• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Justice Always Triumphs." - Ryu Hayabusa for Smash Switch! (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
That’s true, indeed. :grin:
By the way, here’s a small thought, it might be too early to even think about it but what the heck, I just wanna ask, you guys wanna do some kind of thank you letter to Sakurai and Nintendo when Ryu Hayabusa hopefully gets added in the roster, like K.rool and Banjo fans did?

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
That’s true, indeed. :grin:
By the way, here’s a small thought, it might be too early to even think about it but what the heck, I just wanna ask, you guys wanna do some kind of thank you letter to Sakurai and Nintendo when Ryu Hayabusa hopefully gets added in the roster, like K.rool and Banjo fans did?
I’d be down for that. It’d be smaller, but it would contain just as much if not more passion! ;)

Incidentally, I’m enjoying NG3 aside from an occasional ****ty camera and rage inducing bosses. I found out you can essentially instantly kill Evil Ryu v. 2 with the Eclispe Scythe, and I don’t see anything about that online. Lol

Oh and don’t you just love it when a game asks you if you want to change the difficulty? NO! **** you game. I persevere!

RavenousChuChu

Smash Rookie
I’d be down for that. It’d be smaller, but it would contain just as much if not more passion! ;)

Incidentally, I’m enjoying NG3 aside from an occasional ****ty camera and rage inducing bosses. I found out you can essentially instantly kill Evil Ryu v. 2 with the Eclispe Scythe, and I don’t see anything about that online. Lol

Oh and don’t you just love it when a game asks you if you want to change the difficulty? NO! **** you game. I persevere!
Glad to hear that you're enjoying it so far. The first step of your ninja training will soon be complete, and you'll be ready to take on 1 & 2 haha! Yeah, aside from the odd one or two, I always found the bosses (particularly in Ninja Gaiden 2 & 3:RE) to be on the cheap side, some with strangely programmed patterns and ridiculous damage, sometimes from stun locking... their scumbaggery can be off the charts sometimes! During my first playthrough it felt like it took a week for that dinosaur to drop down during its second phase, yet when I fought it a second time, it felt like it dropped every two seconds... and don't get me started on Alma in NG Black...

The Eclipse Scythe is absolutely broken in both 2 & 3, it's great for nearly any situation! but you won't hear any complaints on this end lol. If you get stuck during any mission, feel free to spam the scythe's 360 strong move (the one that makes you spin it around), they gave it so many frames of invincibility that you'll never get hit if timed correctly! Also I haven't heard of the instant kill on Evil Ryu, do tell me more, I have a strong urge to cheese him out on my next playthrough!

Haha, spoken like a true ninja! We're always pushing onward with our unbreakable determination!

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Glad to hear that you're enjoying it so far. The first step of your ninja training will soon be complete, and you'll be ready to take on 1 & 2 haha! Yeah, aside from the odd one or two, I always found the bosses (particularly in Ninja Gaiden 2 & 3:RE) to be on the cheap side, some with strangely programmed patterns and ridiculous damage, sometimes from stun locking... their scumbaggery can be off the charts sometimes! During my first playthrough it felt like it took a week for that dinosaur to drop down during its second phase, yet when I fought it a second time, it felt like it dropped every two seconds... and don't get me started on Alma in NG Black...

The Eclipse Scythe is absolutely broken in both 2 & 3, it's great for nearly any situation! but you won't hear any complaints on this end lol. If you get stuck during any mission, feel free to spam the scythe's 360 strong move (the one that makes you spin it around), they gave it so many frames of invincibility that you'll never get hit if timed correctly! Also I haven't heard of the instant kill on Evil Ryu, do tell me more, I have a strong urge to cheese him out on my next playthrough!

Haha, spoken like a true ninja! We're always pushing onward with our unbreakable determination!
Yea the T-Rex was a pain. The worst one for me so far was dealing with the Goddess Prototype. Especially when she had her big arms. She would do so much damage, and I could barely touch her before she started swinging at me again. Now she doesn’t seem as bad after I beat ****ing three of them at once with Ayane (although maybe their defense was nerfed? Lol).

For evil Ryu v. 2 I fought him twice to make sure it wasn’t a freak occurrence, so hopefully it works for you. So you can use steel on bone when they grow red right? The easiest way to do this was when Evil Ryu had the Scythe as well and started charging for the shockwave attack. I did a steel on bone with the Scythe and his health dropped instantly to the point where you could perform a QTE to end the fight. It was baffling to me when I first saw it, but I wasn’t complaining lol. He was pissing me off.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Hayabusa all the way on the third page??? Gotta fix that!

...anyway, I've been trying to put together my ideal Hayabusa Smash move list.

What does everyone here think his up special should be? How should it work?

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Hayabusa all the way on the third page??? Gotta fix that!

...anyway, I've been trying to put together my ideal Hayabusa Smash move list.

What does everyone here think his up special should be? How should it work?
That’s a good question. Could be the Izuna Drop, have him shoot upwards and if someone is in his path it goes into a command grab, kinda like how Falcon’s up B works

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
That’s a good question. Could be the Izuna Drop, have him shoot upwards and if someone is in his path it goes into a command grab, kinda like how Falcon’s up B works
That's what I was thinking. Izuna drop should be some sort of command grab, and I feel like he has so much to work with for his other specials that it might as well be his up B.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
That's what I was thinking. Izuna drop should be some sort of command grab, and I feel like he has so much to work with for his other specials that it might as well be his up B.
Yeah, the only other idea I could think of would be the spinning slash from the NES games and that move SCREAMS Neutral or Forward Aerial

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Considering that the Izuna Drop slams enemies into the ground, that sounds like a very exploitable way for the opponent to get ninja boy to SD and cheese him via stock lead. The Izuna Drop SCREAMS side-b akin to Bowser and Ganondorf to me.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Considering that the Izuna Drop slams enemies into the ground, that sounds like a very exploitable way for the opponent to get ninja boy to SD and cheese him via stock lead. The Izuna Drop SCREAMS side-b akin to Bowser and Ganondorf to me.
I was thinking something like Flying Swallow into a command grab, and a quick input change could change it from guillotine throw (forward/no input) to Izuna drop (down input).

I kind of want Shadow Clone, Windmill Shuriken, and Flying Firewheel as his other specials.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
I would remedy this by making the command grab part of up-B only work if you are holding down B to prevent accidental activation of Izuna Drop leading to SD.

Last edited:

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Just dropping in to say I finally just got a hold of a used Ninja Gaiden Black, II, and Xbox 360 all in pretty good condition. I might get a Xbox One S to play with higher resolution or better performance but dunno if it is worth it. Anyways, I first played Sigma on PS3 all the way to the end of the double train crash cutscene in Tairon. Starting up Black, the beginning scenery is so different than Sigma with Black being more dull and Sigma being more beautiful.

Also, was actually playing Sigma in Ninja Dog mode because I'm lame, trying to change that with Black by playing through it in Normal instead.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Mr. Stevenson Mr. Stevenson Spatulo Spatulo Added you guys to the support list! Sorry for my absence, college + now work has done a number on me this year.

Happy the spirit for the super ninja's still alive, I think we've got a serious shot for the next fighter pass if not fighter #5 on the current one.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Mr. Stevenson Mr. Stevenson Spatulo Spatulo Added you guys to the support list! Sorry for my absence, college + now work has done a number on me this year.

Happy the spirit for the super ninja's still alive, I think we've got a serious shot for the next fighter pass if not fighter #5 on the current one.
Thank you so much. :)
And no problem, hope you’re doing fine, I’m just glad you’re back with hope.

I too feel the same about fighter 5, and if the color theory does end up being real, then I think Ryu Hayabusa would totally fit on an orange background, due to a lot of Ninja Gaiden covers featuring him with a background consumed by flames:
A9EFCEF7-A564-4A71-978B-3FD308CA2063.jpeg
7BCA2E5B-3C46-474D-8902-8131D51EC742.png
C5FF5F81-3EFF-4CD7-A295-A471C0301F91.jpeg

4C4BF4D6-06E9-44C4-BDBC-DBBB6CE8A91D.png

Oh and friendly reminder that the background color doesn’t always have to match with one’s outfit (Terry Bogard, Joker).

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
3DFCDE74-4088-4853-9D51-7554A8D20A62.jpeg

The lack of Ryu Hayabusa on such an epic event like this one, is sad. :urg:

And I say the same about Bill Rizer, Balloon Fighter, Urban Champion, and Bub & Bob.

Sorry for the double post...

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Add me to the support list ASAP.

He is the last NES icon to be added. And thankfully, he seems to be very likely for post pass, because Verge said that apparently discussions for him leaked.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Sup guys! It's my first day on Smashboards, but I've been hoping for Ryu to join Smash Ultimate since the spring. Koei Tecmo is the only major Japanese 3rd Party company to have no playable representation in Smash yet, and to me, Ryu is the only person who has the best shot of getting in from that company. And with all of the leaks surrounding him, I believe that he'll make it in soon. Maybe not DLC 5, I still believe that that will be KOS-MOS, but soon. And I honestly hope he does.

So here's hoping Ryu makes the cut!

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Sup guys! It's my first day on Smashboards, but I've been hoping for Ryu to join Smash Ultimate since the spring. Koei Tecmo is the only major Japanese 3rd Party company to have no playable representation in Smash yet, and to me, Ryu is the only person who has the best shot of getting in from that company. And with all of the leaks surrounding him, I believe that he'll make it in soon. Maybe not DLC 5, I still believe that that will be KOS-MOS, but soon. And I honestly hope he does.

So here's hoping Ryu makes the cut!
Welcome to Smashboards Busa bretheren! The leaks have at least been good for increasing his popularity a bit regardless of their truth, we've gotta see something for the man eventually.

Add me to the support list ASAP.

He is the last NES icon to be added. And thankfully, he seems to be very likely for post pass, because Verge said that apparently discussions for him leaked.
Added

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I agree to all of these but you left out Billy Lee. In fact, I'd take him over Kunio.
Okay, but you're wrong. Kunio is categorically a better character with a 10x better moveset and way better games.

Billy and Jimmy can be Spirits in Kunio's pack, since they're basically one franchise now.

RavenousChuChu

Smash Rookie
How's it going everyone? I hope you're all doing well!

I haven't had too much time to comment lately due to studies and recently starting a new job, but I just dropped by to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Here's to hoping smash continues to grow even stronger in 2020 with all of the additional DLC coming, alongside our favourite Dragon Ninja hopefully making his debut in smash! Peace.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/57/f6/89/57f6891f3f53c469e0bc1625d7149ff3.jpg

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So uhm, anyone here played this masterpiece:
?
Super Mario Crossover? Yeah, I did a while back; not sure if it's been updated since then. (I remember it having Jason and SOPHIA from Blaster Master, along with adding a bunch of alternate costumes and tile swaps based on other games)

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Definitely. It's one of my main reasons for wanting Hayabusa and Bill Rizer(and Bass as a Megaman echo) in Smash.

Don't really want Sophia the 3rd as a PC though(if we get a playable tank, it should be the SV-001 Metal Slug), but I'd gladly take it as an Assist Trophy or Spirit.

D

Deleted member

Out of curiosity, if Ryu Hayabusa is in who would be the 2nd Koei Tecmo Rep?

Iridium

Smash Hero
If you mean another playable character, I want to say Kasumi from Dead or Alive can work, would be great. Dynasty Warriors is also one of Koei Tecmo's more popular franchises, if not the most, but I'm not crazy knowledgeable on their characters.

D

Deleted member

With Ninja Gaiden being an Tecmo IP, there's no doubt in my mind that a Dynasty Warriors character would be next if Hayabusa is the 1st KT rep since the Musou franchise was owned by Koei before the merger between them and Tecmo came to be. The only question for DW is who could it be between Zhao Yun, the popular posterboy who's been on the most Musou covers, or Lu Bu, the most iconic character of the DW franchise. Personally, I think Zhao Yun is the more favorable pick cause he's usually the character KT markets the most for the franchise and could make room for a potential clone/echo for Yukimura Sanada of Samurai Warriors.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
With Ninja Gaiden being an Tecmo IP, there's no doubt in my mind that a Dynasty Warriors character would be next if Hayabusa is the 1st KT rep since the Musou franchise was owned by Koei before the merger between them and Tecmo came to be. The only question for DW is who could it be between Zhao Yun, the popular posterboy who's been on the most Musou covers, or Lu Bu, the most iconic character of the DW franchise. Personally, I think Zhao Yun is the more favorable pick cause he's usually the character KT markets the most for the franchise and could make room for a potential clone/echo for Yukimura Sanada of Samurai Warriors.
Why are you so certain a second KT rep would have to be from Koei specifically? The second Sega rep wasn't from Atlus and the second Konami rep wasn't from Hudson.

D

Deleted member

Why are you so certain a second KT rep would have to be from Koei specifically? The second Sega rep wasn't from Atlus and the second Konami rep wasn't from Hudson.
The 2nd SE rep was from an IP Enix owned before the merger thoe. You could say it was obviously because of DQ's legacy within the RPG genre and being the 2nd biggest franchise SE owns currently, but that doesn't change the fact that it was an Enix IP.

Top Bottom