-5 and series are totally invisible. The reason why Nintendo has forgotten this friend-series is still a mystery :/
Marvelous/PlatinumGames/Ubisoft – No more Heroes, Bayonetta and Assassin's Creed appeared in DLCs. These series are similar to Ninja Gaiden by genre (Action-adventure) and mature content, and each came as a new company getting a Fighter/Costume.

So there are two possibilities in my opinion:
☐ Ninja Gaiden would be considered by Nintendo less important than Metal Gear, Castlevania, No more Heroes, Bayonetta and Assassin's Creed, and wouldn't come.
☐ Koei Tecmo would be considered by Nintendo as important as Marvelous/PlatinumGames/Ubisoft as a new friend-company to honor, and could get Hayabusa as a Fighter/Costume.
We shall see what the future holds

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Ok so I don’t know if this was posted but Imran, someone who is indeed credible who has had insider knowledge (such as knowing Min Min) said that we shouldn’t have our expectations high for third party characters going forward, so should we not expect any third parties at all? Is this the end for our boy?
A90E7DA9-2273-42DD-ACF3-5401D1F21ACF.jpeg

MattX20

Smash Hero
Ok so I don’t know if this was posted but Imran, someone who is indeed credible who has had insider knowledge (such as knowing Min Min) said that we shouldn’t have our expectations high for third party characters going forward, so should we not expect any third parties at all? Is this the end for our boy?View attachment 304426
I don't think we should. If you ever paid attention to the music and voice test menus, you would notice the former has 2 empty spots left, implying the remaining 2 DLC fighters in this pass belong to series new to Smash Ultimate.

Last edited:

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we should. If you ever paid attention to the music and voice test menus, you would notice the former has 2 empty spots left, implying the remaining 2 DLC fighters in this pass belong to series new to Smash Ultimate.
But what if there just New Nintendo series like Mach Rider or Ayumi from Famicom Detective Club? It’s probably not but I thought hey

MattX20

Smash Hero
But what if there just New Nintendo series like Mach Rider or Ayumi from Famicom Detective Club? It’s probably not but I thought hey
Mach Rider really isn't a series, and would be still in the miscellaneous category like several first party reps like ROB and Ice Climbers

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Eh you could say the same about Arms and it got its own section.

I don't too much stock in the music test menu. It's not like they're choosing characters to adhere to a random menu. If the amount of series listed in each row changed then maybe. But they're not gonna specifically add or deny a character to just so one menu ends up looking like a rectangle.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Honestly Ryu Hayabusa not making it would legitimately shock me. Besides Koei developing so many games for Nintendo, Hayabusa "feels" like a Sakurai pick. Like he's one of those characters Sakurai would immediately take an interest in if it was suggested to him. He very likely grew up playing the NES games and then the sigma trilogy after too when he was younger.

With only two slots remaining the competition is going to be tight, but I dunno, I really hope he's one of the last two.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Ok so I don’t know if this was posted but Imran, someone who is indeed credible who has had insider knowledge (such as knowing Min Min) said that we shouldn’t have our expectations high for third party characters going forward, so should we not expect any third parties at all? Is this the end for our boy?View attachment 304426
Putting the sound menu issue aside, there's not much we can infer from this pictured comment alone. For all we know he was talking about Pyra/Mythra exclusively. I think it's extremely unlikely that they're done with third parties.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Eh you could say the same about Arms and it got its own section.

I don't too much stock in the music test menu. It's not like they're choosing characters to adhere to a random menu. If the amount of series listed in each row changed then maybe. But they're not gonna specifically add or deny a character to just so one menu ends up looking like a rectangle.
Yeah, I figure that if FP3 becomes a thing, it'd become asymmetrical if the CSS Echo theory doesn't pan out. It's not like perfect CSS geometry was counting for much in the devs' main priority to begin with.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I wouldn't look too much into that and I'm honestly not familiar with this person. What is their record as a leaker?

Top Bottom