• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Justice Always Triumphs." - Ryu Hayabusa for Smash Switch! (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't. Crash is a gaming legend like Mario, Sonic, and Pac-Man so I think it's very reasonable to expect him next among legacy/western characters. Plus Crash has recently gotten a new game plus the N. Sane Trilogy and Nitro Fuel all being ported to the Switch.
A reminder though that this demand only sparked up when the N. Sane Trilogy was announced which was only a few years back. Although due to what you said he's still possible and said legacy could be a reason Nintendo goes for him rather than requests and the whole 5 years of negotiations for Steve.

Also being ported to Switch doesn't mean they're a lock.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
A reminder though that this demand only sparked up when the N. Sane Trilogy was announced which was only a few years back. Although due to what you said he's still possible and said legacy could be a reason Nintendo goes for him rather than requests and the whole 5 years of negotiations for Steve.

Also being ported to Switch doesn't mean they're a lock.
I know games on the Switch doesn't make a character a lock but it's a plus. Also, Crash got more popular in the Smash scene after Banjo & Kazooie were confirmed. Most of the Banjo & Kazooie/K. Rool supporters went to go support Crash after their beloved Rare/DK characters got in.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I also would rather have Ryu Hayabusa be a basic character. A lot of the DLC is honestly ruined by overreliance on Gimmicks, though Smash 4 newcomers admitedly also suffered hard from this.

Banjo, Simon, K.Rool and Ridley were the best newcomers in my opinion because they felt fun without reliying on trying to bring the game mechanics into Smash in such an obtuse way.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I also would rather have Ryu Hayabusa be a basic character. A lot of the DLC is honestly ruined by overreliance on Gimmicks, though Smash 4 newcomers admitedly also suffered hard from this.

Banjo, Simon, K.Rool and Ridley were the best newcomers in my opinion because they felt fun without reliying on trying to bring the game mechanics into Smash in such an obtuse way.
What gimmick would they even add to Hayabusa that would work? I feel like maybe something inspired by the blood arm thing from Ninja Gaiden 3 would be the closest, but even then I doubt they want a whole character's gimmick centered around a game as reviled as the vanilla version of 3.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
What gimmick would they even add to Hayabusa that would work? I feel like maybe something inspired by the blood arm thing from Ninja Gaiden 3 would be the closest, but even then I doubt they want a whole character's gimmick centered around a game as reviled as the vanilla version of 3.
Like I said earlier, the best gimmick for Hayabusa is the Izuna Drop being perform through a counter, just like in the DOA series. With the same inputs and timing.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Yeah, as much as I love playing characters like Joker and Cloud, I don't really play a lot of the gimmick characters much. Most of my favorite characters are basic ones like Link, Pit, Wolf, Palutena, Byleth and Banjo & Kazooie. And Ryu doesn't strike me as the kind of character to NEED a gimmick, or to really even get one. I am hoping he can use some of his other weapons like the Windmill Shuriken, Lunar Staff and Vigoorian Flail as Ryu's special attacks though, and maybe some of his ninpo techniques too.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I'm starting to warm up to Mr. Busa although I was disinterested in him at first, I think he's dope now. (It was after seeing this image) :
e1bb8b25e3052d3cba636f9ae1e05c61.jpg
Added the original trilogy to my backlog!

I'd like you guys to culture me a bit because there's not many good videos going in detail about Hayabusa in Smash, which I found disappointing, but besides Unbreakable Determination, what are some music choices you guys would like in the game?

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I'm starting to warm up to Mr. Busa although I was disinterested in him at first, I think he's dope now. (It was after seeing this image) :

I'd like you guys to culture me a bit because there's not many good videos going in detail about Hayabusa in Smash, which I found disappointing, but besides Unbreakable Determination, what are some music choices you guys would like in the game?
I'd like to see remixes of the NES themes, along with some DOA themes too:

Pushing Forward - Ninja Gaiden (NES)
Masked Devil - Ninja Gaiden (NES)
Depth of Wickedness - Ninja Gaiden (NES)
Motion of the Ninja - Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos
Tower of Lahja - Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos
Weapons Lab - Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom
Blade of Ryu - Dead or Alive
The Shooted - Dead or Alive 2
Look Ahead - Dead or Alive 3
Humming of the Devil - Ninja Gaiden (Arcade)
Precipitation - Ninja Gaiden II (2008)
Reincarnate - Dead or Alive 3
No Money - Dead or Alive

Last edited:

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Unbreakable Determination is a must both the original and a New Remix of it (also Hitohira (Kasumi’s theme) is also a good choice too)
I think everyone expect Unbreakable Determination. I was listing other ones that I liked to have besides that, which is what ZoroCarlos was asking about.

Last edited:

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302

Almost anything from the NES Ninja Gaiden games is absolutely fire for Smash. I'd also like some from the modern games. Here are some of my favorites from each game:

Ninja Gaiden (Black/Sigma):
Main Theme
Supply Base
An Easy Enemy
Alma Awakened
Fight It Out

Ninja Gaiden II/Sigma 2:
Main Theme
Fighting Soul
Battle 6 (Confrontation)
Dark Aura
The Hero
Fuga (this version is from Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate but the original is from Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2)

Ninja Gaiden 3:
A Hero Unmasked
Ninja Soul
A Masked Curse
She

Oh, and:
Yaiba who...?

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Yeah don't get me wrong, I've listened to like every version of Unbreakable Determination, the track slaps and is pretty much cemented as Ryu's theme. Just wanted recommendations from the rest of the catalog. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
I think everyone expect Unbreakable Determination. I was listing other ones that I liked to have besides that, which is what ZoroCarlos was asking about.
Yeah don't get me wrong, I've listened to like every version of Unbreakable Determination, the track slaps and is pretty much cemented as Ryu's theme. Just wanted recommendations from the rest of the catalog. Thanks guys.
Oh I get it now, I did not know you asked that my bad

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Papagenos notes a possible pattern of Mii fighters coming with characters.

Min Min = Heihachi being fighting game characters.
Steve = Travis and Gil having blue colored swords like Steve's diamond sword.

If there is a pattern, he's thinking Lloyd could be the next Mii fighter coming with Ryu Hayabusa being they possess katanas.

MattX20

Smash Hero

If there is a pattern, he's thinking Lloyd could be the next Mii fighter coming with Ryu Hayabusa being they possess katanas.
I don't see Ryu as competition for Lloyd, and there's nothing that says we couldn't see both in the pass

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace

Wow now that’s really...
49433C15-DF30-4DC7-BDB5-E1248F55F76A.jpeg

But hey what to expect, this is the same guy who thought a simple calendar date like 7th July actually meant something...

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I noticed that a lot of third-party characters that have either crossed over with Nintendo characters or had Nintendo content in their games are in Smash.

With the Metroid crossover in DOAD, maybe Hayabusa will be next soon?
I just want to add that there was also the Link and Zero Suit Samus costumes in Dynasty Warriors VS for the 3DS.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Does anybody wanna make any predictions for the Game Awards? I'm feeling a little crazy at the moment, so I'm predicting both Ryu and Crash for a double reveal at TGA 2020 like Hero and Banjo got for E3 2019 👍 👍 👍

I'll gladly take the L if I'm wrong. Whether it's neither, one or the other, or no reveal at all.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Does anybody wanna make any predictions for the Game Awards? I'm feeling a little crazy at the moment, so I'm predicting both Ryu and Crash for a double reveal at TGA 2020 like Hero and Banjo got for E3 2019 👍 👍 👍

I'll gladly take the L if I'm wrong. Whether it's neither, one or the other, or no reveal at all.
To be fair, Nintendo already disappointed last year at the Game Awards so with how meh they’ve been this year, I wouldn’t be surprised if they do it again. If anything, I think we’re only getting one more character this year and that’s if we’re lucky.
If that’s actually the case, then I’m predicting either Ryu Hayabusa or Geno, although this is kinda more wishful than realistic.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, Nintendo already disappointed last year at the Game Awards so with how meh they’ve been this year, I wouldn’t be surprised if they do it again. If anything, I think we’re only getting one more character this year and that’s if we’re lucky.
If that’s actually the case, then I’m predicting either Ryu Hayabusa or Geno, although this is kinda more wishful than realistic.
Agreed

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
People really overestimated characters like Crash and Sora for a VGA reveal let alone their chances. Ryu Hayabusa feels like a much more realistic choice.

Also if Crash and Sora were to be revealed st any event it'd be E3.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Not sure if this question was ever asked for this thread, but do you think Ryu Hayabusa will be called by his full name, Ryu, or just Hayabusa by the Smash announcer/name on the character select screen?

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Not sure if this question was ever asked for this thread, but do you think Ryu Hayabusa will be called by his full name, Ryu, or just Hayabusa by the Smash announcer/name on the character select screen?
I've asked this before and the consensus was pretty much just Hayabusa mostly because of the Dead or Alive games doing just that. Ryu Hayabusa may be too long but we do have characters like Rosalina & Luma and Banjo & Kazooie which are just as long, if not, longer to pronounce than Ryu Hayabusa so I can see them going with either. Leaning towards just Hayabusa though just to further differentiate him from Street Fighter Ryu but I'd prefer it if they could call him by his full name.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
On the flip side, if there HAD been a reveal at TGA 2019 it would've been, ya know, Byleth. Perhaps Nintendo knew that such a boring typical reveal would be poorly received at such a huge cross platform event, and wasn't the best way to show off their DLC. Then again, maybe I'm giving Nintendo too much credit lol. There may have been another Big N "reason" why it didn't happen that I can't understand.

I feel my explanation is still likely though. TGA just keeps getting bigger and bigger, and it would be unwise to not use a platform that arguably gives them just as much if not more exposure than their own E3 event. This likely will be the last time they can show something at TGA Smash related too if everyone is still going to be released by December next year. In other words, if they have something exciting to show us then they will, or at least they ought to.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I think it'll just be Hayabusa, like in the DOA series.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
On the flip side, if there HAD been a reveal at TGA 2019 it would've been, ya know, Byleth. Perhaps Nintendo knew that such a boring typical reveal would be poorly received at such a huge cross platform event, and wasn't the best way to show off their DLC. Then again, maybe I'm giving Nintendo too much credit lol. There may have been another Big N "reason" why it didn't happen that I can't understand.

I feel my explanation is still likely though. TGA just keeps getting bigger and bigger, and it would be unwise to not use a platform that arguably gives them just as much if not more exposure than their own E3 event. This likely will be the last time they can show something Smash related too if everyone is still going to be released by December next year. In other words, if they have something to show us then they will, or at least they ought to.
Hmm that’s actually a good point. Nintendo has shown to be surprisingly pretty self aware sometimes as seen in the Marth nº8 Byleth reveal trailer with the “too many swordsmen, are there?” quote lol.

However with how long the development of Steve’s pack took as well as the urgent need to stay indoors still being a thing worldwide, I’m really not sure how far they’ve gone with the progress for the third fighter. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

Top Bottom