• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Justice Always Triumphs." - Ryu Hayabusa for Smash Switch! (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
If Ryu is one of the next CP, I hope their Mii Costume wave takes a ninja/japanese theme, something like this:

• Kasumi (DoA6 outfit, Brawler)
  • Lu Bo (Dynasty Warriors, Swordfighter)
  • Scorpion (Mortal Kombat, Brawler) [Includes different colors like Bomberman to represent other MK Ninjas]
  • Samurai Goroh (F-Zero, Swordfighter)
  • Lloye (Tales of, Swordfighter)

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Now that there are rumors of Crash coming too, I think my predictions are going to be Ryu Hayabusa, Crash Bandicoot, Dante, and either Doomguy or Master Chief. Though I always keep the option open for there being another Nintendo character.

Regardless, that would be a pretty awesome Fighters Pass!

Last edited:

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
I want to know who these "several credible leakers" are?
I do as well, but hey I’m not gonna say no to Crash in Smash

Also when it comes to Ryu Hayabusa, I feel as though there is a bit of a gambit here, with the ESRB hindering M rated series during presentations and only 4 slots left, Hayabusa kinda has to be announced sooner rather than later, it is totally possible he could be Challenger Pack 10 or 11 but my bet is Challenger Pack 8 or 9 due to the Ninja Gaiden Trilogy supposedly coming out on in March 2021 and announcing Ryu Hayabusa for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate at let’s say the Game Awards for example would be perfect as it would definitely get past the ESRB issues and be able to say “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X Ninja Gaiden” as well as be perfect timing to announce both the trilogy and the character there in order to cross promote the game. Another instance I thought of was him being announced at a Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase however I doubt this theory as it is just there to show off Third Party games coming to Nintendo Switch, but hey I didn’t think we would get a Monster Hunter Direct right after the most recent Partner Showcase so anything is possible, but a TGA reveal would be the perfect time and opportunity to announce Ryu Hayabusa for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, if he doesn’t get revealed there, then I’m going to have my doubts but this is the first time in awhile that he is really getting ramped up in terms of Smash speculation so I really, REALLY hope it ends up leading to something, preferably him as a character in Smash

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Wait Crash is now likely too??! ...Ugh! 😒

Oh well as long as Ryu gets in, it won’t be so bad, I guess... There’s always a price to pay, I see...

Last edited:

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Can we not talk about Crash Bandicoot? This is a support thread for Ryu Hayabusa.

Anyways, my two cents on Vergeben: he would've never brought up that "discussions did happen with Koei Tecmo in regards to Smash" again if someone didn't ask him to reaffirm the rumors about Ryu Hayabusa in that recent GameFAQs thread. Vergeben also didn't remention Hayabusa's name which slightly worries me. Either way, we aren't out of the woods yet with our boy so I'd still caution expectations for the Fighters Pass. It is still a good sign that Nintendo still has a great relationship with Koei Tecmo with the Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity game on the horizon and you know who one of the producers of the project is? Yosuke Hayashi, current head of Team Ninja, developer of the Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive series.

Last edited:

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Yosuke Hayashi also said he would definitely talk to Mr. Sakurai about Smash Bros

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Yosuke Hayashi also said he would definitely talk to Mr. Sakurai about Smash Bros
Yeah, you're gonna have to post a source for this. I don't believe I've ever seen this said. Closest thing for interviews with Koei Tecmo in terms of Smash is Yohei Shimbori, producer of the Dead or Alive series, saying he wanted Kasumi if he was ever approached by Sakurai for a character in Smash.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I do as well, but hey I’m not gonna say no to Crash in Smash

Also when it comes to Ryu Hayabusa, I feel as though there is a bit of a gambit here, with the ESRB hindering M rated series during presentations and only 4 slots left, Hayabusa kinda has to be announced sooner rather than later, it is totally possible he could be Challenger Pack 10 or 11 but my bet is Challenger Pack 8 or 9 due to the Ninja Gaiden Trilogy supposedly coming out on in March 2021 and announcing Ryu Hayabusa for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate at let’s say the Game Awards for example would be perfect as it would definitely get past the ESRB issues and be able to say “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X Ninja Gaiden” as well as be perfect timing to announce both the trilogy and the character there in order to cross promote the game. Another instance I thought of was him being announced at a Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase however I doubt this theory as it is just there to show off Third Party games coming to Nintendo Switch, but hey I didn’t think we would get a Monster Hunter Direct right after the most recent Partner Showcase so anything is possible, but a TGA reveal would be the perfect time and opportunity to announce Ryu Hayabusa for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, if he doesn’t get revealed there, then I’m going to have my doubts but this is the first time in awhile that he is really getting ramped up in terms of Smash speculation so I really, REALLY hope it ends up leading to something, preferably him as a character in Smash
Could they just simply use the NES Ninja Gaiden logo?

Honestly, while I do like Crash (haven't played a Crash game in YEARS though....) I'd rather not have Crash in Smash right now. Save Crash and Spyro for Playstation Allstars 2.
I agree 100% on this.

Last edited:

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you're gonna have to post a source for this. I don't believe I've ever seen this said. Closest thing for interviews with Koei Tecmo in terms of Smash is Yohei Shimbori, producer of the Dead or Alive series, saying he wanted Kasumi if he was ever approached by Sakurai for a character in Smash.
It was that interview, I mixed up Yosuke and Yohei’s names together, my bad

MattX20

Smash Hero

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Ryza being turned down does NOT hurt Ryu Hayabusa’s chances, apparently something very similar happened with the Samurai Showdown team in which they were asked who they wanted in Smash and said if they had to choose they’d choose Puppy Ninja Dog, but in the end it wasn’t their decision it was the higher ups at Nintendo and SNK’s decision to put Terry Bogard into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, so the same thing could be happening here
E172A84F-3C33-429A-88F9-8EB8B1E2E365.jpeg

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think Ryu Hayabusa is a character at this point I think is certainly almost a lock.
I'm almost at that point too still keep expectations at check

The only argument people keep making is the who title can't be shown with the whole M rated titles can't be shown on a E 10+ game

the Nintendo entertainmeant system era ninja gaidens are definatly not rated M

Last edited:

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
I'm almost at that point too still keep expectations at check

The only argument people keep making is the who title can't be shown with the whole M rated titles can't be shown on a E 10+ game

the Nintendo entertainmeant system era ninja gaidens are definatly not rated M
This "M-rated logo" thing is just for Mii costumes. Nintendo wouldn't want to have a presentation for an E/E10/T character have an M rating suddenly just because a logo appeared for one second.

I'm sure that if an M-rated fighter were to get in in the future they would have their franchise name show up because it would be a video dedicated to them.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
This "M-rated logo" thing is just for Mii costumes. Nintendo wouldn't want to have a presentation for an E/E10/T character have an M rating suddenly just because a logo appeared for one second.

I'm sure that if an M-rated fighter were to get in in the future they would have their franchise name show up because it would be a video dedicated to them.
that and Nintendo entertainment system era Ryu is definatly not M rated so loophole

Last edited:

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman

Wait was it confirmed to only be for the Mii Fighter Costumes?

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
Wait was it confirmed to only be for the Mii Fighter Costumes?
It's not confirmed but this has only happened to Mii Fighter Costumes. What I'm saying is Nintendo is reserving the "Smash x M-rated franchise" thing now only for M-rated fighters because of the ESRB. If an M-rated logo were to show up, it would get a rating that a normal Nintendo Direct would, which is E-M, and I think Nintendo now only showing M-rated franchise logos for presentations dedicated for actual M-rated fighters, not Mii costumes anymore.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Ryza was a roadblock?
Not really, she didn't stand a chance but some people thought that she was likely because she was recent.

She's out now, not surprising because why would they choose a character from a very unkown and niche franchise over one of their oldest established characters that comes from one of the games that people know Tecmo for?

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I mean, Persona 5 is an M-rated game and they included its logo instead of the character’s name in it.
View attachment 288754
My guess is that back then the ESRB wasn't so picky.

Honestly the whole M Rated thing is overblown, it's like "We can't have Roy in Smash because we already have Roy" thing, it's not an argument that holds any water.

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice

Honestly the whole M Rated thing is overblown, it's like "We can't have Roy in Smash because we already have Roy" thing, it's not an argument that holds any water.
The fighters have already been picked anyway. Just because a logo doesn't show up, (which it probably will anyway for fighters) that doesn't lessen the chances of them getting in at all.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace

Wonder what made them take such drastic measures all of the sudden anyway...

At least they can include the logo from the classic NES Ninja Gaiden games so that it doesn’t seem like Nintendo is advertising M-rated games to kids, if that’s really what they’re concerned about.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wonder what made them take such drastic measures all of the sudden anyway...

At least they can include the logo from the classic NES Ninja Gaiden games so that it doesn’t seem like Nintendo is advertising M-rated games to kids, if that’s really what they’re concerned about.
heck the trilogy is available to play on the NES collection on the switch

by the way for clsssic if not the hands for the boss the best I can think of is marx Or Dracula for the boss (best resemblance for demons or Jaquio

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace

by the way for clsssic if not the hands for the boss the best I can think of is marx Or Dracula for the boss (best resemblance for demons or Jaquio
the NES games are all rated E for Mild Violence so that doesn’t really come off as much of a surprise

4C10D472-0ACD-4F30-B2DC-E9C49AD85A7F.jpeg

Oh and Dracula for the win!

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Nevermind, please delete this post.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord

Definitely! Dracula would be the best boss for Hayabusa since the NES Ninja Gaiden games were influenced by Casltevania and he fights numerous demonic enemies throughout the series.

Last edited:
Top Bottom