• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Justice Always Triumphs." - Ryu Hayabusa for Smash Switch! (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Are you playing the original version or Razor's Edge?
Razor's Edge is very different from the original version and significantly improves the game. The main problems that people had with NG3 was in the original version and most of these problems were fixed in Razor's Edge.
Yea I’m playing RE. I’ve just read, including in this thread, that people don’t enjoy this one as much as the first two. I was just wondering what the specific criticisms were.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Yea I’m playing RE. I’ve just read, including in this thread, that people don’t enjoy this one as much as the first two. I was just wondering what the specific criticisms were.
1. Lack of enemy variety. Pretty self explanatory.
2. The complete removal of Essence. Basically souls of enemies that give you money, health, and ki. Or you can absorb during Ultimate Techniques to quickly charge them. And by killing enemies with UTs you get more money out of it. Giving risk v reward decisions to make in battle.
3. Lack of proper healing items outside of save points. With the money mentioned you can buy healing items from shops and this gives aid during long fights especially bosses.
4. The new Ki and Ninpo system.
5. It's a more story focused game. This was the main problem of Vanilla NG3, where it sacrificed the difficult gameplay fans come to expect for a narrative that's wasn't all that great.

Also personal nitpick but RE's Obliteration techniques are too long. In NG2 OTs are like Doom's glory kills. Quick, effective but also incredibly badass.

Last edited:

RavenousChuChu

Smash Rookie
1. Lack of enemy variety. Pretty self explanatory.
2. The complete removal of Essence. Basically souls of enemies that give you money, health, and ki. Or you can absorb during Ultimate Techniques to quickly charge them. And by killing enemies with UTs you get more money out of it. Giving risk v reward decisions to make in battle.
3. Lack of proper healing items outside of save points. With the money mentioned you can buy healing items from shops and this gives aid during long fights especially bosses.
4. The new Ki and Ninpo system.
5. It's a more story focused game. This was the main problem of Vanilla NG3, where it sacrificed the difficult gameplay fans come to expect for a narrative that's wasn't all that great.

Also personal nitpick but RE's Obliteration techniques are too long. In NG2 OTs are like Doom's glory kills. Quick, effective but also incredibly badass.
To add to this, my personal biggest gripe was the lacking weapon variety in the original 3, with some of the most iconic weapons only being added later as DLC! Although RE added more, it didn't really introduce any brand new ones.

The lack of sub weapon variety, such as smoke bombs and armlets (arm bands which give you additional buffs) are also nowhere to be found, but I guess you could also apply the latter criticism to the 2nd NG as well!

Oh and of course the enemy quotes, I can't forget about those recycled lines all throughout the game! :facepalm:

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I sure hope a Direct is scheduled for next month, I’m pretty confident that Ryu Hayabusa will end the Fighters Pass, despite all the leaks.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I sure hope a Direct is scheduled for next month, I’m pretty confident that Ryu Hayabusa will end the Fighters Pass, despite all the leaks.
vergeben said ryu is not the 5th character of pack one

and you know and i know and lots of us know despite him gettting stuff wrong hes yet to get one wrong about smash the only iffy thing is the minecraft boss part

UberPyro64

Smash Ace

and you know and i know and lots of us know despite him gettting stuff wrong hes yet to get one wrong about smash the only iffy thing is the minecraft boss part
Yeah, Hayabusa will be Fighter Pass 2. That's what I'm counting on. I'm thinking Doom Slayer is #5 for Fighter Pass 1.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
To add to this, my personal biggest gripe was the lacking weapon variety in the original 3, with some of the most iconic weapons only being added later as DLC! Although RE added more, it didn't really introduce any brand new ones.

The lack of sub weapon variety, such as smoke bombs and armlets (arm bands which give you additional buffs) are also nowhere to be found, but I guess you could also apply the latter criticism to the 2nd NG as well!

Oh and of course the enemy quotes, I can't forget about those recycled lines all throughout the game! :facepalm:
Sounds like it was a good idea to play the game in Japanese... lol

Based on what you’re both telling me I’m also glad I played NG3 first. Can’t miss what I never had from the old games. There’s no where to go but up!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

They did get the timing wrong for Hero don't forget. They're definitely the town gossip to put the most stock in though.

I just want to know when Hayabusa talk first started. It would probably clear up a lot of confusion. We have until February for the Fighters Pass to end after all.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Rather unlikely for both to happen at once, but man, we would be spoiled if Ryu Hayabusa arrived to Smash and got a new Ninja Gaiden game in development afterwards. The absolute best outcome, but I'll stay reserved and look forward to Hayabusa making it through first. If not by the end of the current Fighters Pass, definitely during later DLC, hopefully.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I’m not sure if we already discussed this, but I’m actually quite surprised at how lacking the fan demand for Ryu Hayabusa is, compared to other popular picks.
You’d think that such an iconic character with a huge history with Nintendo would end up being one of the most requested characters for Smash.
I wonder if people see him too much as just another retro character, or just another sword fighter.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I’m not sure if we already discussed this, but I’m actually quite surprised at how lacking the fan demand for Ryu Hayabusa is, compared to other popular picks.
You’d think that such an iconic character with a huge history with Nintendo would end up being one of the most requested characters for Smash.
I wonder if people see him too much as just another retro character, or just another sword fighter.
From what I’ve seen, people only see the katana and ignore literally everything else he does.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Well, to be as unbiased as possible, Ninja Gaiden is not as huge a franchise as most other 3rd party series in Smash and even ones Ninja Gaiden is competing with to get in. By huge, I mean sales-wise. The most concrete and unbiased way to quantify popularity of a series is no doubt total sales of the whole franchise. To put it into perspective:

Final Fantasy - 142 million
Sonic the Hedgehog - 123.32 million
Dragon Quest - 76 million
Metal Gear - 53.8 million
Pac-Man - 43.243 million
Street Fighter - 43 million
Mega Man - 35 million
Castlevania - 20 million
Megami Tensei - 17.2 million*
Persona - 10 million
Bayonetta - N/A
Banjo-Kazooie - N/A
Fatal Fury - N/A
King of Fighters - N/A*

*included by association of another series

Ninja Gaiden's sales in perspective to other popularly suggested series not yet represented with a playable character in Smash (also includes other Koei Tecmo franchises in comparison to Ninja Gaiden):

Minecraft - 176 million
Resident Evil - 92 million
Tomb Raider - 74 million
Halo - 70 million
Crash Bandicoot - 60 million
Monster Hunter - 54 million
The Elder Scrolls - 52 million
Mortal Kombat - 49 million
Tekken - 48 million
The Witcher - 40 million
Kingdom Hearts - 30 million
Rayman - 26 million
Souls - 25 million
Devil May Cry - 20 million
Tales - 20 million
Dynasty Warriors - 18 million*
Professor Layton - 17 million
Soulcalibur - 15 million
Yo-Kai Watch - 13 million
Bomberman - 10 million
Nobunaga's Ambition - 10 million*
Dead or Alive - 9.7 million*
Doom - 8.5 million
Ninja Gaiden - 7.705 million
Ace Attorney - 7.1 million
Samurai Warriors - 7 million*
Chrono - 5.4 million

*Koei Tecmo's other franchises

Source: Wikipedia

The list may seem a bit arbitrary at times but the point is Ninja Gaiden is quite low in sales compared to other popularly suggested 3rd party franchises. It's not even the best selling Koei Tecmo franchise by any means, even Dead or Alive narrowly beats it out probably because waifus.

The actual answer as to why Ryu Hayabusa and Ninja Gaiden are unpopular suggestions for Smash are really hard to pinpoint. It could be because Ninja Gaiden on NES wasn't quite as popular as Mega Man and Castlevania possibly due to its harder difficulty. Calling Ninja Gaiden iconic as well is rather subjective and can be debated. Its early history with Nintendo started in 1988 on the NES and ended with a butchered trilogy port on SNES in 1995 whereas Mega Man and Castlevania continued on on future Nintendo consoles. Ninja Gaiden wouldn't see an appearance on another Nintendo console until 13 years later in 2008 with Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword on the Nintendo DS. So popularity with Nintendo fans pretty much shifted to Xbox and, to a lesser extent, Playstation due to the series not majorly appearing on Nintendo consoles. Serious fan requests and demand for characters in Smash really picked up before the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl in 2008, which Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive were still heavily associated with Xbox (thank Tomonobu Itagaki for that). Also, Ninja Gaiden has really low popularity in Japan due to the association and partial exclusivity to Xbox since the console sold rather poorly there. Now, I can see why many people point to Ryu Hayabusa's NES, classic, retro roots as a reason to include him in Smash AS A RETRO NES CHARACTER (which I hate so much) because he really didn't have many great appearances on Nintendo consoles lately, with his last major appearance being Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge which sold on the dying Wii U...

Take note, characters don't always get in Smash due to overall (worldwide) popularity. Look at Joker, Hero, and Terry. Characters can get in due to other reasons. Sakurai just needs to see a reason to include Ninja Gaiden with Ryu Hayabusa as a playable fighter in Smash. I suppose Nintendo's great relations and collaborations with Koei Tecmo recently (Fire Emblem: Three Houses being the biggest thing right now) is what's really gonna get Ryu Hayabusa in Smash seeing as popularity is not really what's gonna cut it. Who knows, maybe Hayabusa was the most popular among Koei Tecmo's pool of characters on the Smash Ballot and Sakurai is going to answer that call...

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Well, to be as unbiased as possible, Ninja Gaiden is not as huge a franchise as most other 3rd party series in Smash and even ones Ninja Gaiden is competing with to get in. By huge, I mean sales-wise. The most concrete and unbiased way to quantify popularity of a series is no doubt total sales of the whole franchise. To put it into perspective:

Pac-Man - 43.243 million
Mega Man - 35 million
Castlevania - 20 million
Persona - 10 million
Bayonetta - N/A
Banjo-Kazooie - N/A
Fatal Fury - N/A
King of Fighters - N/A*

Ninja Gaiden's sales in perspective to other popularly suggested series not yet represented with a playable character in Smash (also includes other Koei Tecmo franchises in comparison to Ninja Gaiden):

Minecraft - 176 million
Tomb Raider - 74 million
Halo - 70 million
Tekken - 48 million
The Witcher - 40 million
Rayman - 26 million
Souls - 25 million
Tales - 20 million
Soulcalibur - 15 million
Bomberman - 10 million
Doom - 8.5 million
Chrono - 5.4 million

The list may seem a bit arbitrary at times but the point is Ninja Gaiden is quite low in sales compared to other popularly suggested 3rd party franchises. It's not even the best selling Koei Tecmo franchise by any means, even Dead or Alive narrowly beats it out probably because waifus.

The actual answer as to why Ryu Hayabusa and Ninja Gaiden are unpopular suggestions for Smash are really hard to pinpoint. It could be because Ninja Gaiden on NES wasn't quite as popular as Mega Man and Castlevania possibly due to its harder difficulty. Calling Ninja Gaiden iconic as well is rather subjective and can be debated. Its early history with Nintendo started in 1988 on the NES and ended with a butchered trilogy port on SNES in 1995 whereas Mega Man and Castlevania continued on on future Nintendo consoles. Ninja Gaiden wouldn't see an appearance on another Nintendo console until 13 years later in 2008 with Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword on the Nintendo DS. So popularity with Nintendo fans pretty much shifted to Xbox and, to a lesser extent, Playstation due to the series not majorly appearing on Nintendo consoles. Serious fan requests and demand for characters in Smash really picked up before the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl in 2008, which Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive were still heavily associated with Xbox (thank Tomonobu Itagaki for that). Also, Ninja Gaiden has really low popularity in Japan due to the association and partial exclusivity to Xbox since the console sold rather poorly there. Now, I can see why many people point to Ryu Hayabusa's NES, classic, retro roots as a reason to include him in Smash AS A RETRO NES CHARACTER (which I hate so much) because he really didn't have many great appearances on Nintendo consoles, with his last major appearance being Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge which sold on the dying Wii U...

Take note, characters don't always get in Smash due to overall (worldwide) popularity. Look at Joker, Hero, and Terry. Characters can get in due to other reasons. Sakurai just needs to see a reason to include Ninja Gaiden with Ryu Hayabusa as a playable fighter in Smash. I suppose Nintendo's great relations and collaborations with Koei Tecmo recently (Fire Emblem: Three Houses being the biggest thing right now) is what's really gonna get Ryu Hayabusa in Smash seeing as popularity is not really what's gonna cut it. Who knows, maybe Hayabusa was the most popular among Koei Tecmo's pool of characters on the Smash Ballot and Sakurai is going to answer that call...
You said what I was going to say plus much more. Lol Very nice analysis.

Yea, Ryu’s fanbase is just really split up right now, and it was small to begin with due to him being from a franchise that’s more hardcore in nature.

Add to that his series has been on a 5 year hiatus, with the last two games receiving bad to mixed reviews. It’s not in the best place right now.

In spite of all of that though he’s still one of the most recognizable characters from gaming, and is hands down the most famous video game ninja. His sales may be low when compared to the big guns, but they’re certainly nothing to balk at either.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

Pac-Man - 43.243 million
Mega Man - 35 million
Castlevania - 20 million
Persona - 10 million
Bayonetta - N/A
Banjo-Kazooie - N/A
Fatal Fury - N/A
King of Fighters - N/A*

Minecraft - 176 million
Tomb Raider - 74 million
Halo - 70 million
Tekken - 48 million
The Witcher - 40 million
Rayman - 26 million
Souls - 25 million
Tales - 20 million
Soulcalibur - 15 million
Bomberman - 10 million
Doom - 8.5 million
Chrono - 5.4 million

The actual answer as to why Ryu Hayabusa and Ninja Gaiden are unpopular suggestions for Smash are really hard to pinpoint. It could be because Ninja Gaiden on NES wasn't quite as popular as Mega Man and Castlevania possibly due to its harder difficulty. Calling Ninja Gaiden iconic as well is rather subjective and can be debated. Its early history with Nintendo started in 1988 on the NES and ended with a butchered trilogy port on SNES in 1995 whereas Mega Man and Castlevania continued on on future Nintendo consoles. Ninja Gaiden wouldn't see an appearance on another Nintendo console until 13 years later in 2008 with Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword on the Nintendo DS. So popularity with Nintendo fans pretty much shifted to Xbox and, to a lesser extent, Playstation due to the series not majorly appearing on Nintendo consoles. Serious fan requests and demand for characters in Smash really picked up before the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl in 2008, which Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive were still heavily associated with Xbox (thank Tomonobu Itagaki for that). Also, Ninja Gaiden has really low popularity in Japan due to the association and partial exclusivity to Xbox since the console sold rather poorly there. Now, I can see why many people point to Ryu Hayabusa's NES, classic, retro roots as a reason to include him in Smash AS A RETRO NES CHARACTER (which I hate so much) because he really didn't have many great appearances on Nintendo consoles lately, with his last major appearance being Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge which sold on the dying Wii U...

Hayabusa is also in Dead or Alive.
But as my signature says, I believe he is all but confirmed in the future.
Edit: He's also been playable in the newer Dynasty Warriors games, including the upcoming Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate.
So even though his main series is only 7.7 million, he is clearly Koei Tecmo's mascot, and if you count his other playable appearances, that makes him a 35 million seller. Much more Smash-worthy.

Last edited:
NNID
Megamanxtreme247
3DS FC
0233-0693-2297
Switch FC
1389-8562-4404
Them!? One is a pretender, the other is commanded by another. They know nothing of blood and suffering. They understand nothing of what it means to be...
View attachment 243459
Shinobi.
EPIC speech my friend!!
Although I would'nt count them out just yet.
They do have a strong combo game in their competitive following in pro level tourneys and have a somewhat ninja esque moveset that can play mind games on their opponents. But hayabusa would be badass though, which is why he's one of my most wanted fighter pass #2 characters

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
EPIC speech my friend!!
Although I would'nt count them out just yet.
They do have a strong combo game in their competitive following in pro level tourneys and have a somewhat ninja esque moveset that can play mind games on their opponents. But hayabusa would be badass though, which is why he's one of my most wanted fighter pass #2 characters
Lol thanks. I was mostly being silly, but there is truth to it. Ryu would be the lone canonical ninja even if he’s not the only ninja archetype.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Damn, as silly as this is, I’m so used to the NES Ninja Gaiden games that I sometimes forget how aggressive and gory the series eventually became.
I remember watching a bit of the gameplay of one of its 3D games (I think it was Sigma) and getting so shocked at the level of violence.

RavenousChuChu

Smash Rookie
Damn, as silly as this is, I’m so used to the NES Ninja Gaiden games that I sometimes forget how aggressive and gory the series eventually became.
I remember watching a bit of the gameplay of one of its 3D games (I think it was Sigma) and getting so shocked at the level of violence.
We can't forget that the NES Ninja Gaiden games get pretty graphic as well! I mean, Ryu strikes his enemies so hard with the Dragon sword that they literally explode into a thousand pieces and then vaporize without a trace, animals and fiends alike, truly ruthless stuff!

Ok jokes aside, they really did ramp it up in the modern trilogy, especially in the Xbox versions, with delimbing becoming a major part of 2 and Razor's Edge (it was removed in 3 for some reason, only to be quickly added back in RE) opening up the obliteration technique mechanic.

While I'm sure I'd still love the series even if the gore was kept to a minimum (I enjoyed the hell out of the PAL version of Ninja Gaiden, which removed decapitations altogether!) In my opinion I think the gore adds to Ryu's image of a ninja on a mission who won't hesitate to mercilessly slice down foes using full force if they threaten the livelihood of the Hayabusa ninja clan, and ultimately the fate of the world!

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
We can't forget that the NES Ninja Gaiden games get pretty graphic as well! I mean, Ryu strikes his enemies so hard with the Dragon sword that they literally explode into a thousand pieces and then vaporize without a trace, animals and fiends alike, truly ruthless stuff!

Ok jokes aside, they really did ramp it up in the modern trilogy, especially in the Xbox versions, with delimbing becoming a major part of 2 and Razor's Edge (it was removed in 3 for some reason, only to be quickly added back in RE) opening up the obliteration technique mechanic.

While I'm sure I'd still love the series even if the gore was kept to a minimum (I enjoyed the hell out of the PAL version of Ninja Gaiden, which removed decapitations altogether!) In my opinion I think the gore adds to Ryu's image of a ninja on a mission who won't hesitate to mercilessly slice down foes using full force if they threaten the livelihood of the Hayabusa ninja clan, and ultimately the fate of the world!
Lol pretty much the only scene that put balls to the wall was the cutscene that showed Jaquio’s blood dripping on the ground in Ninja Gaiden II (NES).

I didn’t mean it as a flaw, while I wouldn’t mind at all if the franchise stayed “kid-friendly” and bloodless (personally I’m not that much of a fan of gory Hack and Slash games), I gotta admit, you’re playing as a ninja with a katana so blood and gore is only inevitable, and I agree that it does add to the dark and grimly tone that the universe of Ninja Gaiden carries.

I should mention that I was like 10 when I first saw the gameplay of one of the 3D Ninja Gaiden games, and I was only used to the NES games, so yeah, I was kind of confused since I used to think Ninja Gaiden was supposed to be for kids.

Gotta say tho, I really wish Tecmo could make a new Ninja Gaiden that followed the exact same style and graphics as the old school ones, kind of like Megaman 9 and 10.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Lol pretty much the only scene that put balls to the wall was the cutscene that showed Jaquio’s blood dripping on the ground.

I didn’t mean it as a flaw, while I wouldn’t mind at all if the franchise stayed “kid-friendly” and bloodless (personally I’m not that much of a fan of gory Hack and Slash games), I gotta admit, you’re playing as a ninja with a katana so blood and gore is only inevitable, and I agree that it does add to the dark and grimly tone that the universe of Ninja Gaiden caries.

I should mention that I was like 10 when I first saw the gameplay of one of the 3D Ninja Gaiden games, and I was only used to the NES games, so yeah, I was kind of confused.

Gotta say tho, I really wish Tecmo could make a new Ninja Gaiden that followed the exact same style and graphics as the old school ones, kind of like Megaman 9 and 10.
Either a new retro Ninja Gaiden or a new modern one would be amazing. Now both... That's dreaming big. And I like dreaming big.

Last edited:

Flik

Smash Journeyman
I wonder what are the chances of Unmasked Hayabusa being at least one alternate costume.

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
I support Ryu Hayabusa coming into Smash. He and his games are so iconic. Look at Tecmo’s history with Nintendo. When you think of classic Nintendo games, one of the first ones you will recognize is Ninja Gaiden and how insanely hard it is. I want Ryu Hayabusa to make it in for sure, especially if I get to hear a new version for the Unbreakable Determination music!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The very best version of Unbreakable Determination I've heard so far.
To be entirely honest, with the leaks and what not, I am bumbed out that Fighter 5 is likely not Hayabusa. However, judging from what those leakers HAVE said, it seems like Hayabusa is just a matter of time.

Yeah I wish he was next but all in all at least I still have hope. I still have my unbreakable determination.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
How likely do you think this is real? It’s pretty convincing to me, and I wonder how it would affect Brew’s leak that Ryu will be shown off this year. Then again, DG and Geno may not be the very next characters. No telling at this point I suppose.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm just waiting for this to turn out to be the next Grinch Leak. An leak seemingly convincing only to prove not to be. If anything shouldn't we had learned from now from the Grinch Leak?

Expectations are still low.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I'm just waiting for this to turn out to be the next Grinch Leak. An leak seemingly convincing only to prove not to be. If anything shouldn't we had learned from now from the Grinch Leak?

Expectations are still low.
Seems a bit more legit than the Grinch leak, but I understand your skepticism.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
How likely do you think this is real? It’s pretty convincing to me, and I wonder how it would affect Brew’s leak that Ryu will be shown off this year. Then again, DG and Geno may not be the very next characters. No telling at this point I suppose.
It is very likely to be real. Modding is a thing for Smash Ultimate but, to my knowledge, it hasn't been made possible to mod in new 3d assets for Mii costumes so this would be a first if someone just discovered how to do it and decided to troll instead of divilge the new information.

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
I tend to believe video leaks. That's what made Artsyomni's Rahman so convincing.

At this point I'd actually be impressed if it was fake.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
https://twitter.com/nintendovs/status/1191520592719036416?s=21

Good thing we'll find out if the Mii costumes are real soon enough. Or maybe, they are scheduled to come later if they are real but not shown in this upcoming direct.

This will really be a huge blow to Shifty and Brew's claiming Ryu's being revealed in 2019 if the fifth fighter really ends up being DOOM Slayer and Geno is the first fighter after the Fighters Pass or vice-versa. I cannot see them revealing more than one fighter after the Fighters Pass all in 2019.

EDIT: Welp, leave it up to me to speak so soon. I never look at the Newcomer Speculation thread so you guys might already know but a Japanese disclaimer says that no new fighters will be shown this upcoming presentation. Those Mii costumes though are still up in the air.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
https://twitter.com/nintendovs/status/1191520592719036416?s=21

Good thing we'll find out if the Mii costumes are real soon enough. Or maybe, they are scheduled to come later if they are real but not shown in this upcoming direct.

This will really be a huge blow to Shifty and Brew's claiming Ryu's being revealed in 2019 if the fifth fighter really ends up being DOOM Slayer and Geno is the first fighter after the Fighters Pass or vice-versa. I cannot see them revealing more than one fighter after the Fighters Pass all in 2019.

EDIT: Welp, leave it up to me to speak so soon. I never look at the Newcomer Speculation thread so you guys might already know but a Japanese disclaimer says that no new fighters will be shown this upcoming presentation. Those Mii costumes though are still up in the air.
People are skeptical about it, but why would they lie about that? Some are saying it may be a mistranslation, but I’m not sure. I just really don’t get how he’s going to fill that 45 min. That much more content in 6.0?

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1191270163796021248?s=20

That credible leaker that everyone talks about also say that no one has been able to mod Mii costumes, as of yet.
I personally think it's hard to believe if this is actually fake, given how real it looks. Don't worry tho, I'm sure Ryu Hayabusa will definitely get his turn too.

The only question now is, are we gonna get Geno or Doomguy as DLC, cuz I highly doubt they'll announce both right away.
But either way, I'm up for both of them.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1191270163796021248?s=20

That credible leaker that everyone talks about also say that no one has been able to mod Mii costumes, as of yet.
I personally think it's hard to believe if this is actually fake, given how real it looks. Don't worry tho, I'm sure Ryu Hayabusa will definitely get his turn too.

The only question now is, are we gonna get Geno or Doomguy as DLC, cuz I highly doubt they'll announce both right away.
But either way, I'm up for both of them.
I'm holding off from saying either/or because revelations are popping up rather quickly such as the fact that new Mii assets can, in fact, be loaded in Smash, replacing existing assets, but they need to be a lower file size otherwise the game will crash as well:

https://twitter.com/SirDusterBuster/status/1191411164158332929
https://twitter.com/SirDusterBuster/status/1191464422486822917

and this:
https://twitter.com/MKHT_Real/status/1191726353332264964

There ARE arguments against these tweets so it's still hard to tell whether the Mallow and Cacodemon hats are real or not.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
What’s a guy gotta do to get on one of these “supporter” lists?

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
What’s a guy gotta do to get on one of these “supporter” lists?
You have to contact the owner of the thread, Jaguar360 Jaguar360 and ask him to put you in the Support “Ninjas” list.
He has been away for a couple of time, tho.
So Jaguar, if you see this, can you add both of us, please?

Top Bottom