• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Justice Always Triumphs." - Ryu Hayabusa for Smash Switch! (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)

jamesster445

Smash Lord
1.) Why is the stage that everyone seems to assume will come with Ryu Hayabusa "Sky City Tokyo" (that's the assumption at least where I've looked)?
2.) I hope if Ryu Hayabusa gets in his default design is his modern black design (I would like the classic skin as an alt, but I just think it doesn't look as good as the modern design).
3.) I've never heard any Ninja Gaiden music, but when doing research for Ryu Hayabusa I stumbled upon his theme in Warriors Orochi 3 and man... I hope that gets in Smash because that's really catchy.
4.) Do you think if Ryu Hayabusa got in Smash they'd cut off the Hayabusa on the character select screen? I know Smash doesn't do full names (Cloud Strife, Solid Snake, Terry Bogard, etc.), but I've heard everyone refer to him as his full name more often than not. I don't know how much that occurs in Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive. Personally, I'd prefer the Hayabusa be kept in... but I doubt it.
1. It was a stage in Dead or Alive 5 and the first level of Xbox Gaiden 2. Personally between potential obstacles and visual design, it's the best potential stage.
2. He's getting both designs if anything. I'd be shocked if they included one but not the other.
3. I actually made a playlist of potential NG songs to appear. Check it out here. Yes it includes his Warriors theme Unbreakable Determination.
4. Assuming they don't give him his full name, hell be referred to solely by his last name, which is how he's generally referred to in Dead or Alive.

DrKatz

Smash Cadet
Finally made it to Act VI in Ninja Gaiden NES. I confess I couldn’t do it without the rewind feature, game is super hard. But man, I have all these ideas for how his moves could be incorporated into Smash. His spin slash power up would make a great nair!

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I finished Ninja Gaiden Black! It was great and brutal. One of the best action games I've played! More people should play it. I hope it somehow comes to the Switch.

The game shows so much in terms of potential moveset, too. I'd love it if they incorporate stuff from both classic and modern versions.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
I finished Ninja Gaiden Black! It was great and brutal. One of the best action games I've played! More people should play it. I hope it somehow comes to the Switch.

The game shows so much in terms of potential moveset, too. I'd love it if they incorporate stuff from both classic and modern versions.
That would be the best case scenario, honestly. I think more people need to stop thinking Ryu Hayabusa is some retro character that needs to be represented soley with the NES games because he isn't retro anymore and his series has evolved much like any series that were born around the same time but still have games being made to this day. Sorry, still riled up by the comparisons to Simon Belmont or Mega Man to justify a NES/SNES-inspired moveset.

Regrettably, I only have access to Ninja Gaiden Sigma since I don't have any Xboxes.

RavenousChuChu

Smash Rookie

Nice one! The thing I loved about Ninja Gaiden Black's difficulty is that it rarely ever felt difficult for the wrong reasons, such as cheap enemy placement, which I feel like the original NES games suffered from at certain points. While it isn't perfect, I do agree that it's one of the finest action games around, and has held up very well over the years!

If you have the patience, i'd definitely recommend trying out the higher difficulties because of how much it changes up the enemies and even the key item/weapon locations, imo how an increased difficulty mode should be, instead of just turning the same enemies into damage sponges! The doppleganger fiends are some of my favourite encounters in the game (at least until you have to fight the unlaboured flawlessness ones on master ninja lol), but don't appear at all during normal mode! Hard/ Very hard were quite enjoyable, but i'd say only try out master ninja if you have some spare cash around for controller repairs haha.

A moveset with Ryu's classic ninpo for his specials and modern normals/ smash attacks would probably be my favourite combination! I also agree with DrKatz about the spin slash making for a great nair!

That would be the best case scenario, honestly. I think more people need to stop thinking Ryu Hayabusa is some retro character that needs to be represented soley with the NES games because he isn't retro anymore and his series has evolved much like any series that were born around the same time but still have games being made to this day. Sorry, still riled up by the comparisons to Simon Belmont or Mega Man to justify a NES/SNES-inspired moveset.

Regrettably, I only have access to Ninja Gaiden Sigma since I don't have any Xboxes.
Like Oblivion mentioned, I also hope that Black (along with the other modern titles) make their way to Switch at some point in the future. But if you're thinking of picking up an Xbox at some point, the xbox one is without a doubt the definitive way to play em, since 1, 2 and 3:Razor's Edge have enhanced graphics and a more stable frame rate. 1 and 3:RE never dropped below 60fps for me, but 2 had some slowdown, although from what i've seen the Xbox one X plays them all locked at 60fps.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413

In terms of moveset, modern version can do almost everything classic one can do, except for clones unless he can do that in the later games. It's not a Simon/Mega Man situation, imo. More of a Doomguy situation with both classic and modern Doom games being great.

I actually bought a used Xbox One S to play Ninja Gaiden Black, and the purchase was more that justified! I hope you can play it one day.
Nice one! The thing I loved about Ninja Gaiden Black's difficulty is that it rarely ever felt difficult for the wrong reasons, such as cheap enemy placement, which I feel like the original NES games suffered from at certain points. While it isn't perfect, I do agree that it's one of the finest action games around, and has held up very well over the years!

If you have the patience, i'd definitely recommend trying out the higher difficulties because of how much it changes up the enemies and even the key item/weapon locations, imo how an increased difficulty mode should be, instead of just turning the same enemies into damage sponges! The doppleganger fiends are some of my favourite encounters in the game (at least until you have to fight the unlaboured flawlessness ones on master ninja lol), but don't appear at all during normal mode! Hard/ Very hard were quite enjoyable, but i'd say only try out master ninja if you have some spare cash around for controller repairs haha.

A moveset with Ryu's classic ninpo for his specials and modern normals/ smash attacks would probably be my favourite combination! I also agree with DrKatz about the spin slash making for a great nair!

Like Oblivion mentioned, I also hope that Black (along with the other modern titles) make their way to Switch at some point in the future. But if you're thinking of picking up an Xbox at some point, the xbox one is without a doubt the definitive way to play em, since 1, 2 and 3:Razor's Edge have enhanced graphics and a more stable frame rate. 1 and 3:RE never dropped below 60fps for me, but 2 had some slowdown, although from what i've seen the Xbox one X plays them all locked at 60fps.
I agree. No enemy felt impossible or too cheap. I can't believe a 3d game from 2004-2005 aged so well!

I didn't know higher difficulties were so different. That's nice to know. What's your opinion on the Missions? I haven't tried them yet.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
god, i wish Black, Sigma 2, and Razor's Edge came to the Switch ;v;
ain't got a 360

jamesster445

Smash Lord

Nice I'm glad you had fun with it. As mentioned, on harder difficulties the game introduces new enemies and bosses. But it also adds looks to boss fights. If you thought the ghost Doku was hard wait till you have to fight him alongside fish.

I know these games were made for the Xbox and even has an Xbox in-game but I hope as the best version of the game Black or Sigma gets ported to Switch.

I have been saying this for some time now.

RavenousChuChu

Smash Rookie
In terms of moveset, modern version can do almost everything classic one can do, except for clones unless he can do that in the later games. It's not a Simon/Mega Man situation, imo. More of a Doomguy situation with both classic and modern Doom games being great.

I actually bought a used Xbox One S to play Ninja Gaiden Black, and the purchase was more that justified! I hope you can play it one day.

I agree. No enemy felt impossible or too cheap. I can't believe a 3d game from 2004-2005 aged so well!

I didn't know higher difficulties were so different. That's nice to know. What's your opinion on the Missions? I haven't tried them yet.
I find the missions to be a really fun side mode when i'm not playing through the campaign! There's about 50 missions if you include the final eternal legends challenge, which has 5 missions in one. You'll be placed in small maps from the story mode, but with different combinations of enemies. Part of the challenge comes from the limited weapons and resources they give you e.g. you're unable to use the dragon sword on the first mission, no elixirs and some of the weapons they provide aren't fully upgraded, so sometimes you'll be forced to rethink your strategies against certain enemies. It starts off not too bad, but the later missions can get insane, with you having to fight multiple bosses simultaneously! The missions are on normal mode by default (although enemies not normally seen on normal will appear in some missions), but beating it will unlock the next difficulty up, all the way to master ninja.

I never got around to finishing them all, but I did become more familiar with weapons I rarely used in the story mode b̷e̷c̷a̷u̷s̷e̷ ̷I̷ ̷w̷a̷s̷ ̷t̷o̷o̷ ̷b̷u̷s̷y̷ ̷s̷p̷a̷m̷m̷i̷n̷g̷ ̷3̷6̷0̷ ̷Y̷ ̷g̷l̷e̷a̷m̷i̷n̷g̷ ̷b̷l̷a̷d̷e̷. I'd say give it a go if you're looking for an extra challenge!

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Wtf ANOTHER leaker that leaked PP and says Ryu is the 5th fighter? The rest of the leak sounds like bs, but it’s crazy to me that the PP/Ryu connection keeps popping up.

EDIT: Sorry, jumped the gun a bit. Apparently this leaker has the same proof that the last Ryu leaker had on the PP leak, so it’s a bit confusing as to what’s going on here.

2nd EDIT: The original PP leaker from the last video claims this 4chan Poster is impersonating him. At least now we have the link that shows the PP prediction, but does anyone know if the Facebook post can be easily faked?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=726541694366622&id=100010323940226&_rdr

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
obviously a fake leak. Yeah, Fortnite isn't happening. Next leak, please!

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I'm honestly suprised this thread isn't more active. As someone who isn't even a huge fan of Ryu Hayabusa (I don't dislike him, I just have no personal attachment to him), he seems to be one of the most likely characters for DLC. He has a lot going for him, and the Smash fanbase as a whole seem to think that as well. So I'm just a little suprised this thread isn't filled with more hype and chatter.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
I'm honestly suprised this thread isn't more active. As someone who isn't even a huge fan of Ryu Hayabusa (I don't dislike him, I just have no personal attachment to him), he seems to be one of the most likely characters for DLC. He has a lot going for him, and the Smash fanbase as a whole seem to think that as well. So I'm just a little suprised this thread isn't filled with more hype and chatter.
I think Hayabusa is a character that pretty much everyone can agree is a lock. He has literally everything going for him besides fan demand. As for why he's not a popular pick, it's difficult to say. At the moment Ninja Gaiden is on a bit of a hiatus due to Nioh, and DoA has never been the most popular fighting game out there. Hopefully, Hayabusa's inclusion will rekindle interest into the series. I really loved Ninja Gaiden Black when I was in high school.

RavenousChuChu

Smash Rookie
Looks like IAmShifty has also weighed in on the whole Brew leak situation. He pretty much confirmed the recent Brew impersonator news, but is still very confident in the real Brew, since they supposedly have the same/ very similar sources. Also, he still seems very confident in Ryu Hayabusa being in the fighter pass.

On another note, I think we should all prepare ourselves for the inevitable swarm of 4chan "leaks" featuring Ryu Hayabusa alongside a number of post fighter pass DLC characters leading up to the next character reveal!

DrKatz

Smash Cadet
Looks like IAmShifty has also weighed in on the whole Brew leak situation. He pretty much confirmed the recent Brew impersonator news, but is still very confident in the real Brew, since they supposedly have the same/ very similar sources. Also, he still seems very confident in Ryu Hayabusa being in the fighter pass.

On another note, I think we should all prepare ourselves for the inevitable swarm of 4chan "leaks" featuring Ryu Hayabusa alongside a number of post fighter pass DLC characters leading up to the next character reveal!
I agree 100%. This also goes with my idea that multiple leakers have the same source, and the same “source” which leaked piranha plant has also leaked Hayabusa. IAmShifty is still sticking to his guns after all this time, so if he is credible - I think we can be pretty certain Hayabusa will be one of, if not the next fighter. Here’s hoping they incorporate the Eclipse Scythe into his moveset!!

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Another interesting thing to note is that IAmShifty claims Brew is more certain about Ryu than Geno. That’s gonna piss people off lol. He didn’t say anything about that to PapaGenos.

EDIT: I should clarify that it was apparently Brew’s friend that messaged Papa, not Brew himself. Assuming that this “friend” isn’t Brew, there may have been some poor communication or perhaps they just got carried away with confirming Geno. It’s a weird situation for sure.

Last edited:

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
I think we need to do more research on Brew as people are saying he's a huge troll and Sabi's been saying they have evidence of Brew lying about things such as not being the Fortnite 4chan leaker. Being a liar is not a good thing as Shifty says they are friends and shared the same source(s) on Ryu Hayabusa. If Brew really is a huge troll and liar, who knows if he lied about everything else after Piranha Plant?

DrKatz

Smash Cadet
I think we need to do more research on Brew as people are saying he's a huge troll and Sabi's been saying they have evidence of Brew lying about things such as not being the Fortnite 4chan leaker. Being a liar is not a good thing as Shifty says they are friends and shared the same source(s) on Ryu Hayabusa. If Brew really is a huge troll and liar, who knows if he lied about everything else after Piranha Plant?
If Brew is a big liar, that doesn’t bode well for Shifty either. Just because his friend isn’t trustworthy doesn’t ruin his reputation, but it’s possible his sources aren’t as reliable, especially if he was bouncing things off of Brew.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Clearly the liar and troll here is Sabi though.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Alright. To my understanding, Brew is the one who made the Facebook post about Piranha Plant in Smash.

PapaGenos was told by someone who was also told by a friend, as it wasn't specified to be Brew on either end, that Hayabusa and Geno were coming to Smash as Challenger Pack 5 and the first DLC character after the Fighters Pass, respectively. Their evidence to the claim was the Piranha Plant post made by Brew.

Later, a 4chan poster claiming to be Brew, replaced Geno with Jonesy from Fortnite saying Geno was leakbait. Sabi is, for some reason, on Sabi's Discord server, ecstatic at the prospect of Jonesy in Smash. Brew comes out and says the 4chan poster is an imposter. Sabi talks to Brew and states that Brew is lying about things, also that "the Ryu part is legit at least."

Shifty comes out and tells PapaGenos on PapaGenos' Discord server that Brew is a friend of his and legit as they share the same source(s) on Hayabusa.

Brew makes a new Facebook post reaffirming that Hayabusa is joining Smash Ultimate in 2019 but he posts it with a picture of Jonesy with what appears to be a DBZ character in the background, saying, "also......" https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...ck_reaction_generic&notif_id=1571115495090136

It seems to me Shifty, Sabi, and Brew are all banking hard on Hayabusa to be the last DLC character of the Fighters Pass but the 4chan post threw a wrench in things making Brew act like the way he is lately for the fun of it, joking about Jonesy in Smash, making him out to be a troll which doesn't look good when you are claiming things that people won't then believe because he is not making it entirely clear that he didn't make the 4chan post. At this point, it is unknown whether Brew was the fake 4chan leaker or not.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Clearly the liar and troll here is Sabi though.
I can't trust Sabi's words ever since Nintendo sent her that cease and desist letter.
It feels like Nintendo is using her to sow confusion in the speculation community.
That seemed to be the case during the whole "Nintendo leaked SNK character" fiasco.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I can't trust Sabi's words ever since Nintendo sent her that cease and desist letter.
It feels like Nintendo is using her to sow confusion in the speculation community.
That seemed to be the case during the whole "Nintendo leaked SNK character" fiasco.
If that C&D is even real. She sure isn't acting like it.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
If that C&D is even real. She sure isn't acting like it.
I've read somewhere that Sabi showed the email and "accidentally" revealed the personal info of the lawyer and her fans sent him death threats so he backed down from Sabi and quit his job.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I've read somewhere that Sabi showed the email and "accidentally" revealed the personal info of the lawyer and her fans sent him death threats so he backed down from Sabi and quit his job.
You got a reliable source for that? First I've heard of it and I would think it'd have been a bigger deal if true.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
At the very least, Shifty doesn’t strike me as a liar. There’s not much reason to believe otherwise at this point. I’m just hoping more will develop on this.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
I meant the whole "Sabi costing her lawyer his job" deal.

And remember, evidence for something like this can easily be faked.
Actually, I think it's best not to approach this topic any further due to it being off-topic.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Nice I'm glad you had fun with it. As mentioned, on harder difficulties the game introduces new enemies and bosses. But it also adds looks to boss fights. If you thought the ghost Doku was hard wait till you have to fight him alongside fish.
Oh man I can barely imagine that fight with fish. It was already the hardest boss imo.
I find the missions to be a really fun side mode when i'm not playing through the campaign! There's about 50 missions if you include the final eternal legends challenge, which has 5 missions in one. You'll be placed in small maps from the story mode, but with different combinations of enemies. Part of the challenge comes from the limited weapons and resources they give you e.g. you're unable to use the dragon sword on the first mission, no elixirs and some of the weapons they provide aren't fully upgraded, so sometimes you'll be forced to rethink your strategies against certain enemies. It starts off not too bad, but the later missions can get insane, with you having to fight multiple bosses simultaneously! The missions are on normal mode by default (although enemies not normally seen on normal will appear in some missions), but beating it will unlock the next difficulty up, all the way to master ninja.

I never got around to finishing them all, but I did become more familiar with weapons I rarely used in the story mode b̷e̷c̷a̷u̷s̷e̷ ̷I̷ ̷w̷a̷s̷ ̷t̷o̷o̷ ̷b̷u̷s̷y̷ ̷s̷p̷a̷m̷m̷i̷n̷g̷ ̷3̷6̷0̷ ̷Y̷ ̷g̷l̷e̷a̷m̷i̷n̷g̷ ̷b̷l̷a̷d̷e̷. I'd say give it a go if you're looking for an extra challenge!
That sounds like fun actually. I'll check it out. Thanks!

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
I don't believe any of the recent leaks are legit and it isn't even because of the Fortnite stuff. It's because of Claire being chosen as the Resident Evil character. It'd be like choosing Athena Cykes as the Ace Attorney character. Sure, she's a main character. But I can't ever see her getting in when there's much more popular, prominent, and beloved options for a potential Resident Evil character, such as Leon, Jill, Chris, and Wesker.

But hey, anything that gets more people talking about how cool of an addition Ryu would be is fine by me.
Hayabusa in Smash is something I feel is very similar along the lines of Ryu or Simon. You're not going to find many people who find those two characters undeserving a spot, but they were never the most popular characters around.

Similarly, I doubt you're going to find someone who would object to Hayabusa's inclusion (great Nintendo legacy, relevant thanks to DoA, from a company with a great relationship with Nintendo, iconic thanks to his NES appearances + role as a modern action game icon, loads of moveset potential, etc., etc.), but as such, he's never going to be the most popular pick for a fighter either.

While there certainly are a good number of Ninja Gaiden fans who support him (we're here and we exist!), he's never going to be the huge popularity powerhouse like Ridley or Banjo, but there's nothing really wrong with that. Not everything has to be Banjo or Sans levels of internet-breaking.
I think Hayabusa is a character that pretty much everyone can agree is a lock. He has literally everything going for him besides fan demand. As for why he's not a popular pick, it's difficult to say. At the moment Ninja Gaiden is on a bit of a hiatus due to Nioh, and DoA has never been the most popular fighting game out there. Hopefully, Hayabusa's inclusion will rekindle interest into the series. I really loved Ninja Gaiden Black when I was in high school.
I'd hardly call him a lock, simply because even if I think he'd be a great pick and there's a lot of buzz surrounding him right now, nothing's ever set in stone until it's officially revealed (aside from Inklings being Ultimate, but that was almost a given).

I certainly think him not being the most popular pick might just have to do with the lack of an overlap between the Smash community and the Ninja Gaiden series. Despite heavy Nintendo roots, the original Ninja Gaiden series is notoriously difficult, making it hard for a lot of gamers to really get into the NES games. In addition, a lot of the modern series not only keeps that difficulty, but was generally promoted and sold as Xbox titles. Because of this, Hayabusa's always been character people have considered, but never really took off until really recently.

I really do hope that in the case he is included, it'd inspire people to try out the games some more. While Ninja Gaiden is already on NES Online, ports of Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos and Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom would also be great, and I know I'd kill for a modern Ninja Gaiden collection, featuring Ninja Gaiden Black, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, on Switch.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Yea, I doubt anyone really believes the Fortnite leak. The problem is that it’s obscuring the real information that’s out right now.

Here’s a good summary of the situation:

DrKatz

Smash Cadet
Yea, I doubt anyone really believes the Fortnite leak. The problem is that it’s obscuring the real information that’s out right now.

Here’s a good summary of the situation:

You beat me to it! I just finished watching that video this morning, and was about to share it. It seems the bottom line is - if Shifty and Brew can be trusted, then Hayabusa will be the next DLC character. But everything else is up in the air. And of course, some 4chan posters took advantage and posted fake leaks.

I would like Vergeben to come out and say something as well since he hasn’t really been wrong so far, and usually goes by only his own sources.

So something came up in the Newcomer Speculation Thread. It could be Sakurai hinting at Ryu Hayabusa or it could be nothing at all, obviously there's no way to know for sure until the next character reveal. I just thought i'd share some parts of the conversation here anyway:

Shinobi.
Sakurai used kanji 忍 which means ninja.

The grammar isn't off but still sounds weird and pretty distinctive in that context. You don't normally use this verb.
Translation of the tweet by Google: "I've been in Nintendo Live from the morning of the first day, but I wanted to make it a surprise for the tournament, so I had to endure until the end of the second day. By the way, there is already a group picture of the venue, Terry Bogard".
Someone said:
That's the translation? Where was the kanji for ninja located?
The part "I had endured" correspond to the kanji 忍. The translation should be "I was hiding/sneaking" in that context.
Someone said:
If that's the case then that not only helps Hayabusa, but also any character whose main job is sneaking. Tracer (really), Ezio / AC rep, etc.

It's a bit to vague to call one way or the other IMHO.
I don't think so because the kanji 忍 has a specific meaning which is ninja.
Sakurai used verb 忍んでいた, but this a bit unusual choice of word when you can use more normal verbs such as 潜んでいた or 隠れていた like he did in the How to Use Banjo video where he pulled out Snake's amiibo who was hiding in a bush. You only use verb 忍ぶ when you imply something ninja-like situation or just trying to sound edgy.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So something came up in the Newcomer Speculation Thread. It could be Sakurai hinting at Ryu Hayabusa or it could be nothing at all, obviously there's no way to know for sure until the next character reveal. I just thought i'd share some parts of the conversation here anyway:

Translation of the tweet by Google: "I've been in Nintendo Live from the morning of the first day, but I wanted to make it a surprise for the tournament, so I had to endure until the end of the second day. By the way, there is already a group picture of the venue, Terry Bogard".
Ohh...this could go any way, but regardless, this does bode well for Ryu Hayabusa. The fact that Sakurai used that specific Kanji for that tweet does raise many questions.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Supposedly more information from Brew by Blocked Content:

https://youtu.be/ixh3DsGvoh0

To summarize:
-Knowledge of 10 DLC characters planned for development around Joker's reveal (Dec. 6, 2018), so 5 more so far after Fighters Pass
-Brew and Shifty got their information from a "second" or "third-head" leaker in a private Discord server
-"Maybe" on Geno; Brew says to not credit him as a reliable leaker for Geno if he is indeed in cuz he wasn't sure
-Don't harrass or contact Brew for more information as he doesn't want the attention
-TheGamingShelf and Roxie/Homika from Pokemon shoutout
-Is 100% certain on Ryu Hayabusa being revealed in 2019 whether he is Challenger Pack 5 or one of the early 5 next fighters

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Supposedly more information from Brew by Blocked Content:

https://youtu.be/ixh3DsGvoh0

To summarize:
-Knowledge of 10 DLC characters planned for development around Joker's reveal (Dec. 6, 2018), so 5 more so far after Fighters Pass
-Brew and Shifty got their information from a "second" or "third-head" leaker in a private Discord server
-"Maybe" on Geno; Brew says to not credit him as a reliable leaker for Geno if he is indeed in cuz he wasn't sure
-Don't harrass or contact Brew for more information as he doesn't want the attention
-TheGamingShelf and Roxie/Homika from Pokemon shoutout
-Is 100% certain on Ryu Hayabusa being revealed in 2019 whether he is Challenger Pack 5 or one of the early 5 next fighters
I like Blocked Content's Snake Codecs and Cranky Rants, BUT I avoid his "leak" videos like the plague.
They are of LaxChris quality and are therefore not worth paying any attention to in regards to speculation.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
I like Blocked Content's Snake Codecs and Cranky Rants, BUT I avoid his "leak" videos like the plague.
They are of LaxChris quality and are therefore not worth paying any attention to in regards to speculation.
The only problem I'd have with LaxChris and Blocked Content is that they cover obviously fake leaks presumably for views. They do not make up fake leaks, they just talk about them for "entertainment".

I do not believe the info Blocked Content presents from Brew is fake because it seems to match up with this post on the Geno support thread which explicitly shows texts from Brew about there being at least 10 DLC characters so far: https://smashboards.com/threads/gen...i-discord-poll.446378/page-1504#post-23600146. You'd basically have to be on the train of disbelieving Brew themselves to disbelieve the video just because it's Blocked Content.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Brew makes a new Facebook post reaffirming that Hayabusa is joining Smash Ultimate in 2019 but he posts it with a picture of Jonesy with what appears to be a DBZ character in the background, saying, "also......" https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...ck_reaction_generic&notif_id=1571115495090136
The Fighter's Pass is supposed to be complete by February 2020. I don't see how the 5th character could be completed in time for 2019, especially since Terry will be available in November. Surely, the gap between Hero and B&K was just a little over a month, but it makes more sense for the 5th fighter to be in 2020 for extra bug-fixing purposes.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
The Fighter's Pass is supposed to be complete by February 2020. I don't see how the 5th character could be completed in time for 2019, especially since Terry will be available in November. Surely, the gap between Hero and B&K was just a little over a month, but it makes more sense for the 5th fighter to be in 2020 for extra bug-fixing purposes.
Brew used the same wording of "joining" Smash in 2019 in the Facebook post but he really meant "revealed/announced" for Smash. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom