• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Justice Always Triumphs." - Ryu Hayabusa for Smash Switch! (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'm definitely on the side of the Brew leak being real due to them asking to be left alone when most fake leakers try to milk people for more attention.

DrKatz

Smash Cadet
I'm definitely on the side of the Brew leak being real due to them asking to be left alone when most fake leakers try to milk people for more attention.
I agree completely! I think if a leaker was spewing false information, they’d usually want the attention and commotion. I’m getting pretty hopeful that Hayabusa will indeed be one of the next few characters, likely fighter # 5 as multiple leakers have started throwing his name around.

This would be super exciting if it’s true. He’s one of my most requested characters right next to Raiden and Sephiroth, whom we likely will never get.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
So I’m planning on getting NG3 Razor’s Edge real soon for Wii U. I wanted to play the first two games in the reboot first, but I just don’t have the console I need. I’m just really wanting to get into modern NG. I figured I didn’t need to worry too much about the order I played them seeing as the franchise is hardly known for its story telling lol. What do y’all think?

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
So I’m planning on getting NG3 Razor’s Edge real soon for Wii U. I wanted to play the first two games in the reboot first, but I just don’t have the console I need. I’m just really wanting to get into modern NG. I figured I didn’t need to worry too much about the order I played them seeing as the franchise is hardly known for its story telling lol. What do y’all think?
Ninja Gaiden 3 (RE) is seen as the weakest entry in the modern Ninja Gaiden trilogy. While it's not a bad place to start *cough Yaiba cough* it's not one of the two games most modern Ninja Gaiden fans love modern Ninja Gaiden for, those 2 being Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden 2 for Xbox and Xbox 360, respectively. Although, you can play all 3 mainline games enhanced on Xbox One consoles. Personally, I have Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1, Sigma 2, Razor's Edge, and even Dragon Sword on the Nintendo DS.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Ninja Gaiden 3 (RE) is seen as the weakest entry in the modern Ninja Gaiden trilogy. While it's not a bad place to start *cough Yaiba cough* it's not one of the two games most modern Ninja Gaiden fans love modern Ninja Gaiden for, those 2 being Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden 2 for Xbox and Xbox 360, respectively. Although, you can play all 3 mainline games enhanced on Xbox One consoles. Personally, I have Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1, Sigma 2, Razor's Edge, and even Dragon Sword on the Nintendo DS.
Yea that’s too bad. I’ve heard similar accounts, but there’s a lot of people who enjoy it too. I figure I’ll probably get a kick out of it. Either way I don’t exactly have a choice. I was planning on getting a 360 sometime next year once there’s more money to work with, but wasn’t sure how much I should prioritize it. We’ll see.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Hey guys, question, what would Ryu's icon be? You know, like mushroom is for Mario and triforce is for Link. I'm making something and I kinda need one, all i find on google are the text logos of ninja gaiden…

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hey guys, question, what would Ryu's icon be? You know, like mushroom is for Mario and triforce is for Link. I'm making something and I kinda need one, all i find on google are the text logos of ninja gaiden…
Maybe the powerup with the 忍 kanji?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Maybe the Ninja kanji found on the power-ups?

Edit: :ultgreninja:‘d

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Good question! I've been wondering that myself. I'm not the most familiar with Ninja Gaiden, so I don't know what his series icon would be. I've seen these two tossed around though

The kanji would be a good one imo.

A shuriken would also be a pretty safe choice, maybe one similar to the windmill shuriken from the NES games (probably the most recognizable):

6.jpg

... or like the one someone made for this thumbnail:

Thumbnail.png

The Dragon clan is pretty omnipresent in Ninja Gaiden lore but i don't remember seeing the crest itself except in the old animated movie: https://youtu.be/1_qqm96rQeA?t=44 . Maybe it does appear in the games idk. Not the most recognizable one but it would make a pretty cool icon nonetheless.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I’ll have NG 3 tomorrow! I’ll let y’all know what I think. :grin:

Also this happened:

It’s hard to know how to feel because Crash is my most wanted, but I still really want Ryu as well. Honestly I feel like Ryu is more deserving than any other 3rd party right now. I do agree with PapaGenos that it’s very possible that both are coming. I hope so. I would be 100% satisfied with this game if this happened! I really don’t need anyone else. We’ll just have to see I suppose. All the leakers seem pretty credible.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
This is a pretty bittersweet leak to me, considering that I love Ryu but hate Crash.

But yeah it seems credible, nevertheless.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I never really understood the sentiment of hating game characters. Unless they’re racist caricatures or something lol. I suppose if you hate their personality, but Crash is so innocent and silly.

Last edited:

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Crash being fifth and orange would line up with color theory nicely, dumb theory but it might coincidentally be true. Oh well, if it's true hopefully Ryu Hayabusa is one of the next few fighters because I can't wait any longer. I don't hate Crash myself (grew up more with Spyro) but I understand he is a more well-known video game character worldwide (even in Japan) compared to Ryu and would probably end the Fighters Pass on a better note for most people.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The color heart will win if crash is the 5th character

But yea 100% sure ryu and crash are both coming he other will be in wave 2 (or 3) mark my words

DrKatz

Smash Cadet

Also this happened:

It’s hard to know how to feel because Crash is my most wanted, but I still really want Ryu as well. Honestly I feel like Ryu is more deserving than any other 3rd party right now. I do agree with PapaGenos that it’s very possible that both are coming. I hope so. I would be 100% satisfied with this game if this happened! I really don’t need anyone else. We’ll just have to see I suppose. All the leakers seem pretty credible.
So I grew up with all the Crash Bandicoot games as kid, and I played them all from start to finish with my brother. I would be super happy if Crash is one of the next DLC characters.

That said, Ryu Hayabusa is a “cooler” character and more the type that I’d actually main. So I’d hope that Hayabusa is the 5th DLC, and Crash is one of the first few in the next fighter pass. Then I wouldn’t ask for anything else from Smash.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, congrats to be the more likely to get your char in now.
Hayabusa was also one on my currently top 10 to be invited. Hope he be more based on Ninja Gaiden, but the content added make a good balance between NG and DoA.

RavenousChuChu

Smash Rookie
So I grew up with all the Crash Bandicoot games as kid, and I played them all from start to finish with my brother. I would be super happy if Crash is one of the next DLC characters.

That said, Ryu Hayabusa is a “cooler” character and more the type that I’d actually main. So I’d hope that Hayabusa is the 5th DLC, and Crash is one of the first few in the next fighter pass. Then I wouldn’t ask for anything else from Smash.
Same here! Although i'm a bigger Ninja Gaiden fan, I also grew up playing a ton of Crash Bandicoot games, maybe even a bit too obsessively, 100%ing the PS1 trilogy + CTR. I've even enjoyed a few of the non Naughty Dog titles like Crash Bash & Twinsanity and more recently CTR Nitro Fueled for the past few months.

While i'd still prefer Ryu Hayabusa to be fighter #5, I really hope that they both make it in at some point!

Nice. I hope you find it enjoyable! Although I also feel that Ninja Gaiden 3 is the weakest in the modern trilogy like many others, I also feel Razor's Edge made some muuuch needed improvements to the gameplay! In my opinion, i'd say avoid the non Razor's Edge version of 3 like the plague lol. :p

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495

Also this happened:

i been talking to PapaGeno's and Sabi about that Crash leak
when we gotten in-depth about, i switched from "interested" to "very skeptical".
and i think it was wise for Ryce for not backing it either, there's something wrong with the rumor due to a weird info mix.

so i don't think you should worry about this Crash leak endangering Hayabusa, can't say but its a really shady rumor you shouldn't put your head into.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
i been talking to PapaGeno's and Sabi about that Crash leak
when we gotten in-depth about, i switched from "interested" to "very skeptical".
and i think it was wise for Ryce for not backing it either, there's something wrong with the rumor due to a weird info mix.

so i don't think you should worry about this Crash leak endangering Hayabusa, can't say but its a really shady rumor you shouldn't put your head into.
Apparently, news from Sabi's "NoA Ambassador" source: https://i.gyazo.com/7a365f663ef94ea003ab2d3fccdfee0b.png. Basically:

No Tracer
No Crash

Take this however you will.

In other news, a new leak with Reimu Hakurei of Touhou Project is gaining traction. I think it best to take all leaks with a grain of salt at this point. These next few weeks will be especially horrendous leading up to Terry's release. Even worse if Challenger Pack 5 doesn't shows up by then.

Last edited:

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Apparently, news from Sabi's "NoA Ambassador" source: https://i.gyazo.com/7a365f663ef94ea003ab2d3fccdfee0b.png. Basically:

No Tracer
No Crash

In other news, a new leak with Reimu Hakurei of Touhou Project is gaining traction. I think it best to take all leaks with a grain of salt at this point. These next few weeks will be especially horrendous leading up to Terry's release. Even worse if Challenger Pack 5 doesn't shows up by then.
I think it's very difficult to trust any leaks nowadays, especially with what happened with the Grinch leak almost a year ago. At least a day or two before the September direct, Sabi said on Twitter that after Terry's reveal that Smash DLC speculation would be wild and we're already seeing a bunch of rumors pop up.

Personally I think Challenger Pack 5 will be revealed at the Game Awards, so I'm expecting that Smash speculation would be even more chaotic than it is now.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495

No Tracer
No Crash

There's also this
https://smashboards.com/threads/gen...i-discord-poll.446378/page-1518#post-23605380

Crash leak seems pretty dead at this point. SupirorGuy is know to make a lot of fake leaks.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
So with the amount of things going around lately, how do you guys feel about Ryu Hayabusa's chances of being the 5th fighters pass character at the moment? As of right now I think he has the best chance of being the next character unless of course something else pops up later on.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So with the amount of things going around lately, how do you guys feel about Ryu Hayabusa's chances of being the 5th fighters pass character at the moment? As of right now I think he has the best chance of being the next character unless of course something else pops up later on.
Same. Given what we've heard from Fatmanonice recently, most everyone on their end has been hearing that Ryu is coming, so it seems like he's definitely happening, and most likely he's gonna be FP5.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Same. Given what we've heard from Fatmanonice recently, most everyone on their end has been hearing that Ryu is coming, so it seems like he's definitely happening, and most likely he's gonna be FP5.
Sorry, Fatmanonice? How do they play into this?

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
I don't know which leaks are legit or not anymore. I'm just glad Hayabusa is fresh in everyone's head, even if he doesn't get in.

Some music to keep spirits high. Here's a great cover of Stage 2-2 from the original.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
I don't know which leaks are legit or not anymore. I'm just glad Hayabusa is fresh in everyone's head, even if he doesn't get in.

Some music to keep spirits high. Here's a great cover of Stage 2-2 from the original.
Pretty good cover. On the topic of fan remixes, here's an awesome cover of Unbreakable Determination (4-2) from the original. If Hayabusa gets in then we might even hear a remix of the song in a reveal trailer or a showcase video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Just found this tweet from April a few minutes ago. This person has correctly guessed three of the four characters shown (the other character is of course Ryu). Before you ask, no this is not a leak. This tweet just simply had lucky guesses, but I still think things are lining up pretty nicely for Ryu.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Just found this tweet from April a few minutes ago. This person has correctly guessed three of the four characters shown (the other character is of course Ryu). Before you ask, no this is not a leak. This tweet just simply had lucky guesses, but I still think things are lining up pretty nicely for Ryu.

Uhhh... that’s a hell of a lot of luck I have to say. What are the odds? Lol

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Good on PapaGenos for once again giving us some clarity in this time of complete and utter confusion. :laugh:

I too feel like Ryu is still the most likely. I’m tired of wondering though...

Last edited:

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
So it looks like Ryu might not be the 5th character in the Fighters Pass after all. Sabi said the person who told her about Terry coming told her that Ryu isn't the next fighter.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So it looks like Ryu might not be the 5th character in the Fighters Pass after all. Sabi said the person who told her about Terry coming told her that Ryu isn't the next fighter.
Not caring how creditable or not he is but I would believe this better if it’s from Vergeben mouth rather than Sabis (even though a good chance sabi is more reliable)

But doesn’t matter it’s almost certain for wave 2 regardless if not in 5 (sabis character better not be in that idiotic female projectile rumor)

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Source?

Edit: Nevermind, found the tweet. I must say, even Sabi's credibility must come into question as they even backed the Fortnite 4chan leak for no good reason. Oh well, if it's true, again, hopefully Ryu is one of the next DLC fighters, eventually...

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Jeez... sick of being jerked around. I really need to lower my expectations. I keep thinking Ryu is a lock, and I need to stop... :facepalm:

RavenousChuChu

Smash Rookie
It's unfortunate hearing about the latest leak rumors, but I suppose ups and downs of character speculation are to be expected when closely following leaks.

Although nothing's set in stone yet, I think the best course of action would be to keep our expectations low, since nothing's official until confirmed by the big N themselves (hearing from more leakers with good track records such as Vergeben might also help shed some light on the situation in the leadup!). Regardless of whether Ryu makes the fighter pass or not, I think the most important thing is to keep our support for Hayabusa as high as possible, so that he may have a higher chance of eventually making it into smash at some point down the line!

Top Bottom